March 28, 2024, 01:17:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 6 10/4/09 - 1/27/10  (Read 567724 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1360 on: October 28, 2009, 10:28:58 PM »

All I was trying to do was make a point about posting private emails. It never even occured to me until earlier in the week when I was with Carrie how this could possibly affect a potential lead from coming in. When you are sitting in a car, late at night, staring at the last place that a 15 year old was seen, over 8 months ago, it gives you pause. It is a horrible feeling to say the least. You just know that someone had to have seen something, and then you wonder why no one has called a single thing in that would give a clue as to what happened to that person. I did not mention the "private email" thing to distract attention away from Lindseys case. I did not realize, obviously, that it was so offensive to some. I was just under the impression that everyone here wants these children found and they would not want to partake in anything that might hinder a lead from coming in. I guess I was wrong in my assumption as this is still being debated.

Sebastian, as much as I wish it were so, I do no think everyone here wants to find Lindsay. Sad but true. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1361 on: October 28, 2009, 10:59:06 PM »

Hi Jademoff,
Do you know of any Baskett family in McCleary?
I'm sure glad you're here Sebastian.  We love our locals, Ya Ya
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1362 on: October 28, 2009, 11:17:59 PM »

Hi Peeps,  Posting info about the searches could waylay the investigation if the unsub is reading about the case online to see whaz up.  Perps do keep track of their cases as we know.  And forbid the thought he has read something that makes him decide to go move the remains or go out and plant false evidence.

I don't know if those posts at TC were edited {not accusing anyone of that}.  It is unimaginable to me JennO would breach the trust she has been given with info on the searches.  I just have to reserve judgement on that for now.  But I think even posting them here or anywhere could jeopardize LE's advantage in searching and DD should have in good taste deleted them.  Just my opinion and I am sometimes kind of a fuddy duddy   Monkey Devil!

However ~ if LE does have someone in mind for the crime they'll surely be watching any moves he might make now with this info out.  The guy could have gone just one logging road over and want to check it out to see if it still looks safe.  WHEW
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1363 on: October 29, 2009, 05:53:34 PM »

Search enters fifth month

Investigators now hope hunters may find new evidence as the search for 11-year-old Lindsey Baum enters its fifth month this week.

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said local hunters start combing through the woods this time of year, stalking in remote areas that may have been missed in the search for the missing McCleary girl.

“Be looking for more than just deer,” he said.

Hundreds of deputies, officials and volunteers scoured rural areas around McCleary in the days after Lindsey disappeared, but authorities hope hunters wandering deep into the woods may stumble upon new evidence.

“If they see anything suspicious — call us,” he said.

Lindsey disappeared June 26 while walking a short distance along a residential street from her friend’s house to her home. Despite hundreds of tips and dozens of searches, investigators have found no evidence to explain her disappearance.

The brown-haired 4-foot-9 girl was wearing a light blue hooded shirt and blue jeans when she went missing. Authorities believe she is the victim of an abduction.

Scott said privately organized volunteer searches have continued on recent weekends throughout the past couple months.

Those searches have been well attended, he said, but they have unfortunately not produced any significant information for investigators.

Scott said a short segment on Lindsey included on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” provided some national exposure, but investigators did not see any increase in tips.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is still working with the Sheriff’s Office on the case, he said. Investigators have hundreds of tips to pursue.

“We’re continuing to follow up,” he said.

Anyone who might have any information about the whereabouts of Lindsey Baum should call 1-866-915-8299 or via e-mail soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us. Information may also be mailed to PO Box 305 McCleary, 98557.

The ChildSeek Network has also put up a Web site about Baum at: http://www.childseeknetwork.com/kids/Baum.htm.

http://**/articles/2009/10/29/local_news/doc4ae9d8fd19db4777367746.txt

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1364 on: October 29, 2009, 06:28:55 PM »

Praying for you sweet Lindsey
 an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1365 on: October 29, 2009, 08:53:58 PM »

Hi Jademoff,

Hi Scandi,
Anything new?
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1366 on: October 29, 2009, 09:57:49 PM »

All I was trying to do was make a point about posting private emails. It never even occured to me until earlier in the week when I was with Carrie how this could possibly affect a potential lead from coming in. When you are sitting in a car, late at night, staring at the last place that a 15 year old was seen, over 8 months ago, it gives you pause. It is a horrible feeling to say the least. You just know that someone had to have seen something, and then you wonder why no one has called a single thing in that would give a clue as to what happened to that person. I did not mention the "private email" thing to distract attention away from Lindseys case. I did not realize, obviously, that it was so offensive to some. I was just under the impression that everyone here wants these children found and they would not want to partake in anything that might hinder a lead from coming in. I guess I was wrong in my assumption as this is still being debated.

