April 18, 2024, 02:47:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers  (Read 50785 times)
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2011, 09:12:36 AM »

Savior, like a shepherd lead us; much we need your tender care.  Strengthen our resolve to be faithful to the gospel, which frees us from the prison of fear, delivers from anxieties that paralyze, and opens up new opportunities to serve.  May your healing presence address our history, transform our present, and enliven our future, that we may become healing persons in our time.   Amen and Amen.

AMEN!
Thank you Sister!  How is your Mom?  I have been keeping you in prayer.   

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2011, 01:30:06 PM »

Savior, like a shepherd lead us; much we need your tender care.  Strengthen our resolve to be faithful to the gospel, which frees us from the prison of fear, delivers from anxieties that paralyze, and opens up new opportunities to serve.  May your healing presence address our history, transform our present, and enliven our future, that we may become healing persons in our time.   Amen and Amen.

AMEN!
Nana, thank you for asking.  Mom went home yesterday afternoon on the condition someone stay with her.  My other sister is holding down the fort.  Will be taking Connie to see her Sunday afternoon.  Thank you again for asking.  Continued prayers would be appreciated.

Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2011, 09:29:30 PM »

AMEN!
Nana, thank you for asking.  Mom went home yesterday afternoon on the condition someone stay with her.  My other sister is holding down the fort.  Will be taking Connie to see her Sunday afternoon.  Thank you again for asking.  Continued prayers would be appreciated.

I have been and will continue to prayer! Not only for your Mom, but for all of you!   

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 01:22:10 PM »

Nana, you are so precious.  I had some surgery last week and have more scheduled this week.  All prayers are treasures.

AMEN!

I have been and will continue to prayer! Not only for your Mom, but for all of you!   

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2011, 01:22:41 PM »

Yipes! got in your box.  Sorry.

Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2011, 03:46:21 PM »

Yipes! got in your box.  Sorry.

You are welcome in my box anytime!       I pray for you daily, will pick up the pace and be storming Heaven's Gates re:your surgeries. Love ya'!     an angelic monkey

Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2011, 07:52:24 PM »

Abba, I belong to You.
Abba, I belong to You.
Abba, I belong to You.
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2011, 07:53:25 PM »

Still praying for Sister's mom and all Monkeys in need of solace.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2011, 09:12:32 PM »

Abba, I belong to You.
Abba, I belong to You.
Abba, I belong to You.
Shalom my dear friend, shalom!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2011, 07:51:59 AM »

It is wonderful to give you thanks, O God, and to sing praises to you, O Most High.  The dawn is a gift of your abiding mercy, the night passes safely, thanks to your grace.  We arise to grant you all glory and honor; we bow down before you and worship your name.  We can herald the arrival of a new day of faithfulness because of Christ Jesus, in whose name we pray.  Amen and Amen.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2011, 05:40:36 AM »

Let your light shine on us today, O God, that we may participate in your glory. Melt the hardness of our hearts.  Let Christ reveal to us a better way.  May the life of Jesus truly become our standard.  Help us to look with compassion on the needs of our sisters and brothers.  Make us channels of your healing and reconciling power.  Fill our mouths with your words of blessing.  Release our hands to do your work.  Set our feet in the direction you would have us go, and equip us daily, we pray, for the tasks you give us.  Amen and Amen.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2011, 10:44:10 PM »

Merciful Healer, who causes the dawn to break and turns the night into morning, we give you thanks for promised new life.  In you is hope which has endured throughout the ages . . . with you abides the assurance that we are not alone.  When perils confront us and cause anxious moments, you ease our unrest with your comforting presence.  There are some for whom daybreak brings foreboding . . . they are the lonely, the forgotten, the terminally ill.  For them the flush of the morning is tinged with the drim reality that confronts them.  Help us bring consolation to those known to use, and return to our memory those whom we have forgotten.  May we reach out to touch them and remind them we care.  When the times comes for some to cross over, may we be their companion until they abide eternally with you.  For others who embark on the day full of promise, we rejoice in their anticipation and give you the glory.  Let their laughter be a chorus of alleluias to your mercy, their confidence a tribute to your Spirit within them.  May their enthusiasm be contagious, so that we all may become infused with ardor for task the day brings.  We join them and dance through the hours that await us, uplifting others to the new life in Christ and it is in his name we pray.  Amen and Amen. 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2011, 07:16:21 AM »

