April 18, 2024, 09:34:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JAMES EDWARD HOGAN~AMERICAN EMBASSY VICE-CONSUL IN CURACAO 9/24/09  (Read 222313 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #260 on: September 24, 2011, 10:26:45 PM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #261 on: September 24, 2011, 10:39:23 PM »

Thanks, TM.

So sad....poor kids.

You're welcome Buckeye.  Yes, it is so sad.

I'm curious what your thoughts are after reading the indictment...

I have so many questions. 

1.  Who is "W".

I am at a loss.  I thought about who else would be stationed there.  Someone who they don't want to mention (very Dutch of them) ???  Then I thought anyone with the state department probably would not be asked to stay quiet because their job would be on the line.  Probably someone with links to tourism.  Wonder if she did trips to other islands.   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: October 02, 2011, 10:19:18 PM »

https://pcl.uscourts.gov/search

1:11-cr-00028-SPM-GRJ All Defendants USA v. HOGAN
Date filed: 08/23/2011
Date of last filing: 09/27/2011

::snipping2::

Filed & Entered:     09/23/2011
Terminated:   09/27/2011
Motion to Continue
Docket Text: MOTION to Continue Trial by ABBY HOGAN. (SCHAFFNIT, GILBERT)

Filed:   09/27/2011
Entered:   09/28/2011
Order to Continue - Ends of Justice
Docket Text: ORDER TO CONTINUE - Ends of Justice as to ABBY HOGAN [Time excluded from 10/17/11 until 1/2/12] and granting [20] MOTION to Continue Trial -Jury Trial reset for 1/3/2012 at 08:30 AM in U.S. Courthouse Gainesville before SENIOR JUDGE STEPHAN P MICKLE; signed by SENIOR JUDGE STEPHAN P MICKLE on 9/27/11. (tss)

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: October 02, 2011, 11:51:40 PM »

Abby's FB profile picture, I don't know who the man is...

http://www.facebook.com/abidjanhogan

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #264 on: October 03, 2011, 12:24:16 AM »

This is the same page as linked above.  So, mama has had a FB pagr for a few years.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: January 04, 2012, 01:17:29 PM »

This is the same page as linked above.  So, mama has had a FB pagr for a few years.

Yes, and it is stated in the indictment that she was accessing her Facebook account as well as email the night of her husband's disappearance; during the time that she told the authorities she was asleep.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6197.msg1469682#msg1469682

See 14 (b)

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6197.msg1469683#msg1469683

See 14 (d)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: January 04, 2012, 02:09:01 PM »

The trial didn't start yesterday, it has been continued until April 9th. 

I'll read over the documents, and may post more later.

Filed & Entered:     12/10/2011
Terminated:   12/12/2011
Motion to Continue
Docket Text: MOTION to Continue Trial by ABBY HOGAN. (SCHAFFNIT, GILBERT)

Filed & Entered:     12/12/2011
Action Required by District Judge
Docket Text: ACTION REQUIRED BY DISTRICT JUDGE: Chambers of SENIOR JUDGE STEPHAN P MICKLE notified that action is needed Re: [26] MOTION to Continue Trial filed by Defendant ABBY HOGAN (tss)

Filed:   12/12/2011
Entered:   12/14/2011
Order to Continue - Ends of Justice
Docket Text: ORDER TO CONTINUE - Ends of Justice as to ABBY HOGAN [Time excluded from 1/3/12 until 4/8/12] and granting [26] MOTION to Continue Trial - Jury Trial reset for 4/9/2012 at 08:30 AM in U.S. Courthouse Gainesville before SENIOR JUDGE STEPHAN P MICKLE; signed by SENIOR JUDGE STEPHAN P MICKLE on 12/12/11. (tss)

Filed & Entered:     12/29/2011
Terminated:   12/30/2011
Motion to Modify Conditions of Release
Docket Text: MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by ABBY HOGAN. (SCHAFFNIT, GILBERT)

Filed & Entered:     12/30/2011
Response to Motion
Docket Text: RESPONSE to Motion by USA as to ABBY HOGAN re [28] MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release (WALLBAUM, TERESA)

Filed & Entered:     12/30/2011
Order on Motion to Modify Conditions of Release
Docket Text: ORDER denying [28] MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release as to ABBY HOGAN. Signed by MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES on 12/30/2011. (kdm)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: June 06, 2012, 01:59:06 AM »

I hadn't checked on the case documents in a while, looks like quite a bit has happened.  From what I can tell, there won't be a trial.  In accordance with a plea agreement, Abby Hogan pleaded guilty to Count 5 of the Indictment (Obstruction of Justice) and the other counts will be dropped.  She faces up to 20 years in prison, and sentencing is scheduled for August 8, 2012.

https://ecf.flnd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/HistDocQry.pl?110501591810941-L_1_0-1

Filed & Entered:     02/03/2012
Terminated:   02/03/2012
Docket Text: MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by ABBY HOGAN. (Attachments: # (1) Exhibit Exhibit "A") (SCHAFFNIT, GILBERT)

Filed & Entered:     02/03/2012
Docket Text: ORDER granting [31] Motion to Modify Conditions of Release as to ABBY HOGAN (1). Signed by MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES on February 3, 2012. (grj)

Filed & Entered:     03/26/2012
Docket Text: ACTION REQUIRED BY DISTRICT JUDGE: Chambers of MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES notified that action is needed Re: [33] ORDER OF REFERENCE as to ABBY HOGAN (tss)

Filed & Entered:     03/26/2012
Order
Docket Text: ORDER OF REFERENCE as to ABBY HOGAN referring case to the Magistrate Judge to conduct all proceedings required by Rule 11 incident to a guilty plea and to make a recommendation to the District Judge concerning acceptance or rejection of said plea signed by SENIOR JUDGE STEPHAN P MICKLE on 3/26/12. (tss)

Filed & Entered:     03/29/2012
Change of Plea Hearing
Docket Text: Minute Entry for proceedings held before MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES:Change of Plea Hearing as to ABBY HOGAN held on 3/29/2012 (Court Reporter Jackie Monson, Advantage.) (kdm)

