April 24, 2024, 10:04:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Petey goes for his puppy booster shots tomorrow.  He weighed 3.07lbs 3 weeks ago.  How much does he weigh now?  (Voting closed: January 22, 2010, 10:13:08 PM)
More than 4 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
More than 5 pounds - 7 (30.4%)
More than 6 pounds - 8 (34.8%)
More than 7 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
Who cares? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #53 11/24/09 - 1/21/10  (Read 500510 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1540 on: January 07, 2010, 07:25:36 AM »

Monkeys ring,
CBB listens.
By her name,
Her light Glistens
A beautiful sight,
We're happy tonight,
walking in our winter avatars!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1541 on: January 07, 2010, 07:29:16 AM »

Characters:  Terrier #1 (11yr old commonly known to the world as simply "the B****"), Terrier @2 (10week old Petey, too cute to resist) 

Date:  1/7/09

Time:  4am

Purpose: Terrier #1 has determined that Terrier #2 has been cooped up in the spare bathroom long enough.  Terrier #2 could care less (he's a guy) and is happy just about anywhere.  Terrier #1 will scratch at mom's door until mom finally gets up.  Terrier #1 knows that dad never hears S*** (he is afterall a guy) 

Scene:  Terrier #1 has taken over Terrier #2's brand new bed.  Terrier #2 gets in and gets growled at but is determined to stay.  Terrier #2 didn't really care to wake up but now but since he has, it's play/eat/poop time for about 1 hour, then back to sleep.  Then maybe MOM can get some sleep as well 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1542 on: January 07, 2010, 07:34:26 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,582375,00.html

(NOTE:  I love cats too)

In the War of Dogs vs. Cats, Clear Winner: Dogs

Thursday , January 07, 2010

LOS ANGELES —
Cats. Dogs. Those can be fighting words in some circles.

Cats are "nasty, stinking creatures," says Mark David of Warrensburg, Mo. And dogs? They're noisy, disruptive and "lick you and themselves," counters Sanford Reikes of Louisville, Ky.

Clearly, there are dog people and there are cat people. But it's not much of a contest: 74 percent of people like dogs a lot, and only 41 percent like cats a lot.

Cats win the dislike vote handily, according to an Associated Press-Petside.com poll. Fifteen percent of the adults questioned said they disliked cats a lot while the number who said they disliked dogs a lot was just 2 percent.

Joseph Moreus, 61, of Westminster, Calif., understands why dogs come out on top.

"They have more personality. They are loyal," he said. "Cats are all about cats but dogs are interested in pleasing their owners. Cats don't care if they please you or not."

And cats can be destructive, said Joy Rasch, 70, of Kennewick, Wash., who gets mad at the neighborhood cats who kill robins, quail and squirrels in her back yard. Male cats will spray their territory or get in the wood pile at 3 a.m. and "screech like bad brakes on a car," she added.

Of course, cat lovers, if smaller in numbers, are equal in passion.

"Cats are 1,000 times smarter than dogs," said Bonnie Hanson, 77, of Sioux Falls, S.D. She and her late husband had a black Siamese cat, Kitty, that she said "always wanted to comfort people, anybody who was ill or unhappy."

"My husband would have chest pains and wouldn't tell me. But Kitty would come and look at me and I'd know. We called him our psychic Siamese," she said. "Every cat I ever had was a help and a comfort."

More than two-thirds of people in the United States have a pet, said Gail Buchwald, senior vice president of the ASPCA Adoption Center in New York City. About 39 percent of households have dogs and 34 percent have cats, Buchwald said, using numbers supplied by the Association of Pet Product Manufacturers.

Those most likely to dislike cats were blacks, Hispanics and married men. Men were a bit more likely than women to say they disliked cats.

Dog people are more adamant about their preference than cat people, the poll found. Of those who owned only a dog, 34 percent said they disliked cats; of those who owned only a cat, only 5 percent disliked dogs.

David, 28, who runs a landscaping company in Warrensburg, dislikes cats but he says he owes his life to a dog. Two years ago, his 5-year-old black lab Zena was with him when a tractor rolled onto his leg, leaving him pinned and bleeding. Zena went to get his wife.

"She wasn't a Lassie by any means, but she was smart enough to go for help," David said.

Still, all this sniping doesn't mean there is no harmony in the country. Sixty percent of all adults said they liked both dogs AND cats.

Cats are independent so give you a little more freedom but dogs are better companions, said Janet Hardy, 69, of Abingdon, Md., who grew up with both.

David Kyser, 73, has also had both — and can tick off their relative merits.

"Cats take care of themselves. They are very clean. Dogs are not so clean and they need some activity. They are good if you have a house full of children," said Kyser, of Austin, Texas. "Cats just kind of sit around being cats."

And some, of course, don't want either species for a friend.

"I have a fear of dogs and I don't like cats," said Willie Thigpen, 60, of Greenwood, S.C. He and his wife raised three children, but they never had a pet.

"And now I don't want to take care of nothing except me," he said.

