April 26, 2024, 03:44:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Petey goes for his puppy booster shots tomorrow.  He weighed 3.07lbs 3 weeks ago.  How much does he weigh now?  (Voting closed: January 22, 2010, 10:13:08 PM)
More than 4 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
More than 5 pounds - 7 (30.4%)
More than 6 pounds - 8 (34.8%)
More than 7 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
Who cares? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #53 11/24/09 - 1/21/10  (Read 500632 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1240 on: December 31, 2009, 05:22:58 PM »

Sunny asked me to post this cool video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BGODurRfVv4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/BGODurRfVv4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca&amp;border=1</a>

Thanks Klaas...I promise that SOMEDAY I will learn to post the videos myself Monkey Devil!  This is one I had to share!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1241 on: December 31, 2009, 05:24:15 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BGODurRfVv4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/BGODurRfVv4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca&amp;border=1</a>

OMG Awesome video!  Thanks sunny and Klaas!

I guess I'm just a big crybaby!   

Proud and happy tears of course!  Ricochet ROCKS!   

It sure tugs as one's heart strings......and the message was very powerful!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1242 on: December 31, 2009, 05:36:16 PM »

to all my monkey friends........I want to say thanks for al your support you gave me and my family in 2009  I couldn't have made it thru without all the prayers and support that I feel in my heart from y'all (southern term  ) I pray that as we start a brand new year that those who are sick will be healed, a mended heart for those who have broken hearts, happy and healthy pregnancies (thinking of searching and her daughter), prosperity for those who have had horrific economic struggles (been there too, moved here penniless and look what God has done) and a prez who actually understands the evil that DOES exist and wants to harm our country. More than anything I pray that each and every monkey finds the peace and joy they deserve and that we all continue to love and be there for each other even though we may have differences every now and then, we are still a family for each other and a family I treasure.

Blessing to all  an angelic monkey

OOPS~forgot to add one.......God be with our troops in 2010 and God Bless them for what sacrifice for us each and every day.

KLAAS-Petey is adorable and makes me want a puppy, but we already have 3 dogs and 3 cats in this zoo I call home!!!

Blessings to you and yours in 2010 islandmonkey!  ((((big hugs)))) an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1243 on: December 31, 2009, 05:40:11 PM »

Youngest son went and picked out a Jack Russell puppy for his girlfriend this morning.  It's here with us until she gets home from work, I HOPE SHE HURRIES!   

She's tiny and adorable, no markings though...she's solid white.  Our two JR's don't like it at all, but I hope she leaves soon because I can't even WANT another dog but she really likes me!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1244 on: December 31, 2009, 05:40:57 PM »

to all my monkey friends........I want to say thanks for al your support you gave me and my family in 2009  I couldn't have made it thru without all the prayers and support that I feel in my heart from y'all (southern term  ) I pray that as we start a brand new year that those who are sick will be healed, a mended heart for those who have broken hearts, happy and healthy pregnancies (thinking of searching and her daughter), prosperity for those who have had horrific economic struggles (been there too, moved here penniless and look what God has done) and a prez who actually understands the evil that DOES exist and wants to harm our country. More than anything I pray that each and every monkey finds the peace and joy they deserve and that we all continue to love and be there for each other even though we may have differences every now and then, we are still a family for each other and a family I treasure.

Blessing to all  an angelic monkey

OOPS~forgot to add one.......God be with our troops in 2010 and God Bless them for what sacrifice for us each and every day.

KLAAS-Petey is adorable and makes me want a puppy, but we already have 3 dogs and 3 cats in this zoo I call home!!!

IM, thank you for that wonderful, from the heart post....the only thing I will add is huge THANK YOU to Red, Mrs. Red, Klaas, Dugga, and our Mods for not only giving us SM but for keeping it running day after day. They all give so much to so many. 5 years ago I had no idea how much this site was going to mean to me and what an important part of my life it would become. Natalee brought me here and I have watched SM evolve into into one of the important sites for missing children and adults.  And last but not least.....a big thanks also to Dana and Blink. It takes a village for sure!! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1245 on: December 31, 2009, 05:42:22 PM »

Just beautiful, it made me cry.   an angelic monkey

Hi Boo! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1246 on: December 31, 2009, 05:44:36 PM »

Youngest son went and picked out a Jack Russell puppy for his girlfriend this morning.  It's here with us until she gets home from work, I HOPE SHE HURRIES!   

She's tiny and adorable, no markings though...she's solid white.  Our two JR's don't like it at all, but I hope she leaves soon because I can't even WANT another dog but she really likes me!

Nothing like having a grandpup...one you can enjoy, spoil and give back!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1247 on: December 31, 2009, 05:48:14 PM »

Wishing you all a blessed New Year.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1248 on: December 31, 2009, 05:57:03 PM »

Wishing you all a blessed New Year.

And the same to you and yours. I hope your son is feeling better and I know his heart is aching for the soldiers. Enjoy your fondue and don't burn your tongue!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1249 on: December 31, 2009, 06:43:33 PM »

Where's the pictures?  One of Petey's litter mates, actually the runt of the litter, was all white except for this brown spot in the middle of his head.  He was so cute looking but Petey had a better personality.  an angelic monkey

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 06:55:14 PM by klaasend » Logged
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1250 on: December 31, 2009, 08:14:02 PM »

Happy New Year's Eve Sunny!!   