Consent to Plea Before Magistrate Judge (re Felony)
Docket Text: CONSENT TO PLEA BEFORE MAGISTRATE JUDGE For Purpose of Change of Plea to Guilty by USA and ABBY HOGAN (kdm)

Plea Agreement
Docket Text: PLEA AGREEMENT as to ABBY HOGAN (kdm)

Sealed Document
Docket Text: Sealed Document - Supplement as to ABBY HOGAN. (kdm)

Statement of Facts
Docket Text: STATEMENT OF FACTS by USA as to ABBY HOGAN (kdm)

Terminated:   03/30/2012
Report and Recommendation
Docket Text: REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION as to ABBY HOGAN it is RECOMMENDED that the Court ACCEPT the plea agreement and Defendants plea of guilty. Internal deadline for referral to district judge if objections are not filed earlier: 3/30/2012.. Signed by MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES on 3/29/12. (bkp)

Filed:   03/29/2012
Entered:   03/30/2012
Plea Entered
Docket Text: Plea entered by ABBY HOGAN (1) Guilty Count 5, re [34] Minute Entry for proceedings held. (kdm)

Filed & Entered:     03/30/2012
Plea Agreement Accepted
Docket Text: Plea Agreement Accepted as to ABBY HOGAN (tss)

Order Adopting Report and Recommendation
Docket Text: ACCEPTANCE OF GUILTY PLEA AND ORDER ADOPTING [39] REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION as to ABBY HOGAN signed by SENIOR JUDGE STEPHAN P MICKLE on 3/30/12. (tss)

Notice of Hearing
Docket Text: NOTICE OF HEARING as to ABBY HOGAN
Sentencing set for 6/6/2012 at 01:30 PM in U.S. Courthouse Gainesville before SENIOR JUDGE STEPHAN P MICKLE
Note: If you or any party, witness or attorney in this matter has a disability that requires special accommodations, such as a hearing impairment that requires a sign-language interpreter or a wheelchair restriction that requires ramp access, please contact the Clerk's Office at least one week prior to the hearing (or as soon as possible) so arrangements can be made.
s/ TiAnn Stark
Courtroom Deputy Clerk (tss)

Filed & Entered:     04/05/2012
Fee Paid
Docket Text: Fee Paid: SMA $ 100.00, receipt number FLN 1-1641 as to ABBY HOGAN. (jws)

Filed & Entered:     04/23/2012
Action Required by Magistrate Judge
Docket Text: ACTION REQUIRED BY MAGISTRATE JUDGE: Chambers of MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES notified that action is needed Re: [44] MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release for Travel Outside of the Northern District filed by Defendant ABBY HOGAN - Referred to GARY R JONES. (tss)

Terminated:   04/24/2012
Docket Text: MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release for Travel Outside of the Northern District by ABBY HOGAN. (SCHAFFNIT, GILBERT)

Terminated:   05/01/2012
Docket Text: Second MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release to Allow Removal of Ankle Monitor by ABBY HOGAN. (Attachments: # (1) Exhibit Dr. Eric Diamond Letter) (SCHAFFNIT, GILBERT)

Filed & Entered:     04/24/2012
Action Required by Magistrate Judge
Docket Text: ACTION REQUIRED BY MAGISTRATE JUDGE: Chambers of MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES notified that action is needed Re: [45] Second MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release to Allow Removal of Ankle Monitor filed by Defendant ABBY HOGAN - Referred to GARY R JONES. (tss)

Filed & Entered:     04/24/2012
Docket Text: ORDER granting [44] Motion to Modify Conditions of Release to Allow Defendant to Travel as to ABBY HOGAN (1) signed by MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES on 4/24/12. (tss)

Filed:   04/24/2012
Entered:   04/25/2012
Order
Docket Text: ORDER as to ABBY HOGAN re [45] Second MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release to Allow Removal of Ankle Monitor filed by ABBY HOGAN. Set Motion Hearings for 5/1/2012 10:30 AM in U.S. Courthouse Gainesville before MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES. Signed by MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES on 4/24/2012. (atm)

Filed & Entered:     04/26/2012
Response in Opposition
Docket Text: RESPONSE in Opposition by USA as to ABBY HOGAN re [45] Second MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release to Allow Removal of Ankle Monitor (WALLBAUM, TERESA)

Filed & Entered:     04/30/2012
Reply to Response
Docket Text: REPLY TO RESPONSE to Motion by ABBY HOGAN re [48] Response in Opposition, [45] Second MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release to Allow Removal of Ankle Monitor (SCHAFFNIT, GILBERT)

Filed & Entered:     05/01/2012
Bond Hearing
Docket Text: Minute Entry for proceedings held before MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES: Bond Hearing as to ABBY HOGAN held on 5/1/2012. Defense motion to modify conditions of release to allow removal of ankle monitor, granted. All other conditions of release previously imposed will remain in affect. Written order to follow. (Tape #CD 12-02.) (atm)

Filed:   05/01/2012
Entered:   05/02/2012
Docket Text: ORDER granting [45] Motion to Modify Conditions of Release as to ABBY HOGAN (1). The order setting conditions of release [9] is hereby MODIFIED to delete the condition that Defendant participate in a program of GPS monitoring. All other conditions of release shall remain in full and force and effect. Signed by MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES on 5/1/2012. (atm)

Filed & Entered:     05/04/2012
Presentence Investigation Report
Docket Text: DRAFT PRESENTENCE INVESTIGATION REPORT as to ABBY HOGAN. E-copies made available to selected parties. Responses to the Draft Report are due by 5/18/2012. (rhoden, paula)

Filed & Entered:     05/09/2012
Terminated:   05/10/2012
Motion for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply
Docket Text: MOTION for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply by ABBY HOGAN. (SCHAFFNIT, GILBERT)

Filed & Entered:     05/10/2012
Docket Text: ACTION REQUIRED BY DISTRICT JUDGE: Chambers of SENIOR JUDGE STEPHAN P MICKLE notified that action is needed Re: [53] MOTION for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply filed by Defendant ABBY HOGAN (tss)

