March 18, 2024, 08:17:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 6 10/4/09 - 1/27/10  (Read 566890 times)
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1020 on: October 08, 2009, 09:23:30 PM »

One last post before JessStar new rules go into effect.   Harry Oakes's email to Janet states "a dog hit on a death scent a 1/2 mi after leaving Beck ST, winds from the south".  Did he not follow that scent even if he did not know if it was Lindsey or not?  Seems like a good tracker would search out that scent to find the body.  After all winds change and it may be difficult to pick up the scent again.  This smacks of incompeteance.  Just had to get that out.  IMO  shortcake

You know what, that's not really what I'm talking about.  That's actually a very good question shortcake.  That is, "did he not follow that scent even if he did not know if it was Lindsey or not?"  The answer to that question can actually be very helpful because, if the answer is "Yes, he did follow up on the scent," then that closes a loop.  If the answer is "No, he didn't," then you're right to question why he didn't because HO holds himself out as a professional.  He set the standard for himself.  We have all the right in the world to question whether he's living up to that standard.

I disagree Jess,  Shortcake is attacking HO here. It would be great and very helpful to have this information, but it was not disclosed. Suddenly the man is incompetent because he won't tell us everything!  Geeze. HO did not disclose everything to us, but he did say he followed up with LE/FBI with additional information he had.  I think we have really overstepped our boundaries when we start "demanding' answers when we really have no right to that information.  That is a job for LE, not us.

HO was the one who revealed the information about the "death scent".  First anyone heard of it and to a total stranger.  I believe he is only obligated to give the information to whoever hired him.  He decided to give out information not known before.  HO is the one who authored that email to Janet.  The revealing information to a stranger and limiting basic information speaks volumes of poor corrispondence.  Does anyone believe he found a body as he suggest there is?  If he did not search for a dead body, he has no business searching for missing persons.  Appearntly HO can reveal what he wants, just not all of it?  I do not have any confidence in his tracking skills until he says he did search and what he found.  Remember HO is the one willing to release previous unknown information about his search.  Why say anything at all?  JMO  shortcake
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1021 on: October 08, 2009, 09:28:10 PM »

One last post before JessStar new rules go into effect.   Harry Oakes's email to Janet states "a dog hit on a death scent a 1/2 mi after leaving Beck ST, winds from the south".  Did he not follow that scent even if he did not know if it was Lindsey or not?  Seems like a good tracker would search out that scent to find the body.  After all winds change and it may be difficult to pick up the scent again.  This smacks of incompeteance.  Just had to get that out.  IMO  shortcake

As much as it's a good idea, it is not a RULE and JessStar does not make the rules at SM.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1022 on: October 08, 2009, 09:43:08 PM »

As much as it's a good idea, it is not a RULE and JessStar does not make the rules at SM.

I believe she said later that is was done half tounge in cheek, and she clearly said it is not up to her to make the rules.  I think others just ran with it.   

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1023 on: October 08, 2009, 09:47:35 PM »

Scandi,  if you are still here...MM said the witness persons first name is Rena.

Hi AZ, Just back from work and thanks very much.  Should I call the local watering hole in McCleary to see if they know who she is or should we let it rest till we learn more in the case? 

Off to Googld watering holes ij McCleary Wa   

I think its the one across from Tag and Libby's

Thanks Leroy,  I met with no success, called about 6 different places, even the Shell station.  No one knew a Rena.  Maybe she lives a bit out of town?
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1024 on: October 08, 2009, 09:55:30 PM »

Scandi do you know where i can find info on the bear festival that happened the weekend of July 4th? 
TIA!

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1025 on: October 08, 2009, 09:56:49 PM »

Scandi do you know where i can find info on the bear festival that happened the weekend of July 4th? 
TIA!

It is on the McCleary website complete with pictures. 

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1026 on: October 08, 2009, 10:00:53 PM »

Scandi,  if you are still here...MM said the witness persons first name is Rena.

Hi AZ, Just back from work and thanks very much.  Should I call the local watering hole in McCleary to see if they know who she is or should we let it rest till we learn more in the case? 

Off to Googld watering holes ij McCleary Wa   

I think its the one across from Tag and Libby's

Thanks Leroy,  I met with no success, called about 6 different places, even the Shell station.  No one knew a Rena.  Maybe she lives a bit out of town?
Maybe Rena is really an Irean?  Just a thought...

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1027 on: October 08, 2009, 10:03:54 PM »

TIA!

im really not dense but i've got to make sure you are saying--The McCleary WA website and not a thread at SM...

i feel like ive been pulling teeth all night so forgive me.

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1028 on: October 08, 2009, 10:24:59 PM »

TIA!

Hi Mamacrazy,  I suppose you want photos from this year's festival, right?  LOL  I haven't located any yet but will look further.