Sebastian, there is no offense, there is no debate -- it was a legitimate question regarding the rules of the board.  that's all.  The question was simple, are private e-mails allowed to be copied on the board?  Since I have been here, the question had never come up before to my knowledge.  Klaas kindly answered that question.
There are a lot of people who care very much about Lindsey and are praying that she comes home.  Do some not care, I don't know because I am one of many, many that do care . . . just like you.

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1367 on: October 30, 2009, 01:06:19 AM »

Hi Jademoff,

Hi Scandi,
Anything new?

Hi Sebastian, Not that I know of except the rain has set in with a vengence here in Portland so it is probably the same up in SW Wa too.  I am ready for another shoe to drop!

When there is nothing new I always use that time to go back to the scene of the crime as we know it and take what has been learned, then apply it. 

I read a post last week where they said acc to what the dogs trailed, they didn't believe Lindsey ever left Kara's house - alive that would have to be, as she certainly couldn't be there dead.  Except the astrological theory is she was moved once. 

I don't believe that is the case, as acc to witness/es she was seen walking down Maple east from Kara's.  That witness supposedly works/has worked with Lindsey's mom, so why would she lie about that?  I don't think she lied.  And I can't exactly remember how the Affidavit stated it but we did learn in a link she was last seen in front of the Beehive.  The main entrance to the Beehive is on 6th, not Maple.

Then we learn the police searched the property kiddy corner from the Beehive 6x's.  They had to have a reason to believe Lindsey had walked in front of his house on 6th and turned east on the dedicated but unpaved Fir St.  We saw Mr Mullins out in front of his shop as the camera panned out on the vacant field to the south.  There was talk of a creek where the kids played which we have since learned is a big ditch that fills up with water and it was not a favorite spot for the kids to hang.  It amounted to nothing, but I still believe the reason they searched in the first place is valid.  She was either seen walking south on 6th or the dogs gave that indication.  LE didn't tell us everything they learned from their dogs IMO, leaving the Oakes dogs out of this discussion.

Since that is what we have that I can see, I take that area from 6th and Maple down to 6th and Fir the area of the scene of the crime.  I haven't even heard any rumors about where she could have gone from there except Kara said one of the first places she looked for her was at Libby's house.

Anything else has to be qualified as to it's truth as stories put out there did change.  Like is it really true one witness saw Lindsey coming {sent Jason home} to Kara's and also leaving, was standing out in the yard at a house a few doors east from Kara's and the home where she was visiting has a son who might be friends with the once POI in the case?  And that this witness also saw something she didn't want made public for fear for her own safety if she did?  That would be major if it were true.  It could be what got LE started on investigating DG.  We don't know as none of this info has come from LE although we know they didn't put everything they learned into the affidavit.  Why would they put out more than needed to show probable cause for a SW?  They had plenty.

So that is where my thoughts go now.  I have called around quite abit in McCleary, talked to the city, several people at Straddleline Park, the guys at the Shell station store, every restaurant or place that sells alcohol to try and see if anyone bellying up to the bar knows anything about this person or that one.  What I have come away with is that McCleary is a little community where the streets seem to roll up after dark, doesn't have hardly any hot drinking spots like Aberdeen or Hoquim do and there are allot of people who live there who are interconnected in some way thru lineage or marriage.  If there is a sinister tone there I don't see it except they will protect their own if need be and I bet it is the same in most other small communities.  xox
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1368 on: October 30, 2009, 01:18:18 AM »

To clarify in my post above, I don't think that block is THE scene of the crime but rather leads to it.

I'd like to know why LE thought they would find evidence at the Golder properties IF it is true the dogs hit on the house on Cedar.  I read it is a very nice couple who live there, and the possibility of another man who either lives there with them or possibly used that address at one time.  Don't know yet. 

I'd also like to know if the house on Cedar was searched.

I have a lot of 'want to know's'      XOX
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1369 on: October 30, 2009, 01:24:59 AM »

Last post I promise, as 3 posts in a row say it is time to go.   

