April 24, 2024, 11:40:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Petey goes for his puppy booster shots tomorrow.  He weighed 3.07lbs 3 weeks ago.  How much does he weigh now?  (Voting closed: January 22, 2010, 10:13:08 PM)
More than 4 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
More than 5 pounds - 7 (30.4%)
More than 6 pounds - 8 (34.8%)
More than 7 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
Who cares? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #53 11/24/09 - 1/21/10  (Read 500488 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #680 on: December 15, 2009, 12:04:37 AM »

I love it Boomonkey, CBB must have created another masterpiece 

Finishing up work for today, listening to xmas music........James Taylor sigh, how I love holiday music. Have any of you ever heard the song In The Bleak Midwinter? So beautiful......

Thought I'd breeze by and say hello but also let everyone know who does have iTunes, that at the moment Apple has a free Holiday Sampler with about 20 songs you can download at the iTunes Store.

CBB son graduates this weekend and I'm already emotional about it.......but I'll email you for I'll be in TN at the end of the year ok?

I so love the xmas monkey smilies

I continue to stand with the girl.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: December 15, 2009, 09:55:02 AM »

Quiet Monkey....I have the utmost respect for you and have always enjoyed your post. Especially all of the cute little smileys. I hate that you got caught in the middle of the mess with me and Fanny. Your post is not what upset me that day but the post after yours that Fanny said "she thinks she is". I really do not watch SNL, I always thought it was stupid and not really all that funny. I hope that we can remain as friends. I really like you and I don't expect you to turn on your friend if that is the way you feel. Can we just be here for the children?
Darla, thank you. I was sure we were both ok with each other. But I got even more upset that day when ANJ (who I always had liked also) came with her post about Fanny, and mentioned about her "gang". I felt that was so wrong and uncalled for. It wasn't till several days later that I went back and saw ANJ got banned. I was not happy to see that either (or CC & now Fanny). It just seems like so many Monkeys keep biting the dust. I'm definitely glad I'm not a mod, because I probably wouldn't be a good one. These are boards for missing children/adults but I recognize that people do get to "know each other" in the process. When that happens, it becomes sort of like a family, in a way. When you have families (or friends), you have personalities come into play. Sometimes they clash, sometimes they misunderstand, and sometimes things get "personal" and feelings get hurt. I think it's just unavoidable really, and I'm sure it happens on every message board out there. There are two sides to every story too and no one could argue that, I think? I'm just not sure what else I could say. I did like Fanny, and other Monkeys that have been banned (no, not Dolce) even though I've never met any of them personally.

QuietMonkey...scootch over on that there branch little lady.....I was not aware of anything going on either...have just started visiting more regularly  some new threads that I have come to really enjoy, this being one of them...that being said, and this is the last I will butt in about any of this since I am not involved  and I don't know the history behind the dynamics of the involved posters...I like ANJ, Fannie and CC  a lot just like you do...had no idea that there was any tension with other monkeys cause there are so many threads to read and so many posters on here, which I think really helps in keeping the tension down within a forum...That being said, I really like ALL the posters who I guess were having problems with each other, the ones who got banned and the ones who are staying....You have ALL added a bunch to this forum in my opinion...I will enjoy posting along side the ones who are still here and I will miss the ones that are gone now...the ones that are here, I can still enjoy and tell them that, but I just wanted the ones who are gone to know that for me they will be missed....
I think that at one time or another we as posters have all probably had run ins or misunderstandings, have our favorite and not so favorite posters.. some that we click with and some that we clash with, that happens on forums...sigh....

thanks to all monkeys who work hard to get info out about little missing kids..that is what brought us all together ....
moving on now...

enjoying the recipes a lot..!

QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #682 on: December 15, 2009, 10:51:05 AM »

Cookie, thanks for your reply. I'm glad to know I'm not sitting on this branch alone and I hope no Monkeys take that the wrong way. Sometimes it is hard to convey in words what I actually mean. Usually I try very hard to make sure what I mean is what actually comes out in my posts, but I'm sure that's not always the case. I just didn't realize things were "as bad" as they were, and am sad to see Monkeys being banned. As I said, I would never want to be mod cause it can't be a fun job. Any mods please correct me if I am wrong about that cause I'm just taking a guess. I came to this board because of Caylee. Before Caylee I never knew this board existed, I think I even came here through a link from another board (no not WS). I used to belong to two other boards (also because of Caylee), but I chose to stay at this board. I have not been to the other two boards since early this year. I just liked this board best, and still do. However I am surprised at how many "tensions" I have seen here in the last year since I've joined. Like I said before though, I know these happen on probably every board out there, but this is the one I belong to. Personally I don't think every monkey that has been banned deserved it, but that's just my opinion. I respect the mods here and will not criticize the job they are doing cause I would never want to do it myself. I am just trying hard to speak my mind without knocking anyone else down. They day I can't say what I think (respectfully of course) is the day I should leave or be banned. Hope I haven't gone too far as it is, cause I do really like it here.

RIP Sweet Puppy
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: December 15, 2009, 12:00:40 PM »

Cookie, thanks for your reply. I'm glad to know I'm not sitting on this branch alone and I hope no Monkeys take that the wrong way. Sometimes it is hard to convey in words what I actually mean. Usually I try very hard to make sure what I mean is what actually comes out in my posts, but I'm sure that's not always the case. I just didn't realize things were "as bad" as they were, and am sad to see Monkeys being banned. As I said, I would never want to be mod cause it can't be a fun job. Any mods please correct me if I am wrong about that cause I'm just taking a guess. I came to this board because of Caylee. Before Caylee I never knew this board existed, I think I even came here through a link from another board (no not WS). I used to belong to two other boards (also because of Caylee), but I chose to stay at this board. I have not been to the other two boards since early this year. I just liked this board best, and still do. However I am surprised at how many "tensions" I have seen here in the last year since I've joined. Like I said before though, I know these happen on probably every board out there, but this is the one I belong to. Personally I don't think every monkey that has been banned deserved it, but that's just my opinion. I respect the mods here and will not criticize the job they are doing cause I would never want to do it myself. I am just trying hard to speak my mind without knocking anyone else down. They day I can't say what I think (respectfully of course) is the day I should leave or be banned. Hope I haven't gone too far as it is, cause I do really like it here.

QM Well said and you are not sitting alone.    
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #684 on: December 15, 2009, 12:16:42 PM »

QM Well said and you are not sitting alone.    
Thanks NorRose! 

RIP Sweet Puppy
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #685 on: December 15, 2009, 02:34:32 PM »

Fanny - please tell me when I've "slapped your hand" recently?

You know there are other people in this world dealing with real life besides CasuallyCool.  Other people that have had family members and pets die.  Other people that are short on money.  Some of us don't depend upon a missing persons forum to make it all better. 

Klaas, if you could take Fanny and CC out of your above statement, I am one of those "other people". And you're right, I don't come here to make it all better. I come here to laugh about it and stay sane. JSM's thread is a good place to be when I'm not in such a good place. [my post in no way should be interpreted as any kind of comment on the Fanny and CC situation. Not looking to get into trouble, zoo geeper,    just thought ya'll might want to know why some of us "other people" are on JSM's thread]

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: December 15, 2009, 02:40:37 PM »

Tevye - I am one of those people too.  I know you have been through alot and so have many others.  I know people enjoy just being able to goof off.  That's what this Musing area was created for. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: December 15, 2009, 02:41:22 PM »

Just like in real life, each and every person is responsible for his or her own behavior.  And at Scared Monkeys, each poster is responsible for his or her own posts. 

While I find it very nice that some monkeys express their sadness that they won't be able to post along with their friends that have been banned, I take exception to comments that Klaasend erred in her judgement in banning them.  Klaasend doesn't just ban on a whim.   I too will miss CC and Fanny Mae.  They contributed a lot to Scared Monkeys forum.  But I won't miss the inappropriate posts they were warned about repeatedly.  This was no misunderstanding.  They were even warned by email.   My advice to those that feel posters were unfairly banned is to go back to those posters profiles and read their posting history.  Right along with the nice, fun parts are some that are personal attacks and are inappropriate, particularly on a missing child's thread. 

