April 24, 2024, 10:15:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #26 10/9/09 - 10/15/09  (Read 410824 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: October 10, 2009, 02:04:03 AM »

IM, NG also gave examples of some of Misty's lies, she came down really hard on her, she showed the footage of Misty talking to the guy at the airport and saying that she didnt fail those poly's because that weekend was a lie, then she turned around and showed the clip from the Early Show where Misty said on there that she did fail the poly's and it was because she felt guilty from being the last one to see HaLeigh.....I was glad when she took up for Crystal.......thats why my avi still has NG as a hero for the time being..

oh and TN said Misty hasn't signed the divorce papers yet, and she seemed a bit p.o.'d that she hadn't.

I've been really busy but I did catch that part of the interview and was rather surprised.  Seems to me it was just a couple of days ago that Ronald filed for divorce.  I don't even think Misty has been in the same town since he did.  So he would have to track her down to get the papers to her and I'm assuming they would need to be notarized. 

I just don't understand why all the "surprise" over the divorce papers not being signed yet.

Me neither but it sure looked like they expected her to either go back to the lawyers office & sign them as soon as they told her they were ready - only takes about 15 minutes to type up a simple divorce paper - or else they fed ex'd them to her & she hadn't returned them.

When the road rage fiasco occurred, Misty was reportedly on her way to her lawyer's.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: October 10, 2009, 02:24:42 AM »

Looks like Misty's lawyer has dropped her as a client.

http://www.staugustine.com/stories/101009/news_2072176.shtml

Lawyer drop Misty Cummings

By RICHARD PRIOR Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009

Misty Cummings' lawyer, who failed to talk her out of going to New York for a nationally televised interview Friday morning, is no longer representing her.

The announcement came the same day his former client suggested someone on her husband's side of the family may know what happened to her missing stepdaughter.

"I can't really speak about the reasons, other than Misty doesn't need me any more," said Robert Fields, with the Palatka firm of Dowda & Fields. "She's an adult now; she's married.

"She can make her own decisions."

Cummings is the stepmother of HaLeigh Cummings, who was 5 years old when she disappeared from her father's Satsuma mobile home the night of Feb. 9.

Cummings, who was Ronald Cummings' live-in girlfriend at the time, was babysitting HaLeigh and her younger brother while their father worked a night shift as a crane operator.

She is the last known person to have seen the child.

Misty and Ronald Cummings were married March 12, one month after the child disappeared.

Ronald Cummings' attorney confirmed Tuesday that he was asking his wife for a divorce.

Fields said he contacted Cummings on Thursday after hearing she was planning to appear on the CBS Morning News on Friday.

She said she would not but flew to New York for the show anyway.

Fields said he texted her, notifying her of his decision, when the program aired. He didn't know if she actually got the message because she hadn't called him back as of Friday night.

Helping get clients through difficult times relies less on newsprint and the glare of television cameras, and more on "boring, gray, straight line work," Fields said.

Cummings apparently didn't agree.

On-line chat rooms are filled with reaction to Cummings' appearance on national television as well as the traffic stop she was caught up in on Wednesday.

A driver on Interstate 4 called 911 and said the driver of a car Cummings was riding in had threatened her with a handgun as they raced down the roadway, in a scene that one on-line blogger compared to "Thelma and Louise."

A Seminole County Sheriff's deputy had the car pull off at the Lake Mary exit.

Cummings, 17, and the driver, identified as Donna Brock, 43, were handcuffed and the car searched. They were released when no weapon was found.

Brock has been identified as a volunteer - or, perhaps, a former volunteer -- with EquuSearch, a Texas-based search and recovery group that the missing girl's family called on just after the disappearance.

Tim Miller, owner of EquuSearch, later became openly critical of Misty Cummings for months, insisting she knows more than she's telling investigators.

An Orlando Sentinel article said Brock lives in Georgia.

