March 19, 2024, 05:26:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 6 10/4/09 - 1/27/10  (Read 566995 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #700 on: October 06, 2009, 09:09:35 PM »

Interesting note about Kona, from the above info, it appears that she and husband were married at midnight.  ??  lol... okies. 

Yes, and . . . .  LOL  Being a Northwesterner I didn't get the okies part.  Like from Oklahoma?  Midnight?

Okay i'm taking a stab here and thinking its like "okay" or "okey dokey"

Sorry.. ahem.. I meant it as okay, OK, mmmmkay.   Maybe it's a nebraska thing.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #701 on: October 06, 2009, 09:12:59 PM »

Is it just me, or do our pages now have a yellowish/golden tinge to them, rather than white?    

I really gotta lay off the booze.   

j/k .. I don't even drink. 

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #702 on: October 06, 2009, 09:20:21 PM »

Is it just me, or do our pages now have a yellowish/golden tinge to them, rather than white?    

Hi Wkys,  My pages are a light blue.  I think there is a way to change the color of your pages as I saw it done on another forum.  Maybe Klaas knows.  The lt blue is just perfect on the eyes.  lol
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #703 on: October 06, 2009, 09:23:21 PM »

Could it be that 'Alice Walters' is just a name taken by Lindsey to create more myspaces?  She has the one named 'Disturbed', which is listed as one of the few friends on another of her own myspaces.  Maybe these different myspaces are all Lindsey's, with different names. 

Trying to get into the mindframe of a child or teenager is exhausting!   

That is a possibility of course, good guess. I am not sure, I have been all around the other myspaces today, going from one to another to anther...I can't get into the kids, they are all set to private, thank god and about time! I don't recall this Alice Walters being on any other myspace when we could get to them.

Just working on some thoughts....
One thing I thought of was she had gotten into an argument with those kids in the area, it was so bad she didn't want to go to school or anything. Well they all made up shortly before she went missing..I wonder if this myspace is one of them? Lindseys was created on 6/17, Alice walters was created on 6/08. I don't know if that fits...Why would alices be first? Seems like Lindsey would be first. I am sorry, it is more then strange that this site was created 9 days before the girl comes up missing, there is an annon poster on this site, no information other then a name. Hasn't logged in since 2 days after Lindsey goes missing. I was thinking maybe this is an undercover site or something LE put up when Lindsey went missing but it hasn't been logged onto since 6/28, that doesn't make sense. What are the odds this would be just some random Myspace poster, who just happens by to Lindseys site, a site she created just before she goes missing and this poster was not the list of friends from the other myspace, disturbed or any of the other kids or adults sites? What would those odds be? Is it possible, I suppose anything is possible but I think this is highly unlikely. Somehow, someway this "Alice Walters, 18 from the US" is connected to Lindsey being missing. jmo of course.

Interesting thoughts TG! 

(Am gonna work on *not* using your initials in referring to Kona.. lol) 

I think you are onto something with this.  Seems all too coinkydink to be anything other than this 'Alice Walters' thing is somehow connected.  Boggles my mind in trying to figure it out tho.  Am thinking we do need someone her own age, her own circle of friends to ask.  If anyone, they'd know.  IMO  Sure hope LE has thought of this. 

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #704 on: October 06, 2009, 09:26:54 PM »

No break yet in Lindsey Baum case

Grays Harbor authorities have moved their focus away from a McCleary man whose home they search last month, but investigators continue to follow recent leads in the search for Lindsey Baum.

Undersheriff Rick Scott said the home along Foreman Road outside McCleary was the latest in many potential leads they have considered in the hopes of locating the 11-year-old McCleary girl who disappeared more than three months ago.

“We have a responsibility to investigate the tips that come in,” he said.

After finding no “obvious” evidence, Scott said investigators will turn back to following up on alternative leads and possibilities. Detectives have sent out forensic evidence from the home for testing, which could take months to process.

The Sept. 25 search of two neighboring homes on the property was based on a “culmination of a lot of information,” Scott said. The evidence could clear the man as easily as it incriminates him, but investigators cannot completely rule out the man until the results are returned.

“To say he is no longer a person of interest may be an exaggeration as well,” he said.