Filed & Entered:     05/10/2012
Order
Docket Text: ORDER granting [53] MOTION for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply filed by ABBY HOGAN - defendant to file objections to PSR by 5/25/2012 and sentencing memoranda by 07/30/12 - Sentencing reset for 8/8/2012 at 01:30 PM in U.S. Courthouse Gainesville before SENIOR JUDGE STEPHAN P MICKLE; signed by SENIOR JUDGE STEPHAN P MICKLE on 5/10/12. (tss)

Filed & Entered:     05/11/2012
Record of Proceedings and Notice to Attorneys of Redaction Requirements
Docket Text: NOTICE OF FILING OF OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT of Proceedings as to ABBY HOGAN held on 5/1/2012, before Judge Gary R. Jones. Court Reporter/Transcriber Julie A. Wycoff, Telephone number 850-470-8196.
Transcript may be viewed at the court public terminal or purchased through the Court Reporter/Transcriber before the deadline for Release of Transcript Restriction. After that date it may be obtained through PACER.
Redaction Request due 5/18/2012. Release of Transcript Restriction set for 8/16/2012. (jaw)

Filed & Entered:     05/25/2012
Response/Reply re Draft Presentence Investigation Report
Docket Text: RESPONSE to [52] Presentence Investigation Report as to ABBY HOGAN. PDF access restricted to the court, U.S. Probation, counsel for the defendant, and counsel for the United States of America. (SCHAFFNIT, GILBERT)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: June 06, 2012, 02:05:43 AM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: June 06, 2012, 02:08:23 AM »

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2012/March/12-crm-403.html

Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, March 30, 2012

Florida Woman Pleads Guilty to Obstruction of Justice in Relation to Her Husband’s Disappearance

Abby Beard Hogan, 50, pleaded guilty yesterday in the Northern District of Florida for her role in the obstruction of a multinational investigation into the disappearance of her husband, James Hogan, then an employee in the U.S. Consulate in Curacao, announced Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer of the Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney Pamela Cothran Marsh for the Northern District of Florida, U.S. Department of State Assistant Secretary for Diplomatic Security Eric J. Boswell and John V. Gillies, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s Miami Field Office.

Abby Hogan pleaded guilty before U.S. Magistrate Judge Gary R. Jones to one count of obstruction of justice.

According to court documents, on the night of Sept. 24, 2009, James Hogan, an employee at the U.S. Consulate in Curacao, a Caribbean island that was part of the Netherlands Antilles, left his home on foot and subsequently disappeared.  In the early hours of Sept. 25, 2009, James Hogan called his wife and spoke for approximately three minutes.   The next day, when James Hogan failed to report to work, the U.S. government and Dutch and Antillean law enforcement launched an island-wide search and opened an investigation into Hogan’s disappearance.   On Sept. 25, 2009, a diver located James Hogan’s blood-stained clothing on a local beach.

Abby Hogan admitted that during the course of the investigation, she repeatedly provided false information to U.S. law enforcement about the time period before James Hogan’s disappearance and withheld relevant information.  Abby Hogan initially told investigators that, before his disappearance, she and her husband had an argument.   She subsequently modified that statement and claimed that there had been no argument, just a minor disagreement over her husband’s next assignment for the State Department.   Abby Hogan further told U.S. law enforcement agents that James Hogan had been in a “good mood” prior to leaving for his walk on the evening of his disappearance.   She repeatedly denied that there had been any marital problems or that her husband had been upset, depressed or suicidal in any way.   Abby Hogan further stated that she could not remember the full three-minute conversation before her husband disappeared because she was sound asleep when her husband called.   She claimed she fell back asleep after the call, and did not awake until the following morning. 

According to court documents, after law enforcement interviews, between Sept. 30, 2009, and Jan. 15, 2010, Abby Hogan deleted more than 300 emails from her Internet email account.   These emails contained information that Abby Hogan knew was relevant to specific questions she had been asked by U.S. law enforcement.   The emails also contained information that she had either previously misrepresented or knowingly omitted during her interviews with law enforcement, including that she was engaged in an extramarital affair; the night James Hogan disappeared, the couple had argued, and he left the house angry and upset; and that she did not want law enforcement to know what had happened that evening.   

Abby Hogan faces a maximum of 20 years in prison for obstruction of justice.

The case was prosecuted by Senior Trial Attorney Teresa Wallbaum of the Criminal Division’s Human Rights and Special Prosecutions Section and Assistant U.S. Attorney Frank Williams for the Northern District of Florida.  The Criminal Division’s Office of International Affairs provided assistance.  The case was investigated by the U.S. Department of State, Diplomatic Security Service and the FBI’s Miami Field Office and Legal Attaché Office in Bridgetown, Barbados.  Assistance was also provided by Curacao law enforcement authorities.

12-403
Criminal Division

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: June 06, 2012, 02:15:56 AM »

http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_content.php?id=1883136

Missing Curacao US diplomat's wife pleads guilty
By DANICA COTO
Associated Press
2012-04-01 04:52 AM

The wife of a U.S. diplomat who vanished on the Caribbean Dutch island of Curacao nearly two years ago has pleaded guilty to hampering the investigation into his disappearance.
The U.S. Department of Justice said Friday that Abby Hogan pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice and accused her of repeatedly providing false information to federal agents and withholding relevant information.

Hogan's plea, however, did not solve the mystery of her husband's disappearance.

James Hogan, 49, was U.S. vice consul in Curacao, about 30 miles (48 kilometers) north of Venezuela, when he disappeared during a late night walk on Sept. 24, 2009. The couple had lived on the island since August 2008 in an upscale neighborhood near the capital of Willemstad.

Abby Hogan entered her plea in a federal courthouse in Gainesville, Florida, where she now lives. She faces up to 20 years in prison during a sentence hearing on June 6.

Her attorney, Gilbert Schaffnit, told The Associated Press on Saturday that he anticipates the sentencing date to be pushed back. He declined further comment because the case is ongoing.

"The circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Mr. Hogan are extremely painful for my client," he said.

Hours after his vice consul's disappearance, a recreational diver found his bloodstained clothes at Baya Beach, a popular site for its water activities and nightlife. Police said they also found his blood on rocks leading to the water, along with an expensive kitchen knife and his cell phone.