Here is a link to the festival,  Do you see the bear in that photo of the  beautiful old house that is now a B & B?  I didn't seE him right away and then about fell over when there he was, right in front of my face the whole time!   ::MonkeyLaugh:

http://landingaday.wordpress.com/2009/06/26/mccleary-washington/
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1029 on: October 08, 2009, 10:29:38 PM »

Hope that works.  Neat face for the City of McCleary, eh?
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1030 on: October 08, 2009, 10:39:34 PM »

if it seems like ive completely abandon anything i was searching for before, i haven't .  im crazy so bear with me (lol) and help if you can....

issues with McCleary wa:
The City has implemented the new Citizen Help Desk feature on its website.

This gives citizens of McCleary a convenient way of asking questions and reporting items like: pot holes, hazardous trees, nuisance animals, water issues, information about building codes,  any other items of concern. You have the option of doing this directly from your computer, by phone or in person at City Hall.
On December 31, 1941, McCleary sold the mill and the town to Simpson Logging.  Simpson upgraded the utilities and sold the light and water plants to the new City for $6,000 the following year.
Mayor Wally Bentley

Wally Bentley was elected Mayor in 1999.  His current term ends December 31, 2009.

Mayor Bentley was born and raised in Aline, Oklahoma and has lived in McCleary since 1963.  He is married and has two daughters.

He is a retired McCleary School teacher (34 years) and also worked in natural gas pipeline and irrigation construction.  He was a Communications Instructor during his service in the military.

Community Service:  Teacher's Retirement; McCleary PTA; McCleary Education Association

Council Goals:  achieve development consistent with the city's needs; meet the needs of the McCleary area; and expand the City's economic base

Councilmember Ray Boling, Position 1

Ray Boling was first appointed to the Council in 2000 and elected in 2003 and 2007.  His current term ends December 31, 2011. 

Ray has lived in McCleary most of his life.  He is a retired letter carrier, and has worked for Simpson Timber. He is married has two daughters.

Community Service:  Solid Waste Advisory Committee; City Representative to the Bear Festival Committee

Council Goals: Improve our water system; find grants to loop all our water lines to eliminate the odor and foul taste of the water; control growth around the area

Councilmember Don Hays, Position 2

Don Hays was appointed in 2004 and elected in 2005 for the remainder of that term and for a full term in 2007.  His current term ends December 31, 2011.

Don was raised in Hawaii and at 18 moved to California to pursue a dream of seeing the country on a motorcycle.  He has lived in McCleary since 1995 and owns D&D Cycle Doctor.  Don is married and has three children.

Community Service:  Represents the City on the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.

Council Goals:  Keep a conservative approach to growth of the City; the City is going to grow, so let's grow with it (water, power, sewer).

Councilmember Chris Vessey, Position 3

Chris Vessey was elected in 1997.  His current term ends December 31, 2009.

Chris has lived in McCleary since 1993.  He is retired lowbed truck driver for Simpson.  He is married and has two sons and a daughter.

Community Service:  Delegate to the Grays Harbor Council of Governments and the Grays Harbor Economic Development Council.  Past President, Grays Harbor Poogie Club and Past President of the Masonic Lodge

Council Goals:  help the town grow with some new industries; find new water for our future

Councilmember Richard Vatne, Position 4

Richard Vatne was elected to the Council in 2004.  He served as Mayor from 1986 to 1990.  His current term ends December 31, 2009.

Richard has lived in McCleary for 30 years.  He is a retired small business owner.  He has one son.

Community Service:  He has more recently narrowed his activities to the City Council.  Previously he was active in the Chamber of Commerce, United Way, and numerous power utility councils and boards.

Council Goals:  growth; making the voters happy; make the cemetery look good; streets, sidewalks

Councilmember Helen Lake, Position 5

Helen Lake was elected in 2001. Her current term ends December 31, 2009

Helen has lived in the McCleary area for over 40 years, and owned business property in the city for over 35 years.  She is the Broker/Owner of McCleary Real Estate and is also a licensed contractor.  She is divorced and has three grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.

Community Service:  McCleary Chamber of Commerce; Board member of the Mark E. Reed Foundation; board member of Childrens Advocacy; Western Artist Association; past member Washington State Tourism Board

Council Goals:  to fairly represent the people who live here; to better our community; to try to help solve problems that have a bad impact on our rural area; to bridge the gap between business owners - citizens - and city government
 Printer-friendly Version

Water System
The City of McCleary’s tap water meets federal and state drinking water standards.  Since our water comes from only one source, however, it is critical that we protect that source.       
Our drinking water begins as rainfall that seeps into the Wildcat Creek Aquifer System. (Aquifers are underground deposits of sand and gravel that contain water.)  Our source is called an “aquifer system” because the ground underneath the branches of Wildcat Creek may contain several aquifers, the result of the mixture of porous and dense deposits left by Ice Age glaciers.
The city pumps this groundwater from two 90-foot wells located on city property just west of the SR108 turnoff north of town. Water system operators treat the water with a disinfectant to protect us from microbial contaminants and then pipe it to two storage tanks located east of the city. Operators inspect and clean the tanks regularly to minimize buildup of sludge in the system. From the tanks the water then flows to customers through the distribution system.

