March 19, 2024, 02:13:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 6 10/4/09 - 1/27/10  (Read 566966 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #860 on: October 07, 2009, 09:46:31 PM »

where I live, everybody knows what you are doing before you even finish doing it!
Advantage, if you forgot what you did on a certain day, just ask your neighbor
 smooch

IIRC Lindsey's dad was not deployed.

((edit - inappropriate for a mp thread)) 

My aunt said it. I am just repeating it. 

Sister has her hands over her ears

I know. Am I going to he77? 

My aunt was really old when she said it. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 10:20:29 PM by klaasend » Logged

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #861 on: October 07, 2009, 09:47:02 PM »

where I live, everybody knows what you are doing before you even finish doing it!
 smooch

That's my understanding too, Sister. 

And re what you've said about a small town... mwahahaha!  Soooooo true! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: October 07, 2009, 09:47:50 PM »

Missing girl's dad back in Tennessee
THE OLYMPIAN | • Published July 23, 2009

Lindsey Baum’s father returned to Tennessee last weekend to attend to personal issues and sort out his possible deployment to Iraq, according to The Daily World of Aberdeen.

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott told the newspaper that Scott Baum, a member of the Tennessee National Guard who has orders to deploy to Iraq, headed home but hopes to remain in the country to help with the effort to find his 11-year-old daughter.

Scott said Baum had a round-trip ticket so he could return quickly if anything changed.

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/918533.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #863 on: October 07, 2009, 09:48:30 PM »

Thank You. 

You're quite welcome!   

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #864 on: October 07, 2009, 09:49:48 PM »

MB :
She is bi polar. And if that wasn't true, she might be feeling bi polar by now.
She has no spouse there in the house to support her.There doesn't seem to be alot of family that were there for her before and they are not there now.
I just don't know what I would be doing if I was in her situation.
I know that I would do everything I could possibly think of, but this must be really wearing on a person's inner strength.
Where should she look ? Should she go and stand at the place where Lindsay last was and call her name ? Should she wear a groove in the sidewalk going over the last route ? Should she go door to door ? She has given all the info she has to LE. I assume LE has Lindsay's computer. She took a lie detector test and passed.
I came to this board because of Natalee Holloway. Beth Holloway was a different type of person in a different situation ( Stupid LE in Aruba ) and she had plenty of resources in MB and within her family to draw on. MB doesn't. Oh, if anyone in Aruba saw Beth smile or look nice or raise a glass it was reported that she was whooping it up. Same thing seems to be happening here.
I have alot of compassion for people and my perception of MB is that she is feeling terribly alone and desolate. We have all felt that way over less.

very true cat gram.  very true.  i have heard that she is bipolar as well and on meds.  do you know if she was on meds at the time she took the lie detector test?

TIA an angelic monkey

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #865 on: October 07, 2009, 09:51:59 PM »

Lindsey Baum’s father returned to Tennessee last weekend to attend to personal issues and sort out his possible deployment to Iraq, according to The Daily World of Aberdeen.

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott told the newspaper that Scott Baum, a member of the Tennessee National Guard who has orders to deploy to Iraq, headed home but hopes to remain in the country to help with the effort to find his 11-year-old daughter.

Scott said Baum had a round-trip ticket so he could return quickly if anything changed.

thanks Janet.  well that really doesn't answer the question does it?  ugggg.

(not you Janet, you get a  )

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: October 07, 2009, 09:59:35 PM »

MB :
She has no spouse there in the house to support her.There doesn't seem to be alot of family that were there for her before and they are not there now.
I know that I would do everything I could possibly think of, but this must be really wearing on a person's inner strength.
Where should she look ? Should she go and stand at the place where Lindsay last was and call her name ? Should she wear a groove in the sidewalk going over the last route ? Should she go door to door ? She has given all the info she has to LE. I assume LE has Lindsay's computer. She took a lie detector test and passed.
I came to this board because of Natalee Holloway. Beth Holloway was a different type of person in a different situation ( Stupid LE in Aruba ) and she had plenty of resources in MB and within her family to draw on. MB doesn't. Oh, if anyone in Aruba saw Beth smile or look nice or raise a glass it was reported that she was whooping it up. Same thing seems to be happening here.
I have alot of compassion for people and my perception of MB is that she is feeling terribly alone and desolate. We have all felt that way over less.

KAT, it is not that I don't have compassion for Melissa Baum. I do. But I did list some things that she might could do. And it seems she is more of a victim than Lindsey. Bi-polar or not, it still doesn't explain her passive stance. Refusing help when offered boggles my mind.

