April 19, 2024, 12:35:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Petey goes for his puppy booster shots tomorrow.  He weighed 3.07lbs 3 weeks ago.  How much does he weigh now?  (Voting closed: January 22, 2010, 10:13:08 PM)
More than 4 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
More than 5 pounds - 7 (30.4%)
More than 6 pounds - 8 (34.8%)
More than 7 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
Who cares? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #53 11/24/09 - 1/21/10  (Read 500267 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #840 on: December 20, 2009, 10:53:03 AM »

We got our first accumulation of snow last night.  And the weatherman is predicting we might have a white Christmas   This Texas (now Missouri) gal is sooooooooo excited!!

We got lots of snow here in Maryland yesterday.     

I hope you get your white Christmas!           

Hi Sassy...I saw pictures of the snow storm...how much did you get? I like a LITTLE snow not what I saw in the pictures on the news!!   

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: December 20, 2009, 10:55:10 AM »

Thank you Everyone!!   
The orange slice cake is a heavy cake similar to a fruitcake but without all the raisins and candied citron & stuff. It has dates, pecans, coconut & chopped orange slices(the candy ones that have sugar on them that are shaped like orange sections) I swear it is soooo good! If anyone wants to try it let me know & I'll post the recipe. I made 2 batches of pralines last night OMG they're so good!! BBL 

Monken, it sounds delicious...I am going to leave the cake baking to you.......... but I am sure someone will want that recipe....perhaps you could post it in the recipes thread?

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #842 on: December 20, 2009, 10:57:48 AM »

CBB, I hope you're feeling better,  an angelic monkey 

For everyone: I wanted to suggest this because I know it works!!
Esp. this time of year everyone gets exposed to all kinds of bugs. For a long time now I have been using Airborne(or the Walmart equivalent). They are fizzy tabs you drop in a little water, orange or lemon-lime, loaded with zinc & other goodies & it boosts your immune system and IT WORKS, I promise you!!!!!! Now my husband takes one a day too! At the first sign of a cold if you'll load up on them," read the instructions," it will knock it back or out!! This stuff has kept me from getting sick I can't tell you how many times!!! I drink 1 or 2 a day & if I feel I'm catching something I'll drink 3 or 4 & in a day it's gone! I love this stuff!! Anyways, i wanted everyone to tyr it if you want!! Zicam is also similar & works the same!! Love you!!       

Monken thanks for the tip....also let me add...wash your hands frequently!!  We were shopping last night and then stopped for dinner....after pushing that cart I couldn't wait to wash my hands....

CBB....get well....we miss you!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #843 on: December 20, 2009, 10:59:36 AM »

We are going to tackle Sam's today then I have to get serious about getting some of these things wrapped. Tonight is Survivor finals..yeehaw. If that darn Russell wins I am going to be soooooo disappointed!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #844 on: December 20, 2009, 05:06:19 PM »

We are going to tackle Sam's today then I have to get serious about getting some of these things wrapped. Tonight is Survivor finals..yeehaw. If that darn Russell wins I am going to be soooooo disappointed!!

Me, too....he's been flappy his mouth the whole season....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: December 20, 2009, 10:14:36 PM »

Done with all my shopping/shipping and wrapping including the stocking stuffers which I also wrap.  Tomorrow evening we go pick up our new puppy    The traffic coming home is going to suck    Either tomorrow night or Tuesday I'll try and take some short video of the little guy 

My husband has placed a request for fudge, so I guess I'm making fudge tomorrow 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #846 on: December 20, 2009, 10:33:48 PM »

Done with all my shopping/shipping and wrapping including the stocking stuffers which I also wrap.  Tomorrow evening we go pick up our new puppy    The traffic coming home is going to suck    Either tomorrow night or Tuesday I'll try and take some short video of the little guy 

Fudge and a new puppy     You'll do fine in traffic, Klaas   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: December 20, 2009, 11:16:24 PM »

Hey there Sunny!  I hope you and the others that are posting such scrumptious recipes in musings are also posting them in our food/recipe forum so we can find them again.  The fudge recipe looks so GOOD!!!

Hi Miz Bee...I didn't post them in the recipe thread but will. That is absolutely the best fudge in the world!  I promise. It is off the back of the Hershey's cocoa tin from wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy back!!! I can resist almost anyting except that fudge an angelic monkey

Thanks Sunny!  I hope you get time to post  them in the recipe thread so we can locate them later.  Some posters don't come to musings, and they might miss out on those wonderful recipes.  Besides, fudge isn't only for Christmas, is it?   

I caught that McBee chomping again!

All Sunny's fudge has disappeared.