The AP-Petside.com poll was conducted Oct. 1-5, 2009, by GfK Roper Public Affairs & Media. It involved telephone interviews on landline and cell phones with 1,967 adults nationwide, including 1,166 pet owners and has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 2.2 percent for all adults. The margin of sampling error is higher and varies for results based on sub-samples.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1543 on: January 07, 2010, 07:39:27 AM »

http://texasequusearch.org/2010/01/spokes-and-spurs-for-equusearch-january-23-2010/

Spokes and Spurs for EquuSearch, January 23, 2010

Posted on 02. Jan, 2010 by smckinney in About TES, Calendar of Events, Featured Articles, Get Involved

There will be a Fundraiser for Texas EquuSearch on January 23, 2010 at Marguerite’s, 3330 Avenue A, Santa Fe, Texas 77510 (downloadable flyer below). We will be raffling a 2009 Harley Davidson Softail Deluxe (see picture below). If you previously purchased raffle ticket(s) for the cancelled fundraiser last July, THEY WILL BE HONORED. Additionally, each ticket you purchased for $20.00 will now have three (3) chances to win. We will be contacting each person who bought a ticket, and then fill out two (2) additional tickets to go in the drawing. The reason for this is that the new tickets are being sold for $10.00 each, or three (3) for $20.00.

We are in need of volunteers to help secure donated items for the Live and Silent Auctions. In addition, we will need volunteers to serve BBQ plates, along with other miscellaneous duties the day of the Fundraiser. (We need donations of side dishes, buns and condiments. If you are able to get donations for these items, please coordinate this with the office so we can keep up with all donations.) Please contact Sherry at the office, (281) 309-9500, or email sherry.mckinney@texasequusearch.org., to volunteer for any assistance or donations. Thank you so much.

I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1544 on: January 07, 2010, 07:57:43 AM »

turn up sound...

http://www.animatronics.org/strangers/strangers.htm

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1545 on: January 07, 2010, 08:13:02 AM »

Characters:  Terrier #1 (11yr old commonly known to the world as simply "the B****"), Terrier @2 (10week old Petey, too cute to resist) 

Date:  1/7/09

Time:  4am

Purpose: Terrier #1 has determined that Terrier #2 has been cooped up in the spare bathroom long enough.  Terrier #2 could care less (he's a guy) and is happy just about anywhere.  Terrier #1 will scratch at mom's door until mom finally gets up.  Terrier #1 knows that dad never hears S*** (he is afterall a guy) 

Scene:  Terrier #1 has taken over Terrier #2's brand new bed.  Terrier #2 gets in and gets growled at but is determined to stay.  Terrier #2 didn't really care to wake up but now but since he has, it's play/eat/poop time for about 1 hour, then back to sleep.  Then maybe MOM can get some sleep as well 

Good Morning Klaas,
Aren't they fun. Loved you story.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1546 on: January 07, 2010, 08:16:24 AM »

OMG Nutt   That was funny. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1547 on: January 07, 2010, 08:19:41 AM »

OK, just took this photo.  He is sleeping on this little foot stool I have under my computer desk to put my feet on.  it's a very small ottoman covered with a brown pillow cover.  Petey likes it there.  I got as close as I could and when the flash went off he fell backwards off the foot stool onto the cords/wires under the desk, LOLOL.  Poor guy...

Poor Petey.    He is so cute.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1548 on: January 07, 2010, 08:23:35 AM »

Hey GreenEyes.   
That was hilarious.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1549 on: January 07, 2010, 09:12:45 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!!
Thanks CBB!!! Love you!! 

We're just waiting for the ice & snow; i wish it would miss us entirely 

I don't want to lose power & we're more likely to get freezing rain than snow. All the schools are closed today so i don't have to worry about that!

Trimm, the radar looks like you're getting snow!! Hope it's fun & causes no problems!!   

Also, I'm just sick about little Gabriel, I just know she"Elizabeth" did something to that baby. her family doesn't believe her at all & they're hinting around about all her "issues". She's another Casey, i have no doubt at this point.  Even her Grandfather said she didn't like being a mother! She fits the profile of a sociopath; I hate her already. 
I pray I'm wrong & they find him safe. Stay warm everyone, except for you Klaas!      Love you all!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1550 on: January 07, 2010, 09:32:29 AM »

If Bud Abbott and Lou Costello were alive today, their infamous sketch, 'Who's on First?' might have turned out something like this:

COSTELLO CALLS TO BUY A COMPUTER FROM ABBOTT
     ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?

COSTELLO: Thanks I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking about buying a computer.

ABBOTT: Mac?

COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou.

ABBOTT: Your computer?

COSTELLO: I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.

ABBOTT: Mac?

COSTELLO: I told you, my name's Lou.

ABBOTT: What about Windows?

COSTELLO: Why? Will it get stuffy in here?

ABBOTT: Do you want a computer with Windows?

COSTELLO: I don't know. What will I see when I look at the windows?

ABBOTT: Wallpaper.

COSTELLO: Never mind the windows. I need a computer and software.

ABBOTT: Software for Windows?

COSTELLO: No.. On the computer! I need something I can use to write proposals, track expenses and run my business. What do you have?

