March 18, 2024, 08:30:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 6 10/4/09 - 1/27/10  (Read 566892 times)
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1900 on: January 14, 2010, 11:53:15 AM »

Hi Sister,
I totally know what you mean with regards to the money. I think that the only way that people would feel comfortable donating at this point would be if an Attorney set up a trust? I donated a small amount in the beginning but after reading all of the allegations about the way that the money was being spent, I have not donated further. I know in my heart that the only person that this hurts is Lindsey, but I don't know what to do. It looks as if Michelle Bart is lurking behind MB and that just upsets me further. I know I keep bring up the Amber Dubois case, but that is the only case that is local and where I am friends with the mother. The trust for Amber is held by her grandmother who is an Attorney. Maybe Laura Recovery could set up something for Lindsey with an Attorney? I just don't know. It is so frustrating that all of these players close to Lindsey are hindering her case, not helping it.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1901 on: January 14, 2010, 12:03:22 PM »

Tracygirl and Sebastian, I agree with what you both are saying.  Bottom line for me is this, if being bipolar prevents MB from taking adequate care of her son, then CPS needs to step in.  That's what they are there for.  Should the family step in?  Unfortunately, CPS has more authority to remove a child than a family member does.  Now, should the family go to CPS and file a complaint, yes, yes, yes.  Will doing so alienate MB, yes, yes, yes.  But if she is so non-functional then for the sake of the child, he needs to be with people who can help him.  Possibly, his father would step up to the plate and let him live with him in Tennessee.  It very well may be that Lindsey's disappearance coupled with her being bi-polar has put her over the edge.  Obviously she can't work anymore.  The family's priority needs to be JB.  As far as MB, you know and I know if someone doesn't want your help, you can't give it.  However, there are folks in a position to help JB and I hope someone will put aside other agendas and begin to provide the help and guidance this young man needs.  Wagging fingers at MB or him is no support for this young man.

Hi Sister,
As far as "wagging fingers at MB", this is where you and I are going to have to respectfully disagree. First of all, I have never blamed Josh for anything. As far as MB goes, I am sick and tired of these negligent parents getting a pass. I am sorry that Lindsey is missing, I am sorry that any parent has to go through this, but I am MOST sorry for Lindsey. Lindsey is a child, plain and simple. Lindsey deserved to be protected. No one protected her. Not her mother, not her father, not her extended family and not CPS or any other Government Agency. This is a pattern. A very ugly, nasty pattern. If we as a society continue to give all involved a pass, these stories are going to continue. This was NOT a whim. This was not the first time that Lindsey had been left alone unattented, BELIEVE ME. All of those around Lindsey were fully aware of the situation and as far as I can see, no one stepped up to the plate to protect Lindsey. All of those around Lindsey are now telling lies, spreading rumors and half truths and leaving Josh now to his own devices. I think all of those close to Lindsey and Josh should be very ashamed of themselves. They should also be doing EVERYTHING and ANYTHING to try to help bring her home. This goes for the people in McCleary as well. They too knew the situation. There are exceptions of course. What are they doing now? NOTHING! If wagging my finger will get someone off of their rear end to try to do something to help AN INNOCENT, LITTLE ANGLE, than so be it.

Sebastian, we agree, I just phrased it wrong.  The "wagging the fingers" meant just talking about helping JB or just talking about having MB being accountable, "wagging fingers" accomplish nothing because what are they doing, nothing.  I absolutely, 100% agree -- this free pass business is crap.  Yet this begs the questions to which I don't have the answers -- how do you get people to step up and do the right thing?  How do you get people to put aside their prima dona agendas and focus on Lindsey?  How do you get people to remember why they are in the limelight?  How do you get some of these people to graduate from their "high school mentality of a scavenger hunt" to a mature, focused attitude for the greater good -- to find Lindsey.

Hi Sister,
I hate to say this but I don't see this changing one iota unless an intelligent, mature, outside source comes in. I wish Mark Klaas would get involved. From everything that I have heard about him he is no nonsense and professional. I think if he and his people were to step into this three ring circus, all of this stupidity and grand standing would come to a screeching halt.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1902 on: January 14, 2010, 01:37:16 PM »

Oh geez, this is distressing news. I just read on facebook that Linda Walkup from Laura Recovery Center is no longer heading up the Lindsey Baum Search Center. This is very distressing! I wonder who will take her place?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1903 on: January 14, 2010, 01:40:31 PM »

