March 28, 2024, 12:02:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 6 10/4/09 - 1/27/10  (Read 567707 times)
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1880 on: January 12, 2010, 08:09:11 PM »

this one might be better as it explains the topo map...

http://truecrimes.50.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=102

I have not looked at this stuff in awhile. 

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1881 on: January 12, 2010, 08:16:21 PM »

Thank you Sister for answering my question. I know what you mean about going back and forth, I think that is because there are many issues other then just Lindsey. We have drug addicts, people with mental disabilities, mothers who are not acting as mothers and a whole bunch of liers. Mix that all together and you get 

BTW, CPS needs to come in and evaluate the situation for Josh to ensure his safety. I am very uncomfortable with the fact he still roams around the area after so much has been discovered about how he is treated. That is a bad situation just waiting to happen.

Tracygirl, I am guessing it is because of MB's behavior that the family is not involved.  Apparently there was a real falling out.  My heart aches for this young man, God only knows what verbal abuse he may be enduring.

But wasn't MB at her families house over Thanksgiving? Do you mean since then? maybe things are different in Washington state then here in California for children with special needs because if he lived here in this state his school would have already called CPS to investigate. Where are his service providers? His teachers? His counselors? His doctor? In this country we have safeguards in place to help protect these kids when the parents can't or refuse to. There are a lot of people responsible for that boy and pretty much everyone is failing him. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1882 on: January 12, 2010, 10:19:35 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1883 on: January 12, 2010, 10:25:54 PM »

Thank you Sister for answering my question. I know what you mean about going back and forth, I think that is because there are many issues other then just Lindsey. We have drug addicts, people with mental disabilities, mothers who are not acting as mothers and a whole bunch of liers. Mix that all together and you get 

BTW, CPS needs to come in and evaluate the situation for Josh to ensure his safety. I am very uncomfortable with the fact he still roams around the area after so much has been discovered about how he is treated. That is a bad situation just waiting to happen.

Hi Tracygirl!
I could not agree with you more! My sympathy for these negligent parents has come to a screeching halt! There have too many missing children lately! Parents who do not watch their children's internet activity, parents who do not supervise their children at all, and then the really sickening parents who get involved with known sex offenders. There are also too many children who have gone missing without any fault of the parents. All of these cases are so sad and way too plentiful. We all know about the dangers out there. Anyone who would send a young girl out into the streets of McCleary unsupervised is just asking for trouble. To continue this with another child is unfathomable. Where the heck is Child Protective Services? When are the children going to be protected? You would think that with all of the media coverage the powers that be would be watching MB and her son. I just don't get it!
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1884 on: January 12, 2010, 10:27:06 PM »

Tracygirl, I am guessing it is because of MB's behavior that the family is not involved.  Apparently there was a real falling out.  My heart aches for this young man, God only knows what verbal abuse he may be enduring.

But wasn't MB at her families house over Thanksgiving? Do you mean since then? maybe things are different in Washington state then here in California for children with special needs because if he lived here in this state his school would have already called CPS to investigate. Where are his service providers? His teachers? His counselors? His doctor? In this country we have safeguards in place to help protect these kids when the parents can't or refuse to. There are a lot of people responsible for that boy and pretty much everyone is failing him. 
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1885 on: January 12, 2010, 10:29:24 PM »

Sister is so right! I received internet messages from a family member of MB's on another forum. They are frustrated with MB and have been for a very long time. I am begging MB's family and those who live in McCleary to ignore MB and her lack of action and remember that the life of an innocent child is at stake. Please do not stop trying to help out this beautiful little girl because of the lack of actions of her mother. She needs to be found!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1886 on: January 13, 2010, 12:29:43 AM »

Hi Tracygirl!
I could not agree with you more! My sympathy for these negligent parents has come to a screeching halt! There have too many missing children lately! Parents who do not watch their children's internet activity, parents who do not supervise their children at all, and then the really sickening parents who get involved with known sex offenders. There are also too many children who have gone missing without any fault of the parents. All of these cases are so sad and way too plentiful. We all know about the dangers out there. Anyone who would send a young girl out into the streets of McCleary unsupervised is just asking for trouble. To continue this with another child is unfathomable. Where the heck is Child Protective Services? When are the children going to be protected? You would think that with all of the media coverage the powers that be would be watching MB and her son. I just don't get it!

