April 26, 2024, 05:36:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Petey goes for his puppy booster shots tomorrow.  He weighed 3.07lbs 3 weeks ago.  How much does he weigh now?  (Voting closed: January 22, 2010, 10:13:08 PM)
More than 4 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
More than 5 pounds - 7 (30.4%)
More than 6 pounds - 8 (34.8%)
More than 7 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
Who cares? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #53 11/24/09 - 1/21/10  (Read 500638 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1100 on: December 25, 2009, 11:17:26 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1101 on: December 25, 2009, 01:09:48 PM »

http://www.times-news.com/local/local_story_358140156.html

Published: December 24, 2009 02:01 pm       

Hunter returns missing dog to family
Michael A. Sawyers
Cumberland Times-News

FROSTBURG — For the Dolchan family, Christmas came early, on Dec. 22, when their blind, 14-year-old Jack Russell terrier, Boomer, was returned to them after spending five nights on Big Savage Mountain, surviving one of the worst snow storms in anybody’s memory.

<snip>

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1102 on: December 25, 2009, 01:45:25 PM »

Michael A. Sawyers
Cumberland Times-News

FROSTBURG — For the Dolchan family, Christmas came early, on Dec. 22, when their blind, 14-year-old Jack Russell terrier, Boomer, was returned to them after spending five nights on Big Savage Mountain, surviving one of the worst snow storms in anybody’s memory.

<snip>

Thanks MuffyBee!   an angelic monkey

Great story...I read it aloud to everyone here...even though I got choked up a few times.    I'm so glad Boomer is safe and back in the arms of those who love him!   

Fourteen-year-old Boomer, a Jack Russell terrier, is pictured with his family, Tyler, Liam, Katie, Bill, and Madison Dolchan Wednesday evening after he was found after being lost during last weekend’s snowstorm. The dog is blind.
John A. Bone / Cumberland Times-News

http://www.times-news.com/local/images_sizedimage_358135839/resources_photoview

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1103 on: December 25, 2009, 03:49:06 PM »

Merry Christmas to all, wishing you a most wonderful holiday.

I continue to stand with the girl.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1104 on: December 25, 2009, 03:51:53 PM »

Merry Christmas to all, wishing you a most wonderful holiday.

Wishing you and your family a very, Merry Christmas None.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1105 on: December 25, 2009, 06:27:52 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: U.S. raises terrorism alert level for airline flights to orange after Detroit incident

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34592031/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Officials: Possible terror attack on Northwest jet
Nigerian man tries to light powdery substance on Detroit flight, officials say

BREAKING NEWS
NBC News and msnbc.com
updated 37 minutes ago
A 23-year-old Nigerian man tried to light a powdery substance aboard a Northwest Airlines flight before landing in Detroit on Friday, a senior U.S. counterterrorism official told NBC News.

Two people noticed the attempt and a third person jumped on the man and subdued him, an airline official told NBC News.

The man is being treated at the burn unit of the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, officials said.

The man told investigators that he wanted to set off a bomb over the United States and claimed to be tied to al-Qaida, counterterrorism officials said.

The man was subdued by the crew of Flight 253 from Amsterdam, one counterterrorism official said. The official said the man left Lagos, Nigeria, on Thursday, then boarded the Northwest flight in Amsterdam on Friday.

Flight 253 was an Airbus 330 carrying 278 passengers. The Transportation Security Administration reported that the plane was taken to a remote area of Detroit Metropolitan Airport and all passengers deplaned and were rescreened along with all the luggage on the flight. In addition, all passengers were interviewed, a TSA statement said.

President Barack Obama, who is vacationing in Hawaii, was informed of the incident Friday morning by his National Security Council staff, White House spokesman Bill Burton said.