The incident report filed by the Seminole County Sheriff's Office lists the alleged victim of the "road rage" clash as Courtney Ballinger, 25. The report says her address is in Massachusetts.

The zip code for her address is Madison, Miss.

The area code for her two phones is Orlando.

Ballinger has been identified on a Facebook page as being as friend, or acquaintance, of "Steph," a man who runs a chat site devoted to HaLeigh Cummings and her disappearance.

That has led some on-line speculators to wonder out loud if the alleged encounter on the interstate was accidental.

Fields said his decision to no longer represent Cummings had nothing to do with the alleged "road rage" incident.

"This had everything to do with me advising her not to go into a potentially dangerous situation and her ignoring that advice," he said. "If she would listen to me, I believe I could get her through this."

Cummings appeared Friday on CBS Morning News in New York wearing a white "Have You Seen Me?" sweat shirt with a large photograph of her missing stepdaughter in the middle.

With her hair falling past her shoulders, she looked even younger than her 17 years.

She said her husband "tells me it's just too much pressure on us right now," when the interviewer asked if she knew why divorce papers had been filed.

She also said near the end of the five-minute interview that she and her husband may get back together if HaLeigh is found and their lives return to "normal."

The interviewer asked if the pending divorce meant Ronald Cummings had begun to think she had something to do with his daughter's disappearance.

"No," she said. "I don't think so. He hasn't really said much about it. He believes me. He doesn't think I had anything to do with HaLeigh going missing."

Asked if she had any ideas about what happened to the little girl, Cummings said, "Someone came and got her. Obviously."

"I feel like it's on the other side of the family that has her," she continued. "That's just how I feel."

Investigators haven't given that possibility a whole lot of attention, she suggested.

"I don't think they looked at everyone as close as they have me," she said.

Cummings calmly reflected on her possibilities when the interviewer asked about her immediate plans.

"I just need to move on and look for the right person," she said. "They're focusing on me. I'm not the one that has HaLeigh. I don't know where she is.

"They need to look for the person that does have HaLeigh."

jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #262 on: October 10, 2009, 02:33:25 AM »

TN is a big fat liar.
She sure is, she makes me ill 

And TN said she stands by Gods word if she prays for Haleigh to be alive then she will be found alive...

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: October 10, 2009, 02:34:37 AM »

Looks like Misty's lawyer has dropped her as a client.

http://www.staugustine.com/stories/101009/news_2072176.shtml

Lawyer drop Misty Cummings

By RICHARD PRIOR Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009

Misty Cummings' lawyer, who failed to talk her out of going to New York for a nationally televised interview Friday morning, is no longer representing her.

The announcement came the same day his former client suggested someone on her husband's side of the family may know what happened to her missing stepdaughter.

"I can't really speak about the reasons, other than Misty doesn't need me any more," said Robert Fields, with the Palatka firm of Dowda & Fields. "She's an adult now; she's married.

"She can make her own decisions."

Cummings is the stepmother of HaLeigh Cummings, who was 5 years old when she disappeared from her father's Satsuma mobile home the night of Feb. 9.

Cummings, who was Ronald Cummings' live-in girlfriend at the time, was babysitting HaLeigh and her younger brother while their father worked a night shift as a crane operator.

She is the last known person to have seen the child.

Misty and Ronald Cummings were married March 12, one month after the child disappeared.

Ronald Cummings' attorney confirmed Tuesday that he was asking his wife for a divorce.

Fields said he contacted Cummings on Thursday after hearing she was planning to appear on the CBS Morning News on Friday.

She said she would not but flew to New York for the show anyway.

Fields said he texted her, notifying her of his decision, when the program aired. He didn't know if she actually got the message because she hadn't called him back as of Friday night.

Helping get clients through difficult times relies less on newsprint and the glare of television cameras, and more on "boring, gray, straight line work," Fields said.

Cummings apparently didn't agree.