Wildcat Creek Aquifer Map 
Grays Harbor County Critical Areas Ordinance Update 
Jim Arthur Wildcat Creek Final Report 
Wildcat Creek Aquifer Horsley Witten Report 
Water Annual Report 
McCleary Water System Plan 2008

does anybody (off hand) remember if Wildcat Creek is the same as 'Jim Mullin's' creek aka tweaker creek?  ill look in a sec but if anyone "KNOWS" pleas let me know.

WTH is going on with the water...its WA, doesn't it rain all the time there?

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1031 on: October 08, 2009, 10:41:51 PM »

TIA!

Hi Mamacrazy,  I suppose you want photos from this year's festival, right?  LOL  I haven't located any yet but will look further.

Here is a link to the festival,  Do you see the bear in that photo of the  beautiful old house that is now a B & B?  I didn't seE him right away and then about fell over when there he was, right in front of my face the whole time!   ::MonkeyLaugh:

Scandi forgive me if this has already been answered but are you local?  if yes can i ask you some questions about the bear festival?

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1032 on: October 08, 2009, 10:45:10 PM »

::MonkeyWink::OT somewhat but...THEHEHE  this is my kind of city rep....Councilmember Richard Vatne, Position 4

Richard Vatne was elected to the Council in 2004.  He served as Mayor from 1986 to 1990.  His current term ends December 31, 2009.

Richard has lived in McCleary for 30 years.  He is a retired small business owner.  He has one son.

Community Service:  He has more recently narrowed his activities to the City Council.  Previously he was active in the Chamber of Commerce, United Way, and numerous power utility councils and boards.

Council Goals:  growth; making the voters happy; make the cemetery look good; streets, sidewalks

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1033 on: October 08, 2009, 10:55:28 PM »

TIA!

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1034 on: October 08, 2009, 11:06:26 PM »

TIA!

im really not dense but i've got to make sure you are saying--The McCleary WA website and not a thread at SM...

I am sorry, yes it is the McCleary WA website., not on SM

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1035 on: October 08, 2009, 11:12:21 PM »

TIA!

I am sorry, yes it is the McCleary WA website., not on SM
TY and a 

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1036 on: October 08, 2009, 11:33:09 PM »

TIA!

Scandi forgive me if this has already been answered but are you local?  if yes can i ask you some questions about the bear festival?

I'm about two hours south in Portland,  I do know the area tho as I lived in Lacey Wa in the early 70's and traveled in my job from Lacey to Aberdeen/Hoquim every day.  I'll never forget the evening I saw the bright yellow eyes of a young doe out to the right of Hwy 8 and she was so scared she suddenly ran right in front of me,  I almost had a heart attack!  We both survived, WHEW!

About the water they do have a historic problem with it as it seems McCleary was originally built on a swampland.  This is a great article which really explains allot:

http://www.talkshop.info/wildcat-aquifer/wildcat-creek-aquifer-envr110.htm

I thought Wildcat Creek ran from the north and down under Simpson on the west end of town and then joined with Sand Creek where it dumps into the Sand Creek Pond.  Now I don't know.  Looking at the map the Wildcat Creek I see is further west.  I'll go exploring.

One thing I do know about McCleary is they have 2 culverts running side by side from the NE to the SW thru the town and the creek is only exposed in 3 spots.  One is the bridge behind the Shell station, two is by the water treatment plant by KK's house {I think} and I can't remember the third.  They have that pretty well organized and is probably what allowed that swampland created by the creek to dry out so they could build on it.  I was told this by a nice old gent at the Bldg Dept in McCleary, and he said all the culverts had been checked right after she went missing.  xox

MelissaMcCann
Scared Monkey

One of the reasons I was born

« Reply #1037 on: October 08, 2009, 11:48:07 PM »

i dont think sb's other children are relevant to finding lindsey

you can find the bear festival pics on facebook, just type in mccleary bear festival
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1038 on: October 09, 2009, 12:12:43 AM »

anyMonkey got info on the bear festival?  was it in McCleary or outside?  may sound disjointed but iirc it happened about 6 days after she went missing and they stopped searching at that time due to it.  is it like a fair?  do people come in from all over or just local?
TIA

Good Morning, It was in McCleary. The pictures were on the McCleary link.
just got here.  Thanks miss Mae 
which one???  i can't find it

Sorry MAMA. 

I was on the Haleigh thread. http://www.cityofmccleary.com/

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1039 on: October 09, 2009, 12:13:28 AM »

Someone had mentioned that they were going to set up a thread for the messages on articles that Strongtower was leaving.  I have looked for it and could not find it.  He has left two more messages and I would like to put them there.  He has a buddy now. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.