Investigators have searched a number of homes in the pursuit of Lindsey, who disappeared June 26 while walking a short distance home from her friend’s house in McCleary. No evidence has been found that offers any explanation of her disappearance.

Scott said homeowners consented to many of the searches while others were conducted because the residents were convicted criminals still under probation restrictions that allow searches.

A copy of evidence receipts listing items seized during the recent Foreman Road search has been posted on an online “True Crime” forum. It lists a wide variety of personal property taken for examination.

Scott said he could not comment on why any specific items were seized, but investigators looked for anything they believed could lead them to Lindsey.

The receipts list computers, cameras, marijuana, children’s clothing, a .22 caliber rifle, used condoms, a sex toy, paperwork and records, bedding materials, vacuum filters, newspaper articles about Lindsey’s disappearance and dozens of other items.

“We’re going to evaluate the evidence we did get,” Scott said.

The widely publicized search was conducted with a warrant because of the large size of the property, multiple owners and residents, a large amount of officers needed for the search and other considerations, Scott said. Investigators also hoped to avoid any court issues that could arise from a more informal search.

Scott said publicly describing the home’s resident as a “person of interest” is a vague title that can be misleading. He noted the search was part of more than 1,000 tips detectives have pursued in the case.

“It’s not as black and white as everybody thinks,” he said. “There are no absolutes.”

http://**/articles/2009/10/06/local_news/doc4acb87b413b68310515420.txt

He is, he isn't.......wow, this is so strting to sound familiar. Thanks Karma

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #705 on: October 06, 2009, 09:32:32 PM »

Hi Wkys,  My pages are a light blue.  I think there is a way to change the color of your pages as I saw it done on another forum.  Maybe Klaas knows.  The lt blue is just perfect on the eyes.  lol

The reply areas are a light blue for me, which is very nice, yes.  Might look into whether or not I can change or tint these pages.  The way it is now tho is nice, it's a softer tint. 

Am thinking it might have to do with the fact I've just gotten thru practicing trying to see the aura of my dog.  LOL  A few minutes of staring at him on a muted white background.  When he got tired of being stared at, LOL, he hopped down.  So I looked back at the comp screen and it's a softer muted color.  I'm like.. wth?      

I haven't lost it.. really. 

honest. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #706 on: October 06, 2009, 09:40:35 PM »

LOL IM!!  Am thinking that they pulled back from 'POI' with such neck-breaking speed, and saying something like they aren't even looking at this guy anymore..... they forgot there's a whole pile of stuff they took to be testing.  hehe.. ooops!     This may be their way of coming back just close enough to justify waiting on those test results, without publically calling it anything. 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #707 on: October 06, 2009, 10:05:15 PM »

Well.. ya know.. I've researched Melissa C Baum, and have that info handy if need arises. 

MBs info shows a Tena Weyland Baum - age 39, which when checked returns similiar info to MB.  Nowhere in the four sources that I use, does it mention familiar names or ages that show a link to Kona, except for the first name Tena. 

On Kona's info upthread, nothing links to a Baum.  It's just that we know her first name is Tena.   

Unless or until I find something that directly links up, IMO, Kona and this other Tena aren't the same person.  IMO. 

Someone with different search capabilities may find something tho.  I use peoplefinders, ussearch, pipl and veromi. 

I believe you will find that Tena W. Baum is not related to anyone in McCleary or the surrounding areas, as I recall she is an ex-wife of Lindsey's father.  But, I could be mistaken.

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #708 on: October 06, 2009, 10:14:26 PM »

LOL IM!!  Am thinking that they pulled back from 'POI' with such neck-breaking speed, and saying something like they aren't even looking at this guy anymore..... they forgot there's a whole pile of stuff they took to be testing.  hehe.. ooops!     This may be their way of coming back just close enough to justify waiting on those test results, without publically calling it anything. 

Hi Wkys,  Let's just hope that is what the perp thinks.  Monkey Devil!
MonkeyinSC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #709 on: October 06, 2009, 10:20:10 PM »

i also think its significant that HO specifically said something about the beer bottles in his dog report. why say this? maybe there is more to it. i'm sure there were tons of beer bottles out in the woods. i really think there is something more to this.

i think its great that we are looking into the golders. how could we not? especially after reading the affidavit of probable cause. my gut tells me they are not involved. i still think kk's discrepencies, her son's injury and bad stitch job, and mb's hesitance to even talk to HO or tim miller and some other things need to continue to be looked at, although everytime i look at those my head spins...

