March 29, 2024, 06:47:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JAMES EDWARD HOGAN~AMERICAN EMBASSY VICE-CONSUL IN CURACAO 9/24/09  (Read 221308 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #240 on: August 26, 2011, 07:55:05 PM »

http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=419482&CategoryId=13003

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: August 26, 2011, 07:56:28 PM »

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2011/August/11-crm-1079.html

Department of Justice

Office of Public Affairs

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Florida Woman Charged with Witness Tampering, False Statements and Obstruction of Justice in Relation to Her Husband’s Disappearance

WASHINGTON – A Gainesville, Fla., woman was charged in a seven-count indictment filed yesterday in the Northern District of Florida for her alleged role in the obstruction of a multinational investigation into the disappearance of her husband, James Hogan, then an employee in the U.S. Consulate in Curacao, announced Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer of the Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney Pamela Cothran Marsh for the Northern District of Florida, Ambassador Eric J. Boswell of the Bureau of Diplomatic Security and John V. Gillies, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s Miami Field Office.

Abby Beard Hogan, 50, was charged with two counts of making false statements to federal law enforcement officials, one count of witness tampering and four counts of obstruction of justice.   According to the indictment, on the night of Sept. 24, 2009, James Hogan, an employee at the U.S. Consulate in Curacao, a Caribbean island that was part of the Netherlands Antilles, left his home on foot and subsequently disappeared.   The next day, a diver located his blood-stained clothing on a local beach.   American officials and the government of Curacao and the Kingdom of the Netherlands opened an investigation into the disappearance of James Hogan. 

The indictment alleges that, during the course of the investigation, Abby Hogan repeatedly provided false information to U.S. law enforcement about the time period before James Hogan’s disappearance and withheld relevant information.   Abby Hogan allegedly denied, among other things, that she was having an extramarital affair and that she and her husband had argued about the affair on the night of Sept. 24, 2009.   Additionally, the indictment alleges that Abby Hogan deleted multiple emails discussing the events leading up to and surrounding her husband’s disappearance.   The indictment also alleges that Abby Hogan instructed at least one person to conceal information from investigators.

The indictment is merely an allegation, and a defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

Abby Hogan faces a maximum of five years in prison for each false statement count and 20 years in prison for each count of witness tampering and obstruction of justice.

The case is being prosecuted by Senior Trial Attorney Teresa Wallbaum of the Criminal Division’s Human Rights and Special Prosecutions Section and Assistant U.S. Attorney Frank Williams for the Northern District of Florida.  The Criminal Division’s Office of International Affairs provided assistance.  The case is being investigated by the U.S. Department of State, Diplomatic Security Service and the FBI’s Miami Field Office and Legal Attache Office in Bridgetown, Barbados.   Assistance was also provided by Curacao law enforcement authorities. 

11-1079 Criminal Division

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: August 26, 2011, 07:58:05 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/curacao/82081-vrouw-verdwenen-consul-hogan-aangeklaagd

Google translation:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: August 26, 2011, 08:14:17 PM »

http://diplopundit.blogspot.com/2011/08/james-hogan-case-former-efm-charged.html

::snipping2::

This is the first indictment in the disappearance case that will mark a two year milestone next month. I'm afraid this case may take a tawdry turn before it is over.

http://diplopundit.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-happened-to-american-diplomat.html

We do not know if a report of presumptive death was officially issued in this case. And this one we still do not understand -- how can an American official simply disappears from his host country of assignment and there is barely a ripple in the American press?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: August 26, 2011, 08:17:23 PM »

http://stayingsafeabroad.blogspot.com/2011/08/wife-of-missing-us-vice-consul-in.html

