April 24, 2024, 04:37:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #24 9/26/09 - 10/02/09  (Read 449282 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1260 on: September 30, 2009, 01:37:26 PM »

I was just looking her up since she was supposed to appear in court this morning.

I see no changes in her bond. (What are you seeing that's different?)

I also thought after court, she would probably be extradited back to Putnam County. I guess the day is still young.

Lisa Croslin can no longer bail out. Bail changed from $100,000 to $0 http://bit.ly/11jr5a

I see what you are seeing now.

I wonder why the discrepancies. Wonder which is correct.

I also see they still have her name misspelled.

Why can't at least LE pay attention to detail and get things right?!

SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1261 on: September 30, 2009, 01:40:21 PM »

I suppose that means that with her being listed as fugitive, revoked bond?  being sent back to Fla?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1262 on: September 30, 2009, 01:44:10 PM »

retraction of last night's article:

http://stephww.wordpress.com/

*sigh*

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1263 on: September 30, 2009, 01:47:56 PM »

Just guessing here..

Isn't the bond set to ensure that the person makes it to their court hearings?  Lisa's court hearing was this morning at 9a.   She didn't make bond, so she was there, am guessing. 

Perhaps the difference in info on the court website hasn't been fully updated yet?  Which may reflect why in one place it says $0 and in another, still has the old amount. 

I would think that if they are gonna extradict her, they would do that right after the hearing. 

But then again, who knows..  lol

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1264 on: September 30, 2009, 01:50:54 PM »

I was just looking her up since she was supposed to appear in court this morning.

I also thought after court, she would probably be extradited back to Putnam County. I guess the day is still young.

brandi does she have a prior record... i thought she did but i may have been assuming that since i can't find one?
and do you know if someone was personal recoged at their arraignment would it show up as $0 bail as well?
don't you need a hearing to decide if you can even be extradited to another state?
and where would she be arraigned?
was that today or will they do that in fl?

not too many questions lol... if you know any of these answers please enlighten me
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1265 on: September 30, 2009, 01:51:28 PM »

Just guessing here..

Isn't the bond set to ensure that the person makes it to their court hearings?  Lisa's court hearing was this morning at 9a.   She didn't make bond, so she was there, am guessing. 

Perhaps the difference in info on the court website hasn't been fully updated yet?  Which may reflect why in one place it says $0 and in another, still has the old amount. 

I would think that if they are gonna extradict her, they would do that right after the hearing. 

Wyks, I think you are absolutely right.

I am betting she will be in Putnam County before sundown also. (Or shortly thereafter.)

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1266 on: September 30, 2009, 01:55:44 PM »

I typed in (sorry to repeat) only the last name, I find you can glean so much more with just the last name search.

http://ccc.nashville.gov/portal/page/portal/ccc/caseSearch/caseSearchPublic/caseSearchPublicForms

Public Case Search - From Defendant Name 

Search Results

Defendant Name Date of Birth
Croslin, Angel  01-NOV-80
Croslin, Carman  10-JAN-57
Croslin, Carman   
Croslin, Christie  06-MAY-78
Croslin, Clester  17-AUG-32
Croslin, David  30-AUG-55
Croslin, David   
Croslin, Donald   
Croslin, Edna  14-OCT-52
Croslin, Edna  14-OCT-53
Croslin, Fred  13-NOV-27
Croslin, Fred  28-JUL-42
Croslin, George  09-FEB-55
Croslin, Glen  09-APR-52
Croslin, Glenn   
Croslin, Hank  03-AUG-68

Looks like the Croslin's are no strangers to the LE system in Tennessee.   I am so surprised! 

Not. 

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1267 on: September 30, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »

brandi does she have a prior record... i thought she did but i may have been assuming that since i can't find one?
and do you know if someone was personal recoged at their arraignment would it show up as $0 bail as well?
don't you need a hearing to decide if you can even be extradited to another state?

not too many questions lol... if you know any of these answers please enlighten me

Sorry, got locked out of the cage!

Yes, I found a prior record for Lisa in Tennessee. 04/25/2000

It was for assault and dated back to 2000. Disposition was: 40-35-313-judgment deferred-no conviction.

