May 04, 2024, 11:05:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #26 10/9/09 - 10/15/09  (Read 412310 times)
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #720 on: October 12, 2009, 11:08:16 AM »

G'Morning Monkeys!!

I slept thru the Early Show, but I see there is nothing new, except Misty still trying to throw people under the bus.  It is still my opinion, that Misty doesnt give a chit bout anything but Misty. Somebody knew where Misty was, or waited for her to pass out an took HaLeigh. If there was an  "accident", Misty had help.
Sometimes I wonder if someone was going to teach Misty a lesson and it all went terribly wrong, Or if Misty was paying of a debt.

For Misty to insinuate that it was Crystal or her family is down right pathetic.

Sometimes I think that Misty was jealous of HaLeigh, after all, she was daddy's little girl and looks so much like her mother...and her comming of a binge just couldnt stand hearing HaLeigh say I want my mommy.

See this is what is wrong with this case, sooo many theories...and it all comes down to the last person to see HaLeigh, and she cant answer a simple question.

Where is the truth serum?????

Ok Im done.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: October 12, 2009, 11:12:23 AM »

Thanks for the links to the Early Show videos. That was a whole lot of nothing, wasn't it?   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #722 on: October 12, 2009, 11:22:14 AM »

Ron has been hiding behind his mama his while life.  IMO.  Misty had her chance at national TV and the world's attention swung to Ron for his 'rebuttal'.  Ball in his court, he *could have* stepped up like a man.. for Haleigh.. "his heart".  So what does he do?  He hides behind his attorney.  How very convenient for Ron.  Family illness?  Pffffft.  IMO, unless Ron were laying at the brink of death, he should have made that interview.  My doxie is a bigger man than Ron is, at least he has had the nerve to step up to a pitbull, bark and stand his ground. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: October 12, 2009, 11:24:38 AM »

"Ronald Cummings was supposed to appear on the show Monday morning, but dropped out at the last minute."

Due to illness of Butterbean and other family members????????????  I call

I agree.....BS.....He is more than likely playing catch up with Misty....I feel like Crystal feels defeated by this whole bunch....but I am surprised that Marie does not visit Sinsuma and beat Mistys azz....can Crystal call Misty out for "slander"?

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #724 on: October 12, 2009, 11:24:59 AM »

IMO, the ball is now in the Sheffield's court.  Enter stage left, with the Sheffield's swinging.  And I wouldn't blame them one dang bit.  Buckle up and hang on folks, this is likely gonna be a bumpy ride.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: October 12, 2009, 11:34:34 AM »

Ron has been hiding behind his mama his while life.  IMO.  Misty had her chance at national TV and the world's attention swung to Ron for his 'rebuttal'.  Ball in his court, he *could have* stepped up like a man.. for Haleigh.. "his heart".  So what does he do?  He hides behind his attorney.  How very convenient for Ron.  Family illness?  Pffffft.  IMO, unless Ron were laying at the brink of death, he should have made that interview.  My doxie is a bigger man than Ron is, at least he has had the nerve to step up to a pitbull, bark and stand his ground. 

His lawyer even said today that Ron's MOTHER had called right before show time and said Ronnie was sick and wouldn't be there. Why couldn't Ron call him himself?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #726 on: October 12, 2009, 11:44:18 AM »

I agree.....BS.....He is more than likely playing catch up with Misty....I feel like Crystal feels defeated by this whole bunch....but I am surprised that Marie does not visit Sinsuma and beat Mistys azz....can Crystal call Misty out for "slander"?

Am not sure Mymonkey.  The way that Misty said what she did, made it her opinion based on feelings, she didn't say it was a fact. 

And I'm no legal-beagle and could be wrong, but from what I understand, slander can be taken to court IF the statement of opinion can be proved true or false.  If so, then the case can be heard.  But IF the statement cannot be proved true or false, the court may dismiss. 

Seems to me, that to prove the statement of opinion wrong, Haleigh's case would need to be solved first.  After that, am thinking Crystal can then sue for defamation of character, slander, wrongful death and a whole bunch of other stuff. 

But that's just my opinion.  And it's Monday, could have it all wrong.  lol

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #727 on: October 12, 2009, 11:45:34 AM »

Misty Croslin Cummings' attorney steps away from case

By Karen Voyles
Staff writer

Published: Monday, October 12, 2009 at 10:50 a.m.
Last Modified: Monday, October 12, 2009 at 10:50 a.m.

The attorney who has represented Misty Croslin Cummings has stepped away from the case.

In an e-mail to The Sun on Monday morning, Robert Fields of Putnam County confirmed that he is no longer representing the stepmother of missing Haleigh Cummings.