Hogan's disappearance sparked a lengthy search by the local coast guard and the U.S. Navy, but his body was never found. The investigation into his death remains open.

Police spokesman Reginald Huggins said Saturday that he could not comment on the case. Public prosecutor Philomene van Logten said no one was available to speak about the case until Monday.

Authorities previously said they were considering all possibilities, including suicide.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: June 06, 2012, 02:24:07 AM »

Snipped from document 51
Filed:   05/01/2012
Entered:   05/02/2012
Docket Text: ORDER granting [45] Motion to Modify Conditions of Release as to ABBY HOGAN (1). The order setting conditions of release [9] is hereby MODIFIED to delete the condition that Defendant participate in a program of GPS monitoring. All other conditions of release shall remain in full and force and effect. Signed by MAGISTRATE JUDGE GARY R JONES on 5/1/2012. (atm)

Case 1:11-cr-00028-SPM-GRJ   Document 51   Filed 05/01/12   Page 2 of 5
The Defendant testified as to the stress and limitations on her physical, social, and work activities due to the ankle monitor.  Defendant also testified regarding her present personal circumstances.  Defendant testified that she owns a home in Gainesville, is actively working as an artist, belongs to a church and a food cooperative, and has two children who live and attend school in Gainesville.   Defendant’s income is derived from military disability retirement benefits and Social Security. On cross examination, Defendant testified that she is in a relationship with a person in Gainesville.  The Government elicited testimony that it was the destruction of Defendant’s emails to this person while Defendant lived in Curacao that led to the obstruction-of-justice charge to which she pleaded guilty.   

In opposition to Defendant’s motion, the Government argued that stress, embarrassment, and inconvenience are not compelling reasons to modify the

Case 1:11-cr-00028-SPM-GRJ   Document 51   Filed 05/01/12   Page 3 of 5

conditions of release.   The Government contended that Defendant has engaged in a pattern of misstatements, including failing to explain in her direct testimony that she moved to Gainesville to pursue a relationship.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: June 06, 2012, 02:53:09 AM »

http://diplopundit.net/2012/04/02/james-hogan-case-missing-diplomats-wife-pleads-guilty-to-obstruction-of-justice/

The James Hogan missing flyer is still up on the US Consulate General Curacao’s website. Despite the obstruction of justice guilty plea here, we are nowhere closer to understanding what happened to Mr. Hogan over there.

http://curacao.usconsulate.gov/index.html

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/curacao/215422/Emergency/flyer_james_hogan_engels-spaans.pdf

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: June 07, 2012, 12:19:20 AM »

Abby's FB profile picture, I don't know who the man is...

http://www.facebook.com/abidjanhogan

I think this is the man in the picture with Abby.

Michael John Ward

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1584789250&sk=friends

http://www.whitepages.com/name/Michael-J-Ward/Gainesville-FL/6rhgjsu
(The address listed here is less than a mile from hers).

http://www.peoplesmart.com/psp.aspx?_act=resultsgo&search=name&firstName=Michael&middleName=John&lastName=Ward&age=50&ZIPCode=32601&city=Alachua&state=FL&utm_source=corporationwiki.com&utm_medium=Advertising&utm_content=PeoplePageWidgetH150_A&utm_campaign=PeoplePages&tid=PeoplePageWidgetH150_A&cam=&aff=66

Michael J Ward
Michael John Ward
2 more   
50 (Years old)   
Gainesville, FL    

Possible relations

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Gainesville/ward-environmental-services-inc-4927827.aspx

Ward Environmental Services, Inc. has a location in Gainesville, FL. Active officers include Michael J Ward.

Filings:    Domestic for Profit Corporation (FL - Inactive)
Source:      Florida Department of State last refreshed 5/19/2012

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet.exe?action=DETFIL&inq_doc_number=P06000081965&inq_came_from=NAMFWD&cor_web_names_seq_number=0000&names_name_ind=&names_cor_number=&names_name_seq=&names_name_ind=&names_comp_name=WARDENVIRONMENTAL&names_filing_type=

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4075112444864&set=a.4075102444614.170575.1494049878&type=3&theater

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: June 07, 2012, 12:27:27 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=585941456779&set=a.585941092509.2110188.31804535&type=1&permPage=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=585941731229&set=a.585941092509.2110188.31804535&type=1&permPage=1

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: September 02, 2012, 12:48:02 AM »

Case 1:11-cr-00028-SPM-GRJ Document 62 Filed 07/27/12

(Pages 1-16)

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
GAINESVILLE DIVISION
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
Plaintiff,
CASE NO.: 1:11-CR-28-SPM-GRJ
v. ELECTRONICALLY FILED
ABBY HOGAN,
Defendant
_______________________________/

GOVERNMENT’S SENTENCING MEMORANDUM
COMES NOW the United States, by and through its undersigned counsel and hereby
respectfully submits its Sentencing Memorandum to assist the Court in determining Defendant’s sentence in this case. The Sentencing Guidelines, as correctly calculated in the Presentence Investigative Report, establish a reasonable sentencing range that appropriately accounts for each of the factors set forth in 18 U.S.C. § 3553(a). Accordingly, the government requests that this Court impose a sentence within the applicable guideline range of 27-33 months.

I. Defendant Engaged in a Scheme of False Statements and Obstructive Acts to Hinder
the Investigation into the Disappearance of her Husband

Sometime after 10:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 24, 2009, James Hogan – the Vice Consul at the U.S. Consulate in the Caribbean island of Curacao – left his residence in the capital city of Willemstad. Shortly after midnight on Friday, September 25, James Hogan’s cell phone (located near a tourist resort called “Lion’s Dive”) called Defendant Abby Hogan. That two minute, 58-second phone call is the last confirmed contact with James Hogan. Later that
afternoon, a recreational diver discovered a pair of jeans with bloodstains, a pair of socks, and a pair of tennis shoes at a rocky beach area in Curacao known as Blue Rock. Dutch law enforcement also discovered blood on the beach and on rocks near the shore; the blood on the jeans and rocks matched James Hogan’s DNA. Investigators found James Hogan’s cell phone and a knife in the water near the blood-stained rocks. James Hogan’s body has never been found, and he is presumed dead.