I would also like to address "report to moderators".  The vast majority of inappropriate posts that end up being edited, a warning posted and etc. I find myself by reading.  There are very, very few "report to moderator" emails sent.  There are some on here that are accusing others of doing "report to moderator" to cause trouble.  Not so.  And just because a person does a "report to moderator" doesn't mean we take action.  It' just depends on the post.  I spend a large part of my time reading and going through threads, checking posts.  It's part of my job.  And I either edit, comment, or even screen shot and refer to Klaasend.  You may or may not see admin or mods up in the rafters, but it doesn't mean we haven't already seen the posts.  If it's posted, there's a very, very good chance I will see it or Klaas or one of the other mods will see it.  I read on threads I don't usually post in, but I'm there all the same.  Also, there is nothing wrong with using the report to moderator function.  It can be a better alternative to trying to fight with another poster, which can then get both in hot water. 

I find the best thing to do is to post on topic in a missing person's thread (some chit chat is okay) and post positive. an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #688 on: December 15, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »

Thank-you, I'm sure your jobs as moderators is a very hard job, and I appreciate it  an angelic monkey
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #689 on: December 15, 2009, 03:03:10 PM »

Hi Muffy. I hope you don't think I said "Klaasend erred in her judgement in banning them." That is not at all what I said, it's definitely not what I meant. I said " Personally I don't think every monkey that has been banned deserved it, but that's just my opinion." I did not mention a mod or a banned monkey by name, and stated that it was just my opinion. Which is exactly what I meant, my opinion. I totally agree with what no rose said above, and have said it many times myself. I have no doubt being a moderator is hard and I could never do that job cause I know I would not be good at it. I also have all respect for all the mods and don't believe they ban on a whim. I also have said that I don't follow every thread, and just didn't realize things were as bad as they were. I know I may have spoken too much about all this, and I do plan to move on, from this topic that is.
I don't know why I have so much to say, especially since I'm generally more quiet than this. 

RIP Sweet Puppy
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: December 15, 2009, 03:27:49 PM »

Hi Muffy. I hope you don't think I said "Klaasend erred in her judgement in banning them." That is not at all what I said, it's definitely not what I meant. I said " Personally I don't think every monkey that has been banned deserved it, but that's just my opinion." I did not mention a mod or a banned monkey by name, and stated that it was just my opinion. Which is exactly what I meant, my opinion. I totally agree with what no rose said above, and have said it many times myself. I have no doubt being a moderator is hard and I could never do that job cause I know I would not be good at it. I also have all respect for all the mods and don't believe they ban on a whim. I also have said that I don't follow every thread, and just didn't realize things were as bad as they were. I know I may have spoken too much about all this, and I do plan to move on, from this topic that is.
I don't know why I have so much to say, especially since I'm generally more quiet than this. 

QuietMonkey
~  I think you have so much to say, (even though you are usually a QM, indeed!) is because you are deeply affected by recent events.     And if you look at my post, I didn't name names, except Klaasend, FM and CC.  And nowhere in my post did I say every single poster Klaasend has banned deserved it.  I would also like to clarlify something you said in your post to be sure there is no misunderstanding:  "  I also have all respect for all the mods and don't believe they ban on a whim".  You may have been generalizing, but Klaasend is admin, and CBB, Bearlyhere, 2NJ, Nut44X4, SAN, and I are moderators.  Moderators cannot ban nor can they time out.  Only administration can do that. 

I was a poster before I was a moderator and I am now both.  And I too have an opinion, as a poster and a moderator.  My previous post was not specifically directed to any one poster nor any particular post.   an angelic monkey

Modified once to include "SAN" 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 03:36:30 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: December 15, 2009, 03:30:27 PM »

Thank-you, I'm sure your jobs as moderators is a very hard job, and I appreciate it  an angelic monkey

DITTO

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #692 on: December 15, 2009, 03:36:04 PM »

That's AMAZING clarity!

It was so cool watching it live - he actually opened and shut his eyes and we could see him breathing!  Since we lost him before birth I treasure seeing it.

ooohhhhh I didn;t know....I am so sorry

Thanks Sunny - I am a bit behind here reading but wanted to take the time to thank you for your kind words!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: December 15, 2009, 03:43:09 PM »

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/health/Q-A-after-H1N1-vaccine-recall

Q&A after H1N1 vaccine recall
Recall of vaccine has many people asking questions

Updated: Tuesday, 15 Dec 2009, 2:18 PM CST
Published : Tuesday, 15 Dec 2009, 2:17 PM CST

