April 25, 2024, 08:06:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #26 10/9/09 - 10/15/09  (Read 410874 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #420 on: October 10, 2009, 08:32:43 PM »

Fanny, I read your post and you have a valid point. Misty being " pampered " by TES. If it had worked it would have been a good investment considering how much money various agencies have dumped into the search black hole.
Maybe Donna was picked as she had a good rapport with Misty. A goody two shoes type would not have worked. 
And Can, now there are four Canuck monkeys that I know of, plus Dana.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #421 on: October 10, 2009, 08:39:36 PM »

quotes from steph and misty from
http://stephww.wordpress.com/category/featured/

When I asked about visiting law enforcement she detailed what that visit entailed.

“I was there to tell them where I was staying, and tell them how to reach me. I was there for about an hour yesterday before I left for Orlando. I just listened as they talked and never asked me any questions.”

What did they say to you?

“I can’t talk about that right now.”

i was not aware misty, had to report in where she is, with the putnam LE

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: October 10, 2009, 08:45:30 PM »

I certainly understand how you are feeling.

And I agree, at least TM is trying to help, whereas we don't see anyone else trying.

And I also know how to post unpopular opinions. LOL

I know neither you nor I are here to be popular, though.

We are here in the interest of finding out where Haleigh is!

Just wanted to say this, although it is not much.

Thanks Brandi. I know there must be others that feel the same way and I know there are some that feel Tim can do no wrong. I don't even like feeling the way I do. 

We all want to find Haleigh, no matter our viewpoints. Everyday we get up thinking this might be the day to find her. It is that way on several threads. Sometimes it is very disheartening and depressing. But then again, maybe tomorrow will be the day.   an angelic monkey

My view doesn't appear to be very popular either. My guess is that TM works on the sly for LE doing things they can't get away with. For all we know, LE could be footing the bill for Misty's mani.........

N2WISHN it just might be LE, but I would put my money on Mark NeJame.
heart, so would I.

I have just never seen bad behavior being rewarded ever comes out good, especially for a seventeen year old street smart twit.  There should be consequences for bad behavior in my view. She already knows how to work the system. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #423 on: October 10, 2009, 08:52:50 PM »

Well, from where I sit (which is often around the "tables") we are self centered. But we also love our kids. When I was actively drinking, I really really wanted to take care of my kids - unfortunately sometimes I got in the way. I know nothing of drug addicts since I am not one. But as a recovered alcoholic, I know that we do get lost in our selves. We do hurt our family. We do not want to change until very late in the game, however. We do not know what we do is wrong. We really THINK we are functioning. We THINK we are taking care of our families. Not until we reach a turning point within ourselves (not from emotional appeals from our family or from a judge) do we change and see the falsity of our lives. Then we do need help from something bigger than ourselves. In my book, it is not an addiction counselor or a treatment center - by definition we are beyond human aid. We have to be ready to give up our will - which is not an easy thing.

I do not see Misty or Ron or any of the other players in this case ready to do that. All I see are spoiled little kids that expect Mommy and the world to fix what they screw up.

<<< monkey hugs >>>

for you, theboyzmom, and any other monkey having reached this clarity in their lives.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #424 on: October 10, 2009, 08:57:10 PM »

And I agree, at least TM is trying to help, whereas we don't see anyone else trying.

Thanks Brandi. I know there must be others that feel the same way and I know there are some that feel Tim can do no wrong. I don't even like feeling the way I do. 

We all want to find Haleigh, no matter our viewpoints. Everyday we get up thinking this might be the day to find her. It is that way on several threads. Sometimes it is very disheartening and depressing. But then again, maybe tomorrow will be the day.   an angelic monkey

My view doesn't appear to be very popular either. My guess is that TM works on the sly for LE doing things they can't get away with. For all we know, LE could be footing the bill for Misty's mani.........

heart, so would I.

I have just never seen bad behavior being rewarded ever comes out good, especially for a seventeen year old street smart twit.  There should be consequences for bad behavior in my view. She already knows how to work the system. JMO

Well I for one cannot grasp what the point was/is of revealing this info including and especially the threesome info except perhaps distraction,  since the DB cover had been blown and posters dug up who she is and who she worked for.

We've gone through this sensationalism before with Cobra,  AH, and KP and still no HaLeigh.

It is pretty disgusting to me.

Heart
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #425 on: October 10, 2009, 08:59:21 PM »

Sorry about typos.  For anything longer than a few lines (quotes included), I'm forced to type blind.