O God, in whom is all our peace and power, we lift also our intercessions unto you . . . for your church and your people throughout the earth that we may be instructed in your ways and may make those decisions and take those actions which shall restore the peace . . . for our brothers and sisters in New Zealand . . . for our brothers and sisters in Eygpt . . . for the lonely and troubled of soul . . . for those tried by temptation or baffled by difficulty . . . for those who are in illness and in pain for whom the days are slow and long . . . for those who are too busy and those who are not busy enough . . . for those for whom the light of life has gone out in the darkness of death. Surround them and us with strength to bear their burdens . . . patience to wait the full revelation of your will . . . and the grace of enough light for each day’s walking.
We pray all these things in the name of the One who spoke your Word, who kept your Word, who is your Word – ever our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.  Amen and Amen.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2011, 10:15:37 AM »

To all the monkeys who have walked or are walking in difficult times:
written by Ray Palmer             
             My faith looks up to thee,
   thou Lamb of Calvary,
   Savior divine!
   Now hear me while I pray,
   take all my guilt away,
   O let me from this day
   be wholly thine!

May thy rich grace impart
   strength to my fainting heart,
   my zeal inspire!
   As thou hast died for me,
   O may my love to thee
   pure, warm, and changeless be,
   a living fire!

While life's dark maze I tread,
   and griefs around me spread,
   be thou my guide;
   bid darkness turn to day,
   wipe sorrow's tears away,
   nor let me ever stray
   from thee aside.

When ends life's transient dream,
   when death's cold, sullen stream
   shall o'er me roll;
   blest Savior, then in love,
   fear and distrust remove;
   O bear me safe above,
   a ransomed soul!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2011, 10:02:13 AM »

Comforting and confronting spirit, you are among us to still the troubled waters and make healing possible.  Each day we hear the frustration of your people, drowning in a cesspool of violence, sinking in the seas of sin.  Children are abused, spouses are inflicted with pain, innocent people are brutalized.  We cry out for relief.  Save us from ourselves.  Amen and Amen.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2011, 05:43:12 AM »

God of the circling years, whose faithfulness spans generations, your grace and mercy continually astound us.  Through Christ you have entered our world, walked where we walk, shared our infirmities, been touched by our joys and sorrows.  You hear the prayers of all who bow down before you as Christ intercedes on their behalf.  We can utter our halting phrases with assurance that Christ will translate the stammers and stutters into thoughts that communicate our love.  We are thankful we need hide nothing from you.  You know our longings and desires, our fears and temptations.  We hear again of how Christ drew apart to spend time in prayer, his tears testifying to the frightening prospect of death.  We sense the sorrow he endured, and witness his unyielding confession of trust in your will.  Through him we too can endure.  We await the day when all hearts shall love you and Christ shall reign supreme.  In the meantime, we shall continue to call on your guidance, for we know not what each day shall bring.  We shall arise with assurance that the dawn brings resurrection, and confront each moment as a time of grace.  When the sun sets, we pray that our efforts will be found worthy of your mercy and grace.  In his name we pray, Amen and Amen.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2011, 11:14:16 AM »

Here we bring before you, O God, the experiences of lifetimes and the dreams of lives yet to be lived.  Here we offer the problems and the potential of our days upon the earth.  We cannot offer you more than what we are, but we rejoice that you have promised this is enough.  It is your grace that may meet us here and lead us into what you would have us be.
Understand our prayers for all those whom we love.  Help them, our Father, in the trials we see them bear, in the tasks for which we are so helpless to offer counsel, and with the burdens whose weight we cannot carry as our own.  Understand also the griefs we now express individually for those whom we have lost, whose presence we cannot replace, and for whom our hearts can never cease to love and care.  Accept our gratitude for the blessings we have received, and receive our confession that we have not blessed others so much as we have sought to bless ourselves.  Then, from this honest place in our hearts of who we are today, our Father, make us in your strength into the people we should yet become. Amen and Amen.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2011, 10:30:10 AM »

