April 26, 2024, 02:42:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #24 9/26/09 - 10/02/09  (Read 449369 times)
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #600 on: September 28, 2009, 12:41:11 AM »

Thanks, Brandi!  I think it is too.  I can make out a few of the words.  If I could get a larger copy, I'd like to try again.  It's definitely not a ghost image from folding the paper.  That's why I was hoping someone could find me the link to the letter itself.  I have searched and searched, but apparently I'm missing it.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: September 28, 2009, 12:43:22 AM »

BB in a bit-have some research to do.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: September 28, 2009, 12:46:07 AM »

Having trouble locating a link to Naynay's letter to her mom?  Hate to ask, but can anyone help me?  TIA!

Not sure where I got the letter, but I saved it to my hard drive. I also have copies in photobucket if you want me to post for you.

I could only find this link: http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5310533.php

Seems he is only offering page1 of 2 of the letter to Nay Nay's mother.

Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #603 on: September 28, 2009, 12:46:18 AM »

O/T:  Don't want to be part of perpetrating a stereotype, so if you're interested in Appalachia, please read the informative book Mist Over The Mountains:  Appalachia and It's People.  It's a concise and accurate children's info book for anyone short on time.  Just wanted to point out that our monkeys hail from various locales and, as such, please be sensitive to throwing around stereotypes.  I've seen quite a few in this thread and have known a lot of people with chickens in their yards, missing teeth, and looking dirt-poor, living backwoods and I'm related to some of the same.  Until you've lived there, you just don't know.  Just saying.  Thank you!

Mods:  Please remove if inappropriate.  I'm sorry if it is.  Thank you!

Thanks for the info, ISpy. I can't for the life of me see how that region is responsible for a child being missing in Florida. I will look for the book as it sounds insightful and interesting. You always know the good stuff!

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #604 on: September 28, 2009, 12:46:31 AM »

I viewed closely and read BOTH letters from, "Nay-Nay."
I just wanted to say how sad it is that these young
minds are going to waste....

Too bad the caseworkers in Fl. have not seen a need and
offered a mentor, free education for High School diplomas,
parenting skills and life skills of some type.

Nay, Nay, Misty, Crystal, their Mom's, Grandparents will
all stroll through life and NEVER know that there is MORE,
if you try and receive encouragement to be all that you can be.
Having babies, partying, depending on the state for food assistance and $$, and depending on a male to "take care of you,"
is a cycle that needs to be broken.

Abuse cycles can be broken. Is the state of Fl. failing these children by NOT doing SOMETHING
to offer direction to these families,  and SHOW them HOW to be more productive in society,  more self sufficient financially, and to encourage solid parenting skills.

Sad to say, but......I bet Misty, Crystal and Nay Nay are all products of their environments. I also bet that their Mom's are carbon copies of them.
How many children will society lose to IGNORANCE, under achievement, and an influence I see as, "Appalachian."

Being a first generation American, I know how hard my parents struggled to get every piece of the American dream they imagined.
Learning English, getting naturalized, then moving on to a higher education. They instilled in us children to accomplish more than they did, and expected us to see that each generation did likewise.

Thank you for this thoughtful and compassionate post, Princess. Really touched my heart. Your statements regarding the multi-generational destructive rut these players are in seems so on target, IMHO. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could find a way to mentor some of these girls/young women - help them to finish their education & strive for a better life. I for one would surely volunteer to do whatever I could to help with such a program. This little girl and her community has really really affected me and tugged at my heart.

By the way - nice to 'meet' you, Lake Erie Princess!
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #605 on: September 28, 2009, 12:46:40 AM »

O/T:  Don't want to be part of perpetrating a stereotype, so if you're interested in Appalachia, please read the informative book Mist Over The Mountains:  Appalachia and It's People.  It's a concise and accurate children's info book for anyone short on time.  Just wanted to point out that our monkeys hail from various locales and, as such, please be sensitive to throwing around stereotypes.  I've seen quite a few in this thread and have known a lot of people with chickens in their yards, missing teeth, and looking dirt-poor, living backwoods and I'm related to some of the same.  Until you've lived there, you just don't know.  Just saying.  Thank you!

Thanks Ispy for that info. I am in the southern US. I do not know much about the Appalachian other than what my son studied last year when they were learning about the first explorers and Indians. Sounds like an interesting read. Thanks. an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: September 28, 2009, 12:48:22 AM »

My apologies if this is too big.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #607 on: September 28, 2009, 12:52:51 AM »

Thank you, I Spy.
Many people who move to Florida, who are not retiring there, have had problems in other states and
move to Florida as sort of a last jumping off place.  Certain types tend to congregate in an area of
the state where they feel they can fit in.
I think Misty and the Croslins moved to Florida from Michigan....not Appalacia at all.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #608 on: September 28, 2009, 12:53:41 AM »

Oh dear. I didn't even see the word "Appalachian" in Princess' post. I only saw the kind words & thoughts. Big sigh.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #609 on: September 28, 2009, 12:55:01 AM »

Thank you, I Spy.
Many people who move to Florida, who are not retiring there, have had problems in other states and
move to Florida as sort of a last jumping off place.  Certain types tend to congregate in an area of
I think Misty and the Croslins moved to Florida from Michigan....not Appalacia at all.