His decision to stop representing Cummings was apparently made Friday, shortly after Cummings' appearance on the "CBS Early Show."

Fields reportedly advised Cummings not to appear on the nationally televised program, but she participated in an interview anyway. Within hours, Fields decided to discontinue representing her.

Cummings was caring for Haleigh before she disappeared from her father's home in February. Ronald Cummings was at work when his then-5-year-old daughter vanished. Misty Cummings, who was then Ronald's girlfriend and later married him, has said she woke in the early morning and noticed the girl was missing.

Fields' decision to stop representing Cummings marked the third time she has made national news in a week.

In the other incidents, Ronald Cummings announced he was divorcing her and she was stopped by police as part of a road rage incident.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20091012/ARTICLES/910129958/1002?Title=Misty-Croslin-Cummings-attorney-steps-away-from-case

Heart
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #728 on: October 12, 2009, 11:47:26 AM »

Am not sure Mymonkey.  The way that Misty said what she did, made it her opinion based on feelings, she didn't say it was a fact. 

And I'm no legal-beagle and could be wrong, but from what I understand, slander can be taken to court IF the statement of opinion can be proved true or false.  If so, then the case can be heard.  But IF the statement cannot be proved true or false, the court may dismiss. 

Seems to me, that to prove the statement of opinion wrong, Haleigh's case would need to be solved first.  After that, am thinking Crystal can then sue for defamation of character, slander, wrongful death and a whole bunch of other stuff. 

Thank You Wykes for answering that question for me.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #729 on: October 12, 2009, 11:47:27 AM »

and I should have said, 'wrongful death' only if it's proved that's what happened in this case.  we still don't even know whether Haleigh is alive out there somewhere, or .. not.   

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #730 on: October 12, 2009, 11:48:50 AM »

Who Has Haleigh Cummings?

Suspected Stepmom Claims Missing Girl's Biological Mother's Family is to Blame for 5-Year-Old's Disappearance

(CBS)  Misty Cummings blamed someone on "the other side of the family" for the disappearance of her 5-year-old stepdaughter Haleigh in part one of her exclusive interview Friday on "The Early Show."

But who did Cummings mean by "the other side"?

Cummings, who was babysitting Haleigh the night she disappeared in February, explained in part two of her interview that she meant someone on Haleigh's biological mother's side of the family.

Though Misty Cummings said she doesn't think Haleigh's natural mother, Crystal Sheffield, had anything to do with the disappearance, she said, "(Crystal) wasn't close with her daughter. She admitted that they didn't have a close relationship," Misty said. "... I don't think she personally had anything to do with it, just someone on her side of the family."

Haleigh Cummings' Stepmom Speaks Out

Cummings is currently a suspect in the case; she says she was sleeping beside Haleigh when she disappeared. But police say her story doesn't add up.

The 17-year-old stepmom, according to police, has failed to provide a detailed account of that night, and physical evidence contradicts what she told investigators.

Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, who married Misty a month after Haleigh's disappearance, has said through his attorney that he has noticed some discrepancies in Misty's story.

Terry Shoemaker, Ron Cummings' attorney said on "The Early Show," "(Ronald) always thought that she told the truth. He has had some concerns regarding what she has said, some discrepancies between different statements, but he has stood by her all along."

"She Wasn't There When I Woke Up"

Ronald, who was to appear on "The Early Show" with his lawyer, couldn't make the interview because of a family illness, Shoemaker said.

Ronald Cummings is now divorcing Misty, Shoemaker said -- not because Ronald doubts her story -- but because the pressure of the ongoing investigation into Haleigh's disappearance had been building up in the household.

As for Misty Cummings' claims about Sheffield's family, Shoemaker said Ronald Cummings has talked to Florida police about them, but he hasn't accused anyone.

"He doesn't know what took place that night," Shoemaker said, "And he said wants everybody to be looked in to."

And "everybody" includes his current wife, whose story, Shoemaker said, Ronald Cummings doubts somewhat.

Missing Girl's Sitter's Story Doubted

"He in no way believes that she was involved whatsoever. ... She has changed her story a little here and there," Shoemaker said, "but nothing major."

But Misty Cummings says her story of the night Haleigh went missing hasn't changed. "It's the same, it's the truth," she told Rodriguez.

Misty Cummings claims that in the middle of the night she discovered Haleigh had vanished from her bed. In February, she said that she found the trailer's back door wide open.

Cummings was also babysitting Haleigh's younger brother, Ronald Cummings Jr.

