March 19, 2024, 01:05:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 6 10/4/09 - 1/27/10  (Read 566952 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #960 on: October 08, 2009, 12:41:54 PM »

Anybody have a comment?
  On 9/24 at 11:23 AM Kona(Tena) posts transcript of the Ron and Don show.  Anybody know how she found it and how accurate its is?  She became very good for a newbie.  I do not believe anything she posts since her family was being investigated and were closing in on them.  Why did she regester and jump in when members of her family were being questioned in connection with the disappearance of Lindsey?  It looks like misdirection to me.  Then what do I know.  shortcake

Shortcake it was asked if someone could post this comment. Since I am a member of both sites I volunteered.

It was I, Simmiefreak who transcribed the Ron and Don Show. I spent 13hrs in so so. I did it for Lindsey! I wanted to help in some way! There's recordings only last so long on their site, so we wanted to get it in writing by way of transcript. Is it accurate? Yes. If i didn't understand correctly, I said so. I may have put Dawn instead of Don, but it is as word for word as you can get.
Kona posted it because I am not a member at Scared Monkeys. I did it for Lindsey!!!!!!

I hope this clears up this misunderstanding.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #961 on: October 08, 2009, 12:42:20 PM »

I have a couple of questions that I have not found the answers to.  Does anybody know the name of the youth camp that Dale worked at.  We know he worked at the Beehive, but what was his second job?  Also where does MB work?  She is carpooling with someone in the area.  Is it a service center, chrises center.  Kinda sounded like it was some kind of telephone center?  Does anyone know?  shortcake
I would like to know those answers also. And thanks MM for your post, that helps.
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #962 on: October 08, 2009, 01:26:16 PM »

Anybody have a comment?
  On 9/24 at 11:23 AM Kona(Tena) posts transcript of the Ron and Don show.  Anybody know how she found it and how accurate its is?  She became very good for a newbie.  I do not believe anything she posts since her family was being investigated and were closing in on them.  Why did she regester and jump in when members of her family were being questioned in connection with the disappearance of Lindsey?  It looks like misdirection to me.  Then what do I know.  shortcake

Shortcake it was asked if someone could post this comment. Since I am a member of both sites I volunteered.

It was I, Simmiefreak who transcribed the Ron and Don Show. I spent 13hrs in so so. I did it for Lindsey! I wanted to help in some way! There's recordings only last so long on their site, so we wanted to get it in writing by way of transcript. Is it accurate? Yes. If i didn't understand correctly, I said so. I may have put Dawn instead of Don, but it is as word for word as you can get.
Kona posted it because I am not a member at Scared Monkeys. I did it for Lindsey!!!!!!

I hope this clears up this misunderstanding.

Thanks Tracygirl  That helps, I guess Kona was all over the forums giving out information.  I wonder when Kona joined whatever forum Simmiefreak and her had in common.  For someone who was 3rd generation local, maybe she needs to get out more often and get her directions down.  I do remember she said she couldn't look where DD thought they could find Lindsey because she had some kind if handicap.  Well when she is interviewed on TV, she does not show her face and I don't notice any problem from the neck down.  Why hide your face if everybody knows you in that small town?  So many problems with Kona.  Thank you again Tracygirl.  shortcake
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #963 on: October 08, 2009, 01:32:47 PM »

Shortcake...are you local?

Do you know Tab & Libby's niece?  Or her name to be able to search for a myspace.

Don't answer with her name because she is a minor. 
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #964 on: October 08, 2009, 01:34:18 PM »

Ok, my intent here isn't to criticize, isn't to make anyone mad at me, and hopefully I wont get banned for speaking my mind Smile but I feel compelled to respond to all the criticism and judgmental attitudes being leveled against Melissa Baum.  Quite frankly, I don't know what to say, but my tact has run dry.  So here goes, and I'll apologize in advance.

Other than speculating and judging and tossing around theories, some of which I find quite senseless, what has anyone here done to ACTIVELY find this little girl?  How many of you have participated in a search?  How many of you have donated money or supplies?  How many of you have offered services, like printing services? Has anyone made little bows to show support to send to the family?  Whenever someone comes up with something that may be material, what do I see?  Comments like, "Wow, I sure hope someone tells law enforcement about that?"  And then everyone scatters.  How does that help? Why don't you just do it instead of hoping someone else does?  Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

There are a lot of people here demanding answers.  Answers to what?  Answers to why we aren't being told everything?  Well, the answer to that is easy. Because none of us is wearing a badge, and none of us have the right to know everything. 