American, Dutch, and Antillean officials mobilized immediately in an effort to locate James Hogan or to prevent the disposal of his body. Their primary source of information was Defendant Abby Hogan – James Hogan’s wife - who was the last known person to see or speak to him. In at least five interviews over the course of six months, Defendant told U.S. and Dutch law enforcement essentially the same story: that the evening James disappeared had been normal; that James had been in a good mood, nothing had been bothering him, and there were no marital problems. Defendant claimed that James had taken his normal evening walk and that she had taken a sleeping pill and slept through the evening. She was awakened briefly after midnight by a call from James to her cell phone. She could not remember anything from the nearly three minute conversation except that he was still out walking and she should leave the door unlocked.  She then fell back asleep and did not notice he was missing until the next morning. After her initial statement, Defendant amended her story to add that: (1) James had been worried that a recently-fired Consulate employee with a criminal record might seek revenge; and (2) someone had interrupted James during the midnight phone call.

Subsequent investigation, however, revealed that Defendant’s version of events was
completely false. Defendant’s own emails (see Attach. 1) provide a timeline of events leading
up to Hogan’s disappearance and disclose a household in turmoil. In March, 2009, Defendant reconnected with her high school boyfriend “Mike” (Attach. 1; Email 1). By early June, Defendant was planning a trip to Gainesville to see him (Email 2: “Do you understand I want to sleep with you?”); on August, 17, 2009, Defendant consummated the affair in Florida (Email 6).  Even before returning to Curacao, Defendant broached the idea of leaving her husband for her lover. See, e.g. Email 7 (8/27/09: “If there’s any way I can do it we are going to be together).  Within days of her return to Curacao, Defendant began exploring her options. See, e.g. Email 11  (9/1/09 email to sister asking about career options in Florida); Email 17 (9/8/09 email to friend “I’m thinking of leaving my 23+ year marriage”). Defendant, however, was concerned that James might “react very strongly” to her leaving (Email 13; Email 19); See also Email 21: (“will Jim let me leave”).

Upon her return, James Hogan became suspicious of his wife’s behavior and began asking questions about her trip. Email 10, 18, 23. Eventually, James caught his wife in a lie about seeing her high school boyfriend (Email 23), and two days before his disappearance, James discussed the lie in an email exchange (Email 25). On the night he disappeared, James Hogan
used Defendant’s pink Dell laptop to make a Skype video call to his step-daughter. Afterwards, sometime around 9:00 pm, he saw Defendant’s emails, including her emails to her lover. Email 49. At 9:20 pm, four emails were forwarded from Defendant’s email account to James Hogan’s email account. See Email 33-36. These contained references to the affair. See, e.g. Email 28 & 36 (“it is very difficult for me to pretend to love him [James] when my heart is there with you.  To have sex when I don’t feel the love behind it.”) An argument ensued, which led Defendant to email her lover: “jim knows everything. it’s awful.” Email 37. During the argument, Defendant “refused to call” her lover and break off the relationship, as her husband requested, and as a result she might have “caused something terrible to happen.” Email 36.

Forensic analysis of various email accounts established that – after her husband’s disappearance – Defendant deleted at least 365 emails that were relevant to the investigation and responsive to questions she was being asked by U.S. law enforcement, including all emails discussed above. She deleted emails not only from her account, but she accessed her husband’s email account at least twice on different days and selectively deleted only those emails that related to the events leading up to his disappearance. The government was able to retrieve these deleted emails from various sources, including Defendant’s lover. Computer analysis also established that Defendant was not asleep during the evening James Hogan disappeared, but in fact had been on the internet at least eleven times, including within minutes of the last phone call from James Hogan. Defendant also deleted information from her cell phone for the period of September 24-26, 2009.

Shortly after her first in-depth interview with U.S. law enforcement, Defendant emailed a
friend who knew of the affair and requested that “if an investigator talks to you, please don’t tell him what i talked to you about.” Email 59.

Finally, on two separate occasions defendant lied about and withheld a pink Dell laptop
that was relevant to the investigation. During a September 26, 2009 search of her home,
Defendant had told Dutch and U.S. law enforcement that the pink laptop belonged to her
children, and neither she nor James used it. Approximately six months later, when U.S. law
enforcement again asked about the pink laptop in a March 2010 interview, Defendant claimed
the pink laptop was broken and had been discarded in Florida in August 2009. A search of
Defendant’s household goods upon her return to the United States discovered this pink laptop;  subsequent forensic analysis – coupled with other evidence – established that James Hogan had accessed this computer shortly before he disappeared (including to make a Skype call), and it was almost certainly the computer Defendant references in emails 24 and 49.

Analysis further established that, within a few hours of the interview in which she claimed the pink laptop was broken and discarded, Defendant used the pink laptop to burn a CD of information from a Yahoo Web Mail folder, using a shortcut titled “Mike.”

II. The Applicable Guideline Range is Appropriate and Reasonable

Even though the Sentencing Guidelines are advisory, a sentencing court “must consult
those Guidelines and take them into account when sentencing.” United States v. Booker, 543
U.S. 220, 125 S. Ct. 738, 767 (2005). The Presentence Report correctly concluded that three
special offense characteristics apply to this case, all of which are substantiated by the facts.

(1) Substantial interference with the administration of justice (USSG § 2J1.2(b)(2)).
Defendant impeded an extensive, multi-national investigation involving three U.S. law
enforcement agencies, the U.S. Navy, and the Coast Guard, along with Dutch and Antillean law enforcement, and forensic resources. She did so knowing full well the scope of the investigation.
See, e.g., Email 40 (“the entire island is looking, including the Regional Security Officer (state
dept) from Venezuela, DEA, US military, local/dutch coast guard, local police, the us state dept in dc knows.”); Email 44 (“everyone they can get, us, dutch, local, are helping”); Email 45 (“navy search plane will start flying today and tracker dogs are coming from netherlands”);
Email 52: (“they are supposedly searching everything, on land, all over the island, and in the
water”).