On-line chat rooms are filled with reaction to Cummings' appearance on national television as well as the traffic stop she was caught up in on Wednesday.

A driver on Interstate 4 called 911 and said the driver of a car Cummings was riding in had threatened her with a handgun as they raced down the roadway, in a scene that one on-line blogger compared to "Thelma and Louise."

A Seminole County Sheriff's deputy had the car pull off at the Lake Mary exit.

Cummings, 17, and the driver, identified as Donna Brock, 43, were handcuffed and the car searched. They were released when no weapon was found.

Brock has been identified as a volunteer - or, perhaps, a former volunteer -- with EquuSearch, a Texas-based search and recovery group that the missing girl's family called on just after the disappearance.

Tim Miller, owner of EquuSearch, later became openly critical of Misty Cummings for months, insisting she knows more than she's telling investigators.

An Orlando Sentinel article said Brock lives in Georgia.

The incident report filed by the Seminole County Sheriff's Office lists the alleged victim of the "road rage" clash as Courtney Ballinger, 25. The report says her address is in Massachusetts.

The zip code for her address is Madison, Miss.

The area code for her two phones is Orlando.

Ballinger has been identified on a Facebook page as being as friend, or acquaintance, of "Steph," a man who runs a chat site devoted to HaLeigh Cummings and her disappearance.

That has led some on-line speculators to wonder out loud if the alleged encounter on the interstate was accidental.

Fields said his decision to no longer represent Cummings had nothing to do with the alleged "road rage" incident.

"This had everything to do with me advising her not to go into a potentially dangerous situation and her ignoring that advice," he said. "If she would listen to me, I believe I could get her through this."

Cummings appeared Friday on CBS Morning News in New York wearing a white "Have You Seen Me?" sweat shirt with a large photograph of her missing stepdaughter in the middle.

With her hair falling past her shoulders, she looked even younger than her 17 years.

She said her husband "tells me it's just too much pressure on us right now," when the interviewer asked if she knew why divorce papers had been filed.

She also said near the end of the five-minute interview that she and her husband may get back together if HaLeigh is found and their lives return to "normal."

The interviewer asked if the pending divorce meant Ronald Cummings had begun to think she had something to do with his daughter's disappearance.

"No," she said. "I don't think so. He hasn't really said much about it. He believes me. He doesn't think I had anything to do with HaLeigh going missing."

Asked if she had any ideas about what happened to the little girl, Cummings said, "Someone came and got her. Obviously."

"I feel like it's on the other side of the family that has her," she continued. "That's just how I feel."

Investigators haven't given that possibility a whole lot of attention, she suggested.

"I don't think they looked at everyone as close as they have me," she said.

Cummings calmly reflected on her possibilities when the interviewer asked about her immediate plans.

"I just need to move on and look for the right person," she said. "They're focusing on me. I'm not the one that has HaLeigh. I don't know where she is.

"They need to look for the person that does have HaLeigh."

Thanks Brandi,

Misty would have been better off listening to her lawyer and taking his advice....sounds like she has really got herself in a mess now.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: October 10, 2009, 02:37:49 AM »

Misty was really lucky to have had Fields as her lawyer, too. He has a great reputation.

She really should have listened to him.

Her loss, and maybe Haleigh's gain. Maybe we'll find out where Haleigh is now.

Just maybe.

my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: October 10, 2009, 03:16:03 AM »

I guess that Misty thinks that she can do whatever she wants without consequences .....I think that is all about to change....
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: October 10, 2009, 06:47:35 AM »

Nancy Grace Transcripts  10/09/09
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/09/ng.01.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: October 10, 2009, 06:49:42 AM »

Misty was really lucky to have had Fields as her lawyer, too. He has a great reputation.

Just maybe.

