March 28, 2024, 01:13:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JAMES EDWARD HOGAN~AMERICAN EMBASSY VICE-CONSUL IN CURACAO 9/24/09  (Read 221257 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: February 09, 2013, 04:20:47 PM »

Thanks texasmom!  I don't know how you keep up with all the different cases, it's amazing!

Ditto! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #321 on: February 09, 2013, 05:17:31 PM »

Thanks texasmom!  I don't know how you keep up with all the different cases, it's amazing!

Ditto! 

Thanks MuffyBee!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: February 09, 2013, 05:22:38 PM »

You're welcome texasmom!  It really surprised me at first about Mrs. Hogan. The more I read the more I feel     

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: February 09, 2013, 05:39:18 PM »

You're welcome texasmom!  It really surprised me at first about Mrs. Hogan. The more I read the more I feel     

I know MuffyBee, me too!     

My heart breaks for Jim Hogan's mother, siblings, and especially their children.   Crying or Very sad

They STILL don't have answers as to where he is, or what really happened that night.

With the questions in my mind, I can only imagine what they are feeling.

It's too sad.  And it makes me mad.  JMHO

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: February 09, 2013, 06:01:47 PM »

Most of all, I'm sad for Jim Hogan.   

https://www.facebook.com/alanahogan08/posts/902491607739

Alana Hogan
February 4 near North Springfield, VA

I would never complain about folding laundry, never lie to you, never deny your kugs and kisses, I would never make fun of you for being a Trekkie because secretly I am one too, I would dedicate every goal I had ever scored to you for being at all of my soccer games, I wouldnt make fun of you for your tucked in shirt and glasses, I wouldnt get embarrassed at you singing "you are just to good to be true" by lauren hill to me because that is what I am having my first dance to with my uncles, I would tell you I love you every day if you could walk me down that isle in 3 months. I would make you feel like the greatest Dad today on your birthday if I could have one more second with you. </3 Happy Birthday Dad.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: February 16, 2013, 12:55:55 PM »

https://pcl.uscourts.gov/search

1:11-cr-00028-SPM-GRJ All Defendants USA v. HOGAN
Date filed: 08/23/2011
Date of last filing: 02/15/2013

::snipping2::

Filed & Entered:     02/09/2013
Record of Proceedings and Notice to Attorneys of Redaction Requirements
Docket Text: NOTICE OF FILING OF OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT of Proceedings SENTENCING HEARING PART ONE as to ABBY HOGAN held on AUGUST 1, 2012, before Judge STEPHAN P. MICKLE. Court Reporter LISA JONES, Telephone number 850.513.1145.
Transcript may be viewed at the court public terminal or purchased through the Court Reporter before the deadline for Release of Transcript Restriction. After that date it may be obtained through PACER.
Redaction Request due 2/19/2013. Release of Transcript Restriction set for 5/17/2013. (lj)

Filed & Entered:     02/11/2013
Reply to Response
Docket Text: REPLY TO RESPONSE to Motion by ABBY HOGAN re [78] Response (SCHAFFNIT, GILBERT)

Filed & Entered:     02/12/2013
Notice (Other)
Docket Text: NOTICE of Filing Transcripts by ABBY HOGAN re [80] Reply to Response (Attachments: # (1) Exhibit March 18, 2010 transcript, # (2) Exhibit March 19, 2010 transcript) (SCHAFFNIT, GILBERT)

Filed & Entered:     02/13/2013
Action Required by District Judge
Docket Text: ACTION REQUIRED BY DISTRICT JUDGE: Chambers of SENIOR JUDGE STEPHAN P MICKLE notified that action is needed Re: [78] Response filed by USA, [80] Reply to Response filed by Defendant ABBY HOGAN, [81] Notice of Filing Transcripts (tss)

