April 26, 2024, 03:41:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #26 10/9/09 - 10/15/09  (Read 410920 times)
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1400 on: October 13, 2009, 10:37:04 PM »

So it would have been prescription only and not OTC.  TY, ty.

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1401 on: October 13, 2009, 10:40:36 PM »

It has really been a long time since they took it off the market for over the counter.

And yeah I can tell it the way I feel it. I am so sick of these sorry azz parents doing harm to their kids. If you don't want them give them to someone who does. Oh wait....that would cut out all the welfare checks and food stamps so they can sit home on their lazy butts and drink, drug, and shack up and doff off another innocent child that they don't want every nine months.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1402 on: October 13, 2009, 10:45:34 PM »

It has really been a long time since they took it off the market for over the counter.

And yeah I can tell it the way I feel it. I am so sick of these sorry azz parents doing harm to their kids. If you don't want them give them to someone who does. Oh wait....that would cut out all the welfare checks and food stamps so they can sit home on their lazy butts and drink, drug, and shack up and doff off another innocent child that they don't want every nine months.

Not to mention the "benefits" they are gathering on the back of the child

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1403 on: October 13, 2009, 10:51:14 PM »

That is the honest truth....you would not believe how many kids in the U.S. support their parents instead of the other way around.

God Bless!
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1404 on: October 13, 2009, 10:53:09 PM »

I remember when my mom would have to get a presription for paragoc lol how ever u spell it. They did take it off the markett because of parents not useing it as directed. And it has been off the market for a long time. He is now 28.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1405 on: October 13, 2009, 10:57:20 PM »

I remember when my mom would have to get a presription for paragoc lol how ever u spell it. They did take it off the markett because of parents not useing it as directed. And it has been off the market for a long time. He is now 28.

Not unless it has been in the last 8 months, I just had my stepson at my house and he had it for E-Coli.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1406 on: October 13, 2009, 10:59:29 PM »

Omg you are not kidding my dad lived with me for 7 years. And about 2months ago my mom moved in. And my dad could not stand it he hates my mom. And he moved out. And now he hates me all because I did the same thing for my mom as I did for him. I did not tell my dad no. When he needed me. I sure could not turn my mom down. And he has said some reallr awefull things about me and has not talked to me or anything. And he has. Been in the hospital 3 times in a month n a half. He has copd and cronic lung disease. I am just so shocked that he treated me the way he has and still does. It hurts me bad.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1407 on: October 13, 2009, 11:01:52 PM »

That is the honest truth....you would not believe how many kids in the U.S. support their parents instead of the other way around.

I'm afraid to even ask ow many, we have the A's and those who have followed their path Octomom, Jon and Kate, and soooooo many others, makes me sick

[
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1408 on: October 13, 2009, 11:02:18 PM »

Really , you cant buy paragoric anymore, dang that shows how long its ben since mine were babies, ok I will wait and see what dsneslp, comes up with then......I have to get something that you can buy over the counter for the time being..

HH - It may be different everywhere --  where I live you can't get paregoric over the counter, but you can get it behind the counter.  Have to ask one of the pharmacy employees for it & depending on the pharmacy, they may scan your driver's license or have you sign for it, no prescription.

Just like if you get the original Nyquil with the good stuff in it. 

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1409 on: October 13, 2009, 11:03:18 PM »

Well don't know bout that. The only thing I know is they don't give it out for you to give to your child that has problems sleeping.
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1410 on: October 13, 2009, 11:04:14 PM »

Luvmyboys, I was talking about little kids whose parents collect welfare checks and what not because they are to lazy to work...not grown kids taking care of elderly parents.

God Bless!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1411 on: October 13, 2009, 11:06:33 PM »

Well don't know bout that. The only thing I know is they don't give it out for you to give to your child that has problems sleeping.

It's main usage is for intestinal problems (thats why some pediatricians will give it for colic, and mine gave it for teething), but they are usually pretty rigid as it's a derivative of Opium But if you have severe intestinal problems it's usually not that hard to get prescribed.