O God, you have bound us together in this life.
Give is grace to understand how our lives depend on the
courage, the industry, the honesty, and the integrity of all who labor.
May we be mindful of their needs, grateful for their faithfulness, and faithful in our responsibilities to them; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen and Amen.
Reinhold Niebuhr, U.S.A., 20th Cent,.Alt.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2011, 01:51:59 PM »

*Call of Remembrance
Leader: When we remember the stockbrokers, office workers, maintenance workers, bystanders, window-washers and all the others who worked together so valiantly to help each other, we can say together:
All: We remember great courage.Leader: When we recall the firefighters who rushed upstairs as most everyone else was racing out, we can say together,All: We remember selfless service.
Leader: When we recall the police officers who stood to protect and defend the people and performed their duties until the towers came crashing down on top of them, we can say together,
All: We remember selfless sacrifice for the safety of others.Leader: When we recall the thousands of workers, women and men and, old and young, single and married, American-born and those born in countries around the world who did not escape the buildings, we can say together,
All: We remember the loss of human life.
Leader: When we recall those citizens who rushed to help, did all they could to help, we can say together,
All: We remember and give thanks for dutiful commitment to those in distress.Leader: When we recall the people who stood in line at the nation's blood banks to make living donations from their very bodies, we can say together,
All: We give thanks for those who live on to pass on life and love.Leader: When we remember the millions of Americans who gave so generously of their life and labor to endow funds to help the survivors and their families recover from their losses, we can say together,
All: We are grateful for generosity.
Remembrance begins with deep, personal identification. It begins with remembering the affliction of our brothers and sisters, and marking their pain as our own. Remembrance is a sacred moment when we raise up and hold to the light of the eternal moment, the good who have passed.

Leader: In our sadness, horror and shock we acknowledge that our own fears turned murderous and we have sought revenge, sometimes against even the innocent.
All: We confess and regret our own anger and recognize its dangers to our spirits, our health, our community, and others.Leader: In the midst of the aftermath of the events of September 11th, 2001 we have been tempted to seek only our own good, hear only our own truth, acknowledge only our own suffering.
All: We know that peace will come to us and to our children only when the concerns of justice anywhere become the subject of political and social will everywhere, and that no justice leads to no peace.Leader: In striving for national security and domestic peace we run the risk of confusing might for right and participating in the very behaviors we
condemn.
All: Guard and guide our country that in our search for security we may not trample the rights of the innocent nor disregard the rule of law. Let us not confuse leadership within the global community as the voice for the whole community.
Repentance means to turn away from wrong deeds. Repentance means choosing instead deeds which require moral restraint, and are more beneficial to all persons who suffer.

Leader: We recall with joy the unity we felt in the outpouring of help, kindness, thoughtful words and deeds from at home and around the world.
All: We must hold firmly to our unity, borne forward now not of tragedy but of loving kindness.Leader: We place fresh confidence in international organizations and conversations that bring the diverse gifts of the world to the problems of poverty, injustice, terror and strife.
All: We long for wise policies that forego short term gain for long term stability, justice and peace.
Leader: In a year filled with tragedy we dare to hope for an era yet to come in which the slaughter of innocents, greed, the ambitions of power, and cultural, racial and religious bigotries are but memories of a dim and unenlightened past.

