March 19, 2024, 03:25:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 6 10/4/09 - 1/27/10  (Read 566975 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1940 on: January 23, 2010, 07:18:43 AM »

Weekend vigil scheduled for missing girl

by DREW MIKKELSEN / KING 5 News

Posted on January 22, 2010 at 8:20 PM

OLYMPIA, Wash. Volunteers are holding a candlelight vigil for Lindsey Baum Saturday night at Olympia's Heritage Park.

The ten-year-old was last seen walking home from a friend's house in McCleary last June.

Police has asked the public for help, but no one has come forward with anything that might lead them to her.

The vigil begins at 6 p.m. Organizers expect it to last one hour. Attendees are encouraged to bring candles.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Weekend-vigil-scheduled-for-missing-girl-82402087.html

Praying for you little Lindsey
 an angelic monkey
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=LindB
 an angelic monkey
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=FLB

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1941 on: January 23, 2010, 02:56:28 PM »

I have not come across a report that states the Federal Way remains are male. May I ask where you read that?

No, I meant the man accused of holding that 14 year old girl in Federal Way. If she was prostituting was she doing it independently or did she have a pimp?

There was also a topic on the news of a body that was found up north that they believe to be a man who has been missing. They found the man's car further off the road than they found the body. Sad

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1942 on: January 23, 2010, 05:30:32 PM »

Thanks. I do not have an answer.

Yes, that would be this man...very sad....
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6871.0

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1943 on: January 23, 2010, 07:49:55 PM »

Weekend vigil scheduled for missing girl

by DREW MIKKELSEN / KING 5 News

Posted on January 22, 2010 at 8:20 PM

OLYMPIA, Wash. Volunteers are holding a candlelight vigil for Lindsey Baum Saturday night at Olympia's Heritage Park.

The ten-year-old was last seen walking home from a friend's house in McCleary last June.

Police has asked the public for help, but no one has come forward with anything that might lead them to her.

The vigil begins at 6 p.m. Organizers expect it to last one hour. Attendees are encouraged to bring candles.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Weekend-vigil-scheduled-for-missing-girl-82402087.html

Praying for you little Lindsey
 an angelic monkey
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=LindB
 an angelic monkey
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=FLB

Bumping for little Lindsey
 an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1944 on: January 23, 2010, 08:45:33 PM »

Thank-you Karma  an angelic monkey
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1945 on: January 24, 2010, 08:58:42 AM »

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/82529227.html

Missing McCleary girl's supporters: 'Just bring her back'
By Matt Markovich
Story Published: Jan 23, 2010 at 6:49 PM PST
Story Updated: Jan 23, 2010 at 7:03 PM PST
OLYMPIA, Wash. - Seven months after 10-year-old Lindsey Baum disappeared in the small town of McCleary, her supporters staged a candlelight vigil for her Saturday in the state Capitol.

They're hoping to get the Legislature interested in helping out in the search for the little girl.

Lindsey vanished June 26 while walking home from a friend's house around dusk.

Now her mother and an ardent group of volunteers have brought their plea for help to Olympia's Heritage Park, just in the shadow of the state Capitol building.
The candlelight vigil is an attempt to keep the search for Lindsey alive, to offer renewed faith that she will be found - and to keep the missing girl in the news so she won't become a cold case.

Lindsey was 10 years old when she vanished; now she'd be 11.

Investigators have received more than 1,200 tips - but no substantial leads. Volunteer searches have turned up nothing but frustration.

In November, Lindsey's face graced the cover of People magazine, along with a California girl who is missing. If that generated a substantial lead, investigators are keeping it to themselves.

Lindsey's mother is now hoping that a government-sponsored increase in the reward fund will stimulate someone to talk.

"California is going bankrupt, and Arnold Schwarzenegger donated $40,000 to Amber Dubois' reward fund - so her reward fund is up to $100,000, and Lindsey's is at $10,000," says Melissa Baum.

"And you know - somebody out there knows something, and if their morals and their hearts won't make them come forward - maybe money will."

Keeping the faith is what the vigil is all about - staying focused, staying determined not to letting the search for Lindsey become an afterthought - is the pledge all of Lindsey's friends have made.
"The person who took Lindsey - please bring her back. Just bring her back," says her friend, Julie Colbert. "If you can't bring her back, then call somebody and tell us where to find her and we'll go get her."

Schwarzenegger's offer for Amber Dubois was $40,000 in state funds - the remaining $60,000 was raised by the California girl's family.