Cummings told Rodriguez she put Haleigh to bed at 8 p.m., and the last time she saw the little girl was at 10 p.m. when she herself was going to bed.

But, Rodriguez pointed out, Misty Cummings' own brother told police that when he went to the trailer that night, his sister wasn't there.

Cummings responded that she didn't leave the house at all that night. She said her brother is trying to get out of jail by implicating her.

"Your own brother would betray you like that?" Rodriguez asked.

"That's how my family is," Cummings said.

Although Florida police have focused their attention on Misty Cummings, Rodriguez said, they appear to be no closer to making an arrest.

Cummings told Rodriguez she's "100 percent positive" she had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance and that she doesn't know who did.

Florida police are still considering Cummings a suspect as the investigation goes forward.

"If that's what they got to do to find Haleigh, then look into me," she said. "But they just need to move on, look for the right person because I'm not the right person."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/12/earlyshow/main5378770.shtml

Heart
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #731 on: October 12, 2009, 11:51:11 AM »

His lawyer even said today that Ron's MOTHER had called right before show time and said Ronnie was sick and wouldn't be there. Why couldn't Ron call him himself?

OMG even worse!!  His mama calling in for him?      

Because he's a chicken snit, that's why.  IMO.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #732 on: October 12, 2009, 11:54:16 AM »

Thank You Wykes for answering that question for me.

You're welcome, Mymonkey.     Am hoping we get some legal-beagle-monkeys to give us the legal angle. 

JessStar, please weigh in!   

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #733 on: October 12, 2009, 11:59:52 AM »

IMO, the ball is now in the Sheffield's court.  Enter stage left, with the Sheffield's swinging.  And I wouldn't blame them one dang bit.  Buckle up and hang on folks, this is likely gonna be a bumpy ride.

This may make me unpopular here but so be it.  Crystal failed and is still failing imo.  I am sick of the excuses and imo she deserves none of them. 

Marie may come out -  Crystal I will not hold my breath for.  NG had it right when she stated to Crystal that Haleigh never had a chance.    jmo.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #734 on: October 12, 2009, 12:01:53 PM »

Morning Wyks.  I think Crystal will stay above the fray, as she has done thus far.
I should would like to shake Misty though!   Monkey Devil!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #735 on: October 12, 2009, 12:09:57 PM »

G'Morning Monkeys!!

I slept thru the Early Show, but I see there is nothing new, except Misty still trying to throw people under the bus.  It is still my opinion, that Misty doesnt give a chit bout anything but Misty. Somebody knew where Misty was, or waited for her to pass out an took HaLeigh. If there was an  "accident", Misty had help.
Sometimes I wonder if someone was going to teach Misty a lesson and it all went terribly wrong, Or if Misty was paying of a debt.

For Misty to insinuate that it was Crystal or her family is down right pathetic.

Sometimes I think that Misty was jealous of HaLeigh, after all, she was daddy's little girl and looks so much like her mother...and her comming of a binge just couldnt stand hearing HaLeigh say I want my mommy.

See this is what is wrong with this case, sooo many theories...and it all comes down to the last person to see HaLeigh, and she cant answer a simple question.

Where is the truth serum?????

Ok Im done.

Good morning SloSouthernStyle.  I'm a bit fired up myself this morning!

As LE says, Misty needs to clear up some things for them! 

MyView
Scared Monkey

« Reply #736 on: October 12, 2009, 12:11:01 PM »

This may make me unpopular here but so be it.  Crystal failed and is still failing imo.  I am sick of the excuses and imo she deserves none of them. 

Marie may come out -  Crystal I will not hold my breath for.  NG had it right when she stated to Crystal that Haleigh never had a chance.    jmo.

NOT unppular with me, I agree.
MyView
Scared Monkey

« Reply #737 on: October 12, 2009, 12:11:44 PM »

NOT unppular with me, I agree.
unpopular
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #738 on: October 12, 2009, 12:11:55 PM »

Why do they always have only Teresa Neves on as Haleigh's grandmother ?
Marie could handle herself. Misty, Teresa and Ron have nothing interesting to say.
I don't know, I wuz sleeping I wuz so exhausted fom taking all those drugs.
I wuz at work.
I don't know Miz Nancy.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #739 on: October 12, 2009, 12:13:39 PM »

Why do they always have only Teresa Neves on as Haleigh's grandmother ?
Marie could handle herself. Misty, Teresa and Ron have nothing interesting to say.
I don't know, I wuz sleeping I wuz so exhausted fom taking all those drugs.
I wuz at work.
I don't know Miz Nancy.

lol it seems you've got them down pat, Kat.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.