April 28, 2024, 05:52:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #555 12/6 - 12/8/2006  (Read 128529 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #400 on: December 07, 2006, 07:21:02 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "nonesuche"
Quote from: "Buckeye"
None

You should both be very proud!!

Thank you buckeye, despite the trials of this year she's still done so well, I even found a butterfly charm for her bracelet but shhhh, no one tell that's a secret. I plan to give it to her to wear at graduation.

I know you are proud of her as you should be, for more reasons than one, but that cum laude thingie is really fantastic.  I know she has worked hard and has been through a lot and it is pretty amazing that she graduates, muchless that she is graduating cum laude.  I hope she will take a break and do something fun for a while.  She is going to love the butterfly, what a neat gift!

Tell her congratulations, Nonsey. That is wonderful.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #401 on: December 07, 2006, 07:21:37 PM »

Quote from: "Ono"
Quote from: "carpe noctem"
LOL Ono!

Awwww
Ya just put one foot over your shoulder

and then the other.

heh heh
Laughing

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing How laborious! That is truly flexible. Laughing

Very Happy  Wink

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #402 on: December 07, 2006, 07:22:46 PM »

Quote from: "blah"

Asparagus - boilfor 8 minutes (maybe longer in the south  Wink ) while boiling, saute some mushrooms (those white ones they have at all the grocery store, forget what they are called) and sesame seeds in butter for a few minutes. Drain and mix in the asparagus and squeeze a little lemon juice over the top.

So good you will slap your momma !!

Wink

So where were you when we were doing the cookbook Blah!!!!   Laughing  Laughing
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: December 07, 2006, 07:24:22 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
oh and Blah, Martha Stewart was doing cutting boards on her show today, using woodburning tools. You need to get a website up with your wares !!

I have been building them like crazy, still have about 6 more to make before christmas.  I dont mind making them as gifts or for friends but I really dont think making a website and trying to make some money off them would really work.  I would have to find someone willing to pay a couple hundred dollards for one for it to be worth while.  Then again, check this out....

http://www.ozarkwest.com/endgrcubo.html

Holy cow!  That's a lot of money for a cutting board.  They are nice, but that's still a lot of money for a cutting board.

theres probably close to $100 just in wood in those.  Add in wear and tear on your equipment (blades are not cheap and need to be sharpened occasionally - also not cheap), sand paper, glue (takes about $7 -$10 in glue alone for one end grain cutting board), your time, gas and time spent going to the sawmill to pick out just the right boards, mineral oil, etc and even at those prices its hard to make money on them.   Its alot easier to just make them and give them away, everyone is happier that way.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #404 on: December 07, 2006, 07:25:22 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "BTgirl"

I really dont think y'all have to worry about your pipes, it takes the ground a long time to freeze even just a few inches deep.  But, better safe than sorry.

Blah,

I used to have a boss from Michigan who felt the same way. At least he did until some of the pipes in the office building froze and broke and he had to pay a big plumbing bill to get them repaired.  Laughing

LOL. BT, the Henig fur people moved here from Chicago and went on a cruise although being warned that the weather during Christmas could drop to single digits, and they (being from Chicago) thought nothing of it.  They returned to find their house was a lake.   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Well, that's kinda because building codes in Chicago would generally prevent the possiblity of that occuring.

Guess the fur people never checked into what the local building codes of their structure allowed for.

A few years ago, there was a fairly new, rather expensive high rise in Chicago that had some pipes burst in winter.  Someone had gone on vacation or moved out and left the heat completely off.  Lots of damage to other condos in the building.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: December 07, 2006, 07:26:50 PM »

Still no confirmation or comments from Glenda, MF or Scubajap regarding JK2 remaining suspects.  I'd also like to know the status of the security guards.  Sounded like at least Mickey John had the blessing of KJ to be released.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #406 on: December 07, 2006, 07:27:28 PM »

Seems like the judge did some good today!

Very Happy

I am very happy about it.

...about time.

amen carpe amen

hey Blah,

Is Jaansen really retiring Jan 1, 2007?

Are we done with her? I hope.  Confused

For Nat's and her family's sake!

maybe Jossey will give us the lowdown on the Jansen situation this weekend.  I sure hope shes retiring too!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #407 on: December 07, 2006, 07:28:44 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Still no confirmation or comments from Glenda, MF or Scubajap regarding JK2 remaining suspects.  I'd also like to know the status of the security guards.  Sounded like at least Mickey John had the blessing of KJ to be released.

