March 28, 2024, 04:25:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #24 9/26/09 - 10/02/09  (Read 448287 times)
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #620 on: September 28, 2009, 02:04:09 AM »

Having trouble locating a link to Naynay's letter to her mom?  Hate to ask, but can anyone help me?  TIA!

Not sure where I got the letter, but I saved it to my hard drive. I also have copies in photobucket if you want me to post for you.

I could only find this link: http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5310533.php

Seems he is only offering page1 of 2 of the letter to Nay Nay's mother.

Thanks, Brandi!  I bookmarked the link.  I'm going to try looking at it more closely later this morning...way too tired here.  Staying up with a family member who's taking a new pain med-long wait until the second dose.  On the bright side, did get my research done though!  Hope you have a good morning!

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #621 on: September 28, 2009, 02:08:49 AM »

O/T:  Don't want to be part of perpetrating a stereotype, so if you're interested in Appalachia, please read the informative book Mist Over The Mountains:  Appalachia and It's People.  It's a concise and accurate children's info book for anyone short on time.  Just wanted to point out that our monkeys hail from various locales and, as such, please be sensitive to throwing around stereotypes.  I've seen quite a few in this thread and have known a lot of people with chickens in their yards, missing teeth, and looking dirt-poor, living backwoods and I'm related to some of the same.  Until you've lived there, you just don't know.  Just saying.  Thank you!

Mods:  Please remove if inappropriate.  I'm sorry if it is.  Thank you!

Thanks for the info, ISpy. I can't for the life of me see how that region is responsible for a child being missing in Florida. I will look for the book as it sounds insightful and interesting. You always know the good stuff!

Your welcome Blumonkey.  Just hate to see an entire region of people under the gun, so to speak.  As a children's book, it's a short read.  I'm sure there's much more in-depth non-fiction books with socio-economic/cultural info in the adult section of any library.  It's a beautiful region, with many honorable people who have a work ethic and loyalty nearly unheard of elsewhere.  Hope you & yours have a good morning!

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #622 on: September 28, 2009, 02:21:18 AM »

O/T:  Don't want to be part of perpetrating a stereotype, so if you're interested in Appalachia, please read the informative book Mist Over The Mountains:  Appalachia and It's People.  It's a concise and accurate children's info book for anyone short on time.  Just wanted to point out that our monkeys hail from various locales and, as such, please be sensitive to throwing around stereotypes.  I've seen quite a few in this thread and have known a lot of people with chickens in their yards, missing teeth, and looking dirt-poor, living backwoods and I'm related to some of the same.  Until you've lived there, you just don't know.  Just saying.  Thank you!

Thanks for the info, ISpy. I can't for the life of me see how that region is responsible for a child being missing in Florida. I will look for the book as it sounds insightful and interesting. You always know the good stuff!

From the heart of Appalachia, I thank you I Spy and encourage reading the recommended book...Mere from Kentucky

Mere- If you live in Appalachia, you're in one of the most beautiful regions in the world.  Spent some time in Kentucky that changed my life and made me really appreciate what I have (so many things I take for granted every day).  I admired the courage of the people I met there and found most of them loved their families the same way I do.  Many of them worked long and hard to put food on the table and clothes on the family's backs.  Lots of incredibly gifted people there too.  Glad to have you here.  Take good care!

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #623 on: September 28, 2009, 02:22:34 AM »

Well, need to scoot.  As always, thanks for all of the updates on Haleigh and for your patience.  Hope you all have a good morning!  Take care!

Forecast for the Day:
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #624 on: September 28, 2009, 03:14:27 AM »

Oh dear. I didn't even see the word "Appalachian" in Princess' post. I only saw the kind words & thoughts. Big sigh.

Tams, you have such a big heart.

Thank you, my dear Blu.   
I try to live my live by the mantra that kindness is always the right answer. I surely do struggle with that sometimes in this crazy world!

Nice to 'meet' you, Blu.
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #625 on: September 28, 2009, 03:14:45 AM »

I viewed closely and read BOTH letters from, "Nay-Nay."
I just wanted to say how sad it is that these young
minds are going to waste....

Too bad the caseworkers in Fl. have not seen a need and
offered a mentor, free education for High School diplomas,
parenting skills and life skills of some type.