(CDC) - The following FAQ is taken verbatim from the CDC Web site. It contains up-to-date info regarding Tuesday's H1N1 flu-shot recall.
<Snip>

QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #694 on: December 15, 2009, 03:45:16 PM »

Thank you Muffy! I stand corrected about the moderators than as I thought they could ban as well. I've only been here more than a year and never realized that! Well than I must rephrase and say: I also have all respect for admins and mods and don't believe they (admins) ban on a whim! I'm sure there is much I miss too, cause I just didn't see alot of what others said were happening. It's just too bad all these things happened as they did cause I just think none of it should have happened the way it did!  I will try to be a good postermonkey, and maybe even quiet up a little more. I wasn't trying to stir trouble or anything either, cause I'm just not like that. Anyways, I do want to move on now cause there is nothing else I think I can do/say.   

RIP Sweet Puppy
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: December 15, 2009, 03:53:02 PM »

Thank you Muffy! I stand corrected about the moderators than as I thought they could ban as well. I've only been here more than a year and never realized that! Well than I must rephrase and say: I also have all respect for admins and mods and don't believe they (admins) ban on a whim! I'm sure there is much I miss too, cause I just didn't see alot of what others said were happening. It's just too bad all these things happened as they did cause I just think none of it should have happened the way it did!  I will try to be a good postermonkey, and maybe even quiet up a little more. I wasn't trying to stir trouble or anything either, cause I'm just not like that. Anyways, I do want to move on now cause there is nothing else I think I can do/say.   

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #696 on: December 15, 2009, 03:53:52 PM »

Hola! How's everybody? 

Finger Food? AHHHHHHHHH!! I have an EASY, EASY, EASY one that tastes great! 

SAUSAGE PINWHEELS
1 pound sausage
1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

That's it! Lay out a piece of wax paper. Open roll dough and leave in the rectangle shape on wax paper. Sort of pinch together the perforations. Spread uncooked sausage ( with fingers ) on the dough. Roll up like a jelly roll (From the long edge of the rectangle. You end up with a longer thinner roll, not a short fat one.)

You can slice it right then and bake slices in 350* oven until sausage is cooked , but I usually wrap in wax paper and freeze a little for ease of slicing. If I'm freezing for a later day, I finish with a wrap of aluminum foil. Either way, slice thawed roll approx 1/2 in thick, and bake @ 350* approx 15 minutes or until sausage is cooked.

Hmmmmm don't I look pretty??

BooMonkey...yes, you look beautiful...love your Christmas avi.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: December 15, 2009, 05:05:34 PM »

(CDC) - The following FAQ is taken verbatim from the CDC Web site. It contains up-to-date info regarding Tuesday's H1N1 flu-shot recall.
<Snip>

Thanks Muffy....our county gave out free shots this past weekend and my DG and  I decided not to have the shot.  Many others must have too, as the turnout was not nearly what was expected.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: December 15, 2009, 05:07:15 PM »

Hola! How's everybody? 

Finger Food? AHHHHHHHHH!! I have an EASY, EASY, EASY one that tastes great! 

SAUSAGE PINWHEELS
1 pound sausage
1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

That's it! Lay out a piece of wax paper. Open roll dough and leave in the rectangle shape on wax paper. Sort of pinch together the perforations. Spread uncooked sausage ( with fingers ) on the dough. Roll up like a jelly roll (From the long edge of the rectangle. You end up with a longer thinner roll, not a short fat one.)

You can slice it right then and bake slices in 350* oven until sausage is cooked , but I usually wrap in wax paper and freeze a little for ease of slicing. If I'm freezing for a later day, I finish with a wrap of aluminum foil. Either way, slice thawed roll approx 1/2 in thick, and bake @ 350* approx 15 minutes or until sausage is cooked.

CBB  I only have one word for this recipe....BRING IT ON...oooppssss that's really 3 words isn't it!  With then....YUMMO!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: December 15, 2009, 05:14:56 PM »

<Snip>

Thanks Muffy....our county gave out free shots this past weekend and my DG and  I decided not to have the shot.  Many others must have too, as the turnout was not nearly what was expected.

YW Sunny.  I posted the article here in musings also in case some posters aren't aware of the flu thread  Mere and other posters have been working to keep up to date.   an angelic monkey

Link to flu thread:

H1N1 - Swine Flu - Novel Flu - information:  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4942.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.