March 28, 2024, 08:40:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Petey goes for his puppy booster shots tomorrow.  He weighed 3.07lbs 3 weeks ago.  How much does he weigh now?  (Voting closed: January 22, 2010, 10:13:08 PM)
More than 4 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
More than 5 pounds - 7 (30.4%)
More than 6 pounds - 8 (34.8%)
More than 7 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
Who cares? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #53 11/24/09 - 1/21/10  (Read 499496 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1040 on: December 24, 2009, 05:56:30 AM »

Klaas,I love the photos.He is so cute.   

Yeah!  It's Trimmy in real time!!!

Hi Sweet stuff!  I was just about to ask Santa Klaas to give you my email addy, we are never on at the same time!  Now we are!!!

I have to get off, this hot computer is making me sweat my arse off--not that that is a bad idea, just darn uncomfortable.  I fell asleep holding it and it got very warm.  Rolling Eyes

Hi Carolyn!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1041 on: December 24, 2009, 06:21:47 AM »

Hey Bearly.     Hope you are doing well.We miss you.   
Have a very Merry Christmas!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1042 on: December 24, 2009, 07:35:49 AM »

Merry Christmas Klaas and family.  Thanks for all you do here @ SM each and every day.
I expect Petey, cutie that he is, will keep your spirits bright!

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1043 on: December 24, 2009, 07:57:42 AM »

Merry Christmas Mods and Monkeys! 

Thanks for all the gifts you bring!

xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxox
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1044 on: December 24, 2009, 08:39:20 AM »

Hey Monkeys. Yesterday wasn't such a great day for me. I took over 1,100 lbs of pet food over to the local Meals on Wheels program (I created a pet food drive to feed the pets of homebound seniors) and on my way back I was in an accident. I was waiting to turn left at a light and a guy coming from another direction who was turning left to go south past me, hit me. He wasn't looking, he was on his cell phone. All I remember was his huge truck coming at my face. He smashed the front drivers side of my beloved Jeep.

The blessing is that I wasn't hurt and Grissom was not in the car with me. My friend came and got me and I cried all the way back to work. I then find out that I didn't have collision on my car. I thought I did. My lovely insurance company with whom I had gotten this policy a long time ago, never told me. Just lovely. So now due to Michigan's no fault insurance all I get is $500 and no car. The truck that hit me, was just fine and left after the police report.

I just don't know what I'm going to do about transportation. I'm going to have to get another car, I would like a Jeep wrangler again, but I don't know what I can afford. I'm waiting for the adjuster to call me today. Maybe, just maybe, the car is fixable. A girl can dream can't she?

That Jeep was a 1998 Jeep wrangler. It was the very first vehicle I bought all on my own after my divorce. It was quite an accomplishment and I loved her dearly. She was purple. Every night when we got home I would pat her on the hood and say thank you. She served me well.

I'm so sad today. I'm trying to keep my spirits up and am so very thankful I'm OK and Grissom's OK. It could have been worse. But still I lost a very important part of my past and my independence today. Say a prayer for me.

Thank you, love Boo

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1045 on: December 24, 2009, 09:14:06 AM »

Oh Boo,I am so sorry about your accident,but I am glad that you weren't hurt.Thankfully Grissom wasn't with you and he s o.k. too.
I hope you get some kinda good news from the adjuster.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1046 on: December 24, 2009, 09:18:10 AM »

Hey there Bearly! 

Merry Christmas to you to!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all Monkeys!

Thanks, QM!  That house is rockin'!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1047 on: December 24, 2009, 09:24:06 AM »

Bearly said.......