Nay, Nay, Misty, Crystal, their Mom's, Grandparents will
all stroll through life and NEVER know that there is MORE,
if you try and receive encouragement to be all that you can be.
Having babies, partying, depending on the state for food assistance and $$, and depending on a male to "take care of you,"
is a cycle that needs to be broken.

Abuse cycles can be broken. Is the state of Fl. failing these children by NOT doing SOMETHING
to offer direction to these families,  and SHOW them HOW to be more productive in society,  more self sufficient financially, and to encourage solid parenting skills.

Sad to say, but......I bet Misty, Crystal and Nay Nay are all products of their environments. I also bet that their Mom's are carbon copies of them.
How many children will society lose to IGNORANCE, under achievement, and an influence I see as, "Appalachian."

Being a first generation American, I know how hard my parents struggled to get every piece of the American dream they imagined.
Learning English, getting naturalized, then moving on to a higher education. They instilled in us children to accomplish more than they did, and expected us to see that each generation did likewise.

You stole the words right out of my mouth! This case is so sad because all these young people had potential, but instead they're much content with being baby mamas and welfare queens.

Honestly if Haleigh is found I hope she's removed out of this enviorment. She deserves a chance to be something more than a drugged out loser by age 15.
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #626 on: September 28, 2009, 03:17:36 AM »

Are we sure it's written in pencil ?  Looking at that, it reminds me of when my granddaughter gets several pieces of paper from my printer and uses a marker to write - and the marker bleeds through slightly to the next page.  I dunno ... that's just what it reminded me of.

Hi Bud's Girl -
If I remember correctly, inmates are not allowed to have pens in the pokey because they can be taken apart and used for nefarious purposes (drugs etc.) - someone please correct me if I am wrong. To me, though, a sharp pencil tip could cause a lot of damage to oneself or others! Who knows? 

It's amazing what people want to try to send to inmates, though. I work for a large book chain; we are one of the last who will even do prison mailouts - and we are constantly amazed by what is requested of us. Goodness.

yeah that's true... I guess druggies might sniff markers. 

But would be mighty small beans to a meth head or even a xanax user ... sittin in the prison TV room, sniffing markers together   

Hello again -
I believe it may have more to do with the little tube inside of a ball point pen with regards to drug use; also, the ink being used for jailhouse tats (do they do those on the sly? don't know how that works). All too creepy for me.

By the way - do you ride a cool machine like the one in your avi picture? Too fun!

Hey Tams - sorry I didn't answer this earlier.  I forgot to sign out & just now caught up reading. 

I see where others including Wyks say they're only allowed little pencils.  Amazing what you hear that inmates use to do stuff with.

I'm old, lol  but my husband does still have a Harley, has always loved them since we were young.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #627 on: September 28, 2009, 03:23:25 AM »

From the heart of Appalachia, I thank you I Spy and encourage reading the recommended book...Mere from Kentucky

Mere- If you live in Appalachia, you're in one of the most beautiful regions in the world.  Spent some time in Kentucky that changed my life and made me really appreciate what I have (so many things I take for granted every day).  I admired the courage of the people I met there and found most of them loved their families the same way I do.  Many of them worked long and hard to put food on the table and clothes on the family's backs.  Lots of incredibly gifted people there too.  Glad to have you here.  Take good care!

O/T also - but just wanted to join in real quick -
Another fantastic book (bestseller for many years) also details the beauty and splendor of the Appalachians - 'A Walk In The Woods' by Bill Bryson. Great author with a wonderful sense of humor, detailing his adventurous undertaking trying to walk the entire Appalachian trail. If you haven't read it yet, you'll love it - one of my favorite books as well as favorite authors!

Sorry for the O/T . . . 'night monkey friends. May tomorrow (today?!?) bring good news about Haleigh.
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #628 on: September 28, 2009, 03:29:14 AM »

I viewed closely and read BOTH letters from, "Nay-Nay."
I just wanted to say how sad it is that these young
minds are going to waste....

Too bad the caseworkers in Fl. have not seen a need and
offered a mentor, free education for High School diplomas,
parenting skills and life skills of some type.