Filed & Entered:     02/15/2013
Sentencing
Docket Text: Minute Entry for proceedings held before CHIEF JUDGE M CASEY RODGERS:Sentencing held on 2/15/2013 for ABBY HOGAN (1) - Count(s) 1-4 and 6-7: dismissed on a motion by the Government; Count(s) 5: 1 year and 1 day imprisonment; 2 years supervised release; $1,000 fine; $100 SMA; defendant to self-surrender by noon on 3/18/13. (Court Reporter Donna Boland [USDC-Pensacola].) (tss)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: February 16, 2013, 01:30:53 PM »

http://7thspace.com/headlines/432461/usdoj_florida_woman_sentenced_to_prison_for_obstruction_of_justice_in_relation_to_her_husbandand8217s_disappearance.html

USDOJ: Florida Woman Sentenced to Prison for Obstruction of Justice in Relation to Her Husband’s Disappearance

A Gainesville, Fla ., woman was sentenced today to serve one year and one day in prison for her role in the obstruction of a multinational investigation into the disappearance of her husband, then an employee in the United States Consulate in Curacao, announced Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer of the Criminal Division, United States Attorney Pamela C. Marsh for the Northern District of Florida, Director of the United States State Department’s Diplomatic Security Service ( DSS) Gregory B. Starr and Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s Miami Field Office Michael B. Steinbach.

Abby Beard Hogan, 50, was sentenced by United States District Judge M. Casey Rodgers in the Northern District of Florida.   In addition to her prison term, Hogan was sentenced to two years of supervised release.   On March 29, 2012, Hogan pleaded guilty before United States Magistrate Judge Gary R. Jones to one count of obstruction of justice.

According to court documents, on the night of September 24, 2009, Abby Hogan’s husband, James Hogan, an employee at the United States Consulate in Curacao, a Caribbean island that was part of the Netherlands Antilles, left his home on foot and subsequently disappeared.   In the early hours of September 25, 2009, James Hogan called his wife and spoke for approximately three minutes.   The next day, when James Hogan failed to report to work, the United States government and Dutch and Antillean law enforcement launched an island-wide search and opened an investigation into Hogan’s disappearance.   On September 25, 2009, a diver located James Hogan’s blood-stained clothing on a local beach.

According to evidence submitted in Abby Hogan’s sentencing hearing, she repeatedly provided false information to United States law enforcement about the time period before James Hogan’s disappearance and withheld relevant information. Abby Hogan initially told investigators that, before his disappearance, she and her husband had an argument. She subsequently modified that statement and claimed that there had been no argument, just a minor disagreement over her husband’s next assignment for the State Department.  Abby Hogan further told United States law enforcement agents that James Hogan had been in a “good mood” prior to leaving for his walk on the evening of his disappearance. She repeatedly denied that there had been any marital problems or that her husband had been upset or depressed in any way.  Abby Hogan further stated that she could not remember the full three-minute conversation before her husband disappeared because she was sound asleep when her husband called. She claimed she fell back asleep after the call, and did not awake until the following morning. In fact, all of these statements were false, as established by the deleted emails and other computer forensic evidence , which was submitted to the court.

According to court documents, after law enforcement interviews, between September 30, 2009, and January 15, 2010, Abby Hogan deleted more than 300 emails from her email account.    These emails contained information that Abby Hogan knew was relevant to specific questions she had been asked by United States law enforcement.   The emails also contained information that she had either previously misrepresented or knowingly omitted during her interviews with law enforcement, including that she was engaged in an extramarital affair; the night James Hogan disappeared, the couple had argued, and he left the house angry and upset; and that she did not want law enforcement to know what had happened that evening.     

The case was prosecuted by Senior Trial Attorney Teresa Wallbaum of the Criminal Division’s Human Rights and Special Prosecutions Section and Assistant United States Attorney Frank Williams for the Northern District of Florida.   The Criminal Division’s Office of International Affairs provided assistance.   The case was investigated by DSS and the FBI’s Miami Field Office and Legal Attaché Office in Bridgetown, Barbados.   Assistance was also provided by Curacao law enforcement authorities.

