March 19, 2024, 03:53:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 6 10/4/09 - 1/27/10  (Read 566981 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1280 on: October 25, 2009, 09:28:52 AM »

:::::::looking around:::::::::

Is this not the Lindsey thread?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update on yesterday's search:
From the locals at WS.
Seems only 2 people showed up to search and they have about 10 people who are the core search group so about 12 people searched.
They won't be searching this coming up Halloweenie weekend(so far).
The search people say they will be searching the weekend after Halloweenie.....so far.

All posts have dropped off(even on WS where they seem to have a lot of locals) and people seem to be forgetting all about Lindsey.
I am just lost on where this case is heading.......

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1281 on: October 25, 2009, 09:54:03 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the locals at WS.
Seems only 2 people showed up to search and they have about 10 people who are the core search group so about 12 people searched.
The search people say they will be searching the weekend after Halloweenie.....so far.

All posts have dropped off(even on WS where they seem to have a lot of locals) and people seem to be forgetting all about Lindsey.
Karma I know the interest in Lindsey's case is not looking good, it's not that all of us on the forums have lost interest, but what can we all do? I guess coming on everyday and praying for Lindsey, other than that I just don't know. What a pity, poor little Lindsey  an angelic monkey I know you and I and many others check daily to see if there is anything new.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1282 on: October 25, 2009, 01:43:05 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the locals at WS.

Karma I know the interest in Lindsey's case is not looking good, it's not that all of us on the forums have lost interest, but what can we all do? I guess coming on everyday and praying for Lindsey, other than that I just don't know. What a pity, poor little Lindsey  an angelic monkey I know you and I and many others check daily to see if there is anything new.
True NoRose
I shouldn't have written that we are all forgetting Lindsey.
I am just frustrated and feeling sad for Lindsey and her family.

Karma Is Coming

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1283 on: October 25, 2009, 03:06:20 PM »

Karma, I sure didn't take your post that way at all    This is just so frustrating.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1284 on: October 25, 2009, 05:02:38 PM »

I agree with you both. I come here everyday hoping there is some news. I was so fearful at the very beginning the apathy both in the community and in the LE, was not the norm we usually see in the missing cases. I even railed about it, and insulted some posters and some who said they were locals. But I will still stand by my feelings that the proper things were not done from the first. I cannot help but feel there is someone who has a lot of influence in this community is involved in Lindsay being missing, and everyone is tip-toeing around the thousand pound gorilla in the area. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1285 on: October 25, 2009, 07:30:24 PM »

I agree with you both. I come here everyday hoping there is some news. I was so fearful at the very beginning the apathy both in the community and in the LE, was not the norm we usually see in the missing cases. I even railed about it, and insulted some posters and some who said they were locals. But I will still stand by my feelings that the proper things were not done from the first. I cannot help but feel there is someone who has a lot of influence in this community is involved in Lindsay being missing, and everyone is tip-toeing around the thousand pound gorilla in the area. JMO

Hi Fanny Mae!
I agree with you 100%! I was also wondering if any locals know of a guy named Trevor from McCleary? Maybe in some form of law enforcement, volunteer or otherwise. Also does any locals know if there is are any volunteer law enforcements in the area? Where I am from we have police cars that say "volunteer officer". It is really cute to see little old ladies driving them around. Anyone?
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1286 on: October 25, 2009, 07:30:58 PM »

I agree Fanny
Seems the whole investigation and getting the local search center up and running is so/was so.....laid back.From bringing in the dogs to just about everything to do with this case.....just like,well ok,we got us a missing 10 year old girl,when do you think we should bring the dogs in?When do you think we should go out looking?Maybe after my coffee.
I can't find the little GAH! smiley so :::::::::GAH!:::::::::::

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1287 on: October 25, 2009, 07:33:15 PM »

