April 16, 2024, 08:55:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Petey goes for his puppy booster shots tomorrow.  He weighed 3.07lbs 3 weeks ago.  How much does he weigh now?  (Voting closed: January 22, 2010, 10:13:08 PM)
More than 4 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
More than 5 pounds - 7 (30.4%)
More than 6 pounds - 8 (34.8%)
More than 7 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
Who cares? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #53 11/24/09 - 1/21/10  (Read 500159 times)
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1200 on: December 30, 2009, 09:47:33 AM »

I'm in the Shores very close to the Pointes! This was a close call. My cousin told me to relax, all he did was burn his balls, but hell, he could have hit Grissom!!! and me.

Plane May Have Exploded Near Pointes
If Successful, Explosion Would Have Happened Over Pointes, St. Clair Shores Area
POSTED: Tuesday, December 29, 2009
UPDATED: 7:56 pm EST December 29, 2009

GROSSE POINTE SHORES, Mich. -- Local 4 Defenders have learned which metro Detroit neighborhoods Northwest/Delta Flight 253 was flying over when the explosive device was detonated on Christmas Day.Flight 253 was flying over the Canada–United States border and above neighborhoods in the Pointes and St. Clair Shores area.Federal investigators said it was at that point when Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab stepped out of the plane’s restroom, went back to his seat in row A, covered himself with a blanket and used a syringe to inject a chemical into an explosive powder hidden in his underwear.
Plane May Have Exploded Over Local Neighborhoods
If the 23-year-old was successful, the explosion would have happened over the area near Lake St. Clair, the Detroit River and local neighborhoods including Grosse Pointe and St. Clair Shores.St. Clair Shores Police Chief Chuck Burnett said his community has an extensive emergency action plan in place. He said the key to keeping people safe is to work hand-in-hand with other departments."What we are trying to do is we're trying to pull together the police departments, fire departments, DPW, the finance department, the county, any type of state, FEMA if we need it," said Burnett.After the Christmas Day attempted bombing, Burnett said they reviewed their procedures."We looked at the book, checked with dispatch, make sure all of their operation manuals were in place, they had them, even recommended that they go through them again to keep themselves up-to-date," said Burnett.Local 4 Defenders also discovered that when the call for help went out from Flight 253, not only were Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agents and FBI agents waiting on the ground at Metro Airport, but pilots of F16 fighter jets in the 180th fighter wing located at a base in Toledo, Ohio were also alerted to the trouble in the sky. For security reasons, it is unknown if the fighter jets were in the air before Flight 253 reached Metro Airport.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1201 on: December 30, 2009, 11:34:29 AM »

Just wanted to say thank you for all your concerns and prayers regarding my Jeep. Yah, I know it's silly to stress about such a thing, but I was so out of my element, it made me as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

I got another Jeep yesterday and sl-oooo-wly drove home. I'm going to be a curb hugger for awhile. It's a great looking blue/green Jeep with a hard top (I had soft) and it's an AUTOMATIC! I haven't driven in automatic since 1998! What the hell do you do with your right hand?? I have both feet on the brake, must learn to use one foot again. Very strange, but ever so thankful for a wonderful ride.

God is good and Boo is thankful for monkeys who understand her stress. Thanks again, having monkeys is like having your family around you. A very good feeling.

an angelic monkey

Boo? My Dad owned an insurance agency, so I heard the perils of traffic accidents and the factors that statistics show contribute to them, all my life. This one I know by heart: It's much less likely that you will have an accident if your car is an automatic rather than a stick shift. I don't know if it's because there's one less thing to think about or because many sports cars are stick shifts, but I've heard him preach it many times. So, maybe you were supposed to get a new vehicle to help keep you safe. Anyway, I'm glad you have a car you like and that you and Grissom are OK! 

For whatever it's worth, a couple of his other "words of wisdom" were that the most common color of cars involved in accidents, is silver (he said they were the least visable at twilight), and regardless of what anyone says, size and weight do matter. The bigger the better! On that note, I got my first car when I saved up enough money to buy a volkswagon. 

He took my money and gave me a Pontiac Catalina. 

