April 19, 2024, 08:59:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Petey goes for his puppy booster shots tomorrow.  He weighed 3.07lbs 3 weeks ago.  How much does he weigh now?  (Voting closed: January 22, 2010, 10:13:08 PM)
More than 4 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
More than 5 pounds - 7 (30.4%)
More than 6 pounds - 8 (34.8%)
More than 7 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
Who cares? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #53 11/24/09 - 1/21/10  (Read 500281 times)
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: December 14, 2009, 05:16:55 PM »

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #641 on: December 14, 2009, 05:19:29 PM »

QM - you have never done anything to get banned.  Do you believe Fanny's post a couple pages back to be OK?  I had no intention of banning Fanny after I banned CC until Fanny made that post.  CC absolutely deserved to be banned and was given many chances.  Fanny pushed it too far with that last post of hers.  I wish Fanny the best, I can no longer deal with her pouting.

Klaas, honestly I can't say I thought her post was ok, but I guess it depends on how you look at it too. I thought that she was just venting. I understand others may have felt otherwise, that's just the way it goes I guess. I do really wish she would have taken a little more time to think more before she posted. I almost felt as though I was reading a post written by someone else, it just didn't seem like Fanny was writing it. So I have to say I wish she hadn't wrote it, atleast not in the way she did. I want to be honest here is all, like I said I did like Fanny and I don't want to be an odd man out now. But, I'm not going to pretend I didn't like her now just because she is gone.

RIP Sweet Puppy
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: December 14, 2009, 05:21:38 PM »

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. I hate conflict, but had bit my tongue as long as I could. I am having a bad day with pain and that post of hers was my last straw.

Darla, I am sorry to read you are having a bad day with pain....I hope you get relief quickly

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #643 on: December 14, 2009, 05:24:14 PM »

I can't wait to try that fudge, and tomorrow I will be making the saltine treat recipe that Northern posted in JSM's thread, it was a favorite of mine when my mom made it when I was a kid. She used graham crackers instead, but I'm going with Northern's recipe 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: December 14, 2009, 05:24:50 PM »

Trimm:   salut  Always good to see you, too.  Hugs to you.

Northern Rose:   santa Joy and peace to you and yours, too.  (Lentil soup, yum.)

QuietMonkey:   thumright  So glad you are sticking around.  It will all be okay.

Darla:   sunny  Hope you feel better soon.

Sunny:     Amen, Sistah.

Klaas:  You ROCK.  Thank you for ALL you do for SM.     

Bye all, gotta run do Christmas-y stuff.  See ya later.

Desi, I hope you will stay down out of the rafters now.  When you have a moment check Caylee's thread please.....I am trying to get more info on the report/brief Lenamon wrote and I need some help!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: December 14, 2009, 05:31:12 PM »

I can't wait to try that fudge, and tomorrow I will be making the saltine treat recipe that Northern posted in JSM's thread, it was a favorite of mine when my mom made it when I was a kid. She used graham crackers instead, but I'm going with Northern's recipe 

Where is NR recipe you mentioned?  I hope it is also in the recipe thread?  or please post it here or tell me where I can find it in NR thread

Rest in Peace Caylee

QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #646 on: December 14, 2009, 05:35:54 PM »

Desi, I just want to say I am happy to see you. I have missed you and your posts too!

RIP Sweet Puppy
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #647 on: December 14, 2009, 05:39:49 PM »

Quiet Monkey....I have the utmost respect for you and have always enjoyed your post. Especially all of the cute little smileys. I hate that you got caught in the middle of the mess with me and Fanny. Your post is not what upset me that day but the post after yours that Fanny said "she thinks she is". I really do not watch SNL, I always thought it was stupid and not really all that funny. I hope that we can remain as friends. I really like you and I don't expect you to turn on your friend if that is the way you feel. Can we just be here for the children?

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: December 14, 2009, 05:44:30 PM »

Where is NR recipe you mentioned?  I hope it is also in the recipe thread?  or please post it here or tell me where I can find it in NR thread
I marked it on my notebook here, it is on page 61 in JSM's thread, I don't know if it is the the recipe thread.
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #649 on: December 14, 2009, 05:53:47 PM »

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. I hate conflict, but had bit my tongue as long as I could. I am having a bad day with pain and that post of hers was my last straw.