Law enforcement has traditionally said that high rewards have caused people to talk in the past.
Video   http://www.komonews.com/news/local/82529227.html?tab=video

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1946 on: January 24, 2010, 01:25:16 PM »

i am sure reward funds are important however,  the above statement sounds like a pis$ing contest.  JMHO

Where are you Lindsey?

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1947 on: January 24, 2010, 01:54:49 PM »

i am sure reward funds are important however,  the above statement sounds like a pis$ing contest.  JMHO

Where are you Lindsey?
I agree with you 
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1948 on: January 24, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »

Where are you Lindsey?

When I first read the statement I thought the same thing. Then I remembered that Lindsey and Amber are in two different states. I am ASSUMING, lol, that what Melissa meant was that Arnold came up with 40k in California even though California is in a horrible financial crisis. I think maybe she is hoping that the state of Washington will step up to the plate as they should.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1949 on: January 24, 2010, 04:41:24 PM »

Where are you Lindsey?

When I first read the statement I thought the same thing. Then I remembered that Lindsey and Amber are in two different states. I am ASSUMING, lol, that what Melissa meant was that Arnold came up with 40k in California even though California is in a horrible financial crisis. I think maybe she is hoping that the state of Washington will step up to the plate as they should.

I should also add, to my knowledge, it was Escondido Law Enforcement who petitioned for the money from the Governor for Amber.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1950 on: January 24, 2010, 05:07:07 PM »

Images from last nights vigil for Lindsey in Oly.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Lindsey%20Baum/January%2023%202010%20Vigil/

an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1951 on: January 24, 2010, 05:22:51 PM »

Thank-you
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1952 on: January 24, 2010, 05:36:44 PM »

You're very welcome NoRose
I wish I knew how to grab those great images of Lindsey off the video.
She is/was such a sweety.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1953 on: January 24, 2010, 07:22:27 PM »

Praying for you little Lindsey,every day.
 an angelic monkey

Someone put this wonderful youtube up with lots of images of Lindsey.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mnKirfz5VM&feature=player_embedded

Karma Is Coming

AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1954 on: January 25, 2010, 11:45:17 AM »

Most of them can be found on Lindsey's case archive album:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Lindsey%20Baum/?start=0

(I will add most of the others asap)

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1955 on: January 25, 2010, 12:25:38 PM »

Most of them can be found on Lindsey's case archive album:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Lindsey%20Baum/?start=0

(I will add most of the others asap)
Thank-you 
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1956 on: January 25, 2010, 01:13:35 PM »

YW.
It is done. I grouped the pics by age and combined them.

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1957 on: January 26, 2010, 01:54:08 AM »

I keep thinking about Lindsey Baum and her small little reward. On this, I have to agree with Melissa Baum. In my opinion, it is unfathomable that little Lindsey's award is not higher. The Governor of Washington state, Chris Gregoire, Democrat, is a mother herself of two daughters. When the Governor was Assistant Attorney General she concentrated on child abuse cases. I cannot imagine why she has not offered to add some money to Lindsey's reward fund. Then there is Ernie Allen of The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. I just read a recent article that he made over a million dollars last year. How is that possible? How can he make that kind of a salary and yet Lindsey Baum has a rediculously tiny little reward? It makes me furious. I don't believe that those who donate to The Center for Missing & Exploited Children donate so that Ernie Allen can gross a million dollars a year! I am sure that those who donate would like to see the money go where it is supposed to, to Missing & Exploited children! I think we should all send Governor Gregoire and Mr. Allen a letter or email and ask them to put their money where their mouths are!!!!!!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1958 on: January 27, 2010, 02:09:06 PM »

I keep thinking about Lindsey Baum and her small little reward. On this, I have to agree with Melissa Baum. In my opinion, it is unfathomable that little Lindsey's award is not higher. The Governor of Washington state, Chris Gregoire, Democrat, is a mother herself of two daughters. When the Governor was Assistant Attorney General she concentrated on child abuse cases. I cannot imagine why she has not offered to add some money to Lindsey's reward fund. Then there is Ernie Allen of The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. I just read a recent article that he made over a million dollars last year. How is that possible? How can he make that kind of a salary and yet Lindsey Baum has a rediculously tiny little reward? It makes me furious. I don't believe that those who donate to The Center for Missing & Exploited Children donate so that Ernie Allen can gross a million dollars a year! I am sure that those who donate would like to see the money go where it is supposed to, to Missing & Exploited children! I think we should all send Governor Gregoire and Mr. Allen a letter or email and ask them to put their money where their mouths are!!!!!!