Do you demand an explanation for why Melissa Baum isn't aimlessly walking through the woods in a daze searching for her child?  If so, perhaps you can offer some suggestions as to where should she start, why should she start at that particular location (rather than the hundreds of locations that have already been searched by hundreds of dedicated, compassionate volunteers that have sacrificed their time to search for this precious child), and what she should do in the event she finds her little girl in the worst way imagineable.  Say, for example, there's any truth to the statement that Lindsey was murdered and dismembered.  I don't think I need to say any more.

With Klaas' indulgence, I request that we institute a new rule here.  If you say something negative about someone, then you also have to say something postive.  If you criticize someone's actions or inactions, then offer concrete suggestions on how and why you'd like to see that person's behavior change.  And I don't mean "I criticize MB for not searching.  I'd like to see her behavior change by starting to search."  That get's us nowhere.  Offer CONCRETE SUGGESTIONS about what can be done, that's not already being done, that can truly HELP find this little girl.  Criticizing Melissa Baum and asking rhetorical questions doesn't help even an iota toward helping find Lindsey.  And remember, until you've walked a MICRON, not a mile, not a step, not an inch, a MICRON in her shoes, you have no right to judge her.  People assume those whose children go missing are capable of rational thought.  Do you really think they have the ability to think as clearly, perceptibly and rationally as they did before their child went missing?  Do you really think that every person whose child goes missing acts in a standardized, predictable way?  If you do, I have news for you.  I also have a bridge in New York I'd like to sell you.

Ok, what do I base this "words not action" response on?  FACTS.  Like this.  When I announced I was putting together a reward poster for Nevaeh Buchanan, I received all kinds of offers to help, which I thought were quite gracious.  When I finally got the reward poster together and it was approved by all levels of law enforcement, I posted it.   Do you know how many people contacted me then?  Not one.  Zero. Zilch.  Nada.  I know most of you aren't local in Monroe and probably feel like you can't help.  But then why even make the offer?

So don't judge, lest thee be judged.  And if anyone can explain to me how beating up on a young, single, recently divorced mother of two children whose child is missing and who has probably programmed herself to expect the worst helps in any way to find that child, then I'm all ears, and I'll happy eat my words.

I'll apologize in advance, but my emotions have gotten the best of me.

shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #965 on: October 08, 2009, 01:35:42 PM »

Who requested Harry Oakes to get involved ?
Am I mistaken or did TG know a bit too much about Harry or was too interested in him considering what was later disclosed about stuff ? I might be way off base.
How did Harry get into this picture ?

Who got Harry involved seems to be a bit cloudy.  I seem to remember Kona was involved in getting him but they had to a relative or LE do the request.  I don't why, I would think anybody with the money could get Harry to search with his dogs, just like you could hire a private investagator.  But Kona seemed to know all about Harry and what he could devolve and she is no longer posting here.  shortcake
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #966 on: October 08, 2009, 01:36:19 PM »

Forgot, to the moderators--If I've overstepped my Monkey Privileges, I'm sorry.  Feel free to delete my post.

canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #967 on: October 08, 2009, 01:45:21 PM »

Ok, my intent here isn't to criticize, isn't to make anyone mad at me, and hopefully I wont get banned for speaking my mind Smile but I feel compelled to respond to all the criticism and judgmental attitudes being leveled against Melissa Baum.  Quite frankly, I don't know what to say, but my tact has run dry.  So here goes, and I'll apologize in advance.

Other than speculating and judging and tossing around theories, some of which I find quite senseless, what has anyone here done to ACTIVELY find this little girl?  How many of you have participated in a search?  How many of you have donated money or supplies?  How many of you have offered services, like printing services? Has anyone made little bows to show support to send to the family?  Whenever someone comes up with something that may be material, what do I see?  Comments like, "Wow, I sure hope someone tells law enforcement about that?"  And then everyone scatters.  How does that help? Why don't you just do it instead of hoping someone else does?  Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

There are a lot of people here demanding answers.  Answers to what?  Answers to why we aren't being told everything?  Well, the answer to that is easy. Because none of us is wearing a badge, and none of us have the right to know everything. 