That's all I can offer.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1268 on: September 30, 2009, 02:07:30 PM »

Just guessing here..

Wyks, I think you are absolutely right.

I am betting she will be in Putnam County before sundown also. (Or shortly thereafter.)

Yeppers!  Get her cell ready Florida!   Monkey Devil!

Wonder if Misty will mosey on in today?  They could be roomies!  hehe. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1269 on: September 30, 2009, 02:09:45 PM »

It was for assault and dated back to 2000. Disposition was: 40-35-313-judgment deferred-no conviction.

That's all I can offer.

Anyone know what 'judgement deferred' means?  Doesn't sound the same as 'charges dropped'. 

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1270 on: September 30, 2009, 02:12:33 PM »

That's all I can offer.

I think she got 9 months probation on the 2000 assault charges.  She had to pay court cost of 243.00

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1271 on: September 30, 2009, 02:14:30 PM »

That's all I can offer.

Anyone know what 'judgement deferred' means?  Doesn't sound the same as 'charges dropped'. 

Generally, there are two types of deferred resolutions to criminal charges: a deferred prosecution and a deferred judgment.

In a deferred prosecution, the proceedings in a criminal case are put off for a period of time, say one year, subject to certain conditions. The typical condition is that the defendant not be charged or convicted of other crimes during this period. At the end of the time period, if all conditions have been met, the charges are dismissed. No plea of guilty or judgment of conviction is entered. If the defendant doesn't comply with the conditions of the deferred prosecution, the prosecution of the case continues and the defendant can either plead guilty or proceed to trial.

With a deferred judgment, the defendant must enter a plea of guilty. The case is continued for a period of time subject to certain conditions, usually including that the defendant not be convicted of another crime. If the defendant abides by the conditions, at the end of the time period the guilty plea is considered withdrawn and no judgment of conviction or sentence is entered. While the defendant is free to say he's never been convicted of a crime, the guilty plea could have possible future ramifications. For example, deferred judgments are counted in computing a defendant's criminal history score under the federal sentencing guidelines.

In addition, if the defendant violates the terms of a deferred judgment, the guilty plea is binding and the court will proceed to sentencing, without a trial. Obviously, from a defendant's standpoint a deferred prosecution is preferable to a deferred judgment. Prosecutors also offer it far less frequently.

You should discuss any decision on whether to take a deferred prosecution or deferred judgment with a qualified criminal defense attorney. Lawyers.com has a free service called Lawyer Locator that can help you find a lawyer in any city and state in the United States.
http://criminal.lawyers.com/Criminal-Law--Procedure-FAQ.html#3

Mudder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1272 on: September 30, 2009, 02:15:09 PM »

NG is saying Misty is back in town.

"Breaking News -- Investigators ramp up their search for missing Florida girl Haleigh Cummings while the key witness in the case, Haleigh's stepmom baby sitter Misty Croslin, is finally back in town after going AWOL! What does she know about the night Haleigh vanished from her home and will new pressure tactics from police get her to tell all? Plus, detectives follow up on a tip delivered to a newspaper, but it leads them back to square one! Nancy Grace has the latest breaking developments, 8 & 10 p.m. ET on HLN. "

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1273 on: September 30, 2009, 02:21:46 PM »

I asked google the following question:  Can a Catholic priest ever reveal what is said in confession?

http://catholicexchange.com/2008/12/04/114627/

Canon Law
Can Priests Ever Reveal What is Said in Confession
December 4th, 2008 by Cathy Caridi, J.C.L.  Print This Article ·

Click a phrase to jump to the first occurrence, or return to the search results.
Q: I know that a priest who hears confessions is forbidden to reveal their contents to others. But does that hold if someone admits in the confessional that he’s sexually molesting children? Isn’t the priest breaking the law if he fails to inform the authorities that he knows So-and-so is a child molester?  –Patrick

A: This is an extremely good question, since it pits the inviolability of the seal of confession against the need to protect innocent children. Naturally the Church wants to defend both at the same time. So what happens when a priest has to choose between the two?

