March 19, 2024, 03:32:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 6 10/4/09 - 1/27/10  (Read 566978 times)
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1260 on: October 22, 2009, 11:36:42 AM »

http://www.cityofmccleary.com/vertical/Sites/%7B6900A7D9-59CE-4612-823A-FA3E5F25F431%7D/uploads/%7BAB2E64A9-DA35-4EE8-860E-A7A3157C43F7%7D.PDF

This is very interesting reading. It is the first city council meeting held after Lindsey went missing. It also gives the names of the contractors that were working on the school project. The saddest thing in the world? They gave Lindsey one short paragraph in this huge report of the minutes. Please read it and let me know what you think!

Contractors working on the school project? This is new. Alright. Was there a definate scent that led up 6th street? And does anyone else here think there is a chance that maybe Lindsey may have walked up to see the progress of the school?

Silly me. Around the times she came up missing, no one should have been doing construction work. If I read correctly, there was a town meeting the night Lindsey came up missing?

I don't think it would be out of the norm to do construction work, I just thought it was helpful to get the names of the companies that were doing the work. Maybe someone on one of the job sites is a SO and hung around after work. If there was a town meeting the night Lindsey went missing, could you provide a link. I must have missed it when I was looking at the list of town minutes.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1261 on: October 22, 2009, 11:46:10 AM »

Good night you all.

Praying for you sweet little Lindsey
 an angelic monkey

OMG! Look how much she looks like her daddy! How he can stay away is beyond me!

It appears that the father of Lindsey and Josh does not have a clue how fortunate he is to have been blessed with children.  Those kids were so short changed.  What is so ironic ... according to Kara K ... his children love him nevertheless.

If only Melissa Baum had received the emotional and financial support of her childrens' father maybe ...

Janet

I cannot express to you how much agree with you about the father. It is so funny to me that fathers always get a free pass. Of course when something bad happens they are there for a comment here and there but where was he when Lindsey was there, at home, safe and sound? 1 year he hadn't seen his daughter, how do you do that? I am away from my kids for a couple of days and I am lost, of course many divorced moms are like that. We take care of our children, we try to do what is best for them and occasionally for ourselves but god forbid if something goes horribly wrong, the dad shows up and gives a couple of sound bites for the news stations throwing insults and accusations our way. Of course they are safe from blame, they have been in another state not having anything to do with their children.....

Hi Tracygirl!
I hear you! However I have been on the flipside. I have raised kids that were abandoned by the mother. There are many horrible, uncaring parents out there, both mothers and fathers. In the past fathers got very few rights in divorce courts. Unless the mother had a long criminal record, blah blah blah, the mother always got custody. Thankfully, this has changed. I truly think that there are loving parents and terrible parents and the courts are FINALLY granting custody to the appropriate parent. You sound like a wonderful mother who has one of those awful exes. Ugh! I had to go through horrible medical proceedures and take fertility pills etc to get my biological child. I value her more than she could ever know. I have never understood why some people have to work to get children and others pop them out and then toss them aside. Children are a true gift from God and parents should value them above anything else.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1262 on: October 22, 2009, 04:05:57 PM »

Good night you all.

Praying for you sweet little Lindsey
 an angelic monkey

OMG! Look how much she looks like her daddy! How he can stay away is beyond me!

It appears that the father of Lindsey and Josh does not have a clue how fortunate he is to have been blessed with children.  Those kids were so short changed.  What is so ironic ... according to Kara K ... his children love him nevertheless.

If only Melissa Baum had received the emotional and financial support of her childrens' father maybe ...

Janet

I cannot express to you how much agree with you about the father. It is so funny to me that fathers always get a free pass. Of course when something bad happens they are there for a comment here and there but where was he when Lindsey was there, at home, safe and sound? 1 year he hadn't seen his daughter, how do you do that? I am away from my kids for a couple of days and I am lost, of course many divorced moms are like that. We take care of our children, we try to do what is best for them and occasionally for ourselves but god forbid if something goes horribly wrong, the dad shows up and gives a couple of sound bites for the news stations throwing insults and accusations our way. Of course they are safe from blame, they have been in another state not having anything to do with their children.....

Tracygirl, I wouldn't be so quick to generalize.  Where's was Jessica Lundsford's mother when she was abducted and murdered?  The Bio mom and Mark Lunsford split a year after Jessica's birth, and Mark got custody of Jessica.  Jessica's mother was not a presence in her life, and when the little girl went missing, it took authorities a couple days to locate Bio Mom.  So it seems to me she got the same "free pass."  Of course, then there's Crystal Sheffield, the non-custodial mom of Haleigh who, for some reason, people find the urge to give a free pass to, notwithstanding the fact that she was never a real presence in that child's life.