Nay, Nay, Misty, Crystal, their Mom's, Grandparents will
all stroll through life and NEVER know that there is MORE,
if you try and receive encouragement to be all that you can be.
Having babies, partying, depending on the state for food assistance and $$, and depending on a male to "take care of you,"
is a cycle that needs to be broken.

Abuse cycles can be broken. Is the state of Fl. failing these children by NOT doing SOMETHING
to offer direction to these families,  and SHOW them HOW to be more productive in society,  more self sufficient financially, and to encourage solid parenting skills.

Sad to say, but......I bet Misty, Crystal and Nay Nay are all products of their environments. I also bet that their Mom's are carbon copies of them.
How many children will society lose to IGNORANCE, under achievement, and an influence I see as, "Appalachian."

Being a first generation American, I know how hard my parents struggled to get every piece of the American dream they imagined.
Learning English, getting naturalized, then moving on to a higher education. They instilled in us children to accomplish more than they did, and expected us to see that each generation did likewise.

I am afraid I don't understand what you mean by the influence you see as "Appalachian." Could you elaborate?
The Appalachian Mts. are where Feed the Children go and take food, meds, etc.
I mean deep in the "hollers" of the hills.
Oh, I know WHERE you are talking about. My question is how you tie the "influence of Applachian" in your words, to this case. Are you saying that ignorance and under achievement are qualities of that part of the country? Another Monkey said that Misty is from Michigan. That is a long way from "deep in the hollers and hills." What am I missing?

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #629 on: September 28, 2009, 03:29:22 AM »

Hey Tams - sorry I didn't answer this earlier.  I forgot to sign out & just now caught up reading. 

I see where others including Wyks say they're only allowed little pencils.  Amazing what you hear that inmates use to do stuff with.

I'm old, lol  but my husband does still have a Harley, has always loved them since we were young.

No worries - hi BG! I too am old (aren't we all LOL) - but the opportunities to ride on the back of a Harley with my arms wrapped around a big burly guy were some of the most fun times of my life! Would love love love to do it again someday. Thanks for the reply - 'see' you tomorrow, perhaps!

TTFN   salut
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: September 28, 2009, 03:32:23 AM »

I havent read back yet, I just got internet service back 1/2 hour ago...grrrrr we had another incident of a line getting severed & was out since 1PM today  this is what I looked like with technicians since this is the 4th time this year this has happened in my county.   I'm gonna go read back from where I left off & pray I see something encouraging happened today.

PS  IM, remember you had a description a few days ago about the people & area in this case?   I dont know if this was posted earlier but I caught this over at BNN & said wow that sounds like something IM just said the other day, am I losing my mind...nah I dont think so.   I had something quite a few months ago that I was saying here appear there as well on another case...funny I just got done making a post yesterday that its obvious media outlets read here.  I snipped the article but you can find the rest of it at the link:
http://www.bloggernews.net/

"Haleigh Cummings was the next missing child that Blogger News got involved in. Having invested seven months and who knows how many hours into this case, all I can say is, I am damn glad I am not related to any of the dysfunctional idiots that are family to these escapees from the movie Deliverance!"

Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #631 on: September 28, 2009, 03:37:55 AM »

Has this been posted & I missed it?

Is this some goofball?   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD_Lkiwg4Ao

Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #632 on: September 28, 2009, 03:40:45 AM »

This night owl is going to bed. I am praying for Divine intervention for a REAL break in this case. Today could be the day.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: September 28, 2009, 03:52:46 AM »

Is this some goofball?   

Yeah, I saw a few of these. I believe they were done by that http://writeintoaction.com/ guy. AKA Timothy Charles Holmseth.

There are a bunch of them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/floodofnoah

IMO .. he is a bit of a kook, but all information is worth looking at. There are a lot of conversations with Cobra in these, including how he obtained Nay Nay's car keys and how LE did not want them.

I might add, Cobra uses some quite off-color language, so be aware of that if you are going to listen to them.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #634 on: September 28, 2009, 03:54:34 AM »

This night owl is going to bed. I am praying for Divine intervention for a REAL break in this case. Today could be the day.

Good night, Blumonkey.

I can't believe we are here at the end of September, 2009 and still don't know where Haleigh is!

So so sad.

Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #635 on: September 28, 2009, 03:59:07 AM »

Is this some goofball?   