Darla, I am sorry to read you are having a bad day with pain....I hope you get relief quickly

Thank you Sunny, I live in pain daily, but today has been really bad The nerves are so irritated from being pinched that just my clothes brushing across the skin sends pain all over.The cold wet weather just puts me in extra misery. I have 2 ruptured disk and can't get anything done for another month. They put me on Plavix after my MI in August and I can't come off of it for another month long enough to have surgery . My spine is just in a mess and this will be my seventh back and neck surgery. Every time they fix one rupture another goes bad. So please keep me in your prayers that I can make it another month.

God Bless!
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #650 on: December 14, 2009, 06:00:32 PM »

Quiet Monkey....I have the utmost respect for you and have always enjoyed your post. Especially all of the cute little smileys. I hate that you got caught in the middle of the mess with me and Fanny. Your post is not what upset me that day but the post after yours that Fanny said "she thinks she is". I really do not watch SNL, I always thought it was stupid and not really all that funny. I hope that we can remain as friends. I really like you and I don't expect you to turn on your friend if that is the way you feel. Can we just be here for the children?
Darla, thank you. I was sure we were both ok with each other. But I got even more upset that day when ANJ (who I always had liked also) came with her post about Fanny, and mentioned about her "gang". I felt that was so wrong and uncalled for. It wasn't till several days later that I went back and saw ANJ got banned. I was not happy to see that either (or CC & now Fanny). It just seems like so many Monkeys keep biting the dust. I'm definitely glad I'm not a mod, because I probably wouldn't be a good one. These are boards for missing children/adults but I recognize that people do get to "know each other" in the process. When that happens, it becomes sort of like a family, in a way. When you have families (or friends), you have personalities come into play. Sometimes they clash, sometimes they misunderstand, and sometimes things get "personal" and feelings get hurt. I think it's just unavoidable really, and I'm sure it happens on every message board out there. There are two sides to every story too and no one could argue that, I think? I'm just not sure what else I could say. I did like Fanny, and other Monkeys that have been banned (no, not Dolce) even though I've never met any of them personally.

RIP Sweet Puppy
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: December 14, 2009, 06:01:21 PM »

I marked it on my notebook here, it is on page 61 in JSM's thread, I don't know if it is the the recipe thread.

Thanks nrcg...I will check it out...I love having new recipes instead of serving the same ones over and over....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: December 14, 2009, 06:08:06 PM »

Thank you Sunny, I live in pain daily, but today has been really bad The nerves are so irritated from being pinched that just my clothes brushing across the skin sends pain all over.The cold wet weather just puts me in extra misery. I have 2 ruptured disk and can't get anything done for another month. They put me on Plavix after my MI in August and I can't come off of it for another month long enough to have surgery . My spine is just in a mess and this will be my seventh back and neck surgery. Every time they fix one rupture another goes bad. So please keep me in your prayers that I can make it another month.

Darla....I know what back pain is about... fell 6 feet off a ladder and fractured 4 verts 4 yrs. ago and was in a back brace for nearly a year. I can't imagine have one after another rupture....  Oh goodness...you have to wait a month?  Bless your heart.....you just went to the top of my prayer list with Tevye and a few others. 

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: December 14, 2009, 06:39:34 PM »

Darla you are in my thoughts and prayers  an angelic monkey Sunny what a horrible accident and having to be in a back brace for a year, how awful  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: December 14, 2009, 06:43:49 PM »

All the recipes for the other day are in the cooking thread and start here

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1203.msg1034332#msg1034332

No Rose - I hope you saw the change to the saltine recipe to 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: December 14, 2009, 06:45:45 PM »

No Rose - I hope you saw the change to the saltine recipe to 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter. 
Thanks for telling me, I will go to the cooking thread later, because I'm making those tomorrow 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #656 on: December 14, 2009, 06:58:23 PM »

Northern, if I pay your flight & board will you come down and cook all these yummies for Bubba & Me?

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: December 14, 2009, 07:08:15 PM »

Darla you are in my thoughts and prayers  an angelic monkey Sunny what a horrible accident and having to be in a back brace for a year, how awful  an angelic monkey

It was not pleasant......but I did exactly what the doctors said to do as I didn't want to have surgery.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: December 14, 2009, 07:09:08 PM »

Wonderful, thanks NR

Rest in Peace Caylee

darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #659 on: December 14, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »

I have a few good recipes for finger foods and desserts both. I will try to post some tomorrow. Sunny have you ever tried the lil smokies sausages in apple jelly and mustard? Or just regular hotdogs chopped up.

God Bless!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.