You are right, as I have never had a child missing. It is just so frustrating for all these months to have gone by and winter is coming.....Where's Lindsey. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #867 on: October 07, 2009, 09:59:36 PM »

MB :

Kat, I agree with what you are saying . . . I have compassion for her and I am positive she is feeling alone and desolate, and would, even if there were hundreds of people in the room.
Where should she look ? She should look every where, any where.  From the time Josh leaves for school till he comes home. Up the trails, down the streets, in the woods, at the community center.  To look is to reinforce her motherly instincts to find her precious child.  It would be good for her.  Should she go and stand at the place where Lindsay last was and call her name ? Why not, because people would call her crazy?  She is going crazy because her daughter isn't home.  Get a megaphone and shout "Help me bring my daughter home!"  Should she wear a groove in the sidewalk going over the last route ? Sure, hold up a sign, show her picture.  The more progressive and aggressive she acts, the better she will feel and the better she will cope. Should she go door to door ?   You betcha.  I would become a thorn in the side of LE, of my neighbors, of anyone and everyone.
I share the concern about her -- but to be passive will end up dragging her down even worse.  I want her to be as healthy as possible when Lindsey comes home.  She needs to put down the buttons and pick up herself (God, I know it's hard!), but she needs to do this for herself and her children.
It is just my opinion and I assuredly mean no harm.  I just want so much for her to move from being a victim (which isn't her fault) to being a woman of strength.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #868 on: October 07, 2009, 10:00:17 PM »

MB :

Kat ... I hear you.  You have a good heart.

an angelic monkey

However ... my focus is a missing little girl.  She deserves for her parents to be proactive in search for answers to her disappearance.  Sadly ... neither one appears to be and ... that makes me angry.

It also makes me angry that a little girl was allowed to walked the street of McCleary alone ... no protection from the dangers that lurk.

Janet

++++++

ABC News - June 30, 2009

Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house. When Lindsey's friend found out she couldn't stay the night, Lindsey headed for home around 9:30 p.m.

"When she wasn't home by 10, I started to get nervous," Baum said, adding that 10 p.m. is the curfew for her children.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

madibabe
Re: Lindsey Baum #2
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2009, 06:38:56 PM »

I have a friend that lives in Mccleary with a daughter thats the same age as Lindsey. They played to gether a few times but was later grounded from playing with lindsey due to the lack of perental supervision and her being out past dark ...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5627.msg874684;topicseen#msg874684

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: October 07, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »

I guess he could get his money back on his airplane ticket and send it to Melissa, since it doesn't look like he is doing anything to find Lindsey. Or is he? Who knows?

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #870 on: October 07, 2009, 10:04:13 PM »

smooch

((edit - inappropriate for a mp thread)) 

My aunt said it. I am just repeating it. 

Sister has her hands over her ears

I know. Am I going to he77? 

My aunt was really old when she said it. 
HEHEHEHE  OT i met my great aunt Gigi when i was 14? 15? and she was around 80?  she pulled out a box of old photos of herself and her friends in the '20's and OMG you wouldn't believe some of the she said they used to do....let me put it this way, the absolute best was when she said 'i couldn't imagine having an orgy now.  all those shrivled up old man penises.'  the entire time i was like OMG Aunt Gigi...

Sister has her hands over her ears, again

« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 10:21:58 PM by klaasend » Logged

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #871 on: October 07, 2009, 10:05:41 PM »

kinda is a conundrum considering a few locals have so much involvement with the Baum family and are SM members.  makes answering a qusetion, posting reasearch, or stating an oppinion very difficult at time. kwim?

Yep, mamacrazy, I agree. 

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #872 on: October 07, 2009, 10:10:42 PM »

now im confused
I have a friend that lives in Mccleary with a daughter thats the same age as Lindsey. They played to gether a few times but was later grounded from playing with lindsey due to the lack of perental supervision and her being out past dark ...

i thought someone at some time had posted that it was not dark at that time (the time Lindsey was walking home) in McCleary?  if its not dark at 9:30-9:45 then im assuming it gets dark at around 10?  10:30?  but Lindseys curfew was at 10?  so she wouldn't be out in the dark if she were home by her curfew?  all i know is that in AR in the summer it gets dusky at around 8:15-8:20.

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #873 on: October 07, 2009, 10:11:41 PM »

I guess he could get his money back on his airplane ticket and send it to Melissa, since it doesn't look like he is doing anything to find Lindsey. Or is he? Who knows?