Canon 983.1 tells us right up front that the sacramental seal is inviolable, and thus it is absolutely wrong for a confessor in any way to betray the penitent, for any reason whatsoever, whether by word or in any other fashion.  That seems pretty strong already, but in fact the official Latin text of this canon is even stronger: the word nefas, which is translated here as “absolutely wrong,” actually has no direct equivalent in English. The term nefas refers to something that is so wickedly sinful, so abominably execrable, that it is simply impossible to do it! No matter what word English translators may use here, it falls short of the true sense of the Latin original.

Priests are all acutely aware that the penalty for violating the seal of the confessional is excommunication (c. 1388.1), and they certainly do not take this lightly. As we saw in the January 25, 2008 and March 13, 2008 columns, there are a number of criteria that must all be in place for an excommunication to actually happen, one of which is that the perpetrator of the offense must be aware that the sanction of excommunication is attached to its commission (c. 1323 n. 2). It would be virtually impossible for a priest to claim ignorance of the penalty if he were to repeat the contents of someone’s confession.

We Catholics are generally accustomed to the notion of the absolute secrecy which confessors must observe, but it may be surprising for some to learn that anyone else who happens to hear someone confessing his sins sacramentally is also obliged to observe the secrecy of the confessional (c. 983.2). This pertains not only to an interpreter, who would naturally understand the content of the confession, but also to any person who is present in the room or who may even overhear the confession (or parts of it) accidentally. A nurse in a hospital ward, for example, might easily hear what a patient is saying to a priest in the course of making his confession in his hospital room. Or someone waiting in line for confession may inadvertently hear what the person ahead of him is telling the priest inside the confessional. All such persons are actually bound by canon law to keep what they hear to themselves. In fact, if they knowingly and willfully repeat another person’s confession, they themselves may be punished by a sanction, up to and including excommunication (c. 1388.2).

Note that canon 983 refers to “betrayal of the penitent.” In other words, there may be occasions when a priest may mention a confession which he heard, but in a way that does not reveal the identity of the person who made it. Seminary professors, for example, can provide their moral theology students with examples of concrete ethical situations that they encountered in the course of hearing confessions. So long as there is no way for the listener to infer who it was who made this particular confession, the seal of the confessional remains intact. I myself had a wonderful, elderly theology professor years ago who routinely used to repeat confessions which he had heard along the way, as a means of providing us with real examples of difficult moral situations. But we had no way of knowing whether he had heard a particular confession last week or ten years ago, at his parish or across the country during the course of some retreat he had given. The prof also removed any specifics that would otherwise have made it possible for us to identify the penitent. In this way we could benefit from his years of experience in counseling without any violation of the sacramental seal.

So what does all this mean for the priest who hears the confession of a person who admits that he intends to kill somebody, or who sexually molests children and doesn’t indicate that he will stop? Priests are faced with such difficult situations more often than we laity might think! What are they permitted to do?

Firstly, of course, a confessor can latch onto the fact that if a would-be murderer or child molester has come to confession, he presumably regrets this action and wants to amend his life. The priest can talk this through with the penitent and try to get him to see what true amendment entails. At the very least, he can explain that he cannot impart absolution if the person does not firmly intend to stop committing the sort of sin that he has confessed. Depending on the situation, he may also be able to encourage the person to turn himself in to the authorities. The priest might even offer to accompany the penitent to the police station when he does this; but in such a case he would still be forbidden to repeat the contents of the person’s confession to others. If the penitent wanted him to do so, it would be necessary for him to repeat to the priest, outside the confessional, the things which he had told him in confession. In this way the priest could discuss the penitent’s situation, yet the seal of the confessional would remain inviolate.

If the penitent is not willing to cooperate, there are sometimes situations in which priests can find ways to help the authorities without revealing the content of a person’s confession. If a penitent has indicated, for example, that he fully intends to kill or harm Person X, a priest may be able to warn the police that Person X is in danger, but without fully explaining how he obtained this information. I personally know of a case in which police received a phone call from a priest, warning them that two teenaged sisters were in danger at that very moment. The police understood that the priest was not permitted to give them more specific information, and simply located the girls, notified their parents, and made sure they were protected. It is quite likely that some horrible crime was averted by this priest’s action, yet he did not violate the sacramental seal-in fact, nobody was really sure if he had learned the information in the confessional or in a confidential conversation outside of it. Once again, such collaboration between the authorities and the clergy happens more often than we may realize.

