April 19, 2024, 11:11:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #24 9/26/09 - 10/02/09  (Read 449160 times)
crimedontpay
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1140 on: September 29, 2009, 10:07:59 PM »

Monkeys~  I know it's slow and the discussion here  in the last posts have been about other missing person's cases, but I really think we need to stay on topic about Haleigh's case in her threads, please.  As you know, others come here looking for information about Haleigh's case, and they will have to scroll through the other discussion to find it.  I think the discussion is interesting though, and maybe some monkey might want to open a thread to continue the discussion there.  Thank you all for keeping Haleigh's thread all about her.  I hope she's found soon.   an angelic monkey

My apologies MuffyBee ... still trying to get a handle on what's acceptable here, but I certainly see your point about staying on topic.  I had not been looking at it in that light, so I'll cease and desist on O/T posts!  We're cool!

Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1141 on: September 29, 2009, 10:13:46 PM »

As the conversation and events are a bit slow tonight, I hope y'all don't mind my asking how many of these cases you've sifted through here on SM and whether you were shocked/vindicated when an arrest was made.

I'm pretty new here and only discovered this forum because I'd been sort of vaguely followed this case.  Haleigh was abducted on my wedding anniversary or in the early morning hours the next day and I remember thinking how screwed things here in Florida seemed to be ... we've had more than our share of these babies and teens being abducted/murdered.  So, I kind of hit on this forum when the lie detector news broke and a websearch turned up this site. 

But it appears from shear number of posts that many of you have been here a long time.  So I'm just curious whether you've solved cases prior to LE or discovered facts that LE then had to consider or how it's all gone?  Is there a feeling of satisfaction when things get resolved ... or just sadness that they usually end up being very sad stories?

Good questions, crimedontpay.  I can only give my views/experiences, of course.  I've followed several cases in forums, and Stacy Peterson's case is the first one I started actually trying to help with.  I rarely post anywhere else now, except for here.  Cuz I do believe that Scared Monkeys has the best researchers, the best gathering of minds, the best opinion sharers, the ones with the most integrity, compassion, etc.  Even tho we do have our moments, it seems to me our hearts are in the right place.  Plus we have the best mods and treatment from them, and between members, in any forum anywhere! 

Sat thru NG and the whole Trenton Duckett case.  Sandra Cantu's case.  And of course, Caylee Anthony's.  Still here for Haleigh, as well as Lindsey Baum, Hassani Campbell, Adji Desir, Jaycee Dugard and other cases.   There are times when it gets sooooo sad, that it's overwhelming.  And that's the time to take a lil break and come back to it later.   

What I've found is that no matter who the missing person is, adult or child, the cases are filled with many of the frustrations etc, found from case to case.  I cannot think of one case yet that hasn't had more than it's share of frustrations.  Perhaps in part because we online don't have access to all the info, and it's hard coming to conclusions without confirmation from LE, which they don't often do until much later on.  And definitely in part if/when there are lies and inconsistencies coming from the key players in a case. 

One thing I've learned is that in many cases, LE doesn't much appreciate "help" from others.  Whether than be from online researchers, opinion givers, even licensed professional 'Search and Rescue' teams with tracking and/or cadaver dogs.  Seems the very last ones many LE pay attention to are tips from the psychics.  There's a kind of 'macho-ism' that seems to prevail with many LE.  If they didn't think of it first, or find it themselves first, then it seems that many don't want others to "show them up".  It's happened over and over and over again, in many cases.  Whether they want to admit it or not.  And sadly, we cannot 'make' them listen to whatever we have discovered.  And don't know for sure if they even follow something up or not.

Most of the time, when there's something found out, I've personally (and know of others who do the same in other cases) email/call the info in to LE, just to make sure they know of it.  Sometimes (as in Stacy's case), LE hadn't been aware yet of some of those things.   Sometimes (not often tho) they aren't very grateful for those tips, (even tho they ask for them), because of the 'macho-ism', my guess.  But most often, even if reluctantly, they've taken the tips and searched the area in question, or went with the info in some way.  Some cases have been solved on tips being given.