Contact: Department of Justice Main Switchboard - 202-514-2000

Reported by: US Department of Justice

Published on: 2013-02-15

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: February 16, 2013, 01:33:51 PM »

I've purchased the available documents, but they are lengthy so it will take me a while to get through them.  Hope to post some later.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: February 16, 2013, 01:38:44 PM »

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2013/February/13-crm-204.html

Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Friday, February 15, 2013

Florida Woman Sentenced to Prison for Obstruction of Justice in Relation to Her Husband’s Disappearance

A Gainesville, Fla., woman was sentenced today to serve one year and one day in prison for her role in the obstruction of a multinational investigation into the disappearance of her husband, then an employee in the U.S. Consulate in Curacao, announced Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer of the Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney Pamela C. Marsh for the Northern District of Florida, Director of the U.S. State Department’s Diplomatic Security Service ( DSS) Gregory B. Starr and Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s Miami Field Office Michael B. Steinbach.

Abby Beard Hogan, 50, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge M. Casey Rodgers in the Northern District of Florida.   In addition to her prison term, Hogan was sentenced to two years of supervised release.   On March 29, 2012, Hogan pleaded guilty before U.S. Magistrate Judge Gary R. Jones to one count of obstruction of justice.

According to court documents, on the night of Sept. 24, 2009, Abby Hogan’s husband, James Hogan, an employee at the U.S. Consulate in Curacao, a Caribbean island that was part of the Netherlands Antilles, left his home on foot and subsequently disappeared.   In the early hours of Sept. 25, 2009, James Hogan called his wife and spoke for approximately three minutes.   The next day, when James Hogan failed to report to work, the U.S. government and Dutch and Antillean law enforcement launched an island-wide search and opened an investigation into Hogan’s disappearance.   On Sept. 25, 2009, a diver located James Hogan’s blood-stained clothing on a local beach.

According to evidence submitted in Abby Hogan’s sentencing hearing, she repeatedly provided false information to U.S. law enforcement about the time period before James Hogan’s disappearance and withheld relevant information. Abby Hogan initially told investigators that, before his disappearance, she and her husband had an argument. She subsequently modified that statement and claimed that there had been no argument, just a minor disagreement over her husband’s next assignment for the State Department.  Abby Hogan further told U.S. law enforcement agents that James Hogan had been in a “good mood” prior to leaving for his walk on the evening of his disappearance. She repeatedly denied that there had been any marital problems or that her husband had been upset or depressed in any way.  Abby Hogan further stated that she could not remember the full three-minute conversation before her husband disappeared because she was sound asleep when her husband called. She claimed she fell back asleep after the call, and did not awake until the following morning. In fact, all of these statements were false, as established by the deleted emails and other computer forensic evidence , which was submitted to the court.

According to court documents, after law enforcement interviews, between Sept. 30, 2009, and Jan. 15, 2010, Abby Hogan deleted more than 300 emails from her email account.    These emails contained information that Abby Hogan knew was relevant to specific questions she had been asked by U.S. law enforcement.   The emails also contained information that she had either previously misrepresented or knowingly omitted during her interviews with law enforcement, including that she was engaged in an extramarital affair; the night James Hogan disappeared, the couple had argued, and he left the house angry and upset; and that she did not want law enforcement to know what had happened that evening.   

The case was prosecuted by Senior Trial Attorney Teresa Wallbaum of the Criminal Division’s Human Rights and Special Prosecutions Section and Assistant U.S. Attorney Frank Williams for the Northern District of Florida.   The Criminal Division’s Office of International Affairs provided assistance.   The case was investigated by DSS and the FBI’s Miami Field Office and Legal Attaché Office in Bridgetown, Barbados.   Assistance was also provided by Curacao law enforcement authorities.

13-204
Criminal Division

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #329 on: February 16, 2013, 04:42:38 PM »

Thanks, texasmom.

Poor Alana   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: February 16, 2013, 08:26:23 PM »

I've purchased the available documents, but they are lengthy so it will take me a while to get through them.  Hope to post some later.

