April 25, 2024, 10:09:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amy Drake's killer still unidentified after 3 years - Skowhegan, ME  (Read 9459 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: September 29, 2009, 02:15:05 PM »

Portland Press Herald (Maine) 
September 28, 2009 Monday

Three years after death, killer still unidentified;

Police say people have information they haven't reported about the 2006 slaying of Amy Drake.   

It has been three years since Amy Drake of Skowhegan disappeared without taking her purse or even a change of clothes.

Drake, then 18, was reported missing by her mother, Norma Drake, on Sept. 24, 2006, according to police.

Two months later, deer hunters found her body in an area of woods and fields off River Road in Norridgewock, some two miles from the Skowhegan town line.

DNA was used to positively identify Drake.

State police investigators ruled her death a homicide. Drake, who would have turned 19 on Nov. 22 of that year, left behind a 2-year-old child, Torence Drake.

No one has been charged with her murder.

During Amy Drake's funeral, the Rev. Mark Tanner of the Federated Church in Skowhegan asked her family and friends to be vigilant in finding her killer.

''We all have a job to do,'' Tanner said. ''We have a responsibility to one another. We have a responsibility to our young people, and to the ones around us - to keep our eyes open.

''The voices that God has given us are voices that allow us to speak. Some of the worst mistakes we can make as people are to keep our mouths closed.''

State police detectives share the vigilance Tanner described three years ago, said Lt. Gary Wright. The Drake case remains an active investigation, he said.

''We continue to follow up on any lead that comes in on it. We're still reviewing the evidence that we have collected in the last couple of years,'' Wright said.

Wright said the primary investigator, Detective Chris Tremblay, returns to the Skowhegan area, re-interviewing people police already have talked to, hoping someone will come forward and help.

He said Detective Sgt. Daniel Summers of the Skowhegan Police Department also remains active in the investigation.

''Even as recently as the past couple of weeks, we have had some information come in from various sources, and they're following up on that to see if there is any viability to the information,'' Wright said.

The manner of Drake's death has not been released.

''Manner of death is always an issue that we withhold. We feel it's very important. That kind of information can make or break the case, and what we don't want to do is put information out there that could take away the possibility of narrowing down our focus on individuals,'' Wright said.

Drake called or visited her mother in Skowhegan every day before her disappearance, Summers said.

Drake also would spend time at the home of her boyfriend, Jason Forbus, who lived on South Factory Street in Skowhegan, Summers said Friday.

Forbus, now 34, was sentenced in late September 2006 to a six-month jail term for assaulting Drake. He had been released after pleading guilty to a domestic assault against Drake, and he had not yet started his sentence when she was last seen, police said.

He also was required to serve two years' probation after his release.

Court records showed that Forbus had contact with Drake after his arrest in connection with the July 2 incident, in violation of his bail conditions.

At his sentencing, however, Forbus was given a stay that allowed him to remain free until Oct. 9.

Wright and Summers said anyone with information on Drake's death is urged to call state police at 624-7143, or go to the state police Web site, www.maine.gov/dps/msp, click on ''criminal investigations'' and then the box to report a crime.

''We feel there are several people out there who have pertinent information that has not been brought forward,'' Wright said. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1046659519&start=15

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 02:06:17 PM »

close to 5 years now......no answers

snip
Amy Drake was reported missing to the Skowhegan Police Department in late September 2006. On November 24, 2006 Amy's remains were located by hunters in a wooded area off the River Road in Norridgewock. A suspect has been interviewed in the case.

http://www.maine.gov/tools/whatsnew/index.php?topic=state_police_unsolved&id=74074&v=Article-homicides

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 02:07:17 PM »

dayummm that is huge

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 01:07:38 PM »

http://www.ctcoldcases.com/maine.html

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 12:53:51 AM »

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/opinion/amy-drakes-murder-still-unresolved_-no-justice-yet_2011-08-16.html
Amy Drake's murder still unresolved; no justice yet
August 17, 2011

According to the comments section of this article, Jason Forbus has been in trouble for drug trafficking and then violated the terms of his release.  Hopefully, he's chatty in prison and spills the beans on how Amy died.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.