Hi Fanny Mae!
I agree with you 100%! I was also wondering if any locals know of a guy named Trevor from McCleary? Maybe in some form of law enforcement, volunteer or otherwise. Also does any locals know if there is are any volunteer law enforcements in the area? Where I am from we have police cars that say "volunteer officer". It is really cute to see little old ladies driving them around. Anyone?
I haven't heard of a Trevor in this case,is he important or possibly important?
I doubt they have a volunteer police group.....but you never know.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1288 on: October 25, 2009, 07:35:16 PM »

Goodnight Monkeys

Praying for you Lindsey
 an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1289 on: October 25, 2009, 09:40:49 PM »

Jess I will keep him on my list and if you prove to me he had seen his daughter in the year before her death or paid the grandmother who was caring for her, I will omit him. From what I understand it had been a few years since he saw his daughter and was so behind on child support he was afraid to come into the state.  I was not standing up for the mom, just saying he shouldn't have spoke up, he was not around either. Naveah's mom is a very messed up girl and I think she neglected Naveah. Poor girl had 2 parents who didn't know how to care for her, from what I understand the grandma did a good job, thank god for that.   

"Bad Dads" exist and they have a million reasons and excuses to not see a child..live to far, no money, the mother wont' let him, the courts ruled against them...There are phones if you cannot see the child, save your Penny's to make the trip, the moms can't really say whether the dad can see the child and as far as the courts? The days of "mommy is best" is over. The courts right now are so child based they don't even want to hear it, if you don't believe it, I will send you my court papers and you will know what I mean. With all of my ex's faults and he lives 1000 miles away, has no job, is on state aide and lives in his car. His one bill? He keeps a cell phone so he can call his children every night, drives down here once per month to see the kids, (my husband and I actually pay for the hotel room so they can see their dad)  and honestly, he would never allow me to take his kids away, trust me I tried at one point. For all his faults, he is there, he is in the picture, does not allow any circumstance to stand in his way. It is the only thing I respect about him. 

Is it mean of me to feel this way about a dad who lost their child? Yes, probably it is but it is the truth Jess, imho. And, in my opinion and I am still allowed to have one and express it, it is hypocritical for a person to put down another for something they themselves are more the guilty of. I think that of many things and I stand on that principal everyday. So please Jess, I will have my list, and you can have yours. You don't have to agree with me and that is perfectly fine, I will stay true to who I am and what I believe is right and wrong, if that insults you then we can agree to disagree.

Out of respect for Lindsey, I'll throw in the towel, Traceygirl.  You win.

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1290 on: October 25, 2009, 11:19:48 PM »

Hi Fanny Mae!

Hi Karma,
I don't know for sure if the Trevor question is important or not. I get emails on another site from people all over. Some may be astrologers or psychics. I just try to follow through on their questions. At this point in the case, if nothing else, it keeps the discussion going and the thread active!
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1291 on: October 26, 2009, 07:59:06 PM »

Hi Fanny Mae!

Hi Karma,
I don't know for sure if the Trevor question is important or not. I get emails on another site from people all over. Some may be astrologers or psychics. I just try to follow through on their questions. At this point in the case, if nothing else, it keeps the discussion going and the thread active!
Ahh,thank you Sebastian,I understand.Did they have anything else to say about this Trevor?

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1292 on: October 26, 2009, 08:00:41 PM »

Goodnight Monkeys

Hoping and praying for you sweet Lindsey
 an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1293 on: October 26, 2009, 11:54:13 PM »

I wanted to post this since some of you might want this info and because Klaasend said that LE reads this board.  I believe they might want to know some of this info as well.

KageyKaren posted the following on Websleuths yesterday, Oct. 25th around 4:00pm.  I can not provide a link to it because it was removed from their site shortly after it was posted.  (But it was copied and pasted before it disappeared.)  JVK, another poster on WS and a local volunteer searcher, posted in response to KageyKaren’s post, asking questions.  His post was promptly removed as well.  Then KageyKaren was BANNED from Websleuths.