Sebastian, I don't disagree with you, yet I want to add a big however -- first, why would MB begrudge another child's reward money, second, what is she doing to add to the reward money?  Has she sent a letter or called the Governor's office -- has she called the Center -- has she called Tim Miller to come after telling his organization they weren't needed because LRC was coming -- has she organized fundraisers for the reward money -- has she taken on extra jobs to raise money for the reward?  What has she done . . .
Lindsey is the victim and I pray every day for her return.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1959 on: January 27, 2010, 02:15:17 PM »

Sebastian, the article you read about Mr. Allen and his salary was incorrect.

STATEMENT TO CORRECT AND RESPOND TO THE
JANUARY 22, 2010 ARTICLE THAT APPEARED
IN THE ST. PETERSBURG TIMES

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children is issuing the following statement regarding the January 22, 2010 article that appeared in the St. Petersburg Times written by Susan Taylor Martin.  Key facts and information that were provided to Ms. Martin were omitted and the resulting story contained inaccurate and misleading information  surrounding three important issues.

Executive Compensation

The salary for Ernie Allen, the president & CEO of NCMEC, was not $1.3 million and he did not earn $1.3 million in 2008 as the story and the various sensational headlines used to promote the story over the weekend stated.  The article grossly exaggerates and misstates his compensation. 

As was explained to Ms. Martin, each year the IRS changes the instructions for what is reported on the 990 as compensation and how the number is calculated.  What an organization is required to report as compensation can vary from year to year.  And what an organization is required to report on the 990 can be very different from the amount that an employee actually receives.  Further, what an organization reports on the form 990 can be very different from the income reported on the annual W-2 that an individual  is required to report on the form 1040.  There is also a difference between salary and compensation.  Salary includes wages.  Compensation includes salary and employee benefits, but can also include other items depending on the instructions for that year.

Mr. Allen’s involvement with NCMEC goes beyond the traditional CEO.  He was one of the co-founders of both NCMEC and ICMEC.  Mr. Allen serves as the full-time chief executive and manages two nonprofit organizations with separate boards of directors, one domestic and one global, and he played a significant role in building both organizations. 

Mr. Allen’s salary as president of NCMEC was $365,000.  The additional $145,000 in salary that he received was as president of ICMEC which is a separate 501(c)(3) organization.  Mr. Allen does not receive bonuses or perks that many other executives receive.  And he chose not to accept contracted salary increases he was entitled to for the last four years, choosing instead to maintain his salary at the 2006 level except for the same modest cost of living increases that all NCMEC employees receive. His salary and benefits are not paid with federal money.   They are paid solely with private funds.   

In 2008, the compensation reported on the form 990 also includes the cost of insurance premiums paid by his employer as well as the cost of actual medical claims paid by his employer for him and his family.  It also includes retirement benefits that have accumulated for more than 20 years, including amounts that have already been previous reported as compensation, but due to a vesting schedule and 990 instructions were reported a second time in 2008.  As a result, nearly half of the $1.3 million reported on the 990 is for 20 years of retirement benefits earned prior to 2008.  It should also be noted that in less than one year, at age 65, Mr. Allen will reach the age of full vesting of all retirement benefits and the compensation reported on the form 990 will be less confusing. 

The bottom line is the St. Petersburg Times story left readers with the wrong impression that Mr. Allen made $1.3 million in 2008.  The compensation reported on the form 990 is confusing and misleading and what was reported is different from the income Mr. Allen actually received that year.   

Ms. Martin was also advised that the NCMEC board underwent an extensive process to determine compensation for all of the NCMEC executives, including the president.  An extensive amount of comparability data was considered and a top employee compensation benefits firm was consulted to determine compensation levels that were appropriate, comparable and reasonable to similar positions in the U.S.       

In determining compensation a broad range of factors is typically considered including:  scope of responsibilities, expertise required, type and level of professional experience, length of service, institutional knowledge, policy and issue knowledge, performance, type and complexity of organization, where the organization is located, budget, number of employees, nature and scope of the programs and services offered by the organization and other items. 

Further, Ms. Martin’s comparison Mr. Allen’s salary to the CEOs of the American Red Cross and the Smithsonian is not a valid comparison.  Both are fine people heading remarkable organizations.   However, both are new to their positions, while Mr. Allen is a co-founder of NCMEC and has served as its CEO for over 21 years.

NCMEC is a Nonprofit Organization and Not a Government Agency

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.