Thank you texasmom. 

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: February 16, 2013, 10:59:15 PM »

texasmom.....thank you for following this case and providing updates. 

::jeep2::

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: February 17, 2013, 11:44:42 AM »

You're welcome Buckeye, MuffyBee, and Mere.

My sincere apologies for not getting any of the docs posted yesterday. 

Doc 81 is 161 pages, because as part of the defense response two interviews with Abby Hogan on March 18-19 2010 are included. 

Thanks to some help from Klaas,    if you would like to read the entire document; it's here:

http://www.filedropper.com/doc8102122013

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: February 17, 2013, 11:48:20 AM »

https://pcl.uscourts.gov/search

1:11-cr-00028-SPM-GRJ All Defendants USA v. HOGAN
Date filed: 08/23/2011
Date of last filing: 02/15/2013

::snipping2::

Filed & Entered:     02/15/2013
Sentencing
Docket Text: Minute Entry for proceedings held before CHIEF JUDGE M CASEY RODGERS:Sentencing held on 2/15/2013 for ABBY HOGAN (1) - Count(s) 1-4 and 6-7: dismissed on a motion by the Government; Count(s) 5: 1 year and 1 day imprisonment; 2 years supervised release; $1,000 fine; $100 SMA; defendant to self-surrender by noon on 3/18/13. (Court Reporter Donna Boland [USDC-Pensacola].) (tss)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: February 17, 2013, 12:08:28 PM »

Thanks, texasmom.

Poor Alana   

I agree, I still can't read her beautiful birthday post to her dad without crying. 

And just knowing that what will be one of the happiest days of her life will also be so bittersweet.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: February 17, 2013, 02:07:58 PM »

I had my questions about who Frans Zwinkels was in relation to other documents I've posted over the course of this case. 

Still not sure exactly what position he held, but the interviews from March 2010 with Abby Hogan were conducted by him and RSO Wendy Bashnan.  He mentioned in the transcript that his term on Curacao would end in June 2010.

Dutch Prosecutor or Police?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: February 19, 2013, 10:08:43 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/145200-wife-of-missing-consul-put-behind-bars

Wife of missing consul put behind bars         

SUNDAY, 17 FEBRUARY 2013 14:57

GAINESVILLE/WILLEMSTAD — The wife of the American vice-consul on Curaçao, who has been reported missing for years, has been given one year and one day imprisonment. After serving this sentence she will be placed under supervision for two years. She is convicted for obstructing the search for her husband James Hogan. The American Ministry of Justice announced this yesterday.Hogan left his residence on Curaçao on foot on September 24th 2009. When he hadn’t shown up at the office the next day the police of the Netherlands Antilles, the Netherlands and the United States had began a large scale search operation. His blood-stained clothes were found on a beach. The police had also found a blood-stained and large kitchen knife. The blood appeared to be Hogan’s. His mobile telephone was found later on, in the water. After more than three years there is still no trace of Hogan.

It appeared during trial that Abby Beard Hogan (50) had changed her statements on the disappearance time after time. First she said her husband and she had had an argument, then it became a minor difference of opinion on a new job for James. In a conversation with police officers she stated he had actually left the residence in a good mood.

Several hours after his departure, the vice-consul and his wife had spoke on the telephone for approx. three minutes, but Abby had told the police she couldn’t remember anything because she had been half asleep. After conversations with the police officers, she had deleted over 300 e-mails in total. She had also concealed from the police that she had an extramarital relation.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: May 04, 2013, 12:20:02 PM »

Hoping today is as perfect as possible for Alana and Seth's wedding! 