Here is the post from KageyKaren:

"I'm noticing LINDSEY's thread seems to be becomming dormant as far as working on clues to find her. I'm hoping that the integrity of the seaches hasn't been altered do to search reports being given out to strangers on the net. Is this a truth as original emails are being posted saying this and the e-mails are from Jen O. to skye/DD. For what reason would make a person defy the same orders that she was asking others to abide by? Say this isn't so! This is not opinion from me, or rumor this is what I'm reading I guess it would be good to ask if this is some kind joke that can be explained? This isn't looking good. Hopefully members will find out this is just another frustrating aspect in Lindsey's story brought on by miscommunication and now we can discuss clues and concerns. Seriously members aren't going to see search reports on line? Any & all clarifications would help to get back on track and keep the threads open with the spirit of a team. I did not post this to hurt feelings as I many others all want truth & honesty to lead us to Lindsey."

The True Crime forum has a few of the postings JenniferO from Websleuths made about the confidential volunteer searches as well as her observations of and remarks made by Melissa Baum and Kara Kampen.  These comments by JenniferO are what KageyKaren is referring to in her post above. 

Below are some of the comments and the links to JenniferO’s postings on True Crime:

“Yes, leave out any info from the reports that I give you guys. I'm a volunteer for the LRC and Klaaskids. I don't want to jeopardize that if at all possible.
My hopes are to one day open something similar in Washington State so we can have someone close (not in Texas or California) and we can get things done before the case starts to go cold.”

http://truecrime.forums-free.com/no-volunteer-searches-allowed-in-or-around-mccleary-t1636.html

"I do think we have found the source of the problem.
Amanda. I know she was pushy the other day at the search center. Her boyfriend went out on a couple of searches. One of their areas was the water tower. I didn't debrief them on their findings but I know after they left about an hour Amanda was calling Melissa every few minutes to find out if Brad had gone up and looked at the water tower area for the stuff that the boyfriend had found. I never did find out what was found nor what Brad found out while he was up there looking (or if the findings were handed over to the police for a follow up)"

http://truecrime.forums-free.com/the-dog-trail-south-on-6th-then-east-then-to-a-house-t1500.html

“I don't know what exactly was said to Laura Recovery. I only know what they were telling myself and searchers. Kara and or Melissa might have told them about the dogs trailing a scent down 6th and to Cedar (Brad Dennis told me in an email when I forwarded him the report.. "I'm not sure how much to trust these findings...heard lots of things. BUT,... that area he is talking about needs to be searched. You and I both knew that before. Only problem is we ran out of time. If you go out there, don't go alone, take as many people as possible and cover as much ground as possible.. ")

I have the form in front of me that told us what to tell the searchers. This came directly from LRC.

Left 647 Maple at approx 9:15-9:30 pm.

Seen by two different witnesses at...”
<snipped>
http://truecrime.forums-free.com/the-dog-trail-south-on-6th-then-east-then-to-a-house-t1500.html

“But if this was the case then Brad would have changed his center of focus. It's hard to explain how the mapping a search area is in text. Brads starting point was Karas front porch since that is where the dogs said she was. Although there were witnesses saying she was on 5th and Maple we didn't have confirmation of that. So he used Karas house.
If he would have known about the Cedar street he would have started there, Or at least I assume he would have.”

<snipped>

“Skye, I completely understand where you are coming from.

that is why I wanted to talk to you because not all of the information that you were receiving (and posting) was correct, and I knew it wasn't. I don't understand who is lying or why.. but someone is.

I have talked to karas ex and unless he is lying about everything then I know for a fact that Kara is capable of lying. Now some of the stuff that Kara is saying could very well be information that has been fed to her so she thinks it's truth. I don't know. But I would like to get to the bottom of things.”

<snipped>
http://truecrime.forums-free.com/the-dog-trail-south-on-6th-then-east-then-to-a-house-t1500s25.html

“I spent a lot of time with Melissa last weekend.. 10+ hours a day for three days.

Wanna know what she mainly talked about? Her new fancy Dell computer (fully upgraded to the top of the line) with her new picture quality printer, her trip to New York (not why she was there but she was showing everyone pictures of her $500 a night room and the sites she seen), her new digital camera..
wanna know what Josh was doing? “

<snipped>
http://truecrime.forums-free.com/melissa-baum-t1577s25.html

“Kara talks out of both sides of her mouth at the same time. She was telling me one story, we got interrupted and later when she went to continue the story.. the beginning had changed. I didn't say anything because I wanted to get a feel for the kind of person she was. I just let her ramble.