SORRY FOR GETTING UP IN YOUR POST!!
HI,sunshine12. Smile BTW, thanks for your earlier comments to my thoughts about the kids and their involvement.
Also, I'm so far behind reading,lol, that I don't know if this has been mentioned by anyone yet, so please forgive me in advance if I repeat someone's thoughts...

I am interested in HO and the mention of beer bottles.

Now I am wondering, could there be a connection with that.. and kids? I have found that it is sometimes more important to focus on what a person does NOT say. HO did NOT 'give up' the brand of beer.

so.. I'd like to know.. What kind of beer? A coupla Bud lites? Coronas? something cheap...Blatz? (I know I know, but I'm tired and I can't think of anything else lol) and maybe the bottles were a kind typical for a certain group of local kids? Hmmmm..

The part of your post that really caught my eye was about KK's son's injury. sorry if this has already been covered, I don't recall reading it anywhere...
 Do we know: did KK's son and MB's son hang out? Were they buds? And did either boy have a cell phone and/or chat connection?
Now, I grew up with brothers, and they got enjoyment out of scaring the bejeezus out of me-jumping out from behind corners, sneaking up on me in the dark...(I was afraid of dark, into vampire stuff at that age, like Lindsey)
So could these two buds, aware of events (their sisters' plans, KK's decision, Lindsey's trek home alone in the dark, knowing it scares her,etc)
could one or both of them have conncocted a plan, an attempt to get back at Lindsey for the earlier fight and tonguelashing from neighbor? I wonder... 
Could their plan have required other people's (kids&oradults) involvement, initially or incidentally?  I wonder....
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #710 on: October 06, 2009, 10:20:15 PM »

Has anyone looked into Libby Nelson who was mentioned in the Affidavit as working at the center.  Why was her name in particular brought up when they talked to many employees there?  It said she had a daughter who was Lindsey's friend so Libby did know her.  Just curious and trying to sort it out.  xox
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: October 06, 2009, 10:52:11 PM »

MonkeyinSC

The following words of Kara Kampen imply that Josh Baum and her son were not buddies.

Janet
______

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #1245 on: July 05, 2009, 11:23:14 PM »

Josh does not have any regular friends that I am aware of but I will ask around but I know Wayne Watne tries to help out there by taking him fishing and there may be other adults and such that have stepped in to provide friendship as well. Most of the time that I see Josh he is hanging out with Lindsey and my 10 and 11 yr old.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg865772;topicseen#msg865772

++++++++

KarmaRoundUp
« Reply #1580 on: July 07, 2009, 10:52:40 PM »

Is there a reason Josh did not hang out with your son(or did he?)because they are about the same age?

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg868973#msg868973

KaraK
« Reply #1600 on: July 08, 2009, 01:36:01 AM »

Two very different groups I guess you'd say. Every now and again they'd hang out for a few if everyone else they knew was doing something else but my son is a little skater/ biker that hangs out with kids usually who enjoy the same. Josh is more the fishing, playing video games type of kid.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg869256;topicseen#msg869256

+++++++

KaraK
« Reply #1795 on: July 09, 2009, 03:13:01 AM »

I am no Dr and I never dug but he does take medication for some condition - more mental than physical. He is not what kids would call "cool" and strikes you as being younger than he actually is if you talk to him. He came over a few times and we'd talk about something and he'd start jabbering about something completely off topic - when we were all out looking for Lindsey I was trying to talk to him about where we'd already looked and he just wanted to know if my son could come over the next day. So I guess you could say unfocused.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg871046;topicseen#msg871046

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #712 on: October 06, 2009, 11:13:45 PM »

Getting down to brass tacks, since Libby Nelson {mentioned in the Affidavit} worked at the Beehive and Lindsey was last seen in front of the Beehive, could Libby be the second witness who last saw Lindsey as she was walking home and possibly the one DD was referring to?
DayOldDonuts
Scared Monkey

« Reply #713 on: October 06, 2009, 11:35:37 PM »

Everytime I see TG my heart stops and I think for a moment, oh my god they think I am Kona! lol, then I remember her name 

Sunny I have been searching for other uses for the name Alice Walters, such as maybe a character in a show or book, a name of a band, TV show, just a slang name and I come up with nothing. Do you know who said it was a local bands name?  Seems strange this band would not have a website, public myspace, facebook, twitter account, nothing. 