On Mr Mullin's property there is a sizable shop.  I read he has a search and rescue type business where he uses heavy equipment in his work.  That seems like an interesting thing to look into considering they searched his property so thoroughly, right?
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1370 on: October 30, 2009, 02:09:25 AM »

I Googled that and it was Momtective who found that and the PO Box links to Mr Mullin.  Sorry I can't provide a link but my little mouse just stopped c & p'ing.  I put in Jim Mullin + search and rescue + mccleary wa.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1371 on: October 30, 2009, 11:45:54 AM »

Hi Scandi,
I find your observations really interesting! I would like to add to them. There was a radio talk show host, (Ron & Don Show?) I believe. He came into McCleary and stood at the last place that Lindsey was seen, which I believes corresponds with the last place that you are speaking of. He stated that after standing at THIS spot and talking to many locals he came to a big conclusion. He never said what it was. He contacted his friends in LE and the FBI. It was shortly there after that the raid took place on the Golder residence. Maybe just a coincidence?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1372 on: October 30, 2009, 12:54:15 PM »

Hi Scandi,
I find your observations really interesting! I would like to add to them. There was a radio talk show host, (Ron & Don Show?) I believe. He came into McCleary and stood at the last place that Lindsey was seen, which I believes corresponds with the last place that you are speaking of. He stated that after standing at THIS spot and talking to many locals he came to a big conclusion. He never said what it was. He contacted his friends in LE and the FBI. It was shortly there after that the raid took place on the Golder residence. Maybe just a coincidence?
I remember reading that. I've been waiting to see if he were going to comment further, but I have not seen anything 
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1373 on: October 30, 2009, 02:02:08 PM »

Good Morning Sebastian and Norose,

I had forgotten about the guy from the Ron and Don radio show and his comments.  Great catch Sebastian ;}   It must be that whatever he learned and told LE he was asked not to make public if it was just not an observatiion but was info learned from someone who lived right there.

We know the Beehive takes up the whole block between Maple and Fir.  Across the street from the Beehive on 6th there are only 2 properties in that block, the Mayor who lives on the NW corner and Jim Mullin who lives on the SW corner respectively.  It looks to me like the Mayor's house fronts on 6th as does the Mullin house.  If Lindsey walked south on 6th she would have passed in front of both properties as Fir is the next street after Maple where she could exit to the East IMO, towards home.   Mr Self who saw nothing also was said to live on 6th and Maple and I never learned which home he lives in.  Do we know if the SO Self is related to him?

That is interesting when laid out like that.  I don't know if the homes in the Beehive have a view of 6th, but it is a place Lindsey was familiar with as her friend's mom worked there and it was written I think in the Affidavit that several staff and residents knew her.

What that boils down I am not really sure of, except that I think LE believe she walked that alternate route instead of down Maple on her way home.  It does place her walking past the Mayor's house time wise as he was just home from his party at the time she had just left Kara's.  We don't know if Mullin saw her but he knew her.  Mr Self said he didn't see her and I think he might live on either the N side of Maple and 6th or in the property on the NE corner of Maple and 5th, adjacent to the Mayor.  His not seeing her might also be interesting if he didn't see her walk past, giving more credence to the theory she turned S on 6th instead of going down Maple.

I wonder if the radio host talked to either the Mayor or Mullin?  Was there a resident at the Beehive who saw her?  Did any of these people hear the loud pipes of a car?  Could that car have been parked between 6th and 7th on Maple when Lindsey walked past and it freaked her out so she decided to take that alternate route.  Did that white car realize she was walking home and caught up with her say down off Main St and cornered her?  Just speculation, but I wish we knew those answers.

If either the Mayor or Mullin had something to do with her being abducted I'll eat my hat!  I still think all this might prove she did take that alternate route up 6th and east on Fir.  That leaves allot of area between 6th and Fir and her home to figure out where the actual crime scene is.

I also read Lindsey and friends had been up to the water tower 3 days before she disappeared.  Did they get there the back way off of Mommosen [sp] or from the main road off 3rd that goes up there?  Originally we learned the dogs scented her up in that area and I just read that again at DD's site, and also alerted to at the house on Cedar which is close to that main road going up to the WT.  xox

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1374 on: October 30, 2009, 02:18:43 PM »

Scandi thanks for the informative post. Lindsey and her friends going to the water tower days before she went missing I must have missed. I remember very early on I asked about the water tower, and then there was a big explanation of how they would know if someone fell in it, so I just figured all that was checked. Is there anyway, anyway possible that something like that could have happened? The more this goes on, the more I'm wondering different things, I still am not sure if I believe a SO took Lindsey, I'm all over the place with different thoughts. Is there anyway, that she could have gone in the woods, or anywhere that she could have had a terrible accident, and her body would not be discovered? I guess by now if that happened, she would have been found, just wondering   
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1375 on: October 30, 2009, 02:18:50 PM »

Now that I've written that I had another thought, just to fill in a bit.