In real life there are not always "aha" moments where the perpetrators of greed and oppression recognize the exclusivity of their behavior and the messages they perpetuate.  Sometimes the action or inaction comes from people close to you and speaking up, while still right, is very painful and as a result, your relationship will be severed or at least changed forever.  There are times where that person or people hold the key to access to others or other opportunities which you will be cut off forever, or at least temporarily.  It can cause heartache and can leave you changed with gaping holes in your heart forever.
```````

You are so right.I didn't have an aha moment in my situation,but am faced with it just the same.I hope when I speak to this loved one we can work through it.
Wish me luck.Merry Christmas.   an angelic monkey

I will send positive thoughts and prayers out for your situation and you and your loved one.  I hope that person has an "aha" moment that will surprise you both!

I believe in miracles!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1048 on: December 24, 2009, 09:34:45 AM »

Hey Monkeys. Yesterday wasn't such a great day for me. I took over 1,100 lbs of pet food over to the local Meals on Wheels program (I created a pet food drive to feed the pets of homebound seniors) and on my way back I was in an accident. I was waiting to turn left at a light and a guy coming from another direction who was turning left to go south past me, hit me. He wasn't looking, he was on his cell phone. All I remember was his huge truck coming at my face. He smashed the front drivers side of my beloved Jeep.

The blessing is that I wasn't hurt and Grissom was not in the car with me. My friend came and got me and I cried all the way back to work. I then find out that I didn't have collision on my car. I thought I did. My lovely insurance company with whom I had gotten this policy a long time ago, never told me. Just lovely. So now due to Michigan's no fault insurance all I get is $500 and no car. The truck that hit me, was just fine and left after the police report.

I just don't know what I'm going to do about transportation. I'm going to have to get another car, I would like a Jeep wrangler again, but I don't know what I can afford. I'm waiting for the adjuster to call me today. Maybe, just maybe, the car is fixable. A girl can dream can't she?

That Jeep was a 1998 Jeep wrangler. It was the very first vehicle I bought all on my own after my divorce. It was quite an accomplishment and I loved her dearly. She was purple. Every night when we got home I would pat her on the hood and say thank you. She served me well.

I'm so sad today. I'm trying to keep my spirits up and am so very thankful I'm OK and Grissom's OK. It could have been worse. But still I lost a very important part of my past and my independence today. Say a prayer for me.

Thank you, love Boo

I am so sorry Boo. It is a blessing you were not injured - although I suspect you may be a little sore today. Have faith that when one door closes another one opens.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1049 on: December 24, 2009, 10:39:45 AM »

Bearly said.......

In real life there are not always "aha" moments where the perpetrators of greed and oppression recognize the exclusivity of their behavior and the messages they perpetuate.  Sometimes the action or inaction comes from people close to you and speaking up, while still right, is very painful and as a result, your relationship will be severed or at least changed forever.  There are times where that person or people hold the key to access to others or other opportunities which you will be cut off forever, or at least temporarily.  It can cause heartache and can leave you changed with gaping holes in your heart forever.
```````

You are so right.I didn't have an aha moment in my situation,but am faced with it just the same.I hope when I speak to this loved one we can work through it.
Wish me luck.Merry Christmas.   an angelic monkey

Trimm my thoughts and prayers that what ever you are going through it will be worked out. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas  an angelic monkey

Trimmy, you have been on my mind.  Maybe it was because we are going through something similar.  Your perception of what I am facing is on the mark.  I know you will handle your situation with the same kindness, grace, and sensitivity you bring to our monkey table every day.

I have been thinking about you and your beloved son and the yearning you must experience while at the same time the happiness you must feel making new holiday memories with your Grandchildren.  I'm sure this is a sad time, while also being one of great joy.  You have made sacrifices yourself so others can enjoy the festivities and gaiety of the season.  My admiration for you grows with each post.  God bless you and hold you securely in his heart.

I believe in miracles!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1050 on: December 24, 2009, 10:51:38 AM »

My thoughts and prayers are with you Boo, thank God you didn't get hurt and Grissom wasn't in the car with you.  an angelic monkey Hopefully things will work out well with the insurance adjuster.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1051 on: December 24, 2009, 10:59:56 AM »

Hello Monkeys,

I do not believe one word. The Enquirer is for amusement and entertainment.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/martha_stewart_collapses_tell_all_bombshell_lesbian/celebrity/67875

Martha Stewart had a meltdown after finding out that her darkest, deepest secrets will be exposed in a tell-all book written by her former best friend!