O/T but a Monkey helped me with this the other day as I had the same problem. Look up to your browser bar and left click on Page. Go down to Compatability View Settings. Click on View all websites in Compatability View. This saved my sanity as I had the same problem after switching to IE 8.

O/T - I have tried again to use IE8 with the compatability view checked and IE8 is just way too slow for me.  Not to mention the Flash10 errors I kept getting that would close down IE8.  I've finally decided to get used to Firefox.  I've had zero errors and it is much faster than IE8.

End of public service announcement 

LOL Klaas!    

My thoughts exactly.  Firefox is the way to go!!  IE (any number) is errrrmm <thoughts deleted for the sake of decency>. 

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #426 on: October 10, 2009, 08:59:33 PM »

Now this kind of irresponsible blogging is what gets to me:

http://www.bloggernews.net/122585

Haleigh Cummings – Step Mom’s Lawyer Files For Divorce!
Posted on October 10th, 2009
by Simon Barrett in Op-ed, crime

NOWHERE in the article does Simon mention anything about DIVORCE! But there it is in the headline.

(I hate giving him hits by mentioning this, but it is annoying and shows how some are just sensationalizing the story for hits.)

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Confusing BNN Article Title means that Misty's Lawyer Has Quit (Divorced Her)
http://twitter.com/HaleighNewz

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #427 on: October 10, 2009, 09:03:50 PM »

Would you like to be my friend. I'm available and
I have secrets to tell!

Heart
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #428 on: October 10, 2009, 09:04:01 PM »

heart, so would I.

Well I for one cannot grasp what the point was/is of revealing this info including and especially the threesome info except perhaps distraction,  since the DB cover had been blown and posters dug up who she is and who she worked for.

We've gone through this sensationalism before with Cobra,  AH, and KP and still no HaLeigh.

It is pretty disgusting to me.
Heart, I agree. I think we have come to expect more from Tim because of his character and credibility. His choice of words as well as associates such as Ms. Brock are troubling to me.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #429 on: October 10, 2009, 09:07:27 PM »

RT @hobbitt55: LLM Papa on Simon Barrett http://bit.ly/1gb25kabout 1 hour ago from HootSuite

http://twitter.com/HaleighNewz

Heart
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #430 on: October 10, 2009, 09:08:06 PM »

I have a question to ask, and maybe someone can tell me. I know that Twitter is a new way to communicate ideas. I admit to being Twitter ignorant, so bear with me.

Ever since I have been on SM we have all brought over blogs, and other things we have found on the web, usuallly with a link. Sometimes we have even brought over a comment or two from a blog or a story. But it seems to me that twitter comments are mostly gossip, or statements made by anon people that show no proof at all there is any truth in what they are saying. So why is it now, for the past several months, a lot of what we are discussing is something brought over from Twitter that is not necessarily known to be the truth. Sometimes there is one by the author of the blog, but many times it is just anonymous posters. It sound like a gossip party line to me.

Sometimes, two different Twitters sites say two totally opposite things. Like last night one said Crystal had been stopped, and one said she had not. I think this whole twitter business is causing a lot of gossip and confusion going on, instead of working with actual links.

Please,  someone show me where I am wrong about this. 

Thank you for saying this, Fanny.  I am 'twitter challenged', and totally agree with what you've described. 

strayze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #431 on: October 10, 2009, 09:09:26 PM »

sailcat thank-you for your input. This is the way they live, their parents took drugs, so what is wrong if they do and have kids, I'm sure it is a very hard thing to break, that is what they are use to 

You're exactly right, No Rose! The drug culture is extremely difficult to break out of. Having had my own problems with addiction many years ago, I understand how difficult it is to quit, as well as the way that drugs & alcohol can influence a person's decisions. But the culture that Misty and Ron belong to is waaaay over the edge in my opinion. Even most alcoholics and addicts have enough sense to take care of their children. -Sailcat

That is not true.  There are extremely self-centered and irresponsible alcoholics who do not provide even the minimal care for their families.  Alcoholics by definition are self-centered.  While he lived the high-life, my father left his family to fend for themselves, by "borrowing" from neighbors.  Our public school teachers took up collections for school supplies, band uniforms, school trips, etc.  I don't know how my sister and I would ever have made it without the kindness of our teachers.  BTW, my father's ego was way to huge to sign the applications for public assistance, so that left us in a double bind. It was this double bind situation that really was so lethal, leaving us for many years to come to deal with our profound disgust with our father, the self-centered alcoholic.
My apologies, Strayze. I misspoke and did not express myself well. I'm truly sorry. -Sailcat
It depends upon what one's line of work is, or in the alternative, one's experiences when expressing our concerns about addicts.  In my line of work, an addict is by definition self-cenbtered.  The degree of self-centeredness can vary I suppose.  The addict is entrapped in a hopeless struggle.  It takes some kind of help to become unaddicted.  It cannot be done alone.  One cannot simply think one's way back to the sober life.  I've seen marvelous recoveries where the former addict emerges the produtive empathetic human being that God intended.