From there, I graduated to his "hand me down" HUGE red Cadillac! I could almost get around the block before filling it up!   
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1202 on: December 30, 2009, 12:43:43 PM »

an angelic monkey

OMG!! Look at that face! What a cute puppy! 

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1203 on: December 30, 2009, 12:48:35 PM »

Just wanted to say thank you for all your concerns and prayers regarding my Jeep. Yah, I know it's silly to stress about such a thing, but I was so out of my element, it made me as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

I got another Jeep yesterday and sl-oooo-wly drove home. I'm going to be a curb hugger for awhile. It's a great looking blue/green Jeep with a hard top (I had soft) and it's an AUTOMATIC! I haven't driven in automatic since 1998! What the hell do you do with your right hand?? I have both feet on the brake, must learn to use one foot again. Very strange, but ever so thankful for a wonderful ride.

God is good and Boo is thankful for monkeys who understand her stress. Thanks again, having monkeys is like having your family around you. A very good feeling.

an angelic monkey

BOO, glad you got another Jeep and so glad you weren't hurt!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1204 on: December 30, 2009, 12:53:48 PM »

I'm in the Shores very close to the Pointes! This was a close call. My cousin told me to relax, all he did was burn his balls, but hell, he could have hit Grissom!!! and me.

Plane May Have Exploded Near Pointes
If Successful, Explosion Would Have Happened Over Pointes, St. Clair Shores Area
POSTED: Tuesday, December 29, 2009
UPDATED: 7:56 pm EST December 29, 2009

GROSSE POINTE SHORES, Mich. -- Local 4 Defenders have learned which metro Detroit neighborhoods Northwest/Delta Flight 253 was flying over when the explosive device was detonated on Christmas Day.Flight 253 was flying over the Canada–United States border and above neighborhoods in the Pointes and St. Clair Shores area.Federal investigators said it was at that point when Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab stepped out of the plane’s restroom, went back to his seat in row A, covered himself with a blanket and used a syringe to inject a chemical into an explosive powder hidden in his underwear.
Plane May Have Exploded Over Local Neighborhoods
If the 23-year-old was successful, the explosion would have happened over the area near Lake St. Clair, the Detroit River and local neighborhoods including Grosse Pointe and St. Clair Shores.St. Clair Shores Police Chief Chuck Burnett said his community has an extensive emergency action plan in place. He said the key to keeping people safe is to work hand-in-hand with other departments."What we are trying to do is we're trying to pull together the police departments, fire departments, DPW, the finance department, the county, any type of state, FEMA if we need it," said Burnett.After the Christmas Day attempted bombing, Burnett said they reviewed their procedures."We looked at the book, checked with dispatch, make sure all of their operation manuals were in place, they had them, even recommended that they go through them again to keep themselves up-to-date," said Burnett.Local 4 Defenders also discovered that when the call for help went out from Flight 253, not only were Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agents and FBI agents waiting on the ground at Metro Airport, but pilots of F16 fighter jets in the 180th fighter wing located at a base in Toledo, Ohio were also alerted to the trouble in the sky. For security reasons, it is unknown if the fighter jets were in the air before Flight 253 reached Metro Airport.

WOW....this whole incident could have been so disastrous!!  If full body scanners could have detected this then I say BRING THEM ON! Invasion of privacy is better than getting blown up IMO

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1205 on: December 30, 2009, 12:56:33 PM »

an angelic monkey

BOO  Yeah! you got a new Jeep. I am truly happy for you.   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1206 on: December 30, 2009, 02:53:30 PM »

Klaas.....little Petey is so precious. Thank you for all the vids. It is so nice to have something to smile and laugh about in a world that is so often cruel... I may cancel my Cable TV  and just watch Petey grow up, lmao.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1207 on: December 30, 2009, 05:48:31 PM »

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1208 on: December 30, 2009, 06:10:21 PM »

Hi Muffy!  Hi Klaas!  It's a Meeting of the Mods, not to be confused with a Meeting of the Minds!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1209 on: December 30, 2009, 06:11:55 PM »

Hi Muffy!  Hi Klaas!  It's a Meeting of the Mods, not to be confused with a Meeting of the Minds!