The explosive memoir by Mariana Pasternak will reveal intimate details of 68-year-old Martha's private life, including her lesbian "dates," the attacks she faced in prison, and her boozy temper tantrums, sources tell The ENQUIRER.
snip...

We are a society that experiences joy from the frailties of others or articles like this would have no merit.  This message will no doubt be passed from one person to the next at some Christmas tables throughout the nation.  Go figure.   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1052 on: December 24, 2009, 11:02:29 AM »

Last night I had a dream.  I logged on to Scared Monkeys and there wasn't anything there.  There were no more missing people/no more pain and suffering.  It was a wonderful dream.  Maybe I can dream of that again tonight. an angelic monkey

What a great dream!

an angelic monkey

Was I still single?

Rolling Eyes

Merry Christmas!

I believe in miracles!
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1053 on: December 24, 2009, 11:05:29 AM »

A Very Merry Monkey Christmas ~ Peace ~ and Showers of Blessings to All !

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1054 on: December 24, 2009, 11:07:01 AM »

Northern Rose I see you up there.  Hope your doing okay?  Did you get your tree yet?   

Hi Green Eyes.   Hubby got tree yesterday.  It is leaning against the wall because I killed the tree stand after we got it in the stand.   Stand has a chain you put around tree trunk.  Attached to the bottom part of the stand are  4 nylon ropes to attach to chain  and pull to straighten tree.  I was clipping the bottom branched and cut through a  rope.  Tree fell.....need I say more?

I didn't realize you could do it yourself, I always thought you needed a cat to do that.

NRose, I have missed you!  (I just spelled your name NRoxie, is there something you would like to tell us?  Did Santa channel a message through my hands?)

Are you.....................

Foxy Roxie?

Oh, wait NRosie, I just remembered, you do your cookin' in the kitchen!

You mean I won a trip to Italy?   

Northern Italy for you Northern Rose!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1055 on: December 24, 2009, 11:09:12 AM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!! 

Thanks, CBB!   

I hope you are under the merry covers having a much deserved rest.

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1056 on: December 24, 2009, 11:13:29 AM »

Good morning 

Boo, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident.  I'm glad you are okay, and your doggie wasn't in the car, but I'm sorry you have to come up with another vehicle, especially this time of year.  You are a real angel to do the dog food collection and delivery.   an angelic monkey

Here is some good news:

Sean Goldman has been reunited with his dad, David in Brazil 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4281.msg1042585#msg1042585

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1057 on: December 24, 2009, 11:36:59 AM »

Merry Christmas Mods and Monkeys! 

xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxox

Merry Christmas, Can!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1058 on: December 24, 2009, 11:59:46 AM »

Thank you, love Boo

Oh, Boo, I am so sorry!  I am also relieved that you and Grissom are okay although you may begin to hurt today and even more tomorrow.  Your sorrow due to the violation of yourself and your jeep is understandable.  That someone so carelessly took something you valued so much from you burns me up.

The jeep, although dear to you, is only a visual representation of your struggles to be independent and the respect you have earned at being able to stand on your own.  Your fight to become self-sufficient is yours alone and the strength it took is in you, not in the jeep.  You get to keep the memories and the the pictures you have of the jeep and no idiot with a cell phone can take that away from you.

I will send positive thoughts and prayers out for you.  You are a strong woman, with or without your jeep.  Please take comfort in knowing we love you, too.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1059 on: December 24, 2009, 12:05:36 PM »

A Very Merry Monkey Christmas ~ Peace ~ and Showers of Blessings to All !

Thanks, BG, same to you!

an angelic monkey!

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.