Well, from where I sit (which is often around the "tables") we are self centered. But we also love our kids. When I was actively drinking, I really really wanted to take care of my kids - unfortunately sometimes I got in the way. I know nothing of drug addicts since I am not one. But as a recovered alcoholic, I know that we do get lost in our selves. We do hurt our family. We do not want to change until very late in the game, however. We do not know what we do is wrong. We really THINK we are functioning. We THINK we are taking care of our families. Not until we reach a turning point within ourselves (not from emotional appeals from our family or from a judge) do we change and see the falsity of our lives. Then we do need help from something bigger than ourselves. In my book, it is not an addiction counselor or a treatment center - by definition we are beyond human aid. We have to be ready to give up our will - which is not an easy thing.

I do not see Misty or Ron or any of the other players in this case ready to do that. All I see are spoiled little kids that expect Mommy and the world to fix what they screw up.
Often it not treatment centers or addiction or alcohol counselors that provide the best  guidance.  Often group ,meetings such as alcoholics anomymous work wonders- - - - and it is free.  Learning from and getting support from others can be very helpful.  Nontheists get sober too.  Primary to sobering up is the desire to kick the habit.  Often people come to realize that they do have a problem when confronted by a supervisor or by trusted family members or friends..  As for Croslin families and most likely the Cummings families, there may be no sober family members or friends to confront Misty and Ron.  I'm appalled at Misty's use at such a young age.  It appears that at 17, she is a seasoned user.  I'm wondering what she will look like at 30- - - possibly like her mother.  With a population of families like the Cummings and Croslins, the police must be kept busy.  Addicts and alcoholics are nonproductive and  the cause of criminal acts.  They also are the cause of admissions to the emergency nrooms, something that productive taxpayers pay for, as Ers must treat all comers. Addicts and alcoholics are a big drain on society.
strayze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #432 on: October 10, 2009, 09:17:49 PM »

I have a question to ask, and maybe someone can tell me. I know that Twitter is a new way to communicate ideas. I admit to being Twitter ignorant, so bear with me.

Ever since I have been on SM we have all brought over blogs, and other things we have found on the web, usuallly with a link. Sometimes we have even brought over a comment or two from a blog or a story. But it seems to me that twitter comments are mostly gossip, or statements made by anon people that show no proof at all there is any truth in what they are saying. So why is it now, for the past several months, a lot of what we are discussing is something brought over from Twitter that is not necessarily known to be the truth. Sometimes there is one by the author of the blog, but many times it is just anonymous posters. It sound like a gossip party line to me.

Sometimes, two different Twitters sites say two totally opposite things. Like last night one said Crystal had been stopped, and one said she had not. I think this whole twitter business is causing a lot of gossip and confusion going on, instead of working with actual links.

Thank you for saying this, Fanny.  I am 'twitter challenged', and totally agree with what you've described. 

I too am NOT impressed with Twitter.  I don't get it- - - - other than an abbreviated medium for gossip.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #433 on: October 10, 2009, 09:27:12 PM »

I too am NOT impressed with Twitter.  I don't get it- - - - other than an abbreviated medium for gossip.

I get it, just don't care to use it.  I have an account but you would be bored if you followed me, LOL    I feel like Miley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tSOTQPUQoU
strayze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #434 on: October 10, 2009, 09:30:21 PM »

Sorry about typos.  For anything longer than a few lines (quotes included), I'm forced to type blind.

O/T but a Monkey helped me with this the other day as I had the same problem. Look up to your browser bar and left click on Page. Go down to Compatability View Settings. Click on View all websites in Compatability View. This saved my sanity as I had the same problem after switching to IE 8.

O/T - I have tried again to use IE8 with the compatability view checked and IE8 is just way too slow for me.  Not to mention the Flash10 errors I kept getting that would close down IE8.  I've finally decided to get used to Firefox.  I've had zero errors and it is much faster than IE8.