I was thinking of Lindsey, Sandra, Tori (sort of, not as much), Neveah and of last night, Somer...seems to be a trend, sadly to say.    Of course there are exceptions, there are exceptions to everything.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1263 on: October 22, 2009, 04:12:42 PM »

Sebastian, lets take Ambers case...the father lived in another county far from where amber lived but he called and saw his daughter. He was in the picture, he helped with her care, with her needs and helped raise her. He is not only a father but a dad to Amber.

Some of these other fathers, they have not been a part of the lives of the children, have left that up to the moms, then when something bad happens they jump all over the mom.

I recall Sandra's dad doing that and I about told him off at a parking lot where he was. He was doing an interview and he stated, "if only her mom got off her lazy fat ass Sandra may still be here today" What??? Where was he? Oh that's right, not around, of course. No come on, when the dads say things like that or even 1/2 as bad, what right do they really have? It makes me very upset. BTW, if it was a mom saying that about a child she had not seen? I would feel the same darn way.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1264 on: October 22, 2009, 06:24:47 PM »

Sebastian, lets take Ambers case...the father lived in another county far from where amber lived but he called and saw his daughter. He was in the picture, he helped with her care, with her needs and helped raise her. He is not only a father but a dad to Amber.

Some of these other fathers, they have not been a part of the lives of the children, have left that up to the moms, then when something bad happens they jump all over the mom.

I recall Sandra's dad doing that and I about told him off at a parking lot where he was. He was doing an interview and he stated, "if only her mom got off her lazy fat ass Sandra may still be here today" What??? Where was he? Oh that's right, not around, of course. No come on, when the dads say things like that or even 1/2 as bad, what right do they really have? It makes me very upset. BTW, if it was a mom saying that about a child she had not seen? I would feel the same darn way.

Hi Tracygirl,
As much as Nancy Grace can grate on my nerves, she calls ALL of these dead beat parents on the carpet! Unless a parent is actively participating in the raising of their children, they should keep their yappers shut!
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1265 on: October 22, 2009, 07:16:07 PM »

Praying for you sweet Lindsey
 an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1266 on: October 22, 2009, 08:04:57 PM »

Hi Karma, I sure wish that one of the times that we all come on here we would have some news 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1267 on: October 22, 2009, 08:14:32 PM »

Hi Karma, I sure wish that one of the times that we all come on here we would have some news 

Me too norose, me too...
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1268 on: October 22, 2009, 08:25:30 PM »

Me too norose, me too...
I guess we just have to figure things are happening behind the scenes, but I have a lot of doubts.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1269 on: October 22, 2009, 10:22:17 PM »

Me too norose, me too...
I guess we just have to figure things are happening behind the scenes, but I have a lot of doubts.

Hi Norose,
The three cops in McCleary logged in 255 hours of overtime the first month Lindsey went missing. They should be working on the case, right? I just think it is excessive overtime but what do I know.
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1270 on: October 23, 2009, 01:28:02 PM »

Me too norose, me too...

Hi Norose,
The three cops in McCleary logged in 255 hours of overtime the first month Lindsey went missing. They should be working on the case, right? I just think it is excessive overtime but what do I know.

255 hours overtime between the 3 of them I'm assuming. That's not excessive overtime considering there is a missing child in their town.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1271 on: October 23, 2009, 01:40:13 PM »

Me too norose, me too...

Hi Norose,

255 hours overtime between the 3 of them I'm assuming. That's not excessive overtime considering there is a missing child in their town.

Some in my family were/are law enforcement and they have put in a lot of time without pay working cases.  This isn't to say all do this, but many LE have families of their own and it hits them hard when there are crimes against children.  BTW, someone must have approved the overtime the three cops in McCleary worked.  There was and still is a missing child in that town.  Did you expect the LE to work for free?  If they hadn't been working and putting in extra hours, which translated to overtime, then they would be criticized for not working...  I don't know if or how much the cops in McCleary might have worked without pay, but they may have.  They may have put in some overtime with pay and volunteered some of their time too. 

If three cops worked 255 hours OT in a month, and the hours were divided equally, that would be 85 hours in  a month, or 20 hours a week.  Maybe they were working 6 or 7 days a week? Or maybe in the first days they were working extra long hours each day.    I just don't see how the overtime in a case like this would be considered excessive given the circumstances.  If you'll remember, they may have been going door to door, doing interviews with family, with any so's and etc.    All JMHO.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1272 on: October 23, 2009, 07:09:56 PM »

Hi NoRose
I also have my doubts that anything is going on behind the scenes Sad

Karma Is Coming

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1273 on: October 23, 2009, 07:24:51 PM »

Hi NoRose
I also have my doubts that anything is going on behind the scenes Sad

What a shame 
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1274 on: October 23, 2009, 08:10:37 PM »

Goodnight you all.