Unison Prayer:
God of the ages, before your eyes all empires rise and fall yet you are changeless. Be near us in this age of terror and in these moments of remembrance. Uphold those who work and watch and wait and weep and love. By your Spirit give rise in us to broad sympathy for all the peoples of your earth. Strengthen us to comfort those who mourn and work in large ways and small for those things that make for peace. Bless the people and leaders of this nation and all nations so that warfare, like slavery before it, may become only a historic memory. We pray in the strong name of the Prince of Peace. Amen and Amen. --Liturgy by Rev. Eileen W. Lindner and Rev. Marcel A. Welty, National Council of Churches.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2011, 01:54:08 PM »

*Call of Remembrance
Leader: When we remember the stockbrokers, office workers, maintenance workers, bystanders, window-washers and all the others who worked together so valiantly to help each other, we can say together:
All: We remember great courage.
Leader: When we recall the firefighters who rushed upstairs as most everyone else was racing out, we can say together,
All: We remember selfless service.Leader: When we recall the police officers who stood to protect and defend the people and performed their duties until the towers came crashing down on top of them, we can say together,
All: We remember selfless sacrifice for the safety of others.
Leader: When we recall the thousands of workers, women and men and, old and young, single and married, American-born and those born in countries around the world who did not escape the buildings, we can say together,
All: We remember the loss of human life.
Leader: When we recall those citizens who rushed to help, did all they could to help, we can say together,
All: We remember and give thanks for dutiful commitment to those in distress.
Leader: When we recall the people who stood in line at the nation's blood banks to make living donations from their very bodies, we can say together,
All: We give thanks for those who live on to pass on life and love.
Leader: When we remember the millions of Americans who gave so generously of their life and labor to endow funds to help the survivors and their families recover from their losses, we can say together,
All: We are grateful for generosity.
Remembrance begins with deep, personal identification. It begins with remembering the affliction of our brothers and sisters, and marking their pain as our own. Remembrance is a sacred moment when we raise up and hold to the light of the eternal moment, the good who have passed.

Leader: In our sadness, horror and shock we acknowledge that our own fears turned murderous and we have sought revenge, sometimes against even the innocent.
All: We confess and regret our own anger and recognize its dangers to our spirits, our health, our community, and others.
Leader: In the midst of the aftermath of the events of September 11th, 2001 we have been tempted to seek only our own good, hear only our own truth, acknowledge only our own suffering.
All: We know that peace will come to us and to our children only when the concerns of justice anywhere become the subject of political and social will everywhere, and that no justice leads to no peace.
Leader: In striving for national security and domestic peace we run the risk of confusing might for right and participating in the very behaviors we condemn.
All: Guard and guide our country that in our search for security we may not trample the rights of the innocent nor disregard the rule of law. Let us not confuse leadership within the global community as the voice for the whole community.
Repentance means to turn away from wrong deeds. Repentance means choosing instead deeds which require moral restraint, and are more beneficial to all persons who suffer.

Leader: We recall with joy the unity we felt in the outpouring of help, kindness, thoughtful words and deeds from at home and around the world.
All: We must hold firmly to our unity, borne forward now not of tragedy but of loving kindness.
Leader: We place fresh confidence in international organizations and conversations that bring the diverse gifts of the world to the problems of poverty, injustice, terror and strife.
All: We long for wise policies that forego short term gain for long term stability, justice and peace.
Leader: In a year filled with tragedy we dare to hope for an era yet to come in which the slaughter of innocents, greed, the ambitions of power, and cultural, racial and religious bigotries are but memories of a dim and unenlightened past.

Unison Prayer:
God of the ages, before your eyes all empires rise and fall yet you are changeless. Be near us in this age of terror and in these moments of remembrance. Uphold those who work and watch and wait and weep and love. By your Spirit give rise in us to broad sympathy for all the peoples of your earth. Strengthen us to comfort those who mourn and work in large ways and small for those things that make for peace. Bless the people and leaders of this nation and all nations so that warfare, like slavery before it, may become only a historic memory. We pray in the strong name of the Prince of Peace. Amen and Amen. --Liturgy by Rev. Eileen W. Lindner and Rev. Marcel A. Welty, National Council of Churches.

self-edit

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.