March 28, 2024, 12:26:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scriptures  (Read 36169 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 12:29:57 AM »

The Psalmist writes:
Out of the depths I cry unto thee, O Lord!
Lord, hear my cry.  Let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplication.  If thou, Lord, should mark iniquities, Lord, who could stand?  But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou may be feared. I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word do I hope.  My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning.  O Israel, hope in the Lord!  For with the Lord is great mercy.  With him is plenteous redemption, and he will redeem Israel from all their sins.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2010, 11:13:10 PM »

“Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be shot in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields yield not meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stall, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation" (Habakkuk 3:17-18, KJV).

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 07:25:04 PM »

Philippians 2:5-11
   Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited, but emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, being born in human likeness.  And being found in human form, he humbled himself and because obedient to the point of death -- even death on a cross.  Therefore God also highly exalted him and gave him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 07:53:33 AM »

Comfort, 0 comfort my people, says your God.  Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and cry to her that she has served her term, that her penalty is paid, that she has received from the Lord's hand double for all her sins.
A voice cries out: “In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.  Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places a plain.  Then the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all people shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
A voice says, “Cry out!”  And I said, “What shall I cry?”  All people are grass, their constancy is like the flower of the field.  The grass withers, the flower fades,
when the breath of the Lord blows upon it; surely the people are grass.  The grass withers, the flower fades; but the word of our God will stand forever.
Get you up to a high mountain, O Zion, herald of good tidings; lift up your voice with strength, O Jerusalem, herald of good tidings, lift it up, do not fear; say to the cities of Judah, “Here is your God!”  See, the Lord God comes with might, and his arm rules for him; his reward is with him, and his compense before him.  He will feed his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms, and carry them in his bosom, and gently lead the mother sheep.
Isaiah 40:1-11

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 08:04:43 PM »

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my whole being shall exult in my God; for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation, he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.  For as the earth brings forth its shoots, and as a garden causes what is sown in it to spring up, so the Lord God will cause righteousness  and praise to spring up before all the nations.                                - Isaiah 61:10-11

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2010, 03:59:28 PM »

For a child has been born for us, a son given to us;authority rests upon his shoulders; and he is named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 05:52:54 AM »

Deuteronomy 10:19
“Love ye therefore the stranger, for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.”

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 11:56:57 AM »

John 1:51
“You shall see greater things than these,” says Jesus.  “Truly, truly, I say to you, you will see heaven opened, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.” 
It's a marvelous prediction.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 07:22:07 AM »

“So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.” Ephesians 4: 11-16 (NIV)

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 07:36:40 AM »

Matthew 17:20,21" . . . For truly I tell you, if you have faith as a grain of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.  But this kind does not come out except by prayer and fasting."

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 04:56:54 AM »

"O LORD, who may abide in your tent?  Who may dwell on your holy hill?  Those who walk blamelessly, and do what is right, and speak the truth from their heart; who do not slander with their tongue, and do no evil to their friends, nor take up reproach against their neighbors; in whose eyes the wicked are despised, but who honor those who fear the LORD; who stand by their oath even to their hurt; who do not lend money at interest, and no not take a bribe against the innocent.  Those who do these things shall never be moved."
Psalm 15

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 06:11:40 AM »

“And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.”
 John 12:32, KJV

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 08:59:58 AM »

Ephesians 3:14-21
For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »

Luke 6:37-42 (New International Version, ©2010)

Judging Others
37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
 39 He also told them this parable: “Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40 The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher. 41 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42 How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »

“...Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength;
they will mount up with wings like eagles,
they will run and not get tired,
they will walk and not become weary.”
Isaiah 40:31

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 05:44:24 AM »

Psalm 121 (King James Version)

1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2011, 06:41:46 AM »

Jesus has a word for us: “Come to me all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls” (Matthew 11:29-30).
Jesus has a word for us: “You must be born again” (John 3:3). 
Jesus has a word for us: “I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly” (John 10:10).
Jesus has a word for us: “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted” (Matthew 5:4). 
Jesus has a word for us: “I am standing at the door, knocking; if you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to you and eat with you, and you with me” (Revelation 3:20).
Jesus has a word for us: “Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but those who drink of the water that I will give them will never be thirsty.  The water that I give will become in them a spring of water gushing up to eternal life” (John 4:13-14).

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2011, 07:43:42 AM »

Psalm 123:1
Unto thee do I lift up mine eyes, O thou that sittest in the heavens.

Psalm 6:9
The LORD has heard my plea for mercy. The LORD accepts my prayer.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2011, 07:19:48 AM »

Matthew 21:1-11 (Palms Liturgy)
When they had come near Jerusalem and had reached Bethphage, at the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them, "Go into the village ahead of you, and immediately you will find a donkey tied, and a colt with her; untie them and bring them to me. If anyone says anything to you, just say this, 'The Lord needs them.' And he will send them immediately." This took place to fulfill what had been spoken through the prophet, saying, "Tell the daughter of Zion, Look, your king is coming to you, humble, and mounted on a donkey, and on a colt, the foal of a donkey."  The disciples went and did as Jesus had directed them; they brought the donkey and the colt, and put their cloaks on them, and he sat on them.  A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, and others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road.  The crowds that went ahead of him and that followed were shouting, "Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest heaven!"  When he entered Jerusalem, the whole city was in turmoil, asking, "Who is this?"  The crowds were saying, "This is the prophet Jesus from Nazareth in Galilee."

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 07:31:10 PM »

The Gospel of John
The Resurrection
Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene came to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb.  So she ran and went to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one whom Jesus loved, and said to them, “They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid him.”  So Peter went out with the other disciple, and they were going toward the tomb.  Both of them were running together, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first.  And stooping to look in, he saw the linen cloths lying there, but he did not go in.  Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb. He saw the linen cloths lying there, and the face cloth, which had been on Jesus’ head, not lying with the linen cloths but folded up in a place by itself.  Then the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went in, and he saw and believed; for as yet they did not understand the Scripture, that he must rise from the dead.  Then the disciples went back to their homes.  But Mary stood weeping outside the tomb, and as she wept she stooped to look into the tomb. And she saw two angels in white, sitting where the body of Jesus had lain, one at the head and one at the feet.  They said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?”  She said to them, “They have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid him.”  Having said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing, but she did not know that it was Jesus.  Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?  Whom are you seeking?”  Supposing him to be the gardener, she said to him, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away.”  Jesus said to her, “Mary.”  She turned and said to him in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means Teacher).  Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to( my God and your God.’”  Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord” — and that he had said these things to her.

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.