I don't think I meant what I said as harshly as you put it, but I can understand your point. I think what keeps me from wanting to ram my foot up MB behind is the fact she has a diagnosis of bipolar. I have know many people with this dx from mild to severe and going it alone is not their strong suit.
 I think in every one of the cases on this forum we can lay blame on the parents and caretakers, we can ask the question why this and why not that. To me it doesn't do any good. I don't know, I guess I see it differently. Of course if MB had done this to Lindsey then I of course would be singing a different tune.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1887 on: January 13, 2010, 12:53:43 AM »

Hi Tracygirl!

I don't think I meant what I said as harshly as you put it, but I can understand your point. I think what keeps me from wanting to ram my foot up MB behind is the fact she has a diagnosis of bipolar. I have know many people with this dx from mild to severe and going it alone is not their strong suit.
 I think in every one of the cases on this forum we can lay blame on the parents and caretakers, we can ask the question why this and why not that. To me it doesn't do any good. I don't know, I guess I see it differently. Of course if MB had done this to Lindsey then I of course would be singing a different tune.

I guess I am harsh because I am so tired of seeing these cases over and over. I am not a perfect parent, no one is. I am not just aggrevated with MB, but with her ex as well. Instead of starting a new family, he should have taken care of the one that he already had. He knows MB's shortcomings, but where is he now? I guess I am tired of children being tossed aside and treated worse than some people's pets. These children do not get the care or supervision that they need and the Government rarely steps up to the plate either. Who is supposed to protect these kids? It is not being done by anyone! It makes me crazy. It is so unfair. It is also extremely sad to me that these children apparently do not have other family members willing to step up to the plate either. If one of my siblings were not taking care of their kids, I would be trying to get custody. PERIOD. It is not just Lindsey. There are so many children that are not cared for and are pretty much on their own at a very young age. It is work to watch over your kids and tell them no. It is tiring monitoring them and keeping tabs on them. But if you bring a child into this world, it is your job. If you are not doing your job as a parent, you should be held accountable so that there are safety nets in place for that innocent child. JMO
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1888 on: January 13, 2010, 12:40:09 PM »

I know it is frustrating, isn't it? It is so easy to prevent a child being kidnapped, just don't allow them to be alone and watch their activities, such as being online.
My kids do not go anywhere without me or my husband. They do not walk to school, I drive them always and will always drive them. They do not walk alone to or from a friends house, I go with them or pick them up. They do not have a myspace page and will not either. They are not allowed on the open internet or chatrooms. I input the websites they want to visit so I can monitor their activities. They also do not spend the night at other peoples home, not now at thier age. Am I mean? Am I an over protective mom? Who cares, it is my job to make sure they make it to adulthood. I also explain to them why and they understand.

In regards to MB family, I don't understand turning my back on family. Me or my siblings would never do that regardless of how much we drive one another crazy. Josh needs someone to help protect him. His mother needs help, it is their job to help out, period. And the dad? Well don't get me started on him.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1889 on: January 13, 2010, 04:34:21 PM »

Tracygirl and Sebastian, I agree with what you both are saying.  Bottom line for me is this, if being bipolar prevents MB from taking adequate care of her son, then CPS needs to step in.  That's what they are there for.  Should the family step in?  Unfortunately, CPS has more authority to remove a child than a family member does.  Now, should the family go to CPS and file a complaint, yes, yes, yes.  Will doing so alienate MB, yes, yes, yes.  But if she is so non-functional then for the sake of the child, he needs to be with people who can help him.  Possibly, his father would step up to the plate and let him live with him in Tennessee.  It very well may be that Lindsey's disappearance coupled with her being bi-polar has put her over the edge.  Obviously she can't work anymore.  The family's priority needs to be JB.  As far as MB, you know and I know if someone doesn't want your help, you can't give it.  However, there are folks in a position to help JB and I hope someone will put aside other agendas and begin to provide the help and guidance this young man needs.  Wagging fingers at MB or him is no support for this young man.

