April 19, 2024, 07:25:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #24 9/26/09 - 10/02/09  (Read 449061 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1580 on: October 01, 2009, 11:37:47 AM »

morning all..

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1581 on: October 01, 2009, 11:40:08 AM »

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5343082.php   

Neal Boortz
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Haleigh Cummings Update: Lisa Croslin Extradition

Santa Fe College Partially Locked Down Earlier, All Clear Now 

Posted: Thursday, 01 October 2009 11:34AM

TJ Hart to Step Aside from Nancy Grace Show Coverage of Haleigh Cummings

by TJ Hart

I informed the producers of the Nancy Grace Show this morning that I will be stepping aside from the national coverage of the Haleigh Cummings disappearance is Satsuma, FL. I have elected instead to spend more time on the local aspect of the story.

The members of the Nancy Grace Show staff have been kind and generous in allowing me to participate as a contributing reporter in their coverage of this tragedy.

I explained to one of the producers by phone this morning that the national coverage and the local stories we report appear to differ a bit at times. I explained to her that this is a concern to a news director of a local radio station.

She was very gracious in listening to me and my reasons for deciding to step aside on this story. I appreciated that. 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1582 on: October 01, 2009, 11:44:56 AM »

ME too, because I detect sarcasm in it, and I was born and raised in the south and my kids say ms Beth etc., but I don't address people my age or even slightly older that way. If I called someone close to my age or just a bit older that way, they would take it as sarcasm.......just my 2c.

That's how I feel too, IM. 

I wasn't raised in the south, yet was taught to have respect 'for my elders' (emphasis on the word elder), as I bet many of us were.  I was taught to call friends of my parents, for example, Mr. or Mrs. __.  The weird thing is that as I got older I still think of/refer to most of them as Mr. or Mrs. __.  It gets ingrained.  lol 

Having said that, I do understand why Ron would say Miz Nancy.  When he said that the first time I thought, 'how nice, he is showing her some respect', and I liked that about him.  And then he went on to say it again, not sure 'how many' times in that one interview he said that to her.  And I was like, wth?  Cuz even when I've talked with older folks, and said Mr. or Mrs. __, typically it's only once, as during the greeting or asking a question.  Never have I ever started out nearly every sentence of a conversation with that.  Too much of it and it DOES sound more like sarcasm than respect.  IMO.

But with TN saying Miz Nancy?     Ron is no pre-schooler that mama needs to take by the hand and teach respect with leading by example.  Time for that was like.. 20+ years ago.  Which evidently she did -- back then -- for him to be doing that today.  But I've always heard the Mizzz ___ (insert first or last name) from those in the South, even as adults, as being respectful toward one's elders.   Nancy is not older than TN.  So coming from TN to Nancy, it does sound more like sarcasm than respect.  IMO. 

Perhaps it's not meant by either Ron or TN to be sarcastic tho.  Perhaps it's just overkill on both of their parts to show the world that they do have manners.  Seems that a PR agent got ahold of Ron, trying to clean his act up by presenting him in a suit and tie, lol.  The Mizzzz Nancy could be part of that too. 

But we ain't fooled.   Monkey Devil!

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
maureen
Scared Monkey

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Mo

« Reply #1583 on: October 01, 2009, 11:45:34 AM »

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5343082.php   

Neal Boortz
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Haleigh Cummings Update: Lisa Croslin Extradition

Santa Fe College Partially Locked Down Earlier, All Clear Now 

Posted: Thursday, 01 October 2009 11:34AM

TJ Hart to Step Aside from Nancy Grace Show Coverage of Haleigh Cummings

by TJ Hart

I informed the producers of the Nancy Grace Show this morning that I will be stepping aside from the national coverage of the Haleigh Cummings disappearance is Satsuma, FL. I have elected instead to spend more time on the local aspect of the story.

The members of the Nancy Grace Show staff have been kind and generous in allowing me to participate as a contributing reporter in their coverage of this tragedy.

I explained to one of the producers by phone this morning that the national coverage and the local stories we report appear to differ a bit at times. I explained to her that this is a concern to a news director of a local radio station.

She was very gracious in listening to me and my reasons for deciding to step aside on this story. I appreciated that. 

that's probably a good move on Hart's part, besides he gets bumped quite a bit from the program and his info rarely match the bombshell headlines, so I can understand why he's made this decision.

"if I had a minute for every hour that I've wasted I'd be rich in time" JJ
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1584 on: October 01, 2009, 11:55:32 AM »

I think that is a good move on Hart's part also, the sensationalism on some of these cases is bad. I use to like Miz Nancy years and years ago, but now she is doing just sensational news on crime. I really wish Greta would do crime again, you can even tell she doesn't like doing the politics, but she probably doesn't have a choice.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1585 on: October 01, 2009, 12:02:14 PM »

TJ puts that so delicately.      Yet kindly. 