In the Stacy Peterson case, (she's the 4th wife of a police officer, whose 3rd wife was murdered, yeah that one), there was just as much turmoil and frustration as this case is.  Yet very satisfying to see the husband arrested, and doing the perp walk in handcuffs.  There's just something inside that clicks, knowing that we online researchers did the best we could, and finally FINALLY get to see some justice brought for the missing and or murdered one.  Kind of makes all the turmoil and frustration verrrrrrrry well worth it. 

Some say.. well what can you do online, in a case, to actually help LE solve a case.  And there's plenty, we're the extra eyes and ears for LE and the family.  Cuz they cannot see everything and be everywhere at once.  There have been things that online researchers have dug up and/or noticed, that LE hadn't found yet or hadn't thought of, etc.  Anyway, when a case reaches trial and moves beyond that, there comes an immense satisfaction of justice being brought for the victim.  And it feels good to know that we may have had a little hand in that, even if/when LE doesn't admit it.  lol   

Let's please go back to Haleigh's case.  I think the discussion is interesting, but we're in Haleigh's thread
.   an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 10:17:01 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1142 on: September 29, 2009, 10:13:59 PM »

Misty wants comments on her MYSpace.

http://www.myspace.com/501509439
And her mood is exotic 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1143 on: September 29, 2009, 10:15:15 PM »

Monkeys~  I know it's slow and the discussion here  in the last posts have been about other missing person's cases, but I really think we need to stay on topic about Haleigh's case in her threads, please.  As you know, others come here looking for information about Haleigh's case, and they will have to scroll through the other discussion to find it.  I think the discussion is interesting though, and maybe some monkey might want to open a thread to continue the discussion there.  Thank you all for keeping Haleigh's thread all about her.  I hope she's found soon.   an angelic monkey

My apologies MuffyBee ... still trying to get a handle on what's acceptable here, but I certainly see your point about staying on topic.  I had not been looking at it in that light, so I'll cease and desist on O/T posts!  We're cool!

Some off topic is normal and expected.  We all do it    It's what helps make Scared Monkeys a friendly place.  But the off topic should be brief.   This is a big forum, and there are plenty of places to post and have discussion.  I let the discussion here go for a bit tonight, because it concerned missing persons.  However, I don't think it would be so great to turn this thread into post after post about missing persons other than Haleigh.  Thank you for understanding.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1144 on: September 29, 2009, 10:17:15 PM »

And her mood is exotic 

I never knew exotic was a mood.
Strange the things one learns on myspace. Monkey Devil!

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1145 on: September 29, 2009, 10:19:13 PM »

And her mood is exotic 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1146 on: September 29, 2009, 10:19:42 PM »

oooooooooooooo sorry, Muffy.  Didn't see this post of yours until I had already hit post on that longgg reply.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1147 on: September 29, 2009, 10:21:42 PM »

oooooooooooooo sorry, Muffy.  Didn't see this post of yours until I had already hit post on that longgg reply.   

I kind of figured that out, Wyks    But I left the note so that the next monkey that came along hopefully wouldn't quote it and then add more discussion.  You know monkeys....

my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1148 on: September 29, 2009, 10:22:41 PM »

And her mood is exotic 

It says that the myspace was made 9/28...that was yesterday? I think that someone else made this not Misty but it is interesting to read and when she gets word of it she may just post there...we should keep an eye on it while we can because she may report it and it may be removed.....it would be nice if she would talk to us there....
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1149 on: September 29, 2009, 10:23:52 PM »

I don't think any of us know how we would react in the same situation that Ron found himself in.

People react differently in times of fear, and I think that his reaction was from fear.
Misty sounds drugged to me....as if her Xanex hasn't worn off.

In short....no, it doesn't sound rehearsed to me.

I keep going back and forth on this 911 call.  I think Ron's reaction may well have been very real.  As you say, who knows how anyone responds in a situation as awful as this was.  For myself, I find that in times of emergency, I usually react very cooly and unemotionally ... and then fall totally apart afterward!!!