ABBOTT: Office.

COSTELLO: Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?

ABBOTT: I just did.

COSTELLO: You just did what?

ABBOTT: Recommend something.

COSTELLO: You recommended something?

ABBOTT: Yes.

COSTELLO: For my office?

ABBOTT: Yes.

COSTELLO: OK, what did you recommend for my office?

ABBOTT: Office.

COSTELLO: Yes, for my office!

ABBOTT: I recommend Office with Windows.

COSTELLO: I already have an office with windows! OK, let's just say I'm sitting at my computer and I want to type a proposal. What do I need?

ABBOTT: Word.

COSTELLO: What word?

ABBOTT: Word in Office.

COSTELLO: The only word in office is office.

ABBOTT: The Word in Office for Windows.

COSTELLO: Which word in office for windows?

ABBOTT: The Word you get when you click the blue 'W'.

COSTELLO: I'm going to click your blue 'w' if you don't start with some straight answers. What about financial bookkeeping? You have anything I can track my money with?

ABBOTT: Money.

COSTELLO: That's right. What do you have?

COSTELLO: I need money to track my money?

ABBOTT: It comes bundled with your computer.

COSTELLO: What's bundled with my computer?

COSTELLO: Money comes with my computer?

ABBOTT: Yes. No extra charge.

COSTELLO: I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?

ABBOTT: One copy.

COSTELLO: Isn't it illegal to copy money?

ABBOTT: Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.

COSTELLO: They can give you a license to copy money?

ABBOTT: Why not? THEY OWN IT!

(A few days later)

ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?

COSTELLO: How do I turn my computer off?

ABBOTT: Click on 'START'..............

(Anonymous to me)

I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1551 on: January 07, 2010, 09:37:49 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!!
Thanks CBB!!! Love you!! 

I don't want to lose power & we're more likely to get freezing rain than snow. All the schools are closed today so i don't have to worry about that!

Trimm, the radar looks like you're getting snow!! Hope it's fun & causes no problems!!   

Also, I'm just sick about little Gabriel, I just know she"Elizabeth" did something to that baby. her family doesn't believe her at all & they're hinting around about all her "issues". She's another Casey, i have no doubt at this point.  Even her Grandfather said she didn't like being a mother! She fits the profile of a sociopath; I hate her already. 
I pray I'm wrong & they find him safe. Stay warm everyone, except for you Klaas!      Love you all!! 

Hey Monken!     It is starting to sleet here now.   

Stay safe and warm.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1552 on: January 07, 2010, 09:39:35 AM »

Hey Bearly.    an angelic monkey
Gotta run.I have to force the dogs outside.They don't like getting their paws wet.   Monkey Devil!
Short as they are,that won't be the only thing that gets wet.   

~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1553 on: January 07, 2010, 09:51:56 AM »

#1  I know the forum is running slow as molasses.  We are working on it and haven't found the cause yet.  Please try and be patient.  It's irritating to me too.

#2  I've have succeeded in training Petey to empty the dishwasher     

Short video

Photo of item removed

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1554 on: January 07, 2010, 10:00:53 AM »

What a cute little helper Petey is. Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1555 on: January 07, 2010, 10:03:48 AM »

Miss Bearly,

I can see you have been working hard. Loved you up dated version of Abbot and Costello.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1556 on: January 07, 2010, 10:25:39 AM »

Klaas,    Petey rocks!   

~ Peter Frampton
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1557 on: January 07, 2010, 11:54:32 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!!
Thanks CBB!!! Love you!! 

Love you too, Monken!   

Stay Warm! I'm waiting on the same weather as you are.........   

Klaas? That's the cutest picture yet of little Petey! Him's got his widdle paw up............ awwww, he just melts me!

I've worked from home this morning and was getting ready to go in to the office. I was curling my hair with a curling iron, right? All of a sudden a piece of it went flying across the room!      The arm of the iron went floppy and burned my forehead (don't you just love that big red blotch?)

It was the tension thingy, and I went to pick it up (smart, aren't I?) and burned the crap out of my fingers. So, my hair looks REALLY weird............ sort of mullet-like ( I got the top done, only), and I look spotted.  I'm having a great day! 

I'm rattled anyway. Last week, a girl from the office had a disposable camera for some reason, and caught John and I and said "cheese". We were just being silly, so I pinched his butt to make him look surprised, and he grabbed the back of my sweater and pulled tight for the same reason. She brought the pictures in yesterday, and I was just stunned! It's the angle and the pull, but my bewbs look like Dolly Parton................. not in any good way at all! I'll never wear a turtleneck again and I'm going to go on a starvation diet! I grabbed the picture so no one else would have it, but it's sitting here at my computer and hopefully it will serve as motivation! 

Wonder how much it would cost to get my jaws wired together? Everybody at work would be so pleased!   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1558 on: January 07, 2010, 12:02:02 PM »

Hey CBB!   

~ Peter Frampton
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1559 on: January 07, 2010, 12:04:37 PM »

Hey CBB!   

Hi Trimm!  I got frozen out for a few minutes!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.