Dad Baum is a joke in my opinion. What is so pathetic is how much sweet little Lindsey looks like him. He has not been there for Mom Baum or Lindsey prior to Lindsey's disappearance and certainly is not there for either of them now. Add to this the fact that he is stiffing Mom Baum for child support. He certainly did not appear disabled when he was in McCleary for his pop-in. Thank goodness I believe in Karma. As much as Nancy Grace gets on my last nerve, I would love for her to have a go at him on the national airwaves.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #874 on: October 07, 2009, 10:20:08 PM »

from what i understand he has re-married...now i wonder
1 do him and new wife have children
2 does new wife have children from past relationships?
3 MM stated that Lindsey and Josh are not the only children he is supporting
4 by supporting does that mean he had other children Before Lindsey and Josh or does it just mean children with new wife? 
5 was he married before he married to Melissa? 
i understand why he is not paying support for Lindsey (considering that letter the state sent) but if he has new family and is trying to get out of supporting old kids i think someone should put a little bug in his commanding officers ear. 
If him not working is true.

Anybody know?
TIA

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: October 07, 2009, 10:22:56 PM »

now im confused

i thought someone at some time had posted that it was not dark at that time (the time Lindsey was walking home) in McCleary?  if its not dark at 9:30-9:45 then im assuming it gets dark at around 10?  10:30?  but Lindseys curfew was at 10?  so she wouldn't be out in the dark if she were home by her curfew?  all i know is that in AR in the summer it gets dusky at around 8:15-8:20.

It may not have been dark/dark at that time of the night, but it was pretty close to it. It may stay lighter in Washington state later, but it was still way too late for a child her age walking alone the streets in a "safe" town. And it isn't second guessing. It is just common sense. Am I being judgmental. Darn straight I am. She wasn't safe. 

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #876 on: October 07, 2009, 10:25:30 PM »

Dad Baum is a joke in my opinion. What is so pathetic is how much sweet little Lindsey looks like him. He has not been there for Mom Baum or Lindsey prior to Lindsey's disappearance and certainly is not there for either of them now. Add to this the fact that he is stiffing Mom Baum for child support. He certainly did not appear disabled when he was in McCleary for his pop-in. Thank goodness I believe in Karma. As much as Nancy Grace gets on my last nerve, I would love for her to have a go at him on the national airwaves.
i don't know if he was there for Lindsey or not but as far as child support is concerned the state was paying it, and would is either reimburst by a fund, or garnishments on any pay he would receive.  Just from my understanding.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #877 on: October 07, 2009, 10:26:01 PM »

from what i understand he has re-married...now i wonder
1 do him and new wife have children
2 does new wife have children from past relationships?
3 MM stated that Lindsey and Josh are not the only children he is supporting
4 by supporting does that mean he had other children Before Lindsey and Josh or does it just mean children with new wife? 
5 was he married before he married to Melissa? 
i understand why he is not paying support for Lindsey (considering that letter the state sent) but if he has new family and is trying to get out of supporting old kids i think someone should put a little bug in his commanding officers ear. 
If him not working is true.

Anybody know?
TIA

IIRC
Melissa Baum is his second wife.
He has at least one other child, a daughter, by his first wife.
He re-married in June, and I believe his third wife has children.
I do not understand why he is not paying support for Lindsey and as was reported, the letter that was sent to her should not have been.
I do believe I read, do not know if it is true, that he was not current with his support before Lindsey went missing.

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #878 on: October 07, 2009, 10:27:12 PM »

One more........   

As she marked three months since her daughter vanished, Melissa Baum of McCleary got a disturbing letter from the state.

She was informed her ex-husband would no longer be required to pay child support for eleven year old Lindsey, because her child hadn't been home for three months.

"I still have to maintain a house for her, I still have to maintain a life for her. This is not a normal case. She is a child that has been abducted, she's missing." Baum said on Tuesday.

State child support spokesman Adolpho Capenstany says the letter sent to Melissa Baum was a form letter that routinely goes out after 90-days of a child being out of the home and he admits it should not have been sent in this case. "It's not a procedure that we would instigate in the manner it was, and it's also insensitive to a very difficult situation regarding a missing child." Capenstany said.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=218867

BUMP

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #879 on: October 07, 2009, 10:27:26 PM »

Sebastian, I don't recall that he was disabled.  Where did you read that, I may have just missed it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.