(2) Destruction of a substantial number of records (USSG § 2J1.2(b)(3)(A)). As one of her obstructive acts, Defendant selectively deleted at least 365 relevant emails from two different email accounts on several different occasions. This qualifies as a “substantial number of records.”

(3) Obstructing or Impeding the Administration of Justice (USSG § 3C1.1). Under
USSG § 3C1.1, application note 7, a 2-level enhancement may apply to an obstruction of justice case “if a significant further obstruction occurred during the investigation, prosecution, or sentencing of the obstruction offense itself * * *.” In this case, defendant took multiple separate steps to obstruct the investigation into her false statements to law enforcement. The most egregious are: (1) Defendant’s October 10, 2009 email to a friend asking: “if an investigator talks to you, please don't tell him what i talked to you about”; and (2) Defendant’s false statement during an interview on March 19, 2010, in which she claimed that the pink laptop was broken and discarded; within hours of that interview Defendant accessed that pink laptop and burned a CD from a Yahoo Web Mail folder with a shortcut used to access the Yahoo Web Mail labeled “Mike.” United States v. Roche, 321 F.3d 607, 608-11 (6th Cir. 2003), supports the conclusion that these actions constitute “significant further obstruction.” In that case, the defendant Roche – convicted of obstruction of justice – submitted a fraudulent character reference purportedly signed by the mother of his children, Ketura Kulberg. He subsequently “requested that she [Kulberg] advise the FBI that she * * * had consented to permit Roche to write the letter he had forged.” Id. at 609. The Sixth Circuit upheld application of the 2-level enhancement under § 3C1.1 based solely on this subsequent request to lie, holding that defendant’s “effort to convince Kulberg to forswear her statements clearly qualifies as a ‘further obstruction’ under § 3C1.1.” Id. at 611.

III. The Sentencing Guidelines are Reasonable and Consistent with the Sentencing
Factors Under 18 U.S.C. § 3553(a)

In addition to the Sentencing Guidelines, the court must consider the factors set forth in
18 U.S.C. § 3553(a), including, inter alia, the nature and circumstances of the offense and the history and characteristics of the defendant; the need to reflect the seriousness of the offense, to promote respect for the law, and to provide just punishment for the offense; the need for deterrence; and the need to protect the public. United States v. Talley, 431 F.3d 784, 786 (11th Cir. 2005). The Presentence Report has correctly calculated the Guideline Range in this case as a total offense level of 18 and a Guidelines’ Range of 27-33 months. This sentence is also reasonable under a consideration of the sentencing factors set forth in 18 U.S.C. § 3553(a).

A. The Nature of the Offense was Egregious and Serious
Defendant Abby Hogan engaged in a calculated, systematic scheme to conceal the events
leading up to the disappearance of James Hogan, including statements and obstructive acts that hindered U.S. law enforcement’s early efforts to locate him. She has remained committed to her scheme of deception – making the same false statements in at least five interviews, including one that occurred approximately six months after her husband’s disappearance. Defendant’s criminal activity was not impulsive or isolated. It was not motivated from embarrassment or desire to protect others.

Defendant’s purely selfish motives for lying to U.S. law enforcement are evident from
her own emails, which she deleted. First, she knew that she was a person of interest in a missing person investigation. As a lawyer and former military prosecutor, she knew how criminal investigations work. See Email 3 (“When I was prosecuting, one of the lessons I learned is that the jury only knows what I tell them and they only know it if I tell them.”). She also knew that she was a person of interest in the disappearance of her husband. See Email 41 (DEA asked her to take polygraph); Email 42 (Dutch searched family car: “I guess they think I loaded Jim’s body in it and took him somewhere”); Email 43 (“I was sort of accused by the DEA guys of knowing what happened and not telling”); Email 50 (friend advising her to obtain lawyer since she was a “person of interest”). Defendant’s affair, her desire to leave her husband, and her uncertainty regarding his reaction would have prompted closer scrutiny from law enforcement on Defendant as a possible suspect in the investigation – a fact Defendant knew would know full well as a lawyer and former prosecutor.

Second, Defendant’s emails reveal that she did not want her husband’s disappearance to
jeopardize her affair. On September 28, 2009, Defendant’s lover wrote: “if that poor soul has
done himself in there’s no way I could life (sic) with that and a life of constant reminder.” Email 53. Defendant sent two emails in reply: (1) “Please don’t blame me for what Jim has done.  That’s not fair. (Email 54); and (2) “I am in shock from our conversation. * * * I am not to blame for what Jim has done. * * * You and I need to be together.” Email 55 By September 30, 2009 – while the search for her husband was on-going – Defendant emailed a real estate agent about houses in Gainesville. Email 56. By October 15, 2009, Defendant was discussing moving to Gainesville with her lover. See, e.g. Email 60 (10/15/09: “I just want to know if you’re going to give into my demands and say yes, you and I are going to start all over again.”); Email 62 (10/25/09: “I would love to come to Gainesville and be happy * * *. Are you in or out? Should I keep dreaming and working towards this?”).

Defendant’s persistent scheme of deception has produced a litany of harms. Most importantly, her actions hindered the initial search for James Hogan. In the early hours after
James Hogan’s disappearance, U.S. and foreign law enforcement worked around the clock to try and locate the missing father of four. As a result of Defendant’s actions, U.S. law enforcement missed opportunities to solve the disappearance of James Hogan, including a search of the pink laptop (used by James before he left the house), a search of the family residence, and the pursuit of any leads from Defendant’s cell phone and the last phone call with James Hogan. For example, a search of the pink laptop in September 2009 could have revealed information in the computer’s short-term memory, including any websites searched by James Hogan or Defendant.

A search of Defendant’s cell phone could have revealed any calls or texts to other persons – impossible at the time because Defendant had a pre-paid cell phone, and impossible after her return to the United States because information had been manually erased from that phone.

Defendant’s implication of others, including a former Consulate employee, and her insistence that nothing unusual happened before her husband left the house, led the U.S. agents
to conclude that foul play was a likely scenario – and law enforcement responded accordingly.

