April 27, 2024, 04:54:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #555 12/6 - 12/8/2006  (Read 128491 times)
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #320 on: December 07, 2006, 06:43:58 PM »

Poor frozen Monkeys.  Do be sure to stay under the electric blankie tonight.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: December 07, 2006, 06:44:36 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"

I have my fireplace blazing.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #322 on: December 07, 2006, 06:44:46 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
I live in Michigan and it gets and stays friggen cold and I never do the things you are talking about, never had a problem.  The only thing I do is unhook the hoses and store them for the winter.  If you have a water pipe that is exposed to the air (as in not buried or anything) for several feet you might want to insulate it but other than that, the odds of your pipes freezing ae pretty darn close to zero.

It depends on whether or not your home is up on pier and beam....if so, then hence the need to wrap the pipes and do the drip. If your home is on a slab, it isn't necessary. The location is moot.
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #323 on: December 07, 2006, 06:45:57 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

I really dont think y'all have to worry about your pipes, it takes the ground a long time to freeze even just a few inches deep.  But, better safe than sorry.

Blah,

I used to have a boss from Michigan who felt the same way. At least he did until some of the pipes in the office building froze and broke and he had to pay a big plumbing bill to get them repaired.  Laughing

y'all must have crappy pipes down there, i'm gonna send all y'all new pipes for christmas   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Well, you know must of us live in those hillbilly shacks, so we're just glad to have any plumbing at all.  Laughing  Laughing  Razz

HEY!!! Don't talk about my house that way....
AND, you got inside plumbing??? wow, one can only dream here... Shocked

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #324 on: December 07, 2006, 06:46:17 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Don't forget!

The Dana Pretzer Show Tonight - 9 PM - Special Guests Attorney Jay Paul Deratany, Dave Holloway, Pat Pedraja, and Bree Smith

The Dana Pretzer Show for tonight will feature these special guests.

Atty Jay Paul Deratany
(Melinda Duckett family atty in the Trenton Duckett case)

Dave Holloway with updates with the Natalee Holloway case

Pat Pedraja, an 11 year old boy in Florida who has leukemia … doing a great deed.  The Driving for Donors campaign for the Bone Marrow Registry.

Bree Smith, sister of missing Honeymooner, George Smith

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/radio/  

That sounds like a great lineup.  I will be having friends over in about an hour so I might miss it but will listen via the MP3. I would love to be able to hear it live, but re-run is better'n nuttin', huney.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #325 on: December 07, 2006, 06:46:54 PM »

SM tree project update.  Not done yet but getting closer  Wink  Laughing

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/klaasend2/smtree8.jpg

Fantastical! Cool
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #326 on: December 07, 2006, 06:47:02 PM »

Quote from: "Ono"
I live in Michigan and it gets and stays friggen cold and I never do the things you are talking about, never had a problem.  The only thing I do is unhook the hoses and store them for the winter.  If you have a water pipe that is exposed to the air (as in not buried or anything) for several feet you might want to insulate it but other than that, the odds of your pipes freezing ae pretty darn close to zero.

It depends on whether or not your home is up on pier and beam....if so, then hence the need to wrap the pipes and do the drip. If your home is on a slab, it isn't necessary. The location is moot.

What about us folks with dirt floors?
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #327 on: December 07, 2006, 06:47:07 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

That sounds so beautiful.  When we were in Oregon this summer, the cottage we stayed at had a gas fireplace.  I loved that thing!  I turned it on and was mesmerized by the flames.  Curled up in a chair and felt so cozy and safe.  My hubby had to open all the windows as it was much too hot, but I loved it.    Laughing

BRING NATALEE HOME
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: December 07, 2006, 06:47:45 PM »

Blah,
Have you lost your dog?  I think I found him!!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: December 07, 2006, 06:48:31 PM »

That sounds so beautiful.  When we were in Oregon this summer, the cottage we stayed at had a gas fireplace.  I loved that thing!  I turned it on and was mesmerized by the flames.  Curled up in a chair and felt so cozy and safe.  My hubby had to open all the windows as it was much too hot, but I loved it.    Laughing

Yeah, lots a folks like those gas burners, don't think I could afford the gas bill.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #330 on: December 07, 2006, 06:48:42 PM »

Who minds a bit of dirt when you have a blazing fireplace?  Splendid!   Laughing

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #331 on: December 07, 2006, 06:49:53 PM »

Oh, Anna, I'm glad you are back safe and sound from the frozen tundra.  What a cute doggie.  He resembles Blah, a little...