Ya know Misty's interview & cockiness with Bob Kealing at the airport compared to her interview on The Early Show were very sharp in contrast.   Its one thing wondering why her own family would sacrifice her for a xanax or Ron/TN are backing away from their previous defending her (too long to expound on that one) but when decent, reputable individuals cannot support her nor believe her its significant.  The fact that this attorney resigned as her attorney, very telling.   I hope this equates to answers as to what happened to Haleigh & finding out for certain the person(s) responsible so they can be prosecuted to the fully extent of the law.    I truly believe the snit is about to hit the fan now, its about dang time!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: October 10, 2009, 06:54:35 AM »

Dr. Lillian Glass on Nancy Grace0 Misty Cummings Body Language on the Early Show
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q4GSrA4_Dq0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q4GSrA4_Dq0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #269 on: October 10, 2009, 07:35:25 AM »

Good Morning Monks!

So, now Misty is without a lawyer.  What will happen the next time LE wants to talk with her?  Without legal representation, is she fair game for LE?
Could this be part of the plan by TM ?  Or Lord, I hope so.   
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: October 10, 2009, 08:01:08 AM »

Good Morning Monks!

So, now Misty is without a lawyer.  What will happen the next time LE wants to talk with her?  Without legal representation, is she fair game for LE?

Well they can ask her anything they want & she has the choice to answer.  Basicaly, if she is arrested, she gets mirandarized (rights read) she then has a choice to answer questions or remain silent and ask for counsel (if she doesnt have one nor can afford one, one will be appointed to her-PD public defender)

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2009, 08:02:49 AM »

Good Morning Monks!

I hope so too.   

~ Peter Frampton
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #272 on: October 10, 2009, 08:34:37 AM »

Good Morning Monks!

Well they can ask her anything they want & she has the choice to answer.  Basicaly, if she is arrested, she gets mirandarized (rights read) she then has a choice to answer questions or remain silent and ask for counsel (if she doesnt have one nor can afford one, one will be appointed to her-PD public defender)

good answer Capp. I wonder if the smug little smirk that Iam sure she wears every time she says to LE "I've got and attorney" will be gone?

OT - why is O4Bull's avi showing up next to everyone?

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: October 10, 2009, 09:20:46 AM »

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/10/10/news/news01.txt
Misty on police radar despite comments on TV

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Saturday, October 10, 2009 2:44 AM EDT
After eight months of scrutiny, Misty Cummings says the police and public need to focus their attention on someone else.

"They just need to move on and look for the right person because they're focusing on me, and I'm not the one who has Haleigh," the 17-year-old told CBS's "Early Show" co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez in a segment aired Friday. "I don't know where she is so they need to look for the person that does have Haleigh."

Misty Cummings was babysitting then 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings the night the kindergartner disappeared from her Satsuma home last February.

But authorities investigating the child's disappearance say Misty Cummings' statements have been inconsistent and they will continue to press for answers.

"She does have information that we need," Putnam County sheriff's spokesman Lt. Johnny Greenwood said Friday. "There are still things that she has been telling us that do not match the physical evidence."

Cummings flew to New York on Thursday to appear on the CBS program against her attorney's recommendation. During Friday's interview, Cummings appeared subdued. She wore a T-shirt with Haleigh's photo.

She told Rodriguez she thinks Haleigh is alive, and family members are holding her.
"Someone came in and got her, obviously," Cummings said. "I feel like it's on the other side of the family that has her."

Cummings wasn't pressed for further details, such as whether the "other side of the family" was her estranged husband, Ronald Cummings, or the family of Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield.

Ronald Cummings' attorney termed Misty Cummings' assertion "absolutely ludicrous."

"That was stated merely for the purpose of deflecting attention away from her," lawyer Brandon Beardsley told the Orlando Sentinel.

Cummings, who reportedly has failed several lie detector tests, said she was only supposed to undergo hypnosis when she took the latest polygraph in August. She attributed the failures to "I feel like it's my fault because I was the last one seen with her."

Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, has said he was divorcing Misty Cummings. The paperwork is set to go through next week, according to her attorney, Robert Fields of Palatka.