U.S. counterterrorism officials are treating this as a possible terrorist attack and are taking it “very seriously,” counterterrorism officials said. An interagency meeting of senior intelligence, law enforcement and security was convened out of Washington to discuss the incident and possible measures to ensure there no similar attacks, Burton said.
<snip>

Link to thread in News of the Day at Scared Monkeys: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6796.msg1043129#msg1043129

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1106 on: December 25, 2009, 08:13:42 PM »

Michael A. Sawyers
Cumberland Times-News

<snip>

Thanks MuffyBee!   an angelic monkey

Great story...I read it aloud to everyone here...even though I got choked up a few times.    I'm so glad Boomer is safe and back in the arms of those who love him!   

Fourteen-year-old Boomer, a Jack Russell terrier, is pictured with his family, Tyler, Liam, Katie, Bill, and Madison Dolchan Wednesday evening after he was found after being lost during last weekend’s snowstorm. The dog is blind.
John A. Bone / Cumberland Times-News

http://www.times-news.com/local/images_sizedimage_358135839/resources_photoview

What a wonderful Christmas story! It touches my heart not only because I'm such a dog lover, but because I have an old blind dog too and she is so dear to my heart I would go crazy if anything like this happened to her. What a blessing for her and her family. God had his hand on this puppy.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1107 on: December 25, 2009, 08:16:47 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: U.S. raises terrorism alert level for airline flights to orange after Detroit incident

BREAKING NEWS
NBC News and msnbc.com
updated 37 minutes ago
A 23-year-old Nigerian man tried to light a powdery substance aboard a Northwest Airlines flight before landing in Detroit on Friday, a senior U.S. counterterrorism official told NBC News.

Two people noticed the attempt and a third person jumped on the man and subdued him, an airline official told NBC News.

The man is being treated at the burn unit of the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, officials said.

The man told investigators that he wanted to set off a bomb over the United States and claimed to be tied to al-Qaida, counterterrorism officials said.

The man was subdued by the crew of Flight 253 from Amsterdam, one counterterrorism official said. The official said the man left Lagos, Nigeria, on Thursday, then boarded the Northwest flight in Amsterdam on Friday.

Flight 253 was an Airbus 330 carrying 278 passengers. The Transportation Security Administration reported that the plane was taken to a remote area of Detroit Metropolitan Airport and all passengers deplaned and were rescreened along with all the luggage on the flight. In addition, all passengers were interviewed, a TSA statement said.

President Barack Obama, who is vacationing in Hawaii, was informed of the incident Friday morning by his National Security Council staff, White House spokesman Bill Burton said.

U.S. counterterrorism officials are treating this as a possible terrorist attack and are taking it “very seriously,” counterterrorism officials said. An interagency meeting of senior intelligence, law enforcement and security was convened out of Washington to discuss the incident and possible measures to ensure there no similar attacks, Burton said.
<snip>

Link to thread in News of the Day at Scared Monkeys: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6796.msg1043129#msg1043129

So I get home tonight after celebrating with my family and open up the google news and see this! My Son was picking up his Father from this airport when this was happening!!! Thank God nothing happened!! If the Nigerians can't do a better job on their security, I say no more flights into America!!!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1108 on: December 25, 2009, 08:18:14 PM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/28GUU1YbP_E&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/28GUU1YbP_E&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

Thank you Klaas, I really enjoyed this! Haven't seen these guys before! 

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1109 on: December 25, 2009, 08:23:18 PM »

Hey Monkeys. Yesterday wasn't such a great day for me. I took over 1,100 lbs of pet food over to the local Meals on Wheels program (I created a pet food drive to feed the pets of homebound seniors) and on my way back I was in an accident. I was waiting to turn left at a light and a guy coming from another direction who was turning left to go south past me, hit me. He wasn't looking, he was on his cell phone. All I remember was his huge truck coming at my face. He smashed the front drivers side of my beloved Jeep.

The blessing is that I wasn't hurt and Grissom was not in the car with me. My friend came and got me and I cried all the way back to work. I then find out that I didn't have collision on my car. I thought I did. My lovely insurance company with whom I had gotten this policy a long time ago, never told me. Just lovely. So now due to Michigan's no fault insurance all I get is $500 and no car. The truck that hit me, was just fine and left after the police report.