It's kind of hard to believe the conversation with the producers of NGs show actually went like this?  "I explained to one of the producers by phone this morning that the national coverage and the local stories we report appear to differ a bit at times."...

IMO, TJ probably ripped em a new one!  And I wouldn't blame him a bit!  Seems that he did not want, would not continue, to mislead/misrepresent the headlines, in the ways that the NG show tends to do.  And as Maureen said, could be why he was bumped so often.  IMO, he either stepped aside or was axed by them for not getting in line with the direction the show takes.  I kind of doubt that NGs producers leave any room for negotiating. 

IMO. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1586 on: October 01, 2009, 12:02:37 PM »

"T" appeared to be stoned or on meds, feeling no pain, maybe, two sheet to the wind. IMO.

N.G. should halt that bunk of Miss Nancy, she is an educated woman and T.N. demeans her with the Miss Nancy, it is not polite

it is degrading, it sounds like Grace should have a kerchief and a feather duster, and that isn't the case, she is accomplished

attorney, writer and TV host. I don't stick up for NG often,Grace should correct her.
I don't like that Miz Nancy bs either, it is ridiculous, and I would ask her not to call me that 

This is totally O/T but here goes...I am originally from Mich. When I moved here, I was amazed at how many kids around here use that phrase "Miss whatever'.  I personally find it annoying, but not as annoying as a neighbour I had that insisted on her kids calling me that. I spent many days explaining to her it made me feel uncomfortable, she finally negotiated, but with the understanding that her kids would not call me by my first name, they were to refer to me as 'Auntie' or 'Aunt', which to me was even worse.

Glad to say as sweet as those kids were (all 6 and ll boys), I no longer live beside them. 

Good Morning everyone. an angelic monkey

I guess I will be O/T here too, but down south to call an adult by a child Miss... is really a form of respect. When I was a child, we would never call an adult Miss Nancy, it would be Miss Grace. It just seems odd that this would be annoying to you. They were paying you a compliment by showing you respect. What did you want them to call you? I am confused.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1587 on: October 01, 2009, 12:05:54 PM »

I think that is a good move on Hart's part also, the sensationalism on some of these cases is bad. I use to like Miz Nancy years and years ago, but now she is doing just sensational news on crime. I really wish Greta would do crime again, you can even tell she doesn't like doing the politics, but she probably doesn't have a choice.

I liked Greta much better when she was covering crime cases too...I hardly ever watch her anymore...
Nancy I could take or leave, mostly leave anymore...it is all bombshell ! Not! and then repeat repeat repeat...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1588 on: October 01, 2009, 12:07:09 PM »

Fanny, when I was a child we had to say Mrs or Mr to an adult, I guess what I'm trying to say is it the condescending tone that I can't stand. I wish more people had manners, it is all in the tone for me.
maureen
Scared Monkey

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Mo

« Reply #1589 on: October 01, 2009, 12:08:46 PM »

I love Greta too and I think so enjoys reporting on the political front, I watch her always. Greta will report on Haleigh if and when there is a resolution in this case but she will not be involved in the rumor reporting that is going on now, imo. She has been a valuable reporter for Natalee.

"if I had a minute for every hour that I've wasted I'd be rich in time" JJ
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1590 on: October 01, 2009, 12:09:54 PM »

I liked Greta much better when she was covering crime cases too...I hardly ever watch her anymore...
Nancy I could take or leave, mostly leave anymore...it is all bombshell ! Not! and then repeat repeat repeat...
At least Greta makes sense and gets facts straight, but Nancy and JVM don't, it is all in the ratings. Of course Greta wants ratings also, I just preferred her panel and her ways of communicating better. You can just see how Greta doesn't like doing politics, and I don't understand why she is doing politics, that is all that is on Fox, so why not have some variety? 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1591 on: October 01, 2009, 12:19:22 PM »

Fanny, when I was a child we had to say Mrs or Mr to an adult, I guess what I'm trying to say is it the condescending tone that I can't stand. I wish more people had manners, it is all in the tone for me.

I agree, and I see what you mean about the sarcasm. And I almost went into a dead faint the first time a bag boy said "yes Ma'am" to me, and I was a young mother in my 20's. I went home and cried.  Monkey Devil!

I do agree the way TN and Ron say it, is is condescending and sarcastic, and they are trying to "put on airs" as we would say down south.

I can guarantee my grown children would probably not do it to you, as they are probably close to your age, but with anyone my age, they would for sure say "Ma'am and Sir," and would mean nothing but respect.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1592 on: October 01, 2009, 12:22:06 PM »

At least Greta makes sense and gets facts straight, but Nancy and JVM don't, it is all in the ratings. Of course Greta wants ratings also, I just preferred her panel and her ways of communicating better. You can just see how Greta doesn't like doing politics, and I don't understand why she is doing politics, that is all that is on Fox, so why not have some variety? 