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1890 on: January 13, 2010, 04:39:47 PM »

Tracygirl and Sebastian, I agree with what you both are saying.  Bottom line for me is this, if being bipolar prevents MB from taking adequate care of her son, then CPS needs to step in.  That's what they are there for.  Should the family step in?  Unfortunately, CPS has more authority to remove a child than a family member does.  Now, should the family go to CPS and file a complaint, yes, yes, yes.  Will doing so alienate MB, yes, yes, yes.  But if she is so non-functional then for the sake of the child, he needs to be with people who can help him.  Possibly, his father would step up to the plate and let him live with him in Tennessee.  It very well may be that Lindsey's disappearance coupled with her being bi-polar has put her over the edge.  Obviously she can't work anymore.  The family's priority needs to be JB.  As far as MB, you know and I know if someone doesn't want your help, you can't give it.  However, there are folks in a position to help JB and I hope someone will put aside other agendas and begin to provide the help and guidance this young man needs.  Wagging fingers at MB or him is no support for this young man.

Hi Sister,
Was it you that brought forward a case that was filed in November where MB is the defendant? Perhaps JB's father has filed for custody?
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1891 on: January 13, 2010, 04:46:27 PM »

Sebastian, yes, I'll try to find it again.  But it was not civil, looked more like a traffic/auto violation.  But I'm not positive of the codes, etc.
I'll find it later tonight.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1892 on: January 13, 2010, 07:12:07 PM »

I completely agree with what you have said.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1893 on: January 13, 2010, 09:10:32 PM »

Can't help but wonder if anything became of the other search warrants that were suppose to be executed.  Anyone hear anything about that?
Also have found this information and can't help but wonder what this is about.

Case Number Person Name File Date Participant Code Status
I00013205 Baum, Melissa Carol 11-30-09 Defendant Open

My, I sure wish Lindsey would be found and one of the mods could move this whole thing to the "Found Safe" thread.

Hi Sister,
You can dig up things that are amazing! This really makes me take pause. So, to me, it looks like Melissa B has an open ended case? She is the defendant? How very very interesting! What is your assesment?

Sebastian, this is what was found.

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1894 on: January 13, 2010, 10:38:41 PM »

Can't help but wonder if anything became of the other search warrants that were suppose to be executed.  Anyone hear anything about that?

My, I sure wish Lindsey would be found and one of the mods could move this whole thing to the "Found Safe" thread.

Hi Sister,
You can dig up things that are amazing! This really makes me take pause. So, to me, it looks like Melissa B has an open ended case? She is the defendant? How very very interesting! What is your assesment?

Hi Sister,
Thank you. I have no idea what it means though. I think you are probably right about it being some sort of traffic violation. There is going to be a walk-a-thon for Amber Dubois on February 13th at the Escondido High School. There should be a big crowd. There will be a silent auction and other things as well. I wish someone in McCleary could get something big going on Lindsey's case so that she would get more media coverage. It also sounds as if LE in McCleary is having to reach into their pockets to cover some expenses such as flyers and such. I wish that there could be more money generated for Lindsey so that more could be gone to get her name and picture out there.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1895 on: January 14, 2010, 12:33:46 AM »

Hi Sister,

Hi Sister,
Thank you. I have no idea what it means though. I think you are probably right about it being some sort of traffic violation. There is going to be a walk-a-thon for Amber Dubois on February 13th at the Escondido High School. There should be a big crowd. There will be a silent auction and other things as well. I wish someone in McCleary could get something big going on Lindsey's case so that she would get more media coverage. It also sounds as if LE in McCleary is having to reach into their pockets to cover some expenses such as flyers and such. I wish that there could be more money generated for Lindsey so that more could be gone to get her name and picture out there.