With the Mayor, didn't we read he had a previous accusation of sexual indiscretion with a young girl?  It was dropped or nothing came of it, but could that be because he was a figure of authority, a teacher I think at the time?  If he had that in his makeup could it have raised it's ugly head?  He had just been at a party.  Was he drinking?  Was that retirement party held at the Beehive or does anyone know where?

Then with Mr Mullin.  If what Momtective found is true and he is linked to the SAR co,  which mentions they use ATV vehicles in their operation, it would certainly match Mr Oakes report emailed to someone that stated he believed she was taken up to a logging road off Beck on a motorcycle or ATV vehicle.  Just an odd COINKYDINK, but I don't think I have read about Mullin and the SAR being even discussed.  It is very interesting IMO.  How could we find out more about that?  Could that be another reason LE searched his property so many times.  Also with the possibility she was moved once, could she have been stored on his property for a short time till she could be moved out of the area.

Remember I said I'd eat my hat.  lol  Just thinking is all.  xox
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1376 on: October 30, 2009, 02:24:16 PM »

With the Mayor, didn't we read he had a previous accusation of sexual indiscretion with a young girl?  It was dropped or nothing came of it, but could that be because he was a figure of authority, a teacher I think at the time?  If he had that in his makeup could it have raised it's ugly head?  He had just been at a party.  Was he drinking?  Was that retirement party held at the Beehive or does anyone know where?

Then with Mr Mullin.  If what Momtective found is true and he is linked to the SAR co,  which mentions they use ATV vehicles in their operation, it would certainly match Mr Oakes report emailed to someone that stated he believed she was taken up to a logging road off Beck on a motorcycle or ATV vehicle.  Just an odd COINKYDINK, but I don't think I have read about Mullin and the SAR being even discussed.  It is very interesting IMO.  How could we find out more about that?  Could that be another reason LE searched his property so many times.  Also with the possibility she was moved once, could she have been stored on his property for a short time till she could be moved out of the area.

Great questions, and somehow I missed hearing that about the Mayor  Now more to digest.
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1377 on: October 30, 2009, 02:29:14 PM »

Scandi thanks for the informative post. Lindsey and her friends going to the water tower days before she went missing I must have missed. I remember very early on I asked about the water tower, and then there was a big explanation of how they would know if someone fell in it, so I just figured all that was checked. Is there anyway, anyway possible that something like that could have happened? The more this goes on, the more I'm wondering different things, I still am not sure if I believe a SO took Lindsey, I'm all over the place with different thoughts. Is there anyway, that she could have gone in the woods, or anywhere that she could have had a terrible accident, and her body would not be discovered? I guess by now if that happened, she would have been found, just wondering   

I think she would have been found by now if she had fallen or had an accident up by the WT.

I was the one who called the city and talked twice to a gentleman in the Bldg Dept.  We were curious about the culvert system at the time and he explained that to me.  And then we discussed the WT.  He said there is a door or opening to access the inside of the tower for cleaning purposes.  But if something had been put into the water in the tower they would have known it immediately.  He said they have gauges there that maintain a constant report of the pressure in that tank and anything put in there would make the gauges go off to alert the pressure had changed.  He said that never happened.  He also told me that property at the WT and the 2 culverts that run side by side under McCleary were all searched right away.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1378 on: October 30, 2009, 02:58:14 PM »

Wow Scandi!
I never have heard about the allegations with the mayor! Where did you hear that? That is EXTREMELY interesting for 2 reasons. 1. A psychic has been emailing me about the perp being a person of authority and 2. Haven't we heard that one of the witnesses did not want their name made public because of a person of authority? VERY INTERESTING INDEED. If the mayor does in fact have a relative that is a registered SO that is interesting too. Unfortunately sometimes it this deviant behavior runs in families due to the continual pattern.
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1379 on: October 30, 2009, 03:12:15 PM »

Hi Jademoff,

I know a Baskett family who lives in Elma.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.