BRING NATALEE HOME
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #332 on: December 07, 2006, 06:50:48 PM »

Who minds a bit of dirt when you have a blazing fireplace?  Splendid!   Laughing

Yep, bout all I have to worry about is getting run over by a buffalo heard when I step outside.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #333 on: December 07, 2006, 06:52:06 PM »

Yep, bout all I have to worry about is getting run over by a buffalo heard when I step outside.

Shocked   Frozen buffalo?

BRING NATALEE HOME
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #334 on: December 07, 2006, 06:52:57 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "Buckeye"
Anna

You just don't want water in the spigots.  If you can't get the hose off, just make sure you don't have one of those adjustable ends that shut off water (twist) but the spigot is still open. Then just drain as much water out of hose as you can.
Tyler is right about the indoor faucets that have pipes running by an outside wall.  Let the water drip a little and open any cupboard doors to let the heat from the house get to the back wall.

blah
Your bruss. sprouts will be on my Xmas menu.

Tyler
Somebody told me that smoked turkey was the best turkey they ever had.  Does it taste like hotdogs or smoked sausage?? Sometimes all the smoked stuff tastes the same to me. I'm debating about trying one. TIA

It is much better than "regular" baked turkey or any other way I have had it except barbecued.  I buy them smoked from Honey Baked Ham or Logan's Farm, Williams-Sonoma, etc., (whoever has the price du jour).  I am not particularly fond of those I have eaten that people cook on their smoker, but I suspect all that I have eaten that way was done by ameteurs.  Smoked turkey that is done right tastes very similar to honey baked ham.

I agree with your ham retail sources above, Tyler. Also, I highly suggest this great source:

http://virginiatraditions.com/Default.asp

YUM.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: December 07, 2006, 06:53:09 PM »

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

im sitting here in a short sleeve shirt drinkin a half frozen beer

its 19 degrees out, 3 with the wind chill

maybe theres something wrong with me    Confused
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #336 on: December 07, 2006, 06:53:25 PM »

Carnut, I must say I admire you for you lead a very challenging life.   Laughing

BRING NATALEE HOME
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #337 on: December 07, 2006, 06:53:37 PM »

SM tree project update.  Not done yet but getting closer  Wink  Laughing

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/klaasend2/smtree8.jpg

Fantastical! Cool

Klaas, little none said to tell you thank you for that star, it reminds her of him  Very Happy she also said you are very sweet.

Blah- brussel sprouts are delicious, I roast them with a little olive oil, cracked pepper and lemon.........works great with asparagus, green beans, and new potatoes too !

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: December 07, 2006, 06:53:56 PM »

More confirmation regarding JK2 remaining suspects from Medleyrelay at FOB:

Sadly I heard from a reliable source that this is true. It was not the van der Sloots, but reliable. Normally I would not like to believe Monkey Poop and was hoping that MF or someone would come on here and speak up.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #339 on: December 07, 2006, 06:54:30 PM »

Anna, I thought you were ins Alabama, why are you worried about your pipes freezing?

For the same reason I'm worried about my pipes freezing in Tennessee. It's going to be 18 degrees here the next two nights.  Sad

18 degrees for 2 nights is not going to make your pipes freeze and burst.

Maybe we have different water in the south.  Laughing  Laughing

thats would explaint ALOT of things !!!

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

JUST KIDDING, DONT KILL ME !!!!!

Our Southern watah is softer! Very Happy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.