I think Nancy is exploiting Haleigh's family for ratings.  The family is a circus.  Can't help but stare at them with
mouth agape.
Nancy knows that part of what she is reporting isn't true and yet she runs with it. 
I don't think that TN and Ron appear on Nancy's show to try to help find Haleigh, but rather for their own 15 minutes of fame.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1593 on: October 01, 2009, 12:32:52 PM »

Hello Monkeys, just checking around for any news.....I see we havent heard anything new yet, and yes,,,I say mame and mizz to people older then me,,,,dont remember why, must be because My Mother beat it into me from my first day on earth, just like I did my 2 children, but when we say it, it is with respect.....and thats how we use it, with respect......not to be snippy or with a attitude because then we would get smacked again...lol.....anyway...one can tell if it is being used correctly just be the sound of the person saying it.....IMO

http://radionewz.net/?p=1739&cpage=1#comment-467

This blog cracks me up....like commedy central with the real news breaks thrown in as advertisments....lol

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1594 on: October 01, 2009, 12:52:58 PM »

Hello Monkeys, just checking around for any news.....I see we havent heard anything new yet, and yes,,,I say mame and mizz to people older then me,,,,dont remember why, must be because My Mother beat it into me from my first day on earth, just like I did my 2 children, but when we say it, it is with respect.....and thats how we use it, with respect......not to be snippy or with a attitude because then we would get smacked again...lol.....anyway...one can tell if it is being used correctly just be the sound of the person saying it.....IMO

This blog cracks me up....like commedy central with the real news breaks thrown in as advertisments....lol

That's funny as chit............I don't know who is doing the Gunny tweets, but they constantly make me LMAO

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1595 on: October 01, 2009, 01:15:20 PM »

Good morning monkeys!!! (checking clock...yep! still morning)
FINALLY caught up on all these posts! whew, busy monkeys!

I dont know how they do it! I for one would be a nervous wreck if i knew what happend to or was involved in the fate of a beautiful child! i couldnt be all vacationing and what not, id be one of those skitzo paranoid peeps thinking there ppl in clouds watchign me! so what gives, she is quite a bit younger than me, an all these players are holding this in, be it knowledge or guilt. WHY?!?!?! just get it over, spill it, come clean.... you will feel better!!!!

Hoping some one some where finds this beautiful child or  an angelic monkey ASAP!

She doesnt deserve this circus of a disaster!

Come home baby girl!
sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1596 on: October 01, 2009, 01:18:10 PM »

On the subject of Ron and others calling Nancy Grace "Miz Nancy" - I agree that it's very annoying, and I also agree with those who say it's a "southern thing." Let me suggest one other possibility. I have worked in juvenile facilities for the better part of the past 25 years, and a commonly accepted greeting for staff is "Miss Robin" or "Mr. S." or something similar.

There was a restraint not long ago where I work. "Catrina" went off over some real or imagined insult, and the restraint was evidently pretty intense. But at one point during the fracas, she turned to one of the ladies holding her down and sweetly said, "Miss Susie, you better be careful." Miss Susie asked her why and she said, "'cause when I get up from here I'M GONNA SLIT YOUR F'N THROAT!!!"

I wonder if a few of the characters in this tangled mess have spent some time in a juvenile facility at one time or another...

-Sailcat

"Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm."
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1597 on: October 01, 2009, 01:31:16 PM »

I always enjoy reading there 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1598 on: October 01, 2009, 01:43:48 PM »

On the subject of Ron and others calling Nancy Grace "Miz Nancy" - I agree that it's very annoying, and I also agree with those who say it's a "southern thing." Let me suggest one other possibility. I have worked in juvenile facilities for the better part of the past 25 years, and a commonly accepted greeting for staff is "Miss Robin" or "Mr. S." or something similar.

There was a restraint not long ago where I work. "Catrina" went off over some real or imagined insult, and the restraint was evidently pretty intense. But at one point during the fracas, she turned to one of the ladies holding her down and sweetly said, "Miss Susie, you better be careful." Miss Susie asked her why and she said, "'cause when I get up from here I'M GONNA SLIT YOUR F'N THROAT!!!"

I wonder if a few of the characters in this tangled mess have spent some time in a juvenile facility at one time or another...

-Sailcat

WELCOME SAILCAT  WELCOME SAILCAT WELCOME SAILCAT WELCOME SAILCAT WELCOME SAILCAT WELCOME SAILCAT

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1599 on: October 01, 2009, 02:00:18 PM »

....TJ says he will be joining HLN prime news tonight at 5pm and tell what he knows......GOOD.

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.