April 24, 2024, 05:06:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Petey goes for his puppy booster shots tomorrow.  He weighed 3.07lbs 3 weeks ago.  How much does he weigh now?  (Voting closed: January 22, 2010, 10:13:08 PM)
More than 4 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
More than 5 pounds - 7 (30.4%)
More than 6 pounds - 8 (34.8%)
More than 7 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
Who cares? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #53 11/24/09 - 1/21/10  (Read 500496 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1000 on: December 23, 2009, 12:06:09 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

While I was out yesterday I picked up Susan Boyles CD.  If you want to treat yourself to something wonderful you need to get it. I loved every song what a joy it was listening to her sing. 

I got it too, Green Eyes!

Thanks, Deenie, for the wrapping paper tip.  You are right, they even have it at Toys R Us along with their own brand.

What tip? I can't find the tip!   

Hi CBB!

Sorry this took so long:

The tip:

Santa, wrap some extra presents for Bearlyhere.

Monkey Devil!

Oops wrong one. 

Here it is:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6219.msg1038311#msg1038311

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1001 on: December 23, 2009, 12:12:54 PM »

Hi All,

Hope this works. I can only post the link. It is the cutest Christmas Card I've seen in a long time. Enjoy

http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/preview/flash/pdShell.swf?ihost=http://ak.imgag.com/imgag&brandldrPath=/product/full/el/&cardNum=/product/full/ap/3173936/graphic1

I LOVE IT!!!!   

I wish I knew how to embed that one, but since I don't, let me encourage everybody to watch it!!   

OMG this is to funny. This is the same one Sunny posted the other day. I couldn't get my computer to open when she posted it. Sorry Sunny about posting it again. It is a cute card that's for sure. Merry Christmas

Great Monkey minds, and all that!!!

It was definitely worth another look!

Besides, did you know that not everyone retro-posts!

True dat!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1002 on: December 23, 2009, 12:24:26 PM »

OK, I know this isn't something one should talk about but this puppy is really smart.  Right now he has the run of the entire living room.  There is one small area I put newspaper down and he walked all the way over to the paper to do his "business".  He's barely 8 weeks old 

But, did he do it in the business section?

And...can he do this?

Can he "go" in the woods?

Inquiring bears want to know!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1003 on: December 23, 2009, 12:35:54 PM »

Hi Mere    I posted a couple of short videos (although dark) and a photo on the previous page.  I'll post more pictures tomorrow.  He's so cute!

Yes, he is!!!

I am having puppy envy!!!!

Wow, Klaas!  You are right!!!  This is a smart dog!  Look at him walk backwards like that!  I think you should call David Letterman, pronto!

I am sending the pup an early Christmas present.  Please open immediately!  Here it is!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1004 on: December 23, 2009, 01:50:35 PM »

Hi QM!   

I think you have to change your name.   

There are at least three sides to every story, one side, the other side, and the true story.  If there is a bystander or two, there will be even more sides.  Just sayin'.

Hi Bearly, actually I did consider a name change. 
I agree with what you said about all the sides to the story, that is so true.

I love your name!  Quiet can be a demeanor and not a word count.

I think people should speak up on a regular basis and I have spent most of my life defending the rights of those who cannot to some degree.  I wish I had the strength to do it more, but I do what I feel I can, even if it means coming out of my comfort zone.  Right now I find myself in this situation, again, and I am quite disturbed that discrimination and bullying can exist so close to my "home."  Anger, both fortunately and unfortunately, is a great motivator. I realize fear can be a motivator too.  Unfortunately, it can also lead to complacency and stagnant behavior.  It is not just fight or flight that is the response of fear, but fight, flight, or "freeze."  Like the freeze tag played in the springtime of youth, it leaves people vulnerable and relying on others to recognize their plight, come to their rescue, and touch them in a way so they can move and go on to fend for themselves. 

In real life there are not always "aha" moments where the perpetrators of greed and oppression recognize the exclusivity of their behavior and the messages they perpetuate.  Sometimes the action or inaction comes from people close to you and speaking up, while still right, is very painful and as a result, your relationship will be severed or at least changed forever.  There are times where that person or people hold the key to access to others or other opportunities which you will be cut off forever, or at least temporarily.  It can cause heartache and can leave you changed with gaping holes in your heart forever. 

Speaking up is not always popular and battles should always be chosen carefully.  When you draw your line in the sand, make sure you are not standing in quicksand, you need to have firm ground to stand on.  Disappearing forever will never help, it only gives more power to those who would victimize the innocent and suppress the words of others.  Standing on your own ego will get you buried even deeper, it makes for an even bigger fall and larger hole to be sucked into.  Oppression knows no limits and is fed by the bystanders who come to the arena and just watch.