Whatever it will take to find this little girl and bring her to safety, that is all that is important. KaraK, JennO, they both need to realize they are not doing what is right, although they maybe trying too and may have good intentions, it is not working because Lindsey is still missing.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1904 on: January 14, 2010, 01:59:41 PM »

Oh geez, this is distressing news. I just read on facebook that Linda Walkup from Laura Recovery Center is no longer heading up the Lindsey Baum Search Center. This is very distressing! I wonder who will take her place?

my post was not in response to this posting, Sebastian and I posted at the same time.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1905 on: January 14, 2010, 03:23:23 PM »

Sebastian, I heard weeks ago that LRC has pulled out.  When professional folks wash their hands of this group of locals, it goes beyond making me go hmmmm.  One of the motley crew envisioned themselves as being the coordinator of LRC in Washington State.  It will never happen when they use blogs to talk about the searches, who searched where, and just being so full of themselves and their own sense of self-importance.  These people have moved so far away from finding Lindsey it is pathetic.  Every kk, jeno, jvk, erik, mb, mm, et al have said they are in charge.  To which I can only say, "how's that working for you?"  it ain't working because Lindsey is still gone and this bunch of self-centered idiots prattle on.
Hey, but other than that, I have no opinion.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1906 on: January 14, 2010, 03:25:18 PM »

Whatever it will take to find this little girl and bring her to safety, that is all that is important. KaraK, JennO, they both need to realize they are not doing what is right, although they maybe trying too and may have good intentions, it is not working because Lindsey is still missing.

Tracygirl, I respectfully disagree.  I do not believe they have good intentions of bringing Lindsey home.  It isn't what you say, it is what you do -- and what they do is deplorable.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1907 on: January 14, 2010, 05:22:44 PM »

Tracygirl, I respectfully disagree.  I do not believe they have good intentions of bringing Lindsey home.  It isn't what you say, it is what you do -- and what they do is deplorable.

I had a moment of being nice sister. You know how I truly feel about those 2 so I guess even I disagree with my statement!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1908 on: January 14, 2010, 05:44:18 PM »

I had a moment of being nice sister. You know how I truly feel about those 2 so I guess even I disagree with my statement!

Wouldn't it be great if some could just step up to the plate and do the right thing?  JMHO   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1909 on: January 14, 2010, 06:57:57 PM »

Wouldn't it be great if some could just step up to the plate and do the right thing?  JMHO   
I'm just so confused that people involved with helping don't have good intentions, why bother then, go do something else 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1910 on: January 14, 2010, 07:09:50 PM »

Makes me suspicious as if they are taking control to avoid the truth being found out.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1911 on: January 14, 2010, 09:14:38 PM »

Makes me suspicious as if they are taking control to avoid the truth being found out.
Yes, I know 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1912 on: January 14, 2010, 09:14:53 PM »

Tracygirl, they either know something or they want everyone to think they know something and therefore kiss their butts.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1913 on: January 14, 2010, 10:38:08 PM »

But why sister would they want to pretend they know something they do not? Surely KK's life would be a heck of alot easier without the cloud over her head that she did something to Lindsey? I can't be the only person who thinks she is involved in Lindsey's being missing.   
Banana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1914 on: January 14, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »

my post was not in response to this posting, Sebastian and I posted at the same time.

Why is she no longer heading up the Lindsey Center ? does she say why on there or whoever posted it ?
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1915 on: January 14, 2010, 11:35:49 PM »

Why is she no longer heading up the Lindsey Center ? does she say why on there or whoever posted it ?

The only thing that she says on facebook is that she to do something else.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1916 on: January 14, 2010, 11:38:20 PM »

Sebastian, I heard weeks ago that LRC has pulled out.  When professional folks wash their hands of this group of locals, it goes beyond making me go hmmmm.  One of the motley crew envisioned themselves as being the coordinator of LRC in Washington State.  It will never happen when they use blogs to talk about the searches, who searched where, and just being so full of themselves and their own sense of self-importance.  These people have moved so far away from finding Lindsey it is pathetic.  Every kk, jeno, jvk, erik, mb, mm, et al have said they are in charge.  To which I can only say, "how's that working for you?"  it ain't working because Lindsey is still gone and this bunch of self-centered idiots prattle on.
Hey, but other than that, I have no opinion

Hi Sister!
This is what I love about you! You, like myself, call it as you see it. Who is JVK and Erik?
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1917 on: January 15, 2010, 01:17:01 AM »

This was posted up by Karma not too long ago in one of the posts regarding people doing an investigation....

>>When we returned to the command center after the search I asked the search coordinators if Paul had come down there and they said no – but a long haired women - I am assuming it was his wife ran in and said to search McNight Road.