I agree.  Too many of these cases are losing steam.  Lindsey continues to touch my heart.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1896 on: January 14, 2010, 01:32:26 AM »

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1897 on: January 14, 2010, 01:44:24 AM »

Hi Sister,
As far as "wagging fingers at MB", this is where you and I are going to have to respectfully disagree. First of all, I have never blamed Josh for anything. As far as MB goes, I am sick and tired of these negligent parents getting a pass. I am sorry that Lindsey is missing, I am sorry that any parent has to go through this, but I am MOST sorry for Lindsey. Lindsey is a child, plain and simple. Lindsey deserved to be protected. No one protected her. Not her mother, not her father, not her extended family and not CPS or any other Government Agency. This is a pattern. A very ugly, nasty pattern. If we as a society continue to give all involved a pass, these stories are going to continue. This was NOT a whim. This was not the first time that Lindsey had been left alone unattented, BELIEVE ME. All of those around Lindsey were fully aware of the situation and as far as I can see, no one stepped up to the plate to protect Lindsey. All of those around Lindsey are now telling lies, spreading rumors and half truths and leaving Josh now to his own devices. I think all of those close to Lindsey and Josh should be very ashamed of themselves. They should also be doing EVERYTHING and ANYTHING to try to help bring her home. This goes for the people in McCleary as well. They too knew the situation. There are exceptions of course. What are they doing now? NOTHING! If wagging my finger will get someone off of their rear end to try to do something to help AN INNOCENT, LITTLE ANGLE, than so be it.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1898 on: January 14, 2010, 10:34:14 AM »

Hi Sister,

Hi Sister,

Sebastian, this is just my personal opinion, but from the get-go there has been a cloud over the donations and what it is being used for.  The "Reward" money is just that -- for a reward.  But how other money was used, spent, distributed, etc. remains a mystery, coupled with money "supposedly" being used in a slush fund for things other than searches.  There was talk of some kind of foundation.  MB and her crew somehow think there is no accountability about people's hard-earned money being used.  If so, they would have posted on one of their sites an accounting to remove any shred of doubt.  They won't, because at one time one of the friends moved some of the money from the slush fund into her business account and then MB took the money, and we know not what for.  There are lots of people who would give generously to help find this precious child.  Personally, I will not contribute a dime nor a penny so someone can sit on their butt, drink their coffee, and be a victim.  Such conduct is ok for a while, but in my opinion, that time has long past.  I am so grateful the local LE is bringing in some help and hopefully these big guns will help bring Lindsey home.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1899 on: January 14, 2010, 10:51:12 AM »

Hi Sister,
As far as "wagging fingers at MB", this is where you and I are going to have to respectfully disagree. First of all, I have never blamed Josh for anything. As far as MB goes, I am sick and tired of these negligent parents getting a pass. I am sorry that Lindsey is missing, I am sorry that any parent has to go through this, but I am MOST sorry for Lindsey. Lindsey is a child, plain and simple. Lindsey deserved to be protected. No one protected her. Not her mother, not her father, not her extended family and not CPS or any other Government Agency. This is a pattern. A very ugly, nasty pattern. If we as a society continue to give all involved a pass, these stories are going to continue. This was NOT a whim. This was not the first time that Lindsey had been left alone unattented, BELIEVE ME. All of those around Lindsey were fully aware of the situation and as far as I can see, no one stepped up to the plate to protect Lindsey. All of those around Lindsey are now telling lies, spreading rumors and half truths and leaving Josh now to his own devices. I think all of those close to Lindsey and Josh should be very ashamed of themselves. They should also be doing EVERYTHING and ANYTHING to try to help bring her home. This goes for the people in McCleary as well. They too knew the situation. There are exceptions of course. What are they doing now? NOTHING! If wagging my finger will get someone off of their rear end to try to do something to help AN INNOCENT, LITTLE ANGLE, than so be it.

Sebastian, we agree, I just phrased it wrong.  The "wagging the fingers" meant just talking about helping JB or just talking about having MB being accountable, "wagging fingers" accomplish nothing because what are they doing, nothing.  I absolutely, 100% agree -- this free pass business is crap.  Yet this begs the questions to which I don't have the answers -- how do you get people to step up and do the right thing?  How do you get people to put aside their prima dona agendas and focus on Lindsey?  How do you get people to remember why they are in the limelight?  How do you get some of these people to graduate from their "high school mentality of a scavenger hunt" to a mature, focused attitude for the greater good -- to find Lindsey.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.