LOL Klaas!    

My thoughts exactly.  Firefox is the way to go!!  IE (any number) is errrrmm <thoughts deleted for the sake of decency>. 

I've tried it Blu, and it worked.  In my computer it's under Tools, and all one has to do is to click on "compatibility view".  Thank you very much.  I would never have known if you had not clued me in.  Much easier than struggling as before.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #435 on: October 10, 2009, 09:32:21 PM »

The same people that are twitting in this case are the same people that are in the various forums. 

Some info in forums are someone ones opinion, the same that is in the twitts and opinions do not have links. When I copy and paste a post from twitt, I post the link unless I forget.  There is info posted on twitt that is good info and then there is just gossip and scrabbling.

When there is misinfo such as Crystal being pulled over by LE, there will be/was  someone to come along and clear it up, just like in the forum, just like some of the mis-info in the media.

Not knocking the poster that posted here last week about Hank Croslin, and Tommy Croslin's name being heard on the LE scanner.  Others heard it also and posted it on twitter, but to my knowledge nothing ever came of it.

Today it is the twitter age, tomorrow it will be something else in the world of technology.

http://twitter.com/theearlyshow
http://twitter.com/myfoxorlando
http://twitter.com/docstoc
http://twitter.com/THESKY973DOTCOM
http://twitter.com/TexasEquuSearchisher

Heart
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #436 on: October 10, 2009, 09:33:03 PM »

Fanny - I hope you feel better soon.   As far as your feelings for TM and DB. They are your feelings and you should voice them if it bothers you. This is why this board is so great. Trust me you are not alone in feeling this way. TM is a great man and does wonderful things for families. I however do believe this was not the best choice that he made.

If he made this choice, I have to think it was done with all his best intentions at heart.  It's kind of an eye-opener for me, because I have such a high regard for Tim Miller that it's difficult at best to realize he can be wrong at times.   This choice, IMO, may come back to haunt him.  And yet, for me, it does not negate all the wonderful things he's done, and the wonderful man he is.  JMO. 

Do we know where the money came from?  If from Tim, whether it was his own money, or did it have backing from TES itself?  I have a hard time believing he would use donations for this with Misty.  I do know that he has put his all into TES, every bit of himself, including his own money, time, even risking his own health in the process.  Perhaps he feels there is a portion of the 'undesignated' funds to use in the way he feels best?  I dunno.  Am struggling with this part.  And hope to gosh I'm not just kidding myself.  Maybe someone can help me to better understand? 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #437 on: October 10, 2009, 09:37:56 PM »

Can anyone see me in here

I see you, luvmyboys, but you are streaking thru.     Which only means that your avatar isn't showing. 

strayze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #438 on: October 10, 2009, 09:53:50 PM »

quotes from steph and misty from
http://stephww.wordpress.com/category/featured/

When I asked about visiting law enforcement she detailed what that visit entailed.

“I was there to tell them where I was staying, and tell them how to reach me. I was there for about an hour yesterday before I left for Orlando. I just listened as they talked and never asked me any questions.”

What did they say to you?

“I can’t talk about that right now.”

i was not aware misty, had to report in where she is, with the putnam LE

According to Steph ( stephww.wordpress.com/category/featured/ ) Misty states that she plans to go back to school.   She certainly will have a challenge to fill in from grade 4.  I hope she has the ability to stick it out with all the distractions, many of her own making.  Perhaps its easier for a teenager to advance through remedial grade school education.  It would be easier if she would be more forthcoming with LE and stop hiding what she knows about the circumstances of the night of Haleigh's dissappearance.  Perhaps she needs protective custudy if what she is afraid of is truly life-threatening, but I don't understand that system at all.  I've been concerned about Misty's physical state the night of the disappearance, given her 3 day partying/sexing spree.  I can't imagine that she had a clear mind in her drug-filled body.  Her biggest challenge to getting her desired education is the necessity to kick her years-long drug habit.  She truly cannot achieve her goal with her drug habit.  She will need all the courage she can muster, and perhaps the help of self-help groups such as narcotics anonymous.
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #439 on: October 10, 2009, 09:54:10 PM »

LOL Klaas!    

I've tried it Blu, and it worked.  In my computer it's under Tools, and all one has to do is to click on "compatibility view".  Thank you very much.  I would never have known if you had not clued me in.  Much easier than struggling as before.
Glad it helped.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.