Sunday morning we went to McNight Road and there happens to be a “very crazy old man” who greets people who trespass with a shotgun – he apparently shooed off other searchers before us – the neighbor says he is pretty well known to locals and very scary – I do not know what Paul Opelts motive was for sending us there but we search the area and found nothing to indicate that anyone was or had been camping there.

All of the people searching on Friday and Saturday were pretty disturbed by this guy, in fact a couple of them on Friday were really scared.<<

The crazy old man on McKnight road might be my biological grandfather. I met him for the first time when I was 21 years old. He has lived in McCleary for a long long time, but he isn't really the type to be social or out and about in town. I can't imagine that he would be awake as late as 9:30 though, as I also heard he is dying of cancer. I don't speak with him. I feel it would be safe to assume that since he is so secluded to his house that Lindsey wouldn't know him.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1918 on: January 15, 2010, 01:31:19 AM »

This was posted up by Karma not too long ago in one of the posts regarding people doing an investigation....

>>When we returned to the command center after the search I asked the search coordinators if Paul had come down there and they said no – but a long haired women - I am assuming it was his wife ran in and said to search McNight Road.

Sunday morning we went to McNight Road and there happens to be a “very crazy old man” who greets people who trespass with a shotgun – he apparently shooed off other searchers before us – the neighbor says he is pretty well known to locals and very scary – I do not know what Paul Opelts motive was for sending us there but we search the area and found nothing to indicate that anyone was or had been camping there.

All of the people searching on Friday and Saturday were pretty disturbed by this guy, in fact a couple of them on Friday were really scared.<<

The crazy old man on McKnight road might be my biological grandfather. I met him for the first time when I was 21 years old. He has lived in McCleary for a long long time, but he isn't really the type to be social or out and about in town. I can't imagine that he would be awake as late as 9:30 though, as I also heard he is dying of cancer. I don't speak with him. I feel it would be safe to assume that since he is so secluded to his house that Lindsey wouldn't know him.

Why would she post this? Why tell people online what the searchers are up to? Her biological Grandfather? Are you kidding me? I guess I am stunned as I am sitting here laughing like crazy, because it just does not get any crazier than this. There is a huge vein of insanity running through that town! Again, I know that there are exceptions. Does anyone know the name of the ex McCleary cop that  was charged with sex crimes? Was this another fabrication or a true incident? With all of the lies, true insanity and the like, I don't know what is true and what is not anymore. I have looked online so many times and have never found a thing! I am wondering if the crazy old guy could be him. As I have stated before, KK made it sound like she was new to McCleary from Arizona. We now know that she had been in Washington state before and has ties there. How long ago did KK post this? I am guessing that since it is out about Paul here and at WS, she knows that DD and others are going to look into all of these people. She probably knows that the crazy old guy is her grandfather and is putting it out there in advance in case someone makes the connection. So KK's brother and possibly her grandfather may have some "issues". KK is just one of so many in McCleary that are related to questionable individuals. Nothing about this case is earth shattering anymore. Poor Lindsey!
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1919 on: January 15, 2010, 12:25:59 PM »

Why would she post this? Why tell people online what the searchers are up to? Her biological Grandfather? Are you kidding me? I guess I am stunned as I am sitting here laughing like crazy, because it just does not get any crazier than this. There is a huge vein of insanity running through that town! Again, I know that there are exceptions. Does anyone know the name of the ex McCleary cop that  was charged with sex crimes? Was this another fabrication or a true incident? With all of the lies, true insanity and the like, I don't know what is true and what is not anymore. I have looked online so many times and have never found a thing! I am wondering if the crazy old guy could be him. As I have stated before, KK made it sound like she was new to McCleary from Arizona. We now know that she had been in Washington state before and has ties there. How long ago did KK post this? I am guessing that since it is out about Paul here and at WS, she knows that DD and others are going to look into all of these people. She probably knows that the crazy old guy is her grandfather and is putting it out there in advance in case someone makes the connection. So KK's brother and possibly her grandfather may have some "issues". KK is just one of so many in McCleary that are related to questionable individuals. Nothing about this case is earth shattering anymore. Poor Lindsey!

There we go, quotes are working for me today!

Not KK's crazy grandpa. My crazy biological grandfather. I'm glad to hear that McKnight road was searched. I figured that someone would mention my grandfather, I have heard about him greeting unwelcome visitors with shotguns, I sure hope he didn't greet the searchers the same way. I do not know the man very well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.