Within 48 hours, the U.S. government began dispatching agents from multiple domestic and
foreign locations, eventually mobilizing approximately 25 agents within the first two weeks.
The Dutch and Antillean governments reacted similarly, committing significant resources to find James Hogan in the largest search in the history of the Netherland Antilles.

To this date, the disappearance of James Hogan remains unsolved, and Defendant has failed to reveal the truth of what happened that night, even declining a government request to speak after her guilty plea. Most significantly, Defendant has never told the truth about the last confirmed phone call from James Hogan after he left the house. Defendant’s claim in her March 2010 interview that she could not remember the nearly three-minute conversation because she was “groggy” is undeniably false, as her internet activity proves she was not asleep when her husband called and that she was alert enough to sign into her email account within minutes of concluding that call. This uncertainty and lack of closure has affected her family, including her children, see Email 70, and James Hogan’s mother and siblings.

The calculated nature of the offense is particularly evident from the two day interview in
March, 2010. In that interview, Defendant lied repeatedly about every nuance that could have revealed the bigger lie. When asked if she knew anyone in Gainesville, she said no. When asked if she had been checking her email for anything specific, she said no, when it is clear she was awaiting an answer from her email that Jim knew everything and it was awful. See Email 37. She persisted in her story despite being told that U.S. agents had evidence of an affair.

Defendant stated repeatedly, that her lover was “just a friend,” she did not “sleep with Mike,” and that her husband and she had a minor disagreement, but it was not about her high school boyfriend. When Defendant was shown a nude photo of her lover that she had emailed to herself, Defendant was not embarrassed. When confronted with irrefutable proof of her affairs, she said simply “well, now you know.” When asked about the pink laptop, she lied, and lied in a way to prevent further inquiries (it was discarded). Within hours of the interview, she used that same pink laptop to access an internet shortcut to a file with her lover’s name and burned a CD from that link.

B. Just Punishment and Adequate Deterrence

i. Defendant has Shown no Remorse or Respect for the Law
A sentence within the Guidelines range is necessary as a just punishment for Defendant,
who has demonstrated no remorse over her actions, and has given no indication that she
understands the costs of her lies and obstructive actions. She has provided no closure to her
children or to James Hogan’s siblings and mother.

In her testimony before the Magistrate Judge seeking removal of a GPS monitoring device, Defendant displayed exactly the same behavior that was a hallmark of her interactions
with law enforcement. Specifically, when explaining why she had voluntarily returned to
Gainesville, she listed several factors, including her daughter’s decision to attend the University of Florida. Attach. 2 at 20. Notably absent from that list of reasons was any mention of her lover Mike. On cross-examination, when asked why she had not mentioned Mike, Defendant downplayed him. He was merely a “man she is seeing,” who she saw once, and had “an affair with him during the period of a week.” Id. at 26. All of these statements echoed her previous false statements to law enforcement. In fact, Mike was the “love of her life,” a man she was determined to be with (Email 7, 13, 14, 22, 31, 32, 34, 51), as soon as he signaled he was ready (Email 19, 27).

Similarly, Defendant’s claim that she moved to Gainesville because her children were
permanent, which was not “necessarily” true of her lover, Attach 2 at 26, also rings hollow in
light of her emails, in which she indicated that: (1) she was willing to leave her minor child
behind in order to be with her lover (Email 13, 14, 22); (2) she had decided to move to
Gainesville – and was looking for houses near her lover – within 5 days of her husband’s
disappearance (Email 56); and (3) she was pressing her lover for a commitment to the
relationship as a pre-requisite for moving to Gainesville. See, e.g., Emails 60, 62, 63, 64, 67, 68.

Defendant’s overwhelming reason to move to Gainesville was to be with her lover, not her
children. See Attach. Email 62 (“the thing I want most, you, is what’s driving the rest of my
decisions”); see also Email 13 (“I want to be in Gainesville if that’s where you are”); Email 61
(declining free place to live in Pensacola because her lover was not there); Email 67: (1/23/10:  “do you want me to move to gville or not”); Email 68 (“i (sic) need to know. i (sic) can’t sign the contract for the house if you can’t even tell me you want me there.” See also Attach. 5 (12/31/09 text to lover: “there's no other reason for me to go there if not to see if we can be together. My “aggressiveness” doesn't extend that far.).

ii. Defendant’s Military Service Makes her Deceptions Even More Egregious
Defendant’s military service, and specifically her role as a Judge Advocate prosecutor,
makes her calculated deceptions all the more egregious and warrants a strong sentence as just punishment and deterrence. As a former prosecutor and licensed lawyer, Defendant knew full well the seriousness of her actions. Indeed, in her time as a Judge Advocate appellate lawyer, she argued to uphold the convictions of people who used deception to violate the law. See, e.g. United States v. Gray, 1996 CCA Lexis 482 (U.S. Navy-Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals 1996) (Lt. Abby Hogan, Appellate Government Counsel, defending conviction for, inter alia, possessing a fake identification card and wrongful obtaining by false pretenses). She knew full well what consequences her false statements and obstructive acts could have. She could foresee that her statements shifting suspicion to others would prompt law enforcement to take action. In this case, that action included wiretapping telephones and conducting numerous interviews, none of which produced any evidence substantiating Defendant’s allegations. It would be ironic, indeed, if Defendant were to receive a variance for her military service, when her service as a military prosecutor gave her special insight into the impact her false statements and obstructive actions would have on a criminal investigation. See United States v. Theunick, 651 F.3d 578, 583 (6th Cir. 2011) (finding defendant’s request for a variance “ironic” because “the crime wouldn’t have been able to have been committed in the way in which it was had it not been for the position of public authority and public trust that the defendant occupied as chief of police.”)(quoting lower court).

iii. Defendant’s Military Service Does Not Justify a Downward Departure or Variance
Defendant’s claims notwithstanding, her military career does not justify a downward
departure or variance from the Sentencing Guidelines. In 2010, following the Supreme Court’s
decision in Porter v. McCollum, 130 S. Ct. 447, 455 (2009), the Sentencing Guidelines
recognized, for the first time, that military service “may be relevant in determining whether a
departure is warranted, if [it], individually or in combination with other offender characteristics, is present to an unusual degree and distinguishes the case from the typical cases covered by the guidelines.” U.S. Sentencing Guidelines Manual § 5H1.11 (2010) at app. C, amend. 739 (emphasis added). Cases that considered military service both before and after the amendment have tended to grant variances either when there has been combat and disability or honor.