Misty Cummings discussed the pending divorce with Rodriguez.

"If that's what happens, it happens," Cummings said. "We're going to still stay in contact. And if something happens down the road, then we might end up back together. I don't know."

Cummings also told Rodriguez that the divorce has nothing to do with her criticism from investigators.
"He tells me, it's just too much pressure on us right now," she said of her husband. "And you know, I got family problems. My family's trying to start problems. It's just too hard.

"He believes me. He doesn't think I had anything to do with Haleigh going missing."

Added Cummings, "I just want everything to be back to normal. I want Haleigh home," Cummings said.

CBS acknowledged the network paid Misty Cummings' travel expenses to appear on the program and said a second segment would be aired on Monday in which she further criticizes her family.

The sheriff's office has now received approximately 5,000 tips since Haleigh was reporting missing at 3:27 a.m. Feb. 10.

Cummings, who was babysitting Haleigh the night she disappeared, told authorities she put Haleigh to bed at 8 p.m., and awoke at 3 a.m. to discover the child missing. She married Ronald Cummings about a month later.

Authorities have said they believe Haleigh was abducted. No suspects have been identified.

~ Peter Frampton
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #274 on: October 10, 2009, 09:46:07 AM »

I think we were all being played with all of this lately. Not TM, but Ron, Teresa and Misty. It does seem staged. All of this media blitz to what ? Protest that they all know nothing ?
twocents
Scared Monkey

« Reply #275 on: October 10, 2009, 09:50:30 AM »

Ok... jumping off a branch to add my 2 cents! Is it just me or does Misty not look upset about the divorce? What 17 year old girl does not get upset about a breakup with their boyfriend (in this case husband). It just doesn't make sense. I for one think its all just a big ruse. Neither of them look to concerned about it. I think they have no intentions of getting a divorce.
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #276 on: October 10, 2009, 09:57:43 AM »

I wonder if the girl at the bar who told TM that she saw Misty out that night also saw Haleigh and Jr with her or did she leave them at home?

strayze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #277 on: October 10, 2009, 09:58:32 AM »

sailcat thank-you for your input. This is the way they live, their parents took drugs, so what is wrong if they do and have kids, I'm sure it is a very hard thing to break, that is what they are use to 

You're exactly right, No Rose! The drug culture is extremely difficult to break out of. Having had my own problems with addiction many years ago, I understand how difficult it is to quit, as well as the way that drugs & alcohol can influence a person's decisions. But the culture that Misty and Ron belong to is waaaay over the edge in my opinion. Even most alcoholics and addicts have enough sense to take care of their children. -Sailcat

That is not true.  There are extremely self-centered and irresponsible alcoholics who do not provide even the minimal care for their families.  Alcoholics by definition are self-centered.  While he lived the high-life, my father left his family to fend for themselves, by "borrowing" from neighbors.  Our public school teachers took up collections for school supplies, band uniforms, school trips, etc.  I don't know how my sister and I would ever have made it without the kindness of our teachers.  BTW, my father's ego was way to huge to sign the applications for public assistance, so that left us in a double bind. It was this double bind situation that really was so lethal, leaving us for many years to come to deal with our profound disgust with our father, the self-centered alcoholic.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #278 on: October 10, 2009, 10:01:50 AM »

Just maybe.
Never a dull moment, Misty messed up big time not listening to her lawyer, wonder if she will get another?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #279 on: October 10, 2009, 10:03:19 AM »

Ok... jumping off a branch to add my 2 cents! Is it just me or does Misty not look upset about the divorce? What 17 year old girl does not get upset about a breakup with their boyfriend (in this case husband). It just doesn't make sense. I for one think its all just a big ruse. Neither of them look to concerned about it. I think they have no intentions of getting a divorce.
I think it is a scam, I think whatever they can get away with by scamming they will. They are in the money now 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.