April 23, 2024, 06:19:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You WILL BUY HEALTH INSURANCE or fined up to 25000.00 or 1 year in jail  (Read 2658 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« on: September 26, 2009, 03:10:42 PM »

Under the health care bill being considered in the Senate Finance Committee, Americans who fail to pay a penalty for not buying insurance could be charged up to $25,000 by the Internal Revenue Service or face up to a year in jail, according to congressional analysts.

That's just one of the concerns Republicans say the Democratic-run Congress is ignoring in the rush to pass legislation to overhaul the nation's health care system.

"The American people expect us to get this right and to do it in an open, honest and bipartisan debate. That's what they deserve," said Sen. Johnny Isakson, R-Ga., in his party's radio and Internet address Saturday. "But that's not what they're getting from the Democrats on Capitol Hill."

The Senate Finance Committee is the last of five committees to take up health care legislation, which tops President Obama's domestic agenda.

The committee chairman, Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., negotiated with top Republicans for weeks before talks broke down. Baucus' bill leaves out a primary demand of many Democrats -- a government insurance option -- and it has a lower price tag than other Democratic proposals.

But the legislation includes an individual mandate penalty that could go as high as $1,900. Thomas Barthold, chief of staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation, told senators that the IRS could take legal action against those who fail to pay the mandate penalty.

In a handwritten note to Sen. John Ensign, R-Nev., Barthold said violators could be charged with a misdemeanor and could face up to a year in jail or a $25,000 penalty.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/26/baucus-mandate-penalty-lead-prison-congressional-analysts-say/

So put that into your family budget.
Now you know why insurance companies are silent. THEY STAND TO WIN !!
Premiums will go through the roof. !!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 12:49:20 AM »

Conservative talk-show host Rush Limbaugh says President Barack Obama’s plan to control healthcare is a pivotal point in his quest to control every aspect of Americans' lives.

Limbaugh, appearing Thursday on NBC’s “Jay Leno Show,” said the Democratic plan will regulate everything that affects healthcare costs, right down to what Americans should eat, drink, and drive.

“We've got enough mistakes the federal government runs,” Limbaugh said. “We don't need to compound it with more programs. The market will take care of it[self] . . . there's no reason to turn it all upside down.”

The ulterior motive behind the Democratic plan to take over healthcare concerns Limbaugh the most.

“Forget the intricacies of healthcare,” he said. “If the government gets control of healthcare, that's the single best way that they get to control every aspect of our lives: what we eat, what we drive. It all will have an impact on healthcare costs — their responsibility via our taxes — and it's just a mechanism whereby government grows and grows and grows and we lose liberty and freedom to it. That's the single best way they get to control every aspect of our lives."

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 11:12:39 PM »

Government control of healthcare in my mind, is giving the healthcare industry, hospitals, drug companies, doctors, and other providers of SERVICE a blank check from taxpayers, users, and others who have to pay the bill.  The longer this goes on, the more it looks like some kind of extortion racket.

Healthcare is a commodity.  Why doesn't every drug, procedure, and provider service come with a moneyback guarantee to cure what ails the user?

my opinion.

What is 'extortion'?

EXTORTION - The use, or the express or implicit threat of the use, of violence or other criminal means to cause harm to person, reputation, or property as a means to obtain property from someone else with his consent. USC 18

The Hobbs Act defines "extortion" as "the obtaining of property from another, with his consent, induced by wrongful use of actual or threatened force, violence, or fear, or under color of official right." 18 U.S.C. S 1951(b)(2).

Is it wrong for government to force people to buy health insurance?  People may choose not to buy a car, house, or condo.  Thus, they have no use for buying the related insurance.  They may choose not to rent a car or apartment, or they may choose to rent and pay the related insurance.

Why should everyone be forced to buy healthcare insurance?

http://www.lectlaw.com/def/e073.htm

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 11:04:22 AM »

The Truth About the Health Care Bills -
Michael Connelly, Ret. Constitutional Attorney

Well, I have done it! I have read the entire text of proposed House Bill 3200: The Affordable Health Care Choices Act of 2009. I studied it with particular emphasis from my area of expertise, constitutional law.

I was frankly concerned that parts of the proposed law that were being discussed might be unconstitutional. What I found was far worse than what I had heard or expected.

To begin with, much of what has been said about the law and its implications is in fact true, despite what the Democrats and the media are saying.

The law does provide for rationing of health care, particularly where senior citizens and other classes of citizens are involved, free health care for illegal immigrants, free abortion services, and probably forced participation in abortions by members of the medical profession.

The Bill will also eventually force private insurance companies out of business and put everyone into a government run system. All decisions about personal health care will ultimately be made by federal bureaucrats and most of them will not be health care professionals.

Hospital admissions, payments to physicians, and allocations of necessary medical devices will be strictly controlled.

However, as scary as all of that it, it just scratches the surface. In fact, I have concluded that this legislation really has no intention of providing affordable health care choices.

Instead it is a convenient cover for the most massive transfer of power to the Executive Branch of government that has ever occurred, or even been contemplated. If this law or a similar one is adopted, major portions of the Constitution of the United States will effectively have been destroyed.

The first thing to go will be the masterfully crafted balance of power between the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of the U.S. Government.

The Congress will be transferring to the Obama Administration authority in a number of different areas over the lives of the American people and the businesses they own. The irony is that the Congress doesn't have any authority to legislate in most of those areas to begin with.

I defy anyone to read the text of the U.S. Constitution and find any authority granted to the members of Congress to regulate health care.

This legislation also provides for access by the appointees of the Obama administration of all of your personal healthcare information, your personal financial information, and the information of your employer, physician, and hospital.

All of this is a direct violation of the specific provisions of the 4th Amendment to the Constitution protecting against unreasonable searches and seizures.

You can also forget about the right to privacy. That will have been legislated into oblivion regardless of what the 3rd and 4th Amendments may provide.

If you decide not to have healthcare insurance or if you have private insurance that is not deemed acceptable to the Health Choices Administrator appointed by Obama there will be a tax imposed on you.

It is called a tax instead of a fine because of the intent to avoid application of the due process clause of the 5th Amendment. However, that doesn't work because since there is nothing in the law that allows you to contest or appeal the imposition of the tax, it is definitely depriving someone of property without the due process of law.

So, there are three of those pesky amendments that the far left hate so much out the original ten in the Bill of Rights that are effectively nullified by this law.

It doesn't stop there though. The 9th Amendment that provides: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people, The 10th Amendment states: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are preserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Under the provisions of this piece of Congressional handiwork neither the people nor the states are going to have any rights or powers at all in many areas that once were theirs to control.

Read it all here..

http://minutemanproject.com/newsmanager/templates/mmp.asp?articleid=1131&zoneid=1
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 06:00:16 PM »

I wonder how many getting "affordability credits" will ever worry about a fine?  What if someone crosses the income line, and gets hit with tht $25,000 fine or 1 year in jail?

Why isn't EVERYONE contributing?  Affordability credits are just another freebie that will be paid for by future generations - those without a vote.  How many years of indenture will each year of public option add to the debt? 

If I or anyone has to pay more, it's a tax, a blank check being paid for by generations of the future.  No jobs for Americans, no relief from increasing taxes and debt, and no prosperity.

Just more spending, blank checks, and money salted away to 'advisors'.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.