QM, as you have hopefully realized by now, this was not meant as thoughts directed at you, but my......musings, if you will, in this thread made for just that.  It is a small light shed on the continual dilemmas for those who would/should/could speak out.  One spark of light can ignite another until the rats will run and other predators will have no place to hide

Please remember this is a very hard year for those who surround you.  Volunteer in any way that becomes open to you, during this season of love, giving, and hope which for many is a season of emptiness, false promises, and despair.  Reach out to the vulnerable, even when it is not popular and can often be the painful thing to do.

Merry Christmas!

Santa, you get back here, there is room for childhood, laughter, and the special magic you bring to this holiday.

I believe in miracles!
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1005 on: December 23, 2009, 02:26:57 PM »

Hey there Bearly! 

Merry Christmas to you to!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all Monkeys!

RIP Sweet Puppy
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1006 on: December 23, 2009, 03:00:43 PM »

Bearly said.......

In real life there are not always "aha" moments where the perpetrators of greed and oppression recognize the exclusivity of their behavior and the messages they perpetuate.  Sometimes the action or inaction comes from people close to you and speaking up, while still right, is very painful and as a result, your relationship will be severed or at least changed forever.  There are times where that person or people hold the key to access to others or other opportunities which you will be cut off forever, or at least temporarily.  It can cause heartache and can leave you changed with gaping holes in your heart forever.
```````

You are so right.I didn't have an aha moment in my situation,but am faced with it just the same.I hope when I speak to this loved one we can work through it.
Wish me luck.Merry Christmas.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1007 on: December 23, 2009, 03:24:31 PM »

Bearly said.......

```````

You are so right.I didn't have an aha moment in my situation,but am faced with it just the same.I hope when I speak to this loved one we can work through it.

Aww Trimm, I don't know what you're talking about, but Good Luck to you whatever it is. 
Hope everything works out well! Merry Christmas an angelic monkey

RIP Sweet Puppy
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1008 on: December 23, 2009, 03:53:38 PM »

Bearly said.......

```````

Aww Trimm, I don't know what you're talking about, but Good Luck to you whatever it is. 

ditto what QM said from me too Trimm!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1009 on: December 23, 2009, 03:57:16 PM »

Bearly said.......

```````

QuietMonkey,you're so sweet.   
I just happened upon Bearly's post and it hit close to home.Sometimes things just take you by surprise and you have to back up and punt again.   an angelic monkey
Merry Christmas to you too. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1010 on: December 23, 2009, 03:58:03 PM »

Thanks Cookie.  Merry Christmas to you. 

~ Peter Frampton
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1011 on: December 23, 2009, 08:33:11 PM »

Medicare person I just spoke with on the phone, you were incredible!  Thank you for all of your help!  I hope Santa brings you a pile of presents and may all of your days be happy!

Medicare program run by the government, you still suck. 

If the government runs our health care program the way they run medicare, medicaid, our education, judicial, and tax systems, we are all screwed!

Our government at work:

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1012 on: December 23, 2009, 08:35:30 PM »

OK, I know this isn't something one should talk about but this puppy is really smart.  Right now he has the run of the entire living room.  There is one small area I put newspaper down and he walked all the way over to the paper to do his "business".  He's barely 8 weeks old 

I don't blame little Petey! If my Momma was Tyrannical and could ban me, I'd hit the paper if it was tacked to the wall!   

He's soooooo cute!   

Let's just be thankful she wasn't!

Monkey Devil!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1013 on: December 23, 2009, 08:42:19 PM »

CBB  I think the Tip from Deenie was CVS had extra wide wrapping paper. You know for those lager boxes to wrap.  Are you ready for Christmas? You feeling better? I tell you tjis stuff what ever it is sure kicks in the butt.

No, GE, I'm not!  The snow storm has had a big impact on plans! I was without power, and most places where the clinic is, still has no power, so there's been a shifting of priorities. I'm feeling better, but I'm not 100%. I'm not sure what I'll accomplish before Christmas, but it'll be OK, no matter what it is! 

CBB, I was very proud to call you my sister even before you were involved in your recent activities, and now I am just busting with it!

Love you, mean it!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1014 on: December 23, 2009, 08:48:55 PM »

Northern Rose I see you up there.  Hope your doing okay?  Did you get your tree yet?   

Hi Green Eyes.   Hubby got tree yesterday.  It is leaning against the wall because I killed the tree stand after we got it in the stand.   Stand has a chain you put around tree trunk.  Attached to the bottom part of the stand are  4 nylon ropes to attach to chain  and pull to straighten tree.  I was clipping the bottom branched and cut through a  rope.  Tree fell.....need I say more?