Do you demand an explanation for why Melissa Baum isn't aimlessly walking through the woods in a daze searching for her child?  If so, perhaps you can offer some suggestions as to where should she start, why should she start at that particular location (rather than the hundreds of locations that have already been searched by hundreds of dedicated, compassionate volunteers that have sacrificed their time to search for this precious child), and what she should do in the event she finds her little girl in the worst way imagineable.  Say, for example, there's any truth to the statement that Lindsey was murdered and dismembered.  I don't think I need to say any more.

With Klaas' indulgence, I request that we institute a new rule here.  If you say something negative about someone, then you also have to say something postive.  If you criticize someone's actions or inactions, then offer concrete suggestions on how and why you'd like to see that person's behavior change.  And I don't mean "I criticize MB for not searching.  I'd like to see her behavior change by starting to search."  That get's us nowhere.  Offer CONCRETE SUGGESTIONS about what can be done, that's not already being done, that can truly HELP find this little girl.  Criticizing Melissa Baum and asking rhetorical questions doesn't help even an iota toward helping find Lindsey.  And remember, until you've walked a MICRON, not a mile, not a step, not an inch, a MICRON in her shoes, you have no right to judge her.  People assume those whose children go missing are capable of rational thought.  Do you really think they have the ability to think as clearly, perceptibly and rationally as they did before their child went missing?  Do you really think that every person whose child goes missing acts in a standardized, predictable way?  If you do, I have news for you.  I also have a bridge in New York I'd like to sell you.

Ok, what do I base this "words not action" response on?  FACTS.  Like this.  When I announced I was putting together a reward poster for Nevaeh Buchanan, I received all kinds of offers to help, which I thought were quite gracious.  When I finally got the reward poster together and it was approved by all levels of law enforcement, I posted it.   Do you know how many people contacted me then?  Not one.  Zero. Zilch.  Nada.  I know most of you aren't local in Monroe and probably feel like you can't help.  But then why even make the offer?

So don't judge, lest thee be judged.  And if anyone can explain to me how beating up on a young, single, recently divorced mother of two children whose child is missing and who has probably programmed herself to expect the worst helps in any way to find that child, then I'm all ears, and I'll happy eat my words.

shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #968 on: October 08, 2009, 01:45:48 PM »

Well said JessStar.  I agree that it is pointless to keep hammering MB when she was one of the first to pass a polygraph.  She had the local police involved by 11:00.  Seems like a concerned mother to me.  shortcake
shortcake
Scared Monkey

« Reply #969 on: October 08, 2009, 01:57:40 PM »

One last post before JessStar new rules go into effect.   Harry Oakes's email to Janet states "a dog hit on a death scent a 1/2 mi after leaving Beck ST, winds from the south".  Did he not follow that scent even if he did not know if it was Lindsey or not?  Seems like a good tracker would search out that scent to find the body.  After all winds change and it may be difficult to pick up the scent again.  This smacks of incompeteance.  Just had to get that out.  IMO  shortcake
Heidismom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #970 on: October 08, 2009, 02:05:03 PM »

OT.
Melissa, How is your baby feeling?  Hope your whole family is doing better.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #971 on: October 08, 2009, 02:07:26 PM »

One last post before JessStar new rules go into effect.   Harry Oakes's email to Janet states "a dog hit on a death scent a 1/2 mi after leaving Beck ST, winds from the south".  Did he not follow that scent even if he did not know if it was Lindsey or not?  Seems like a good tracker would search out that scent to find the body.  After all winds change and it may be difficult to pick up the scent again.  This smacks of incompeteance.  Just had to get that out.  IMO  shortcake

You know what, that's not really what I'm talking about.  That's actually a very good question shortcake.  That is, "did he not follow that scent even if he did not know if it was Lindsey or not?"  The answer to that question can actually be very helpful because, if the answer is "Yes, he did follow up on the scent," then that closes a loop.  If the answer is "No, he didn't," then you're right to question why he didn't because HO holds himself out as a professional.  He set the standard for himself.  We have all the right in the world to question whether he's living up to that standard.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #972 on: October 08, 2009, 02:10:10 PM »

JessStar, thank you for that reminder.

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #973 on: October 08, 2009, 02:39:48 PM »

You know what, that's not really what I'm talking about.  That's actually a very good question shortcake.  That is, "did he not follow that scent even if he did not know if it was Lindsey or not?"  The answer to that question can actually be very helpful because, if the answer is "Yes, he did follow up on the scent," then that closes a loop.  If the answer is "No, he didn't," then you're right to question why he didn't because HO holds himself out as a professional.  He set the standard for himself.  We have all the right in the world to question whether he's living up to that standard.