Hoping and praying for you sweet little Lindsey
 an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1275 on: October 23, 2009, 11:49:15 PM »

Me too norose, me too...

Hi Norose,

Some in my family were/are law enforcement and they have put in a lot of time without pay working cases.  This isn't to say all do this, but many LE have families of their own and it hits them hard when there are crimes against children.  BTW, someone must have approved the overtime the three cops in McCleary worked.  There was and still is a missing child in that town.  Did you expect the LE to work for free?  If they hadn't been working and putting in extra hours, which translated to overtime, then they would be criticized for not working...  I don't know if or how much the cops in McCleary might have worked without pay, but they may have.  They may have put in some overtime with pay and volunteered some of their time too. 

If three cops worked 255 hours OT in a month, and the hours were divided equally, that would be 85 hours in  a month, or 20 hours a week.  Maybe they were working 6 or 7 days a week? Or maybe in the first days they were working extra long hours each day.    I just don't see how the overtime in a case like this would be considered excessive given the circumstances.  If you'll remember, they may have been going door to door, doing interviews with family, with any so's and etc.    All JMHO.

Hi Muffy,
I realize that the majority of LE are hard working, honest people, who do a dangerous job and are under appreciated. I guess what gets me is the lack of information. It is my understanding that it is US the TAXPAYERS that pay for LE. Yet a child goes missing and most of the time months go by without a peep out of LE. What private business could get away with that? I understand that it is essential that they don't come out and discuss leads etc, but a press conference from time to time would be nice. It gets me that there is not any checks or balances. So much of what goes on in Government jobs is politics. I just hope that the powers that be that are running things in McCleary are doing EVERYTHING that they can to find Lindsey and are not the minority (the lazy few that do as little as possible until the retirement checks kick in). I got a bad taste in my mouth for McCleary LE when it was the private citizens that were going out searching for Lindsey without any help or guidance from LE. I am hoping that this has changed as of late.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1276 on: October 24, 2009, 07:44:53 PM »

I am wondering how the search for Lindsey went today?I am wondering if there was a search today?

Praying for you sweet Lindsey
 an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1277 on: October 24, 2009, 08:29:20 PM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1278 on: October 24, 2009, 08:55:36 PM »

Well, Tracygirl, not to beat a dead horse, but you should probably remove Neveah from your list of "bad dads" too. I happen to know for a fact that Nevaeh's father fought very very hard to be a part of Nevaeh's life. I've seen firsthand all of the court papers.I saw firsthand other reports that I don't care to disclose.  And, of course, Nevaeh's mother was more of a deadbeat than her father was-she spent 18 months in the slammer for home invasion. And even took her along in her carseat on one occasion when she robbed a car dealership. So while you may characterize those as exceptions to the rule, I don't agree with your rule. But I'll hug you anyway!  Smile

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1279 on: October 25, 2009, 01:20:22 AM »

Jess I will keep him on my list and if you prove to me he had seen his daughter in the year before her death or paid the grandmother who was caring for her, I will omit him. From what I understand it had been a few years since he saw his daughter and was so behind on child support he was afraid to come into the state.  I was not standing up for the mom, just saying he shouldn't have spoke up, he was not around either. Naveah's mom is a very messed up girl and I think she neglected Naveah. Poor girl had 2 parents who didn't know how to care for her, from what I understand the grandma did a good job, thank god for that.   

"Bad Dads" exist and they have a million reasons and excuses to not see a child..live to far, no money, the mother wont' let him, the courts ruled against them...There are phones if you cannot see the child, save your Penny's to make the trip, the moms can't really say whether the dad can see the child and as far as the courts? The days of "mommy is best" is over. The courts right now are so child based they don't even want to hear it, if you don't believe it, I will send you my court papers and you will know what I mean. With all of my ex's faults and he lives 1000 miles away, has no job, is on state aide and lives in his car. His one bill? He keeps a cell phone so he can call his children every night, drives down here once per month to see the kids, (my husband and I actually pay for the hotel room so they can see their dad)  and honestly, he would never allow me to take his kids away, trust me I tried at one point. For all his faults, he is there, he is in the picture, does not allow any circumstance to stand in his way. It is the only thing I respect about him. 

Is it mean of me to feel this way about a dad who lost their child? Yes, probably it is but it is the truth Jess, imho. And, in my opinion and I am still allowed to have one and express it, it is hypocritical for a person to put down another for something they themselves are more the guilty of. I think that of many things and I stand on that principal everyday. So please Jess, I will have my list, and you can have yours. You don't have to agree with me and that is perfectly fine, I will stay true to who I am and what I believe is right and wrong, if that insults you then we can agree to disagree.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.