I just don't know what I'm going to do about transportation. I'm going to have to get another car, I would like a Jeep wrangler again, but I don't know what I can afford. I'm waiting for the adjuster to call me today. Maybe, just maybe, the car is fixable. A girl can dream can't she?

That Jeep was a 1998 Jeep wrangler. It was the very first vehicle I bought all on my own after my divorce. It was quite an accomplishment and I loved her dearly. She was purple. Every night when we got home I would pat her on the hood and say thank you. She served me well.

I'm so sad today. I'm trying to keep my spirits up and am so very thankful I'm OK and Grissom's OK. It could have been worse. But still I lost a very important part of my past and my independence today. Say a prayer for me.

Thank you, love Boo

Boo I am so sorry to hear about your accident. But thankful you and Grissom are okay. I do understand how you feel about your jeep and what it meant to you. I truly believe God works in mysterious ways some times. That if he closes a door on our past he will open a better one for our future. Prayers for you that you will have a wonderful out come from this tragic event. God Bless You.  an angelic monkey

Thank you Green Eyes and all Monkeys. I'm really trying to look at this kinda like the Angel story about 2 angels that come to stay at a rich persons house and they put them in the basement, the elder Angel closes up a hole he sees in the wall. The next night they stay at a poor person's house and the elder Angel allows their only cow to die. The younger Angel is confused and the elder Angel says the rich people treated them badly, so he closed up the hole, which was showing a secret room full of gold. The poor people treated them like Kings, so instead of the Angel of Death taking the wife, he took the cow. Yeah I'm out a car, but it could have been me, or my dog that died. I would gladly hand over my vehicle for my life or my dogs. I know God's hand was on me in that situation, so I know he will help me get a replacement vehicle too. Thank you all for your well wishes.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1110 on: December 25, 2009, 08:26:03 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
NBC News and msnbc.com
updated 37 minutes ago

<snip>

So I get home tonight after celebrating with my family and open up the google news and see this! My Son was picking up his Father from this airport when this was happening!!! Thank God nothing happened!! If the Nigerians can't do a better job on their security, I say no more flights into America!!!

Hi Boo   I think not only had the Nigerians look at their security, The Netherlands need to go through and see what happened too, because this guy also went through their airport security.  Someone's got some splainin to do, imo. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1111 on: December 26, 2009, 08:26:54 AM »

I wish they would scoot over and let me climb in, looks comfortable! Petey's 4:30am "I'm awake so everyone else should be" habit is getting old fast but he's so cute it's hard to be mad at him 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1112 on: December 26, 2009, 08:43:52 AM »

They look mighty comfortable in their doggie bed.       Petey is up at 4:30 a.m.    Are you sure he isn't  part rooster AND Jack Russell Terrier? 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1113 on: December 26, 2009, 10:05:48 AM »

Happy Boxing Day!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1114 on: December 26, 2009, 10:15:31 AM »

Happy Boxing Day!!

or

or

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1115 on: December 26, 2009, 10:24:45 AM »

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1116 on: December 26, 2009, 10:46:08 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys

Klaas this mornings picture of Petey is so cute. Praying he will out grow his 4:30 wake up time.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1117 on: December 26, 2009, 10:49:26 AM »

Good Morning Muffy Bee

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1118 on: December 26, 2009, 11:05:23 AM »

Good Morning Muffy Bee

Good morning Green Eyes 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1119 on: December 26, 2009, 04:06:08 PM »

I wish they would scoot over and let me climb in, looks comfortable! Petey's 4:30am "I'm awake so everyone else should be" habit is getting old fast but he's so cute it's hard to be mad at him 

Klaas...what a wonderful Christmas gift for you....Petey is so cute and I've enjoyed so much the pictures and clips you've posted for us.  Petey looks very comfortable sleeping in his bed...and why wouldn't he?  He's tired from his 4:30 a.m. romp!!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.