As to Misty, I've come to think that maybe what sounds like "panic" in her voice may well have been just her reaction to the way Ron was reacting.  He was flying off the handle, punching walls, threatening to kill the abductors, etc., etc.  Each time I listen, I am trying to decipher whether she's upset about him or about Haleigh being missing.  What do you think?

agree with both of ya....I think that Misty was more afraid of what was going to do to her than about Haleigh being missing...jmo

crimedontpay
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1150 on: September 29, 2009, 10:26:24 PM »

As the conversation and events are a bit slow tonight, I hope y'all don't mind my asking how many of these cases you've sifted through here on SM and whether you were shocked/vindicated when an arrest was made.

I'm pretty new here and only discovered this forum because I'd been sort of vaguely followed this case.  Haleigh was abducted on my wedding anniversary or in the early morning hours the next day and I remember thinking how screwed things here in Florida seemed to be ... we've had more than our share of these babies and teens being abducted/murdered.  So, I kind of hit on this forum when the lie detector news broke and a websearch turned up this site. 

But it appears from shear number of posts that many of you have been here a long time.  So I'm just curious whether you've solved cases prior to LE or discovered facts that LE then had to consider or how it's all gone?  Is there a feeling of satisfaction when things get resolved ... or just sadness that they usually end up being very sad stories?

Good questions, crimedontpay.  I can only give my views/experiences, of course.  I've followed several cases in forums, and Stacy Peterson's case is the first one I started actually trying to help with.  I rarely post anywhere else now, except for here.  Cuz I do believe that Scared Monkeys has the best researchers, the best gathering of minds, the best opinion sharers, the ones with the most integrity, compassion, etc.  Even tho we do have our moments, it seems to me our hearts are in the right place.  Plus we have the best mods and treatment from them, and between members, in any forum anywhere! 

Sat thru NG and the whole Trenton Duckett case.  Sandra Cantu's case.  And of course, Caylee Anthony's.  Still here for Haleigh, as well as Lindsey Baum, Hassani Campbell, Adji Desir, Jaycee Dugard and other cases.   There are times when it gets sooooo sad, that it's overwhelming.  And that's the time to take a lil break and come back to it later.   

What I've found is that no matter who the missing person is, adult or child, the cases are filled with many of the frustrations etc, found from case to case.  I cannot think of one case yet that hasn't had more than it's share of frustrations.  Perhaps in part because we online don't have access to all the info, and it's hard coming to conclusions without confirmation from LE, which they don't often do until much later on.  And definitely in part if/when there are lies and inconsistencies coming from the key players in a case. 

One thing I've learned is that in many cases, LE doesn't much appreciate "help" from others.  Whether than be from online researchers, opinion givers, even licensed professional 'Search and Rescue' teams with tracking and/or cadaver dogs.  Seems the very last ones many LE pay attention to are tips from the psychics.  There's a kind of 'macho-ism' that seems to prevail with many LE.  If they didn't think of it first, or find it themselves first, then it seems that many don't want others to "show them up".  It's happened over and over and over again, in many cases.  Whether they want to admit it or not.  And sadly, we cannot 'make' them listen to whatever we have discovered.  And don't know for sure if they even follow something up or not.

Most of the time, when there's something found out, I've personally (and know of others who do the same in other cases) email/call the info in to LE, just to make sure they know of it.  Sometimes (as in Stacy's case), LE hadn't been aware yet of some of those things.   Sometimes (not often tho) they aren't very grateful for those tips, (even tho they ask for them), because of the 'macho-ism', my guess.  But most often, even if reluctantly, they've taken the tips and searched the area in question, or went with the info in some way.  Some cases have been solved on tips being given.

In the Stacy Peterson case, (she's the 4th wife of a police officer, whose 3rd wife was murdered, yeah that one), there was just as much turmoil and frustration as this case is.  Yet very satisfying to see the husband arrested, and doing the perp walk in handcuffs.  There's just something inside that clicks, knowing that we online researchers did the best we could, and finally FINALLY get to see some justice brought for the missing and or murdered one.  Kind of makes all the turmoil and frustration verrrrrrrry well worth it. 