Yeah, I saw a few of these. I believe they were done by that http://writeintoaction.com/ guy. AKA Timothy Charles Holmseth.

IMO .. he is a bit of a kook, but all information is worth looking at. There are a lot of conversations with Cobra in these, including how he obtained Nay Nay's car keys and how LE did not want them.

I might add, Cobra uses some quite off-color language, so be aware of that if you are going to listen to them.

Thank you, Brandi. 

4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #636 on: September 28, 2009, 05:42:02 AM »

Is this some goofball?   

Thank you, Brandi. 

Hi Monkeys
I found this interesting in regards to the above.  The name or last name caught my eye and the arrest took place during the time they were doing the pond search.  I don't understand what was going on.  Why was this guy booked???  I tried to find more info but unsuccessful.  Anyway just thought I'd throw it out there just in case.  He was only in there for 18 minutes it looks like.  Quick trip huh???

ERIC ANDREU GRIFFIS
Melrose ,  FL
Booking Date & Time: 9/21/2009 10:19:47 PM  - Booking#: 09-03919
Release Date & Time: 9/21/2009 10:38:41 PM
DOB: 7/31/1981 -  RACE: W  -  SEX: M

Charges   Misd/Felony Degree Bond Bond Posted
901.04- OUT-OF-COUNTY WARRANT  N N  $0.00 

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #637 on: September 28, 2009, 07:19:56 AM »

Thank you, I Spy.
Many people who move to Florida, who are not retiring there, have had problems in other states and
move to Florida as sort of a last jumping off place.  Certain types tend to congregate in an area of
the state where they feel they can fit in.
I think Misty and the Croslins moved to Florida from Michigan....not Appalacia at all.

I'm from Michigan, do we know where abouts she came from? I could tell you about the town if it is near me.

Yes, they are originally from Michigan. I have never seen a city mentioned though.

Notes from Feb. 2009:
Misty is originally from Michigan. She has lived in Florida for about seven years. Croslin has lived in various parts of the state, including Daytona, where she lived with her brother. - She has lived in Putnam County off and on for about a year.

wow, records are kept for a long time. LOL

I found both Lisa and Hank T Croslin in Merrill, MI:
LISA C CROSLIN 
11255 MERIDIAN RD    Record Created: 07/2001
MERRILL, MI  48637

Merrill is a small town that is pretty peaceful. It does have it's share of druggies however. It is on M-46 which is a main road that goes from Saginaw to 127(highway). I know it only from being in the area - I do know some social workers that work out there and they say they go in pairs to the homes when they have to check on kids ect.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #638 on: September 28, 2009, 07:26:04 AM »

Thank you, I Spy.
Many people who move to Florida, who are not retiring there, have had problems in other states and
move to Florida as sort of a last jumping off place.  Certain types tend to congregate in an area of
the state where they feel they can fit in.
I think Misty and the Croslins moved to Florida from Michigan....not Appalacia at all.

I'm from Michigan, do we know where abouts she came from? I could tell you about the town if it is near me.

Yes, they are originally from Michigan. I have never seen a city mentioned though.

Notes from Feb. 2009:
Misty is originally from Michigan. She has lived in Florida for about seven years. Croslin has lived in various parts of the state, including Daytona, where she lived with her brother. - She has lived in Putnam County off and on for about a year.

wow, records are kept for a long time. LOL

I found both Lisa and Hank T Croslin in Merrill, MI:
LISA C CROSLIN 
11255 MERIDIAN RD    Record Created: 07/2001
MERRILL, MI  48637

Merrill is a small town that is pretty peaceful. It does have it's share of druggies however. It is on M-46 which is a main road that goes from Saginaw to 127(highway). I know it only from being in the area - I do know some social workers that work out there and they say they go in pairs to the homes when they have to check on kids ect.

Croslin, Clester Leon Jr - do we know if this guy is related? Since the Merrill address was listed I ran the croslin name through the Saginaw County criminal records and found him. Looks like he got committed to a mental hospital and nothing more happened.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
crimedontpay
Scared Monkey

« Reply #639 on: September 28, 2009, 07:36:54 AM »

Morning Monkeys!  Here's hoping for a break in the case today!

Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.