That crew is probably at C and Charlies' trying to figure out a spin strategy.  Aint' going to work ever again.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #408 on: December 07, 2006, 07:29:22 PM »

You know, their silence could be interpreted as a good thing.  Bitterness has puckered their ability to speak.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #409 on: December 07, 2006, 07:29:46 PM »

oh and Blah, Martha Stewart was doing cutting boards on her show today, using woodburning tools. You need to get a website up with your wares !!

I have been building them like crazy, still have about 6 more to make before christmas.  I dont mind making them as gifts or for friends but I really dont think making a website and trying to make some money off them would really work.  I would have to find someone willing to pay a couple hundred dollards for one for it to be worth while.  Then again, check this out....

http://www.ozarkwest.com/endgrcubo.html

Holy cow!  That's a lot of money for a cutting board.  They are nice, but that's still a lot of money for a cutting board.

theres probably close to $100 just in wood in those.  Add in wear and tear on your equipment (blades are not cheap and need to be sharpened occasionally - also not cheap), sand paper, glue (takes about $7 -$10 in glue alone for one end grain cutting board), your time, gas and time spent going to the sawmill to pick out just the right boards, mineral oil, etc and even at those prices its hard to make money on them.   Its alot easier to just make them and give them away, everyone is happier that way.

Well, sell the idea to China.  They can make them out of MDF board and sell them for about $20 secondary child labor. Crying or Very sad

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #410 on: December 07, 2006, 07:29:54 PM »

the tree is kicking booty class...

it's a PURDY ONE!  Wink

Nice work.

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #411 on: December 07, 2006, 07:30:06 PM »

Good luck, None.  Knock em dead!!   Laughing   If you've made it to the fourth interview, I think you're a shoe-in.  They like you, that's for sure, so keep your chin up and the fire in your eyes, lady.

Thank you AZ ! It's a job with up to 80% travel too, so the high side is a monkey may never know when I'll be in your city  Laughing Honestly I finally asked their timeline to hire and they were honest they have a 4th Q hiring freeze, so these are positions for hire in early January.

We'll see, I actually need to study up on some platform lingo and expect I'll be tunneled into that until the wee hours.  Rolling Eyes

I continue to stand with the girl.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #412 on: December 07, 2006, 07:30:35 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"

Asparagus - boilfor 8 minutes (maybe longer in the south  Wink ) while boiling, saute some mushrooms (those white ones they have at all the grocery store, forget what they are called) and sesame seeds in butter for a few minutes. Drain and mix in the asparagus and squeeze a little lemon juice over the top.

So good you will slap your momma !!

Wink

So where were you when we were doing the cookbook Blah!!!!   Laughing  Laughing

i didnt know how to read or write back then.

(pretty pathetic I know but it was the best excuse I could come up with being put on the spot and all)
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #413 on: December 07, 2006, 07:31:09 PM »

Klaas

forgive me... I'm an idiot.

I hack your name up all the time unintentionally.

I care!!! Really I do.  Very Happy

------------------
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #414 on: December 07, 2006, 07:31:16 PM »

I'm afraid that the price of wood, really fine wood, has pushed the plastic cutting board into the forefront and onto the countertops of most of us.  It's a shame.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #415 on: December 07, 2006, 07:31:37 PM »

You know, their silence could be interpreted as a good thing.  Bitterness has puckered their ability to speak.

There seems to be an epidemic of lockjaw going around.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #416 on: December 07, 2006, 07:32:12 PM »

Blah: Your friends are lucky...a good cutting board is worth it's weight in gold. Is the best way to refresh a board with mineral oil and how often? I have a very good one (but want a larger Boos), but do wish to learn how to properly care for it. Wood is better than an acryllic cutting board, as wood destroys bacteria, I've heard. Also, it's too easy for a knife to accidentially slide off the acryllic while chopping.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #417 on: December 07, 2006, 07:32:39 PM »

I heard they're all at the meeting to discuss "No year-end bonus". Now, that's just a rumor, I'll need JR or Moon to verify...
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #418 on: December 07, 2006, 07:32:47 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"

That crew is probably at C and Charlies' trying to figure out a spin strategy.  Aint' going to work ever again.

Laughing  Laughing oh both scuba and renfro's hubbies have interests in restaurants, so I suspect they are huddled at those bars for free  Laughing

Ono, Mishy, tyler, buckeye, AZ, thank all of you for your many kind words, daughter is very appreciative as am I.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #419 on: December 07, 2006, 07:34:17 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"

I heard they're all at the meeting to discuss "No year-end bonus". Now, that's just a rumor, I'll need JR or Moon to verify...

Post of the day  Laughing  Laughing maybe that explains Joe T's meltdown

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.