I don't know if it means anything but Alice is a main character in Twilight.  So if someone were making up a name and they were a Twilight fan?  Maybe?  Just tossing it out there.

Alice Cullen

Alice Cullen (born Mary Alice Brandon) is the adopted daughter of Carlisle and Esme, adoptive sister of Edward, Rosalie, and Emmett, and wife of Jasper. Alice is described as being petite and pixie-like at 4 ft 10 in (1.5 m), with a graceful gait and hair that is short, spiky, and black. Her special ability is to see the future, an enhanced version of her ability to have premonitions as a human. <<snipped>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Twilight_characters

Hmm that is interesting. Lindsey did use another name that depicts her love for that series. If I recall there were two friends she had on there, kayla and this alice walters person. Kara must know something about this considering her daughter was on the myspace too. I hope LE asked about this. I think Kayla is the answer to who this is. 

Hi, Tracygirl! 

I know you are working on the Alice Walters angle.  I tried and tried but didn't get anywhere with it last night.  But then, I'm not good at researching.  Just looking around, really.

Anyway, did you come across Alice Walters with the user names alipali1094 and alice_walters1094?  They are on on bebo.com.  I signed up on the site but can't see the profiles because they are private.  They reminded me of the myspace ones because there are no pics and there seem to be a bunch of similar type user names.

http://www.bebo.com/Search2.jsp? 

It's probably nothing but thought I'd mention it.  I think I'm going to throw in the towel because I just can't seem to get anywhere with it.   Gonna hit the monkey bunkey.

Night, monkeys!
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #714 on: October 06, 2009, 11:35:59 PM »

Hi All,
I spoke to Carrie, Amber Dubois' mom today. They are not related to Denise Dubois in McCleary. I find it really odd that this Denise Dubois sent a package to DG right about the time that Lindsey disappeared. I am sure it is just a coincidence.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #715 on: October 06, 2009, 11:55:12 PM »

Hi Wkys,  Let's just hope that is what the perp thinks.  Monkey Devil!

Exactly

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #716 on: October 07, 2009, 12:05:28 AM »

Everytime I see TG my heart stops and I think for a moment, oh my god they think I am Kona! lol, then I remember her name 

Sunny I have been searching for other uses for the name Alice Walters, such as maybe a character in a show or book, a name of a band, TV show, just a slang name and I come up with nothing. Do you know who said it was a local bands name?  Seems strange this band would not have a website, public myspace, facebook, twitter account, nothing. 

I don't know if it means anything but Alice is a main character in Twilight.  So if someone were making up a name and they were a Twilight fan?  Maybe?  Just tossing it out there.

Alice Cullen

Alice Cullen (born Mary Alice Brandon) is the adopted daughter of Carlisle and Esme, adoptive sister of Edward, Rosalie, and Emmett, and wife of Jasper. Alice is described as being petite and pixie-like at 4 ft 10 in (1.5 m), with a graceful gait and hair that is short, spiky, and black. Her special ability is to see the future, an enhanced version of her ability to have premonitions as a human. <<snipped>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Twilight_characters

Hmm that is interesting. Lindsey did use another name that depicts her love for that series. If I recall there were two friends she had on there, kayla and this alice walters person. Kara must know something about this considering her daughter was on the myspace too. I hope LE asked about this. I think Kayla is the answer to who this is. 

Hi, Tracygirl! 

I know you are working on the Alice Walters angle.  I tried and tried but didn't get anywhere with it last night.  But then, I'm not good at researching.  Just looking around, really.

Anyway, did you come across Alice Walters with the user names alipali1094 and alice_walters1094?  They are on on bebo.com.  I signed up on the site but can't see the profiles because they are private.  They reminded me of the myspace ones because there are no pics and there seem to be a bunch of similar type user names.

http://www.bebo.com/Search2.jsp? 

