April 27, 2024, 01:09:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #555 12/6 - 12/8/2006  (Read 128483 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #420 on: December 07, 2006, 07:34:34 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Still no confirmation or comments from Glenda, MF or Scubajap regarding JK2 remaining suspects.  I'd also like to know the status of the security guards.  Sounded like at least Mickey John had the blessing of KJ to be released.

I surely hope those two long-suffering guards get officially released.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #421 on: December 07, 2006, 07:34:44 PM »

I'm going to throw the steaks on the grill and the taters in the oven before Dana starts, so I'll be back.  See ya.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #422 on: December 07, 2006, 07:35:11 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
I'm afraid that the price of wood, really fine wood, has pushed the plastic cutting board into the forefront and onto the countertops of most of us.  It's a shame.

Not to mention and I am really mad about this, there is no good furniture.  I went to Ethan Allen a few days ago to find a table to fill a spot by my fireplace just for Christmas.  The prices were for a permanent piece of furniture but the craftsmanship was no better than Wal-Mart.  So folks, if you have mother's and daddy's old furniture, or good furniture of your own, hold onto it.  There will not likely be anymore good wood furniture in this country except what we are holding onto unless some of you buy some of the many antiques that are being sold off in France, secondary to the country being broke.  They are selling off everything including their landmarks and historical buildings and furnishings.  It is very, very sad, but if you can grab some up before the dealers get them, by all means, buy, buy, buy.  I do not have a place to put anymore and I am not in the business, but I have a DIL that is buying.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #423 on: December 07, 2006, 07:36:11 PM »

Quote from: "Ono"
Still no confirmation or comments from Glenda, MF or Scubajap regarding JK2 remaining suspects.  I'd also like to know the status of the security guards.  Sounded like at least Mickey John had the blessing of KJ to be released.

Interesting that Aruba has not done so, will that be left up to Holland as well? Was there ever a determination for I saw both AZ  and Sunfreak spoke to this, regarding if Interpol could actually step in once the case is closed?

I continue to stand with the girl.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #424 on: December 07, 2006, 07:36:13 PM »

nonesuche - I was at the grocery store the other day and I was looking for something in the baking section and came across this and just couldnt believe what I was seeing.  I had never heard of this stuff and didnt even know it existed.  I thought of you as soon as I saw it and looked it up on the internet as soon as I got home and sure as heck, found a picture of it.  Dont know if you saw it yet or not, I posted it the other day....

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #425 on: December 07, 2006, 07:36:29 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "LilPuma"
Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Did the mention of collard balls scare everyone away?

It was the first thing I read after logging on.  Yea, it was a little scary.   Shocked  Laughing  

p.s.  I didn't know what grits were until last month (Alton Brown, the Food Channel.  He said it's like polenta - that I get!) and I'm still trying to figure out Huckleberry pie.  I do remember a book about Huck Finn.   Idea

When you think "grits" think "how do I prefer mashed potatoes?"....add plenty of salt & pepper and butter for starters....and please cook them long enough so that they are NOT loose and runny, but have substance! Add garlic too, and whatever else you want! Very Happy

Even cheese, shrimp and bell pepper.  Mushrooms, shrimp, bell pepper and diced tomatoes, um good.

Now you're talking polenta!   Laughing   You can get polenta in various forms on many menus around here, usually as an appetizer.  Olive oil, cheese, peppers, etc. are thrown in.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #426 on: December 07, 2006, 07:37:14 PM »

Blah - I did see that silly, I posted back to you but you must have missed it  Laughing What does mincemeat taste like? I've never had it?

I bet there are a few posters who would like to see me as mincemeat  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #427 on: December 07, 2006, 07:37:46 PM »

I like this one.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #428 on: December 07, 2006, 07:42:52 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"

Interesting that Aruba has not done so, will that be left up to Holland as well? Was there ever a determination for I saw both AZ  and Sunfreak spoke to this, regarding if Interpol could actually step in once the case is closed?

Well, from a layman's point of view, I think Interpol is good only for assisting FBI in the investigation part.  A criminal trial in the future would come up either in Holland ( as the Sloots are Dutch--has nothing to do with international court ) or in Alabama. But I may be incorrect. Let's inquire of Hammer. Interpol is International Police----ie: investigations...
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #429 on: December 07, 2006, 07:43:35 PM »

Quote from: "robots"
JOE TACOPINA will be on EVERY CHANNEL ha can find

Twisted Evil

i hope he has another BLOW UP

Twisted Evil

Robots, you've been holding out on us.  I saw you on an E-Bay commercial today.  You changed clothes, but I could tell it was you.   Wink

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #430 on: December 07, 2006, 07:44:42 PM »

Blah: Your friends are lucky...a good cutting board is worth it's weight in gold. Is the best way to refresh a board with mineral oil and how often? I have a very good one (but want a larger Boos), but do wish to learn how to properly care for it. Wood is better than an acryllic cutting board, as wood destroys bacteria, I've heard. Also, it's too easy for a knife to accidentially slide off the acryllic while chopping.

rule of thumb for oiling a cutting board is as follows if it is new and never been oiled:
oil once a day for a week, after that once a week for a month, then once every month to 3 months depending on how much you use it.  Mineral oil is good to use because it doesnt go rancid.  The cheapest place to buy mineral oil (and I just now found this out) is at Miejers.  If you warm up the mineral oil on the stove and shave off some paraffin wax into it, warm until the wax melts then apply to the cutting board it will last alot longer.  