[
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1412 on: October 13, 2009, 11:08:17 PM »

Oh my bad darla
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1413 on: October 13, 2009, 11:11:29 PM »

I wonder why Marie stopped twittering -- or did she open a different account?  The one I have, the last time she left a msg was 10/7

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1414 on: October 13, 2009, 11:22:17 PM »

Paregoric, or camphorated tincture of opium, also known as tinctura opii camphorata, is a medication known for its antidiarrheal, antitussive, and analgesic properties. It was a household remedy in the 18th and 19th centuries, when it was widely used to calm fretful children. In the 20th century its use declined as governments regulated it. Until very recently in the U.S., paregoric was a Schedule V drug, and was available over-the-counter in pharmacies in several states by simply signing a register/logbook. Today, paregoric can still be found in the pharmacopeia, but it has been re-regulated as a Schedule III drug under the Controlled Substances Act.) The drug is available now only by medical prescription.

The principal active ingredient is powdered opium (containing the equivalent of 0.4 mg/mL of morphine). Other ingredients are benzoic acid, camphor, glycerin, anise oil and purified water. The main effect of this preparation is to increase the muscular tone of the intestine, and also to inhibit normal peristalsis. Its main medicinal use is to control fulminant diarrhea. It is also an antitussive (cough suppressant). Problems with its use include opiate dependency and analgesia which can mask symptoms of diseases that need treatment.

more...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paregoric

Heart
Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1415 on: October 13, 2009, 11:23:38 PM »

I wonder why Marie stopped twittering -- or did she open a different account?  The one I have, the last time she left a msg was 10/7

I saw a few comments the other day round the net, that said Marie announced on her MySpace page that she was closing her MS and Twitter accounts because of nasty comments. 

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1416 on: October 13, 2009, 11:26:19 PM »

Omg you are not kidding my dad lived with me for 7 years. And about 2months ago my mom moved in. And my dad could not stand it he hates my mom. And he moved out. And now he hates me all because I did the same thing for my mom as I did for him. I did not tell my dad no. When he needed me. I sure could not turn my mom down. And he has said some reallr awefull things about me and has not talked to me or anything. And he has. Been in the hospital 3 times in a month n a half. He has copd and cronic lung disease. I am just so shocked that he treated me the way he has and still does. It hurts me bad.

OT: kinda.
Luvmyboys, I just wanted to say that we went through that with Dad and mom as well, and I don't know your dad, but for some,the prospect of death is over whelming and scary. It is more then some can handles and some just don't know how to handle it so they push everyone away by lashing out. I do think some lash out and push loved ones away because they think it may be easier on the loved ones when that time comes. Just love your dad and let him know you love him no matter what, it may hurt when he is mean,but when he is,just remind yourself that he is in a place that is over whelming him and he is trying to cope,he does not love you any less. In the end, you will be proud of yourself and know that he left this world knowing that you loved him no matter what. I know it is unsolicited advice,but I know how bad it hurts and just wanted to extend a hand. Hugs to you.

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1417 on: October 13, 2009, 11:28:39 PM »

Good advice Searching - Now come take care of my dad!

Nah, I am kidding, I would not give him up for anything.
Still, I have heard your advice loud and clear.  TY

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1418 on: October 13, 2009, 11:28:56 PM »

Really , you cant buy paragoric anymore, dang that shows how long its ben since mine were babies, ok I will wait and see what dsneslp, comes up with then......I have to get something that you can buy over the counter for the time being..

HH - It may be different everywhere --  where I live you can't get paregoric over the counter, but you can get it behind the counter.  Have to ask one of the pharmacy employees for it & depending on the pharmacy, they may scan your driver's license or have you sign for it, no prescription.

Just like if you get the original Nyquil with the good stuff in it. 

Paregoric was available 'over-the-counter' on a signature basis in the United States until the Controlled Substance Act classed it as a Schedule III Narcotic in 1973.
http://www.answers.com/topic/paregoric

Heart
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1419 on: October 13, 2009, 11:31:07 PM »

I think she was thiking of not using her Myspace or twitter accounts because some people were directly tweeing ugly things to her, like how disppointed in her they were etc., and other nasty comments. I realize people talk bad about both sides of HaLeigh's family, but to send it addressed to her in a tweet knowing who she is in pretty sad

[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.