Compare United States v. Pipich, 688 F. Supp. 191, 192-93 (D. Md. 1988) (granting departure
under the statutory catch-all provision 18 U.S.C. § 3553(b) for “exceptional military record,”
including nearly 50 decorations), with United States v. Neil, 903 F.2d 564, 566 (8th Cir. 1990)
(denying departure where defendant’s “eleven years of duty [as a recruiter] within the
continental United States” was “not meaningfully distinguishable from the work history of
steadily employed individuals”). See also United States v. Peters, 978 F.2d 166, 171 (5th Cir.
1992) (affirming receipt of two Purple Hearts and Distinguished Flying Cross not extraordinary
enough to warrant departure); United States v. Cantu, 12 F.3d 1506, 1516 (9th Cir. 1993)
(holding district court erred in finding it could not depart, in sentence for possession of firearm by a felon, on account of defendant’s “grave affliction” after serving in Vietnam); United States v. Risse, 83 F.3d 212, 215. 217 (8th Cir. 1996) (affirming departure for diminished capacity where defendant suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder after serving in Vietnam and pled to use of firearm in drug trafficking).

Nothing about Defendant’s military service rises to this standard. She served for ten
years, all in the United States (San Diego, California and Washington, D.C.), as an
administrative officer, a legal assistant, and a lawyer (having attended law school during her
military career). She saw no combat, and she received only five standard military
commendations in ten years. See Attach 3. Of those, only two were individual awards; the
others were awarded based either on her unit’s performance (the Battle “E” ribbon awarded for unit preparedness for battle) or simply because she was active status during a certain time frame (National Defense Service Medal). As a result, she falls squarely within the rationale of Neil, 903 F.2d at 566, which held that a military recruiter, stationed in the United States, did not warrant a sentencing variance.

Indeed, Defendant’s military service pales in comparison to that of James Hogan’s 23 years of military service, including 80 days of combat in Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm and over “360 hours of flying time in harsh African environment,” including “numerous sorties into hostile fire zones.” See Attach. 4. During his career, James Hogan received multiple
notable commendations, including a Navy Achievement Medal for being instructor pilot of the
year; a Navy Achievement Medal for volunteering for deployment in Operation Desert Shield &
Storm; a Navy Commendation Medal for a non-wartime deployment to the Arabian Gulf; a
Kuwait Liberation Medal; a Navy Achievement Medal for safely landing a disabled helicopter
on rough seas at dusk; a Defense Meritorious Service Medal presented by the Secretary of
Defense; a Navy Meritorious Service Medal presented by the Secretary of Navy; and a
Meritorious Unit Citation presented by the Secretary of Navy. Id. It would be unjust for
Defendant to receive a variance for her military record in a case in which she obstructed the
search for a decorated combat veteran.

IV. Conclusion
Defendant Abby Hogan engaged in a calculated, systematic scheme of false statements
and obstructive acts designed to impede the investigation into the disappearance of her husband of nearly 24 years, a decorated military veteran, who was serving as a high-ranking Foreign Service Officer at the time of his disappearance. Her actions hindered the initial investigation and diverted significant resources from U.S. law enforcement as well as their Dutch and Antillean counterparts. Her false statements and destruction of evidence have denied answers and closure to James Hogan’s family, including his four children.

WHEREFORE, the United States respectfully requests that this Honorable Court sentence Defendant to a sentence within the Sentencing Guideline’s range of 27-33 months.

Respectfully submitted,
PAMELA C. MARSH
United States Attorney
F.C. WILLIAMS
Assistant U. S. Attorney
LANNY A. BREUER
Assistant Attorney General
Criminal Division
/s/ Teresa A. Wallbaum
Teresa A. Wallbaum
Senior Trial Attorney
U.S. Department of Justice
Human Rights & Special Prosecutions Sect.
John C. Keeney Bldg., Suite 200
10th & Constitution Ave., N.W.
Washington, DC 20530
(202) 616-5193
Date: July 27, 2012 Teresa.wallbaum@usdoj.gov

CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
I HEREBY CERTIFY that a true and correct copy of the foregoing has been furnished
by electronic filing to: Gilbert A. Schaffnit, Esq., counsel for defendant, on this 27th day of
July, 2012.

Respectfully submitted,
/s/ Teresa A. Wallbaum
Teresa A. Wallbaum

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: September 02, 2012, 01:39:44 AM »

Case 1:11-cr-00028-SPM-GRJ Document 62-1 Filed 07/27/12

Attachment 1 - E-Mails and Other Relevent Events

38 Pages

(Pages 1-6 is a summary of the following email excerpts and other events in chronological order.)

The first email was deleted between 9/30/09 and 1/15/10
The second email was deleted before 9/30/09, (provided by Mike W)

Both of the following emails were deleted before 9/30/09, (provided by Mike W.)

8/16/2009 Abby Hogan flies from Curacao through Miami to Pensacola, Florida

First email below, not deleted as of 1/15/10

Second email below, document says deleted between 1/30/09 and 1/15/10 but I think they meant deleted between 9/30/09 and 1/15/10

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: September 02, 2012, 01:51:53 AM »

38 Pages

continued

8/28/2009 - Abby Hogan flies from Florida to Curacao

All of the following were deleted before 9/30/09, (provided by Mike W.)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: September 02, 2012, 02:05:35 AM »

38 Pages

continued

First email not deleted as of 1/15/10
Second email deleted between 9/30/09 and 1/15/10
Third email deleted before 9/30/09, (provided by Mike W.)
Fourth email deleted before 9/30/09, (provided by Mike W.)
Facebook message from Abby to Michael

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: September 02, 2012, 02:18:19 AM »

Insert Quote

38 Pages

continued

Facebook message
Email deleted between 9/30/09 and 1/15/10

Both of the following were deleted before 9/30/09, (provided by Mike W.)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.