It's probably nothing but thought I'd mention it.  I think I'm going to throw in the towel because I just can't seem to get anywhere with it.   Gonna hit the monkey bunkey.

Night, monkeys!

DOD, lol, I love your name. Thank you so much, off to researching these I go.

What is with the name alice walters? Is alice a popular name now a days? I certainly do not think so. I was thinking it had something to do with the band "alice in chains" they are from Washington I think or started there, but I can't find a walters connection. I am afraid someone is going to come on the board and tell me it is a teenaged slang thing and I am just too old to know about it! Please if you have teenages please ask them if the name Alice Walters means anything to them? I have done search after search, can't find anything.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #717 on: October 07, 2009, 12:12:11 AM »

Getting down to brass tacks, since Libby Nelson {mentioned in the Affidavit} worked at the Beehive and Lindsey was last seen in front of the Beehive, could Libby be the second witness who last saw Lindsey as she was walking home and possibly the one DD was referring to?

Do you mean the witness the police are using to place lindsey at that spot? It was not libby. I think she worked that night, not sure of the time.

The persons name starts with an R, like Rita or something like that.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #718 on: October 07, 2009, 12:19:07 AM »

My guess is .. yes. 

We have read earlier on that Lindsey supposedly spoke with someone else after leaving KK's house, asked to spend the night with that person's daughter/niece?, and was told no.  Read also that the woman felt badly for having said no, wished she had said yes. 

While at the same time, there was some confusion in the news about which route Lindsey actually took.  Did she make a right turn from Maple onto 6th?  Did she go straight down Maple?  Was she seen closer to 4th?  Did she take a roundabout way to the main street rather than her usual route home? 

More confusion in trying to figure out exactly where the Beehive is.  On Maple?  On 6th?  Down Maple further, closer to 5th?  Oh... there it is.  On Maple, same side of the street as KK's house, but not facing Maple, it faces 6th. 

More confusion in how long those 'blocks' actually are.  Was she as close to home as had been reported?  Last seen at 6th and Maple.  Actually.... at the most, TWO blocks from KK's house.  *Not* close to home, IMO, by any stretch of the imagination.

KK's daughter supposedly walked with her part way home.  No wait, she 'watched' her walk part way down the street.  Couldn't watch her too far cuz the trees were in the way.  Guess boyfriend of KK couldn't drive her home, after supposedly being the one who
didn't want her to spend the night? 

By the time we had discussed and sorted thru all that confusion combined, it effectively seems to have taken our attention off the 2nd person that Lindsey supposedly asked to spend the night at. 

My best guess.. After leaving KK's house, Lindsey walked down Maple until she reached 6th.  (where the Beehive is).  Saw LN, perhaps while she was working, perhaps she was just getting off work, going to work, whatever.  Lindsey may have asked her then if she could spend the night, hoping perhaps to also catch a ride if LN was leaving, or to trot on over to her house if she said sure. 

But LN said no, so Lindsey does what at that point?  Perhaps turns back to continue her walk home.  And LN does what at that point?  Gets in/out of her car to begin/leave work? 

Perhaps sees the one who then stops Lindsey. 

And that... is why I've been thinking that not much has been said about her ever since.  Am thinking she's our mystery witness. 

And if so, it's not on US not to out her.  Or whoever else the mystery witness is.  It's up to LE to place that person in protective custody to be safe, if the person actually IS in such imminent 'danger'.  IMO. 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #719 on: October 07, 2009, 01:04:48 AM »

I just figured out I think where lindsey got the name "disturbed" for her myspace name, it is a name of a band she has listed on the twighlight page.

This next part is a total and complete jump!!! Be warned
so this leads me to believing she is choosing names based on things she likes. So going back to Wykes suggestion that maybe it was a 3rd site for lindsey and she is actually Alice Walters. Alice could be from the novel DOD posted, what about the last name walters? Is there a boy with that name? I remember being a young girl and everyboy I had a crush on I would replace my last name with theirs. Is there a walters? If not a boy she knew, then what about a celebrity or a character? 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.