I disagree Jess,  Shortcake is attacking HO here. It would be great and very helpful to have this information, but it was not disclosed. Suddenly the man is incompetent because he won't tell us everything!  Geeze. HO did not disclose everything to us, but he did say he followed up with LE/FBI with additional information he had.  I think we have really overstepped our boundaries when we start "demanding' answers when we really have no right to that information.  That is a job for LE, not us.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
MelissaMcCann
Scared Monkey

One of the reasons I was born

« Reply #974 on: October 08, 2009, 02:40:59 PM »

OT.
Melissa, How is your baby feeling?  Hope your whole family is doing better.
thank you for asking. she is breathing easier today but grumpier than yesterday as her gums are all swollen, wish the darn tooth would just break through. I am doing my ' i wont get sick, i wont get sick' chant but i feel it wont be successful. my 18yr old said ysterday she is starting to feel icky, my bf is feeling a smidge better so he is on the downhill slide, the 10 yr old who started it was feeling better but ended up puking last nite. so far the 12 yr old is bouncin off  the walls so we will hpe it passes her by!

Jess, i have been saying that more or less several times but since it was coming from me and i am mb's life long friend, i was just being dismissed as 'sticking' up for her. so i appreciate hearing someone else saying give her a break

it is true there are things we are not allowed to disclose, as most people on here really arnt doing anything but throwing out ideas and theroies which is great that people want to but we definately dont owe them anything. i have no problem answering what i can but that is not why i ever came on here to begin with. it was to defend myself, my family, and mb and her family because some of the bs does get so far off base and i say what i can to straighten it out but many things hurt MB getting donations for the search because some people are just small minded and easily influenced i guess and have no real clue as to what mb goes though. that statement is not directed at any specific people at all, just a general one towards all forum posters who hopefully will never have to walk in mb's shoes.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #975 on: October 08, 2009, 02:44:24 PM »

I disagree Jess,  Shortcake is attacking HO here. It would be great and very helpful to have this information, but it was not disclosed. Suddenly the man is incompetent because he won't tell us everything!  Geeze. HO did not disclose everything to us, but he did say he followed up with LE/FBI with additional information he had.  I think we have really overstepped our boundaries when we start "demanding' answers when we really have no right to that information.  That is a job for LE, not us.

Thanks for the clarification AZ.  I'm not all that aware of HO's involvement.  Being uninformed, I should have remained quiet.  Thank you.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #976 on: October 08, 2009, 02:49:50 PM »

great post JessStar...

on Nevaeh's poster...I was unable to go to that link to print the poster off...I did try...I think that I even posted something about not being able to print the poster...Your efforts were not overlooked...I haven't been in that thread recently, so I don't know if another link was provided..I will go check now...thanks for the reminder kind person...

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #977 on: October 08, 2009, 03:00:17 PM »

great post JessStar...

on Nevaeh's poster...I was unable to go to that link to print the poster off...I did try...I think that I even posted something about not being able to print the poster...Your efforts were not overlooked...I haven't been in that thread recently, so I don't know if another link was provided..I will go check now...thanks for the reminder kind person...

Thanks cookie.  I was not talking about you.  You have been nothing but supportive, and I thank you for that.  There were individuals that contacted me directly at first, and I never heard from them again.

For the record, while I thank you for recognizing my efforts, I am not in this to get the gold star on my forehead.

Take care.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #978 on: October 08, 2009, 03:04:55 PM »

great post JessStar...

Thanks cookie.  I was not talking about you.  You have been nothing but supportive, and I thank you for that.  There were individuals that contacted me directly at first, and I never heard from them again.

For the record, while I thank you for recognizing my efforts, I am not in this to get the gold star on my forehead.

Take care.

I understand Jess...you speak from your heart...I know that you are not trying to get a gold star on your forehead..there wouldn't be room cause you  have a bunch of them on there already! imo... an angelic monkey

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #979 on: October 08, 2009, 03:18:45 PM »

Bolded by me..

Ermmm.. Jess made 'a suggestion' for a new rule.  Suggestions can be presented to Admin, who makes the decisions on rules, incl when they go into effect, etc.   

Just saying.. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.