This is rumor (I'll be the first to admit it, and I hate rumors) but I believe it to be true. Even Carrie (Amber Dubois mother), Linda (Ambers Aunt), Dawn and Sandy (LRC) and Brad (Klaaskids) were fed up with Melissa by day two. We worked our asses off and Melissa sat in a chair, drank her coffee, allowed Josh to run the streets of McCleary, ate the food bought for the searchers and occasionally she'd go to talk to the media.
Beyond that.. she did NOTHING.
Even when Carrie was giving her ideas for fund raisers she just looked at Carrie, didn't write anything down, didn't take phone numbers Carrie offered.”

<snipped>
http://truecrime.forums-free.com/melissa-baum-t1577s25.html

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1294 on: October 27, 2009, 12:57:23 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the locals at WS.

Me too Norose,  I know that with the other fast moving cases right now it is where the posters are concentrating.  I just came by to say HI to everyone and know we are all keeping Lindsey in our thoughts and prayers too.  xox
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1295 on: October 27, 2009, 01:26:19 AM »

Thanks Madre for your post.  I am sitting here in utter amazement reading all these things she wrote and never expected she would go against her own words of respecting information about the case so that the investigation or searches wouldn't be compromised.

Thanks to Kagey, the cat is out of the bag, and by now I would guess those in charge know she's been talking and will keep her from learning anything new.  It is too bad this had to happen. xox
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1296 on: October 27, 2009, 02:50:32 AM »

the house the dogs "supposedly" went up to the door is at 233 cedar

listed as being connected in some way to this house are:

233 E Cedar, McCleary, WA

John Baskett 233 E Cedar St McCleary, WA
Household: Daniel R Basler

Daniel R Basler
233 E Cedar St McCleary, WA
55-59
Household: Laurie A Basler

Darren Basler
Household: Daniel R Basle

Laurie A Basler

Oh Geez, I just snipped this from DD's site. Look at the first name on the list for 233 E. Cedar St. BASKETT. Remember Cryptic Code man?
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1297 on: October 27, 2009, 03:41:33 AM »

Klass, If that last post of mine is out of line please delete.  I was in a state of shock when I wrote it.  Ta
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1298 on: October 27, 2009, 03:49:06 AM »

the house the dogs "supposedly" went up to the door is at 233 cedar

listed as being connected in some way to this house are:

233 E Cedar, McCleary, WA

John Baskett 233 E Cedar St McCleary, WA

Daniel R Basler
55-59
Household: Laurie A Basler

Darren Basler
Household: Daniel R Basle

Laurie A Basler

Oh Geez, I just snipped this from DD's site. Look at the first name on the list for 233 E. Cedar St. BASKETT. Remember Cryptic Code man?

Hi Sebastian,  I read tonight of a connection between Strongarm and the extra man living in that house on Cedar.  I didn't actually get the drift of the connection but thought STRONGARM lived up near Seattle.  Did you get it?  And Cedar St os very close to the road going up to the water tower.

Is he a SO do you know?  Has anyone researched him?

Did you read about the dogs tracking to the end of Mommesen to the trail that leads down to the series of logging roads that surround the water tower?  I always had that feeling it would be the perfect place to hide something you'd never want found.  I talked to a guy at the Bldg Dept in McCleary who said it had been thoroughly searched right away and nothing was found.  It has still lingered with me.  9 yr old Elizabeth was found last Fri in an area already searched by LE.  She was hidden so well they missed her completely. It does happen in real life.  xoxoxoxo
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1299 on: October 27, 2009, 03:51:24 AM »

Drats!  No edit  LOL

I also read Lindsey and her gf's had been up to the area of the water tower 3 days before Lindsey went missing acc to Kara.  Just interesting is all, don't know what it really means to the case.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.