Thursday, August 25, 2011

WIFE OF MISSING US VICE CONSUL IN CURACAO INDICTED

Abby Beard Hogan, 50, a Florida attorney was charged yesterday (August 24) in a seven-count indictment filed yesterday in the Northern District of Florida for her alleged role in the obstruction of an investigation into the disappearance of her husband, James Hogan, formerly US vice-consul at the U.S. Consulate in Curacao, who disappeared on September 24, 2009.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: August 26, 2011, 08:36:22 PM »

http://stayingsafeabroad.blogspot.com/2011/08/wife-of-missing-us-vice-consul-in.html

Thursday, August 25, 2011

WIFE OF MISSING US VICE CONSUL IN CURACAO INDICTED

Abby Beard Hogan, 50, a Florida attorney was charged yesterday (August 24) in a seven-count indictment filed yesterday in the Northern District of Florida for her alleged role in the obstruction of an investigation into the disappearance of her husband, James Hogan, formerly US vice-consul at the U.S. Consulate in Curacao, who disappeared on September 24, 2009.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: August 26, 2011, 08:46:32 PM »

Abby Hogan is not currently practicing law in Florida

http://www.floridabar.org/names.nsf/STATEMEM/B5B308C74C9F229C85256A84003B6534?OpenDocument

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: August 26, 2011, 08:52:12 PM »

http://www.fbi.gov/miami/press-releases/2011/florida-woman-charged-with-witness-tampering-false-statements-and-obstruction-of-justice-in-relation-to-her-husbands-disappearance

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: August 26, 2011, 10:34:32 PM »

WOW!
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #249 on: August 27, 2011, 12:11:08 AM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: August 27, 2011, 12:37:00 AM »

I'm confused too. 

As far as I can tell, they aren't accusing her of killing him or having him killed.

What do they think happened to him, and how did her statements prevent them from finding him?

Finding him, or what happened to him and why he hasn't been found is the most important thing...right?

Is this case going to be deemed another one of those unfreakinbelievable suicides?

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: August 27, 2011, 01:15:23 AM »

They're content with charging her with Witness Tampering, False Statements and Obstruction of Justice for now.  The case is still open in Curacao.   I doubt that they will work very hard to find him.  jmo

Could this be helpful (regarding death issue)? --

c. Considerations in determining whether the Departments Consular Affairs (CA) office will authorize issuance of a Report of Presumptive Death. The Department's decision whether to issue a Report of Presumptive Death is discretionary, and will be based on the totality of circumstances in each particular case. Although no one factor is conclusive or determinative, the Department will consider the factors cited below, among other relevant considerations, when deciding whether to authorize issuance in a particular case:  ::snipping2::

http://diplopundit.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-happened-to-american-diplomat.html
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: September 17, 2011, 06:41:20 PM »

This is a history of the documents filed in the USA vs HOGAN as of today.

https://pcl.uscourts.gov/search

(I removed Passport numbers)

1:11-cr-00028-SPM-GRJ All Defendants USA v. HOGAN
Date filed: 08/23/2011
Date of last filing: 09/12/2011
History

Filed: 08/23/2011
Entered: 08/24/2011
Indictment
Docket Text: INDICTMENT (PDF redacted per privacy policy) as to ABBY HOGAN (1) count(s) 1-7.
(tss)

Sealed Document
Docket Text: Sealed Document - ORIGINAL INDICTMENT as to ABBY HOGAN (1) (tss)

Order for Warrant
Docket Text: ORDER FOR ISSUANCE OF Arrest WARRANT as to ABBY HOGAN signed by
MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES on 8/23/11. (tss)

(they've either skipped a number or (4) was removed)

Filed: 08/24/2011
Entered: 08/25/2011
Scheduling Order
Docket Text: ORDER SETTING TRIAL AND OTHER PRETRIAL MATTERS as to ABBY HOGAN
- Jury Selection set for 10/17/2011 09:00 AM in U.S. Courthouse Gainesville before SENIOR JUDGE STEPHAN P MICKLE. Attorney Conference and Jury Trial set for 10/17/2011 08:30 AM in U.S. Courthouse Gainesville before SENIOR JUDGE STEPHAN P MICKLE. Signed by MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES on 8/24/2011. (atm)

Bond
Docket Text: Redacted Unsecured Appearance and Compliance Bond Entered as to ABBY Modified on 8/25/2011 (atm).