Wishing them all the best and a lifetime of love together!   

http://randallandhogan.ourwedding.com/

ALANA & SETH
May 4, 2013   Today is the big day!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: November 10, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100106672085399&set=a.580232637299.2104973.31804535&type=1

Alana Randall

4 years ago I got a call saying my Dad went missing. I have missed out on 4 years of hugs, kisses, dorky star trek quotes, my dad walking me down the isle, getting embarrassed every time he would jam out to dirty rap songs, 4 years of knowing that he is one phone call away on days I need to be cheered up. I have made mistakes. I should have never been embarrassed when he hugged me too much, or ignored his “coaching” advice after EVERY soccer game, I should have told him I loved him every day. In one day your whole life can change so make sure you live everyday to your fullest. I miss you daddy </3 — with James E Hogan.
September 24

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: March 13, 2014, 10:23:31 PM »

Wonder if they ever figured out where the remains were stored, or who they belong to?

https://www.facebook.com/Sirbi.I.Proteha/posts/307086286097740?stream_ref=10

Google translation:

Sirbi i proteha
September 25 , 2013

Human skeleton found in Eastpoint trace

WILLEMSTAD - The human skeleton that early this year at East Point was found and confiscated, seems to have disappeared without a trace . This was the conclusion to be drawn from what the spokesmen of the Public Prosecutor ( OM ) and the Police Corps Curaçao ( KPC ) have to report on the discovery. Drawn

A fisherman saw on March 17 parts of a skeleton lying on the rocks of East Point . The police were deployed and started an investigation immediately . According to the official press release from the police on March 18 there was a human skeleton , which is taken for further examination . Seized by order of an auxiliary officer , or the OM ,

However, the OM does not know where the bones are . The police do not know to tell exactly what happened . The human skeleton This became clear when recorded with both agencies to investigate the identity of the skeleton . Inquiry Amigoe contact

OM spokesman Norman Serphos reports that the Public Prosecutor then not been notified of the human skeleton found informed. The prosecutors at the OM have no information on the skeleton . This means that the prosecution may have to the police to take. Previously given no command

However KPC spokesman Reginald Huggins says that this is impossible , since in these cases the OM command should provide for seizure .

The bones are so yet disappeared .

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.307092046097164.1073741829.254583324681370&type=1&stream_ref=10

Sirbi i proteha
September 25, 2013
James Edward Hogan (7 photos)
Body still not found after disappearance from Kabrietenberg peninsula near Caracasbaai in Curacao. When a skeleton was found March 17 2013 on East Point we thought it could have been J.E.H. since the remains were not washed up, but buried under heavy rocks. Important fact to add is that over the past 10 years people have disappeared from Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao who also have not yet been found, so any of these could also have been the remains that were found on East Point.

https://www.facebook.com/Sirbi.I.Proteha/photos/a.256956751110694.1073741826.254583324681370/307087996097569/?type=1&relevant_count=1

Sirbi i proteha
September 25, 2013
A skeleton was found at East Point in Curacao on March 17, 2013. The omnimous dicovery was made by landowner Willy Maal who subsequently called the justice department named "Openbare Ministerie" (OM). In turn the detective and forensic team of the local police arrived to investigate. A Local newspaper recently asked the OM about the case, but the latter had no new info since it appeared that the skeleton had been misplaced. In short the skeleton is now stored somewhere and nobody knows where.

http://www.kkcuracao.com/?p=23916

Google translation:

Skeleton found on site Oostpunt
March 19th, 2013 curacao editors

According Grind lay the bones in a remarkable location and position.

Willemstad - The investigation team has conducted research in East Point yesterday in connection with a skeleton found Sunday. The police note that these are human remains. Willy Grind, owner of East Point, also suspect that it is human remains are in an advanced state of decomposition.

According Grind lay the bones in a remarkable location and position.

The prosecution was informed by grinding, and the investigation on the spot came to do. further forensic investigation is not the first time that human remains are under Maal found in East Point. According to the owner, in several cases never determined who the perpetrators were. , the prosecutor has to seize the remains. Detectives said in its utmost to find out. identity of the body all

Police are calling on everyone with tips about the discovery to contact the investigation team on 8666219, 8666221 or 24 hours a day via 911 or anonymously through 108. Contact during office hours

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.