I'm from Michigan, do we know where abouts she came from? I could tell you about the town if it is near me.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: September 28, 2009, 12:57:10 AM »

Thank you, I Spy.

I'm from Michigan, do we know where abouts she came from? I could tell you about the town if it is near me.

Yes, they are originally from Michigan. I have never seen a city mentioned though.

Notes from Feb. 2009:
Misty is originally from Michigan. She has lived in Florida for about seven years. Croslin has lived in various parts of the state, including Daytona, where she lived with her brother. - She has lived in Putnam County off and on for about a year.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #611 on: September 28, 2009, 01:01:13 AM »

Thanks for the info, ISpy. I can't for the life of me see how that region is responsible for a child being missing in Florida. I will look for the book as it sounds insightful and interesting. You always know the good stuff!

From the heart of Appalachia, I thank you I Spy and encourage reading the recommended book...Mere from Kentucky

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #612 on: September 28, 2009, 01:02:36 AM »

Oh dear. I didn't even see the word "Appalachian" in Princess' post. I only saw the kind words & thoughts. Big sigh.

Tams, you have such a big heart.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: September 28, 2009, 01:03:12 AM »

Thank you, I Spy.

Yes, they are originally from Michigan. I have never seen a city mentioned though.

Notes from Feb. 2009:
Misty is originally from Michigan. She has lived in Florida for about seven years. Croslin has lived in various parts of the state, including Daytona, where she lived with her brother. - She has lived in Putnam County off and on for about a year.

wow, records are kept for a long time. LOL

I found both Lisa and Hank T Croslin in Merrill, MI:
LISA C CROSLIN 
11255 MERIDIAN RD    Record Created: 07/2001
MERRILL, MI  48637

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #614 on: September 28, 2009, 01:03:15 AM »

Night monkeys   

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: September 28, 2009, 01:03:54 AM »

Night monkeys   

Good night Boo and Griffin!

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #616 on: September 28, 2009, 01:05:27 AM »

Thank you, I Spy.

Notes from Feb. 2009:

wow, records are kept for a long time. LOL

I found both Lisa and Hank T Croslin in Merrill, MI:
LISA C CROSLIN 
11255 MERIDIAN RD    Record Created: 07/2001
MERRILL, MI  48637

Meh, it's west of Saginaw, which means I don't know the area at all. Sorry, looks kinda out in the country to me. Not many streets.

Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #617 on: September 28, 2009, 01:27:58 AM »

I viewed closely and read BOTH letters from, "Nay-Nay."
I just wanted to say how sad it is that these young
minds are going to waste....

Too bad the caseworkers in Fl. have not seen a need and
offered a mentor, free education for High School diplomas,
parenting skills and life skills of some type.

Nay, Nay, Misty, Crystal, their Mom's, Grandparents will
all stroll through life and NEVER know that there is MORE,
if you try and receive encouragement to be all that you can be.
Having babies, partying, depending on the state for food assistance and $$, and depending on a male to "take care of you,"
is a cycle that needs to be broken.

Abuse cycles can be broken. Is the state of Fl. failing these children by NOT doing SOMETHING
to offer direction to these families,  and SHOW them HOW to be more productive in society,  more self sufficient financially, and to encourage solid parenting skills.

Sad to say, but......I bet Misty, Crystal and Nay Nay are all products of their environments. I also bet that their Mom's are carbon copies of them.
How many children will society lose to IGNORANCE, under achievement, and an influence I see as, "Appalachian."

Being a first generation American, I know how hard my parents struggled to get every piece of the American dream they imagined.
Learning English, getting naturalized, then moving on to a higher education. They instilled in us children to accomplish more than they did, and expected us to see that each generation did likewise.

I am afraid I don't understand what you mean by the influence you see as "Appalachian." Could you elaborate?
The Appalachian Mts. are where Feed the Children go and take food, meds, etc.
I mean deep in the "hollers" of the hills.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #618 on: September 28, 2009, 01:30:32 AM »

It is 1 30 am in OHIO. I am off to catch some zzz's.
I am hoping Haleigh will be located this week. Poor baby.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: September 28, 2009, 01:36:41 AM »

It is 1 30 am in OHIO. I am off to catch some zzz's.
I am hoping Haleigh will be located this week. Poor baby.

Good night, LEP. Sleep well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.