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1251 on: December 31, 2009, 08:50:12 PM »

Monken's been at it again    She's created a new Sponge Bob Cake:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4894.msg1045772#msg1045772

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1252 on: December 31, 2009, 09:12:14 PM »

Can't beat Sunny's video. I cried also. But this one is cute and has monkeys  in it. Happy New Year

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZpoyuVP98A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/yZpoyuVP98A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

2 4 1
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1253 on: December 31, 2009, 09:37:54 PM »

I dropped in to say hi and say I hope everyone had a very blessed Christmas. I also want to share the latest news on daughter, she is getting better, still sleeping a lot, is on bed rest. She is terrified that her baby is not growing as she says her belly is not growing, she even took a picture to prove to everyone her belly is not growing, keep in mind she is a tiny girl, normally wearing a size 1 jeans and weighing maybe a 100 pounds. I can't stop laughing. If she could only see what I do..lolol and this is just a day or so ago, she is now I believe 16 weeks along.

Searching~your daughter and new grandbaby are in my prayers, but I would also tell you to tell her that every woman carries differntly, I a 5'4 and 105 lbs, when I was 7 months pregnant I had only gaind 6 lbs and was only 120 lbs when my child was born, I had many people ell me they thought I was too small and should be checked for IUGR, but my kids (both of them) were born between 36-37 weeks over 7 lbs each. I never even wore maternity clothes, so it's possible she may carry towards her back which I and my daughter both did.........it tends to make you look alot less preggers than you are, but again everyone is different. My doctor made my worries ease by showing me the ultrasounds which showed the size of the baby and told me not to worry about the size of my belly.  an angelic monkey

Thank you IM. She is already in maternity clothes but swears her belly is not growing, it is, she is getting huge, so I have to laugh. I gained 7 pounds total when I was pregnant with her and lost 14 pounds when she was born, still have not figured that out, she was 4 pounds 14 ounces at birth and 3 months early. I keep telling her she can not gauge her pregnancy by other women because all are different. I am mom, what do I know 

Exactly-I had so many women come up to me when I was preggers with the second, and tell me I should be checked for IUGR, but I remembered the first time and my babies were born early and bigger than their babies Monkey Devil! go figure.......everyone is different and I hope she doesn' stress over this.

As far as being a mom ...........we know nothing (until they have a child of their own )

She is stressing over everything, though she was still young when we lost her baby brother, she remembers all of what happened and all, so she is really stressing. I told her just because we lost him due to a defect, does not mean she will have problems. He was anencephalic and to the best of my knowledge, that is not hereditary so I don't think she has to worry, but she has health issues and they have her as high risk since she has had so many problems already with her diabetes, blood pressure and stomach pains and issues with her cervix so she is worried. She seems to be getting over the hump, but those memories of her brother still scare her. We all keep telling her that her belly is indeed growing, but she of course says no it isn't.  I told her, she just don't see what we do because it is her carrying. I also think it is a boy, she looks like she swallowed a basketball already, she says girl.

Searching, I am so sorry!  We have a history of anencephaly in our family, I am sorry you went through that and it has affected your daughter.

We know so much more now and whatever comes up, we are so much more capable of handling it.  If her doctor is not worried, she should not worry.  One thing she can try to control is her stress level, we know that affects our babies, other than that, the medical personnel will handle it.

This is such an exciting time, she should enjoy this time when people open doors for you and treat you like they never will again.  Once the baby comes it is all about the baby.  Tell her to enjoy it while she can, when she is tired, she can lay down, after this the baby's needs will dictate what she can do.

A baby is a gift from God, congratulations!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1254 on: December 31, 2009, 10:13:26 PM »

Where's the pictures?  One of Petey's litter mates, actually the runt of the litter, was all white except for this brown spot in the middle of his head.  He was so cute looking but Petey had a better personality.  an angelic monkey

I'm working on it, hopefully I'll have something posted before 2010!   

I had to take the pics with my movie camera.  Didn't want to start up the old computer to transfer the pics so I made a dvd instead with my new dvd recorder.  I took the DH route first and didn't read the instructions... Monkey Devil!...DVD won't play on computer!    Resorted to the TM route and broke out the instruction manual, I hadn't finalized the DVD, doing that now.  Hope it will play on the computer and I can transfer some of it for you to see soon!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1255 on: December 31, 2009, 10:37:24 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1256 on: December 31, 2009, 11:08:42 PM »

She is not the most tolerant old lady in the world (she'll be 12 in April) but I guess she'll let him get away with it since after all it is HIS BED. 

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1257 on: December 31, 2009, 11:28:38 PM »

Just stopping in to wish everyone A Happy New Year!

34 minutes to go here My two little sidekicks didn't make it they knocked out on the couch about 11

Klaas Petey is just the cutest thing. His personality just shines through the pics.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1258 on: December 31, 2009, 11:31:21 PM »

Best wishes to all monkeys for a Happy New Year!

Puzzler

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1259 on: January 01, 2010, 12:50:26 AM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR MONKEYS!   

I think Prissy thought she might be a "scooby snack".   Monkey Devil!

This is Sabre!  I think she likes her!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.