Yes, I know Klaas is admin, but the word just didn't fit.

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1210 on: December 30, 2009, 06:15:24 PM »

More Petey at play 

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1211 on: December 30, 2009, 06:26:35 PM »

I saw Klaasend post & I knew I had to come and get my Petey fix!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1212 on: December 30, 2009, 06:27:38 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091230/ap_on_sc/us_sci_blue_moon

Rare New Year's Eve 'blue moon' to ring in 2010

By ALICIA CHANG, AP Science Writer – Tue Dec 29, 7:03 pm ET

LOS ANGELES – Once in a blue moon there is one on New Year's Eve. Revelers ringing in 2010 will be treated to a so-called blue moon. According to popular definition, a blue moon is the second full moon in a month. But don't expect it to be blue — the name has nothing to do with the color of our closest celestial neighbor.

A full moon occurred on Dec. 2. It will appear again on Thursday in time for the New Year's countdown.

"If you're in Times Square, you'll see the full moon right above you. It's going to be that brilliant," said Jack Horkheimer, director emeritus of the Miami Space Transit Planetarium and host of a weekly astronomy TV show.

The New Year's Eve blue moon will be visible in the United States, Canada, Europe, South America and Africa. For partygoers in Australia and Asia, the full moon does not show up until New Year's Day, making January a blue moon month for them.

However, the Eastern Hemisphere can celebrate with a partial lunar eclipse on New Year's Eve when part of the moon enters the Earth's shadow. The eclipse will not be visible in the Americas.

A full moon occurs every 29.5 days, and most years have 12. On average, an extra full moon in a month — a blue moon — occurs every 2.5 years. The last time there was a lunar double take was in May 2007. New Year's Eve blue moons are rarer, occurring every 19 years. The last time was in 1990; the next one won't come again until 2028.

Blue moons have no astronomical significance, said Greg Laughlin, an astronomer at the University of California, Santa Cruz.

"`Blue moon' is just a name in the same sense as a `hunter's moon' or a `harvest moon,'" Laughlin said in an e-mail.

The popular definition of blue moon came about after a writer for Sky & Telescope magazine in 1946 misinterpreted the Maine Farmer's Almanac and labeled a blue moon as the second full moon in a month. In fact, the almanac defined a blue moon as the third full moon in a season with four full moons, not the usual three.

Though Sky & Telescope corrected the error decades later, the definition caught on. For purists, however, this New Year's Eve full moon doesn't even qualify as a blue moon. It's just the first full moon of the winter season.

In a tongue-in-cheek essay posted on the magazine's Web site this week, senior contributing editor Kelly Beatty wrote: "If skies are clear when I'm out celebrating, I'll take a peek at that brilliant orb as it rises over the Boston skyline to see if it's an icy shade of blue. Or maybe I'll just howl."
___
On the Net:
http://www.miamisci.org/www/eventsplan.html

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1213 on: December 30, 2009, 06:32:11 PM »

Monkey Devil!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1214 on: December 30, 2009, 06:36:55 PM »

More Petey at play 

Thanks Klaas!  He is sooooo cute, and funny!   

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1215 on: December 30, 2009, 06:44:51 PM »

Petey playing with his "presents" (click on the picture)

At first I thought it was an orange cat!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1216 on: December 30, 2009, 06:49:54 PM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/28GUU1YbP_E&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/28GUU1YbP_E&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

We love this.  Now, how can we get it to stop playing in our heads?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1217 on: December 30, 2009, 06:51:16 PM »

This cracked me up.....I tried to report my own post and sorta got told I was a dummy          

You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

I know huh?    Don't you just love programmer humor? 

Not that I've ever done that or anything...

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1218 on: December 30, 2009, 06:53:27 PM »

Klaas he is a wonderful little puppy - and typically having more fun with the wrapping than the gift.  Thank you for sharing the pics and videos.

I want one just like Petey   

And what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a beautiful pup from the other side of here!

Hi Tibro!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1219 on: December 30, 2009, 06:59:02 PM »

an angelic monkey

Okay...he is just too cute!  I wonder if there has been a run on Jack Russells since you have started posting the pics and videos of Petey.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.