Some say.. well what can you do online, in a case, to actually help LE solve a case.  And there's plenty, we're the extra eyes and ears for LE and the family.  Cuz they cannot see everything and be everywhere at once.  There have been things that online researchers have dug up and/or noticed, that LE hadn't found yet or hadn't thought of, etc.  Anyway, when a case reaches trial and moves beyond that, there comes an immense satisfaction of justice being brought for the victim.  And it feels good to know that we may have had a little hand in that, even if/when LE doesn't admit it.  lol   

Let's please go back to Haleigh's case.  I think the discussion is interesting, but we're in Haleigh's thread
.   an angelic monkey

Wyks ... even though we are a bit O/T, I think everything you've said relates to Haleigh and why we are logging in every day to see if something has finally happened.  I appreciate your post and the thoughts/emotions you've expressed.  I think you are very right about LE ... sort of if it's not our idea, it can't be a good idea .. and very macho.  But, as you say, wherever the tip comes from, most LE will begrudgingly follow up ... and who knows maybe one day the great sleuths here will under the last piece of the puzzle that finds the person responsible for Haleigh's disappearance!  Thanks!

Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1151 on: September 29, 2009, 10:33:12 PM »

Hi Magnolia,  not sure that is a real MySpace ownership.  She says she is a Oxycoton head, and Ron beats her....doesnt sound real to me.  (all true however!)

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1152 on: September 29, 2009, 10:35:01 PM »

I have a hard time believing that is her..........whoever did that page spelled encouragement properly

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1153 on: September 29, 2009, 10:36:46 PM »

I have a hard time believing that is her..........whoever did that page spelled encouragement properly

Good eye, IM.   

Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1154 on: September 29, 2009, 10:37:35 PM »

Monkey Devil!      and yet so sadly true 

crimedontpay
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1155 on: September 29, 2009, 10:39:26 PM »

.   an angelic monkey

Wyks ... even though we are a bit O/T, I think everything you've said relates to Haleigh and why we are logging in every day to see if something has finally happened.  I appreciate your post and the thoughts/emotions you've expressed.  I think you are very right about LE ... sort of if it's not our idea, it can't be a good idea .. and very macho.  But, as you say, wherever the tip comes from, most LE will begrudgingly follow up ... and who knows maybe one day the great sleuths here will under the last piece of the puzzle that finds the person responsible for Haleigh's disappearance!  Thanks!

Sorry ... self edit ... bold was supposed to be uncover ..

That's it for me this evening Monkeys!  Enjoyed the "interfacing".  Apologies for taking us off topic.  I do see the point in keeping this fairly straightforward about Haleigh.  I just had not realized that was the protocol (pretty new at this!) Nevertheless, I did appreciate your thoughtful posts in reply. So, just want to say that I'm really enjoying interacting with y'all and hope that Haleigh's disappearance is resolved ... TONIGHT ... TOMORROW ... A.S.A.P.!  Good night my Monkey friends!

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1156 on: September 29, 2009, 10:41:09 PM »

Good eye, IM.   

Not saying I'm the best in spelling either, but it's usually because I'm doing 3-4 things at once.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1157 on: September 29, 2009, 10:42:25 PM »

And her mood is exotic 

It says that the myspace was made 9/28...that was yesterday? I think that someone else made this not Misty but it is interesting to read and when she gets word of it she may just post there...we should keep an eye on it while we can because she may report it and it may be removed.....it would be nice if she would talk to us there....

That was my thought too, when I saw it. I don't think that is Misty's page.

Could be anyone impersonating her.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1158 on: September 29, 2009, 10:48:02 PM »

....and the grammer is much more proper than Misty would use.
I think it is a set up too.  Lawd, who would pose as Misty?

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1159 on: September 29, 2009, 10:51:28 PM »

I kind of figured that out, Wyks    But I left the note so that the next monkey that came along hopefully wouldn't quote it and then add more discussion.  You know monkeys....

True...         Thanks for understanding!   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.