I didn't realize you could do it yourself, I always thought you needed a cat to do that.

NRose, I have missed you!  (I just spelled your name NRoxie, is there something you would like to tell us?  Did Santa channel a message through my hands?)

Are you.....................

Foxy Roxie?

Oh, wait NRosie, I just remembered, you do your cookin' in the kitchen!

I believe in miracles!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1015 on: December 23, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »

Bearly said.......

```````

Trimm my thoughts and prayers that what ever you are going through it will be worked out. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas  an angelic monkey
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1016 on: December 23, 2009, 09:15:27 PM »

Hello Monkeys,

I do not believe one word. The Enquirer is for amusement and entertainment.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/martha_stewart_collapses_tell_all_bombshell_lesbian/celebrity/67875

Martha Stewart had a meltdown after finding out that her darkest, deepest secrets will be exposed in a tell-all book written by her former best friend!

The explosive memoir by Mariana Pasternak will reveal intimate details of 68-year-old Martha's private life, including her lesbian "dates," the attacks she faced in prison, and her boozy temper tantrums, sources tell The ENQUIRER.
snip...

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1017 on: December 23, 2009, 10:01:26 PM »

Last night I had a dream.  I logged on to Scared Monkeys and there wasn't anything there.  There were no more missing people/no more pain and suffering.  It was a wonderful dream.  Maybe I can dream of that again tonight. an angelic monkey

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1018 on: December 23, 2009, 10:10:48 PM »

Last night I had a dream.  I logged on to Scared Monkeys and there wasn't anything there.  There were no more missing people/no more pain and suffering.  It was a wonderful dream.  Maybe I can dream of that again tonight. an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1019 on: December 23, 2009, 10:36:58 PM »

Northern Rose I see you up there.  Hope your doing okay?  Did you get your tree yet?   

Hi Green Eyes.   Hubby got tree yesterday.  It is leaning against the wall because I killed the tree stand after we got it in the stand.   Stand has a chain you put around tree trunk.  Attached to the bottom part of the stand are  4 nylon ropes to attach to chain  and pull to straighten tree.  I was clipping the bottom branched and cut through a  rope.  Tree fell.....need I say more?

That reminds me of the year Son picked one that was so bent that I had to hammer a couple 16 penny nails in the wall to attach a rope to to get the thing to stand up. Hubs was not to happy with me. But I got the tree up.

My Dad would always go out on Christmas Eve to get our tree and some of my brothers would go with him, where they learned the fine art of negotiation.  That is, unless my neighbor, who bought a Christmas tree and called it a Hanukkah Bush, would take off their decorations when their holiday was over and give the tree to us to use for Christmas.  I grew up in a diversified neighborhood where we celebrated our holidays right along with our neighbors holidays and called them what they were.  One year my Dad even brought home 2 trees and tied them together, on Christmas eve, the pickings could be slim.  My brothers tease him now about the Charlie Brown Christmas trees we had.  I look at the pictures from those past Christmases and think the trees are as beautiful now, as I did then.

It was my Father's consistent frugality and generosity that allowed us to pursue our dreams, mostly through education, which my Dad believed to be incredibly important (he never pushed us in any specific direction, only supported the direction we chose).  It provided both fodder for family jokes and many fun and happy memories!

I have come to really appreciate and only somewhat realize the sacrifices he made, allowing us to have many opportunities we would not have had without him, and I do not mean the calling in of favors or any other unfair advantages.  We were expected to meet challenges, follow the rules, and do our own work.  I do not think I will ever truly know the extent of all he gave so that we could have what we did or experience what we did, because he will never let that be known.  He has not kept a record, he did it because that is what was in his heart, not out of any sort of sense of obligation.

In addition to training, he valued sportsmanship.  I have not yet mentioned all of the games where he coached, reffed, or sat in the bleachers with us and our friends and teammates who he diligently coached for an unprecedented number of hours.  I saw a grown man beam and laugh with glee recently when my dad said "Lift your left foot higher, Mike!" upon seeing him for the first time since he was a kid.  He was thrilled my Dad not only remembered him, but something personal about him.  "Mike," a successful businessman retold that story for days with pride!  My Dad also provided the house across the street from the field where everyone used the bathroom at those times when the one at the school was locked (which was during all outside sporting events).

Thanks, Dad!

Thanks, Mom, for not taking off during the times my Dad was working his butt off and being frugal, or when he was saving for our rainy days and boy, could we make it pour!

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.