If it is not new, or has already ben treated, oil it eery 1 to 3 months.  Never put it in the dishwasher and never submerge it in water - not even for 1 second.  Just wipe it off with a damp soapy rag and then dry it.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #431 on: December 07, 2006, 07:46:16 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Did the mention of collard balls scare everyone away?

It was the first thing I read after logging on.  Yea, it was a little scary.   Shocked  Laughing  

p.s.  I didn't know what grits were until last month (Alton Brown, the Food Channel.  He said it's like polenta - that I get!) and I'm still trying to figure out Huckleberry pie.  I do remember a book about Huck Finn.   Idea

When you think "grits" think "how do I prefer mashed potatoes?"....add plenty of salt & pepper and butter for starters....and please cook them long enough so that they are NOT loose and runny, but have substance! Add garlic too, and whatever else you want! Very Happy

Even cheese, shrimp and bell pepper.  Mushrooms, shrimp, bell pepper and diced tomatoes, um good.

Now you're talking polenta!   Laughing   You can get polenta in various forms on many menus around here, usually as an appetizer.  Olive oil, cheese, peppers, etc. are thrown in.

Polenta is 'kin' to grits. Both corn meal products. White corn meal is preferable to yellow.
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #432 on: December 07, 2006, 07:47:13 PM »

As usual I will start a little early and take calls if you are interested.
Check the live feed at www.scaredmonkeys.com/radio
If I see you there I will take calls.
Should be a interesting show tonight.

Dana

Comment by Dana | December 7, 2006, 7:55 pm
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: December 07, 2006, 07:47:55 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "AZLady"
I'm afraid that the price of wood, really fine wood, has pushed the plastic cutting board into the forefront and onto the countertops of most of us.  It's a shame.

Not to mention and I am really mad about this, there is no good furniture.  I went to Ethan Allen a few days ago to find a table to fill a spot by my fireplace just for Christmas.  The prices were for a permanent piece of furniture but the craftsmanship was no better than Wal-Mart.  So folks, if you have mother's and daddy's old furniture, or good furniture of your own, hold onto it.  There will not likely be anymore good wood furniture in this country except what we are holding onto unless some of you buy some of the many antiques that are being sold off in France, secondary to the country being broke.  They are selling off everything including their landmarks and historical buildings and furnishings.  It is very, very sad, but if you can grab some up before the dealers get them, by all means, buy, buy, buy.  I do not have a place to put anymore and I am not in the business, but I have a DIL that is buying.

that is exactly the reason I started getting into building my own stuff.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #434 on: December 07, 2006, 07:49:21 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
Blah: Your friends are lucky...a good cutting board is worth it's weight in gold. Is the best way to refresh a board with mineral oil and how often? I have a very good one (but want a larger Boos), but do wish to learn how to properly care for it. Wood is better than an acryllic cutting board, as wood destroys bacteria, I've heard. Also, it's too easy for a knife to accidentially slide off the acryllic while chopping.

rule of thumb for oiling a cutting board is as follows if it is new and never been oiled:
oil once a day for a week, after that once a week for a month, then once every month to 3 months depending on how much you use it.  Mineral oil is good to use because it doesnt go rancid.  The cheapest place to buy mineral oil (and I just now found this out) is at Miejers.  If you warm up the mineral oil on the stove and shave off some paraffin wax into it, warm until the wax melts then apply to the cutting board it will last alot longer.  

If it is not new, or has already ben treated, oil it eery 1 to 3 months.  Never put it in the dishwasher and never submerge it in water - not even for 1 second.  Just wipe it off with a damp soapy rag and then dry it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will copy & paste this for myself. What type of store is Miejers? I have never put it into a dishwasher and have only used hot soapy water, briefly, drying it thoroughly. But have never oiled it.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #435 on: December 07, 2006, 07:49:39 PM »

Blah - I did see that silly, I posted back to you but you must have missed it  Laughing What does mincemeat taste like? I've never had it?

I bet there are a few posters who would like to see me as mincemeat  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Laughing  Laughing

I must have missed your reply.  I have never had mincemeat, maybe I should buy some and try it out.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #436 on: December 07, 2006, 07:52:30 PM »

None: Mincemeat is a delicious garnish. Spicey and tasty.

Blah: It is a fine cutting board which I got from the magazine FOOD & WINE.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #437 on: December 07, 2006, 07:53:49 PM »

Laughing  Laughing

I must have missed your reply.  I have never had mincemeat, maybe I should buy some and try it out.

I agree ! You bake a pie and let me know if it's any good  Laughing

Now I am craving roasted collard balls thanks to tyler and blah  Laughing  Laughing

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #438 on: December 07, 2006, 07:55:19 PM »

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will copy & paste this for myself. What type of store is Miejers? I have never put it into a dishwasher and have only used hot soapy water, briefly, drying it thoroughly. But have never oiled it.

you can buy mineral oil at pretty much any drug store, look near the laxatives.  Miejers is what there was before Walmart.  Must only be in Michigan.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #439 on: December 07, 2006, 07:56:34 PM »

Laughing  Laughing

I agree ! You bake a pie and let me know if it's any good  Laughing

Now I am craving roasted collard balls thanks to tyler and blah  Laughing  Laughing

after all this talk, I still dont know what a dang collard ball is.  Did someone explain it yet?  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.