At the same time, however, a confessor is forbidden to go to the police with specific information about a penitent which he had learned during a confession. If, for example, a person confesses that he is the serial killer who is being sought by the authorities, and the priest recognizes his identity, he cannot contact the police and reveal it. This is true even if the person indicates that he intends to commit another crime. While he may strive to lead the criminal to turn himself in, or at least to change his plans, a priest is not allowed to take this information to the police of his own accord. No matter how difficult it may be, he must keep this to himself. We can incidentally see here one more excellent reason to pray for our priests, that they be given the strength to bear such weighty burdens!

As a (very general) rule, American civil law recognizes the right of clergymen to maintain secrecy about information divulged during a confidential conversation. If, however, our laws were to change dramatically and our priests were legally obliged to report the confessions of penitents who had admitted committing certain crimes, it is impossible to imagine that the Vatican would permit them to do this. The principle of the sacramental seal is, as we can see in c. 983.1 above, so strong and so absolute that it is, unfortunately, easy to imagine a priest being obliged to violate the laws of his local jurisdiction rather than betray the trust of someone who had confessed his sins to him. We can only hope that this situation never arises in our country!

A somewhat related situation did arise, however, in 1996 in a jail in Oregon. Unknown to the priest, who was hearing the confession of an inmate at a county jail, law-enforcement officials were tape recording their conversation. They subsequently attempted to present the tape as evidence against the inmate, who was charged with murder. The Archdiocese of Portland immediately protested against this infringement on the secrecy of the confessional, and argued not only that the tape should not be used in court — which prosecutors eventually agreed to — but also that it be immediately destroyed. The Vatican itself quickly became involved in this case and urged the destruction of the recording, insisting that even if it was never to be played again, such a tape should not continue to exist, as it was “reprehensible and unacceptable.”

We can see here just how seriously the Church takes the sacramental seal, since it unhesitatingly defends the secrecy of the confession of a person who may even have committed murder! While most Catholics will never confess such heinous actions, it is important for all of us to be sure that what a penitent has confessed remains between him, his confessor, and God Himself.

Cathy Caridi, J.C.L. is a licensed canonist who practices law and teaches in the Washington, D.C. area.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1274 on: September 30, 2009, 02:30:28 PM »

That's all I can offer.

What is a deferred judgement?
As a result of a plea agreement with the prosecution, you plead guilty to one or more charges. You are placed on probation prior to sentencing and prior to any entry of conviction. If you successfully complete your probationary period your guilty plea is withdrawn and the case against you dismissed... The record shows that the charges against you were dismissed so your record remains clean. If you are alleged to violate the terms of the deferred judgment, a hearing will be held.

As a result of a plea agreement with the prosecution, you plead guilty to one or more charges. You are placed on probation prior to sentencing and prior to any entry of conviction. If you successfully complete your probationary period your guilty plea is withdrawn and the case against you dismissed... The record shows that the charges against you were dismissed so your record remains clean. If you are alleged to violate the terms of the deferred judgment, a hearing will be held.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_deferred_judgement

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1275 on: September 30, 2009, 02:38:52 PM »

*sigh*

Why am I not surprised....this case has aged me more than any of the players....ugh, sigh, ugh.

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1276 on: September 30, 2009, 02:41:57 PM »

has anyone heard anything interesting on the scanner today, i'm at work so i cant really listen to it!
MomofaMarine
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1277 on: September 30, 2009, 02:42:07 PM »

Clearing up confusion about Lisa's bail http://bit.ly/ZQSK4

Semper-Fi
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1278 on: September 30, 2009, 02:44:59 PM »

*sigh*

Why am I not surprised....this case has aged me more than any of the players....ugh, sigh, ugh.

I did learn a lot today about Priest....so something good came out of it for me. an angelic monkey

penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1279 on: September 30, 2009, 02:47:08 PM »

That's all I can offer.

i am flat out guessing but it could be like a suspended sentence... like a judgement with stipulations which ends up as charges dropped... like you are ordered to pay bankof america 1k before 10/20 if youdo then no judgement against you or if not then bank o a gets a judgement against you for the 1k ... like i said just guessing...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.