April 28, 2024, 01:30:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #555 12/6 - 12/8/2006  (Read 128513 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #440 on: December 07, 2006, 07:56:35 PM »

So what's up monkeys????

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #441 on: December 07, 2006, 07:57:25 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
So what's up monkeys????

Mrs Red.
Hope all is well..
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: December 07, 2006, 07:58:35 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "Ono"
Blah: Your friends are lucky...a good cutting board is worth it's weight in gold. Is the best way to refresh a board with mineral oil and how often? I have a very good one (but want a larger Boos), but do wish to learn how to properly care for it. Wood is better than an acryllic cutting board, as wood destroys bacteria, I've heard. Also, it's too easy for a knife to accidentially slide off the acryllic while chopping.

rule of thumb for oiling a cutting board is as follows if it is new and never been oiled:
oil once a day for a week, after that once a week for a month, then once every month to 3 months depending on how much you use it.  Mineral oil is good to use because it doesnt go rancid.  The cheapest place to buy mineral oil (and I just now found this out) is at Miejers.  If you warm up the mineral oil on the stove and shave off some paraffin wax into it, warm until the wax melts then apply to the cutting board it will last alot longer.  

If it is not new, or has already ben treated, oil it eery 1 to 3 months.  Never put it in the dishwasher and never submerge it in water - not even for 1 second.  Just wipe it off with a damp soapy rag and then dry it.

Thanks Blah...this is good stuff to know!!

Bring Natalee home...
anidac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #443 on: December 07, 2006, 07:59:45 PM »

Howdy strangers!

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #444 on: December 07, 2006, 08:01:07 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Quote from: "nonesuche"
Blah - I did see that silly, I posted back to you but you must have missed it  Laughing What does mincemeat taste like? I've never had it?

I bet there are a few posters who would like to see me as mincemeat  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Laughing  Laughing

I must have missed your reply.  I have never had mincemeat, maybe I should buy some and try it out.

I agree ! You bake a pie and let me know if it's any good  Laughing

Now I am craving roasted collard balls thanks to tyler and blah  Laughing  Laughing

after all this talk, I still dont know what a dang collard ball is.  Did someone explain it yet?  Laughing

Brussels sprouts  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #445 on: December 07, 2006, 08:02:21 PM »

None: Mincemeat is a delicious garnish. Spicey and tasty.

Blah: It is a fine cutting board which I got from the magazine FOOD & WINE.

I have 4 taking up my kitchen table that are in the "once a day" oil stage, 2 propped up in my window trying to get the Cherry to darken up, 2 glued up and still in the clamps and half a dozen or so to make still.  

My girlfriend enjoys helping me make them too, except she wont run the table saw or router yet.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #446 on: December 07, 2006, 08:03:51 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "AZLady"
I'm afraid that the price of wood, really fine wood, has pushed the plastic cutting board into the forefront and onto the countertops of most of us.  It's a shame.

Not to mention and I am really mad about this, there is no good furniture.  I went to Ethan Allen a few days ago to find a table to fill a spot by my fireplace just for Christmas.  The prices were for a permanent piece of furniture but the craftsmanship was no better than Wal-Mart.  So folks, if you have mother's and daddy's old furniture, or good furniture of your own, hold onto it.  There will not likely be anymore good wood furniture in this country except what we are holding onto unless some of you buy some of the many antiques that are being sold off in France, secondary to the country being broke.  They are selling off everything including their landmarks and historical buildings and furnishings.  It is very, very sad, but if you can grab some up before the dealers get them, by all means, buy, buy, buy.  I do not have a place to put anymore and I am not in the business, but I have a DIL that is buying.

Ethan Allen is now just middle of the road. Old Ethan Allen wood pieces is collectible....but don't buy it new. They have gone off the deep end, style-wise. Their upholstery is excellent, however---so are their mattresses; Baker; Maitland - Smith;  Bevan- Funnel; Henredon are still some fine quality wood furniture, but the supply of good craftsmanship is dwindling. Go antiques....use as many as possible...except for sofas & upholstery, which will take a lot of use. Hancock & Moore is the best for leather furniture...they do the leather for Congress....Horchow has very good quality furniture, as well. Horchow and Neiman Marcus anything is great.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #447 on: December 07, 2006, 08:04:26 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
So what's up monkeys????

you !!
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #448 on: December 07, 2006, 08:05:16 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

Brussels sprouts  Very Happy

oh

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #449 on: December 07, 2006, 08:06:37 PM »

I have 4 taking up my kitchen table that are in the "once a day" oil stage, 2 propped up in my window trying to get the Cherry to darken up, 2 glued up and still in the clamps and half a dozen or so to make still.  

My girlfriend enjoys helping me make them too, except she wont run the table saw or router yet.

Laughing I don't blame her! Laughing  Seriously, that sounds like wonderful fun ( I LOVE wood)...what an enjoyable hobby.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #450 on: December 07, 2006, 08:06:45 PM »

Quote from: "anidac"
Howdy strangers!

Hello Anidac, How's things?
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #451 on: December 07, 2006, 08:08:44 PM »

Laughing I don't blame her! Laughing  Seriously, that sounds like wonderful fun ( I LOVE wood)...what an enjoyable hobby.

yeah, I have too many friggen hobbies. Have to start gettin rid of a few  Laughing
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: December 07, 2006, 08:09:15 PM »

Wish I could find someone to help me Photoshop my pics.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #453 on: December 07, 2006, 08:09:48 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Howdy strangers!

Hello Anidac, How's things?

Hi Anidac. Been back to England anymore lately?

I Stand With The Girl
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #454 on: December 07, 2006, 08:12:11 PM »

who all is going to call into Dana tonight?  What time is he starting, 9:00?

He has to start comming on earlier, I get up too dang early !!!!!!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: December 07, 2006, 08:12:20 PM »

Quote from: "carpe noctem"
Klaas

forgive me... I'm an idiot.

I hack your name up all the time unintentionally.

I care!!! Really I do.  Very Happy

Just saw this message ( I was busy doing some online Christmas shopping).  Don't worry about my name, everyone messes it up, lol  Laughing
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #456 on: December 07, 2006, 08:12:31 PM »

Hi Monkey's
Busy day for me BIG FUND RAISER, Just read the front page
and it totally made my day..

I guess Joe Taco was off his mark once again
I am so glad the judge is still holding them suspects, The power
of prayer workds lets keep it up Smile

See you all later gotta raise money

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #457 on: December 07, 2006, 08:13:06 PM »

We are on live now and will take calls before the show starts.
go to
www.scaredmonkeys.com/radio to listen live.

hope to have you with us tonight.

Dana
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: December 07, 2006, 08:13:09 PM »

Howdy strangers!

Hi Anidac!  Long time no see!  How are you?
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #459 on: December 07, 2006, 08:14:07 PM »

Blah: Thanks for the Miejers explanation.

Carnut: Have a local Kwik Kopy close by?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.