Sealed Document
Docket Text: Sealed Document - Appearance and Compliance Bond (contains privacy information) (atm)

Order Setting Conditions of Release
Docket Text: REDACTED ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to ABBY HOGAN (1) $25,000.00 unsecured bond. Signed by MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES on 8/24/2011. (atm)

Order (Sealed)
Docket Text: SEALED ORDER setting conditions of release as to ABBY HOGAN (contains privacy information). Signed by MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES on 8/24/2011. (atm)

Passport or Pilot License Surrendered
Docket Text: DIPLOMAT PASSPORT SURRENDERED as to ABBY HOGAN. Passport Number:
XXXXXXXXX issued by USA. PDF sealed per privacy policy due to the inclusion of personal identifiers.

Passport or Pilot License Surrendered
Docket Text: PASSPORT SURRENDERED as to ABBY HOGAN. Passport Number: XXXXXXXXX
issued by USA. PDF sealed per privacy policy due to the inclusion of personal identifiers. (atm)
Passport forwarded to Special Agent Rowland Department of State. (atm)

Initial Appearance
Docket Text: Minute Entry for proceedings held before MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES: Initial Appearance as to ABBY HOGAN held on 8/24/2011. Attorney Gilbert Schaffnit retained and shall advise the court by 9/9/2011 if attorney arrangements finalized. Defendant released on $25,000 unsecured bond pending trial. (Tape #CD 11-03.) (atm)

Arraignment
Docket Text: Minute Entry for proceedings held before MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R
JONES:Arraignment as to ABBY HOGAN (1) Count 1-2,3,4-7 held on 8/24/2011. Pled not guilty to all counts. Trial set for 10/17/2011 at 8:30 a.m. before Senior Judge Stephan Mickle. Defendant released on $25,000.00 unsecured bond pending trial. (Tape #CD 11-03.) (atm)

Entered: 08/26/2011
Notice of Attorney Appearance - USA
Docket Text: NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE - TERESA WALLBAUM appearing for USA
as to ABBY HOGAN. (tss)

Entered: 08/26/2011
Notice of Attorney Appearance - USA
Docket Text: NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE CHRISTOPHER P CANOVA appearing for
USA as to ABBY HOGAN (tss)

Filed: 08/26/2011
Entered: 08/29/2011
Warrant Returned Executed
Docket Text: Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 8/24/11 in case as to ABBY HOGAN. (tss)

::snipping2::  (motion and granting of motion to extend time in naming defendants counsel)

Filed & Entered: 09/12/2011 Notice of Attorney Appearance - Defendant
Docket Text: NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: GILBERT ALDEN SCHAFFNIT appearing
for ABBY HOGAN (SCHAFFNIT, GILBERT)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: September 17, 2011, 06:47:38 PM »

https://pcl.uscourts.gov/

The Indictment

to be continued...

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: September 17, 2011, 06:50:07 PM »

The Indictment continued

to be continued...

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2011, 06:52:32 PM »

The Indictment continued

to be continued...

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2011, 06:54:31 PM »

The Indictment conclusion

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: September 24, 2011, 08:33:36 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with James Hogan's family today, especially his children.

Two years ago today, their lives were forever changed.

I can only imagine what they're going through.  I hope they have a strong support system around them and can lean on each other as well in the coming days.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #258 on: September 24, 2011, 09:05:08 PM »

Thanks, TM.

So sad....poor kids.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: September 24, 2011, 10:25:43 PM »

Thanks, TM.

So sad....poor kids.

You're welcome Buckeye.  Yes, it is so sad.

I'm curious what your thoughts are after reading the indictment...

I have so many questions. 

1.  Who is "W".

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.