March 28, 2024, 06:39:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scriptures  (Read 36166 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 01, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
   because he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor.
   He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives
   and recovery of sight to the blind,
   to let the oppressed go free,
   to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”    –  Luke 4:18-19

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 01:46:38 PM »

Colossians 3:12-16a, 17
As God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.  Bear with one another and, if anyone has a complaint against another, forgive each other; just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.  Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.  And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in the one body.  And be thankful.  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly . . . And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 04:24:56 PM »

“If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves,
and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways;
then I will hear from heaven, and forgive their sin,
and will heal their land.” 
– 2 Chronicles 7:14

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 08:53:34 AM »

Isaiah 55:8-9.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 08:07:42 AM »

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me.  Do not cast me away from your presence, and do not take your holy spirit from me.  Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and sustain in me a willing spirit.
Psalm 51:10-12

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 01:39:18 AM »

“Only take heed, and keep your soul diligently, lest your forget the things which your eyes may have seen; make them known to your children and your children’s children.”  -- Deuteronomy 4:9 RSV

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 03:09:11 PM »

“The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul that seeks him.  It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.”
 – Lamentations 3:25-26

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 03:54:40 PM »

And I will make of thee a great nation,
and I will bless thee, and make thy name great;
and thou shalt be a blessing. 
And I will bless them that bless thee,
and curse him that curseth thee;
and in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

Genesis 12:2-3

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 11:02:01 AM »

"You did not choose me but I choose you.
And I appointed you to go and bear fruit,
fruit that will last, so that the Father will
give you whatever you ask in my name."

-- John 15:16

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 12:32:28 PM »

“In accordance with God’s promise,
we wait for new heavens and a new earth,
where righteousness is at home.”

– 2 Peter 3:13

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 12:03:53 AM »

MATTHEW 6:5—13

5And whenever you pray, do not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, so that they may be seen by others.  Truly I tell you, they have received their reward.  6But whenever you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
7When you are praying, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do; for they think that they will be heard because of their many words.  8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9”Pray then in this way:
   Our Father in heaven,
   hallowed be your name.
   10Your kingdom come.
   Your will be done,
   on earth as it is in heaven.
   11Give us this day our daily bread.
   12And forgive us our debts,
   as we also have forgiven our debtors.
   13And do not bring us to the time of trial,
   but rescue us from the evil one.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 07:47:30 PM »

Jesus said, “Therefore do not be anxious, saying ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ . . . your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be yours as well”
Matthew 6:31-33

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 01:54:50 PM »

“'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Jeremiah 29:11

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 11:03:10 PM »

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? . . . I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
-- Psalm 27:1, 13-14

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 11:31:53 PM »

The assurance of God's love
Romans 8:31-39
31What, then, shall we say in response to this?  If God is for us, who can be against us?  32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all-how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen?  It is God who justifies. 34Who is he that condemns?  Christ Jesus, who died-more than that, who was raised to life-is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 01:19:51 AM »

"Call upon me and I will answer thee and show you great and mighty things you know not." -- Jeremiah 33:3

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 11:32:16 PM »

Leviticus 26:3-6:
If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees of the field their fruit.  Your threshing will continue until grape harvest and the grape harvest will continue until planting, and you will eat all the food you want and live in safety in your land.  I will grant peace in the land, and you will lie down and no one will make you afraid.  I will remove savage beasts from the land, and the sword will not pass through your country.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 11:38:19 PM »

And he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well;
go in peace, and be healed of your disease."

Mark 5:34

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 12:26:44 PM »

See Meditations for "Sin of Excuses" - meditation on this scripture

GENESIS 3:1-13: Now the serpent was more crafty than any other wild animal that the LORD God had made.  He said to the woman, “Did God say, ‘You shall not eat from any tree in the garden’?” The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden: but God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden, nor shall you touch it, or you shall die.’”  But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not die; for God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”  So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate.  Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made loincloths for themselves.
They heard the sound of the LORD God, walking in the garden at the time of the evening breeze, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.  But the LORD God called to the man, and said to him, “Where are you?” He said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.” He said, “Who told you that you were naked?  Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?”  The man said, “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit from the tree, and I ate." Then the LORD God said to the woman, “What is this that you have done?”  The woman said, “The serpent tricked God me and I ate.”

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 05:57:23 PM »

After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no man could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belong to our God who sits upon the throne, and to the Lamb!” . . . Then one of the elders addressed me, saying, “Who are these, clothed in white robes, and whence have they come?”  I said to him, “Sir you know.” And he said to me, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation, they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.  Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve him day and night within his temple; and he who sits upon the throne will shelter them with his presence.  They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; . . . for the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water; and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
Revelation 7:9-10; 13-17

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.