Does anyone think the two may be related?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #848 on: December 20, 2009, 11:17:28 PM »

You have been busy.  How exciting to be getting your new puppy
I miss a lot of things in Calif.  but the traffic isn't one of them Be safe. Can't wait to see him after you get him home.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #849 on: December 20, 2009, 11:20:47 PM »

Hey Miss Bearly

How you doing? Are you all ready for Christmas? Did you get snow from the storm that seems to have gotten so many of the monkeys.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #850 on: December 20, 2009, 11:21:40 PM »

Desi and Darla...thank both of your for your responses to that post. I refuse to even acknowledge, much less defend myself from the rantings of a person like that.  People will just have to believe what they want to or what they see/read with their eyes. I wish I had the power I was accused of having....LOL...but alas I d not.

I will say this and this is the last I will say on the subject...I have NEVER seen any poster in my 5 years with SM,  address Klaas in the way both CC and Fanny Mae have in the past week.  She deserves so much more than that.  She and our MODS DONATE their time and energy to SM so we have a place to come to, be a voice for those victims who no longer have a voice. Their voices have forever been ripped from them.

Along with that they have graciously given us a means to be social with one another.....but let us not forget SM is not a social networking site, it's a site for Victims of Crime.  That's why I am here and will stay as long as SM allows me to. And until there are no more victims or I can nor longer see to read the forums.

Then I hope your computer's voice will read it to you.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #851 on: December 20, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »

Hey there Sunny!  I hope you and the others that are posting such scrumptious recipes in musings are also posting them in our food/recipe forum so we can find them again.  The fudge recipe looks so GOOD!!!

Mis Bee, I started a new thread in the recipes forum for holiday recipes!!  Girl, that fudge will make ya slap your granny!!!

McBee munching and slapping.  Has the whole place gone mad?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #852 on: December 20, 2009, 11:30:23 PM »

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. I hate conflict, but had bit my tongue as long as I could. I am having a bad day with pain and that post of hers was my last straw.

Darla, I am sorry to read you are having a bad day with pain....I hope you get relief quickly

Thank you Sunny, I live in pain daily, but today has been really bad The nerves are so irritated from being pinched that just my clothes brushing across the skin sends pain all over.The cold wet weather just puts me in extra misery. I have 2 ruptured disk and can't get anything done for another month. They put me on Plavix after my MI in August and I can't come off of it for another month long enough to have surgery . My spine is just in a mess and this will be my seventh back and neck surgery. Every time they fix one rupture another goes bad. So please keep me in your prayers that I can make it another month.

I am praying for you............hard!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: December 20, 2009, 11:35:21 PM »

Quiet Monkey....I have the utmost respect for you and have always enjoyed your post. Especially all of the cute little smileys. I hate that you got caught in the middle of the mess with me and Fanny. Your post is not what upset me that day but the post after yours that Fanny said "she thinks she is". I really do not watch SNL, I always thought it was stupid and not really all that funny. I hope that we can remain as friends. I really like you and I don't expect you to turn on your friend if that is the way you feel. Can we just be here for the children?
Darla, thank you. I was sure we were both ok with each other. But I got even more upset that day when ANJ (who I always had liked also) came with her post about Fanny, and mentioned about her "gang". I felt that was so wrong and uncalled for. It wasn't till several days later that I went back and saw ANJ got banned. I was not happy to see that either (or CC & now Fanny). It just seems like so many Monkeys keep biting the dust. I'm definitely glad I'm not a mod, because I probably wouldn't be a good one. These are boards for missing children/adults but I recognize that people do get to "know each other" in the process. When that happens, it becomes sort of like a family, in a way. When you have families (or friends), you have personalities come into play. Sometimes they clash, sometimes they misunderstand, and sometimes things get "personal" and feelings get hurt. I think it's just unavoidable really, and I'm sure it happens on every message board out there. There are two sides to every story too and no one could argue that, I think? I'm just not sure what else I could say. I did like Fanny, and other Monkeys that have been banned (no, not Dolce) even though I've never met any of them personally.

Hi QM!   

I think you have to change your name.   

There are at least three sides to every story, one side, the other side, and the true story.  If there is a bystander or two, there will be even more sides.  Just sayin'.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #854 on: December 20, 2009, 11:38:20 PM »

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. I hate conflict, but had bit my tongue as long as I could. I am having a bad day with pain and that post of hers was my last straw.

Darla, I am sorry to read you are having a bad day with pain....I hope you get relief quickly

Thank you Sunny, I live in pain daily, but today has been really bad The nerves are so irritated from being pinched that just my clothes brushing across the skin sends pain all over.The cold wet weather just puts me in extra misery. I have 2 ruptured disk and can't get anything done for another month. They put me on Plavix after my MI in August and I can't come off of it for another month long enough to have surgery . My spine is just in a mess and this will be my seventh back and neck surgery. Every time they fix one rupture another goes bad. So please keep me in your prayers that I can make it another month.

Darla....I know what back pain is about... fell 6 feet off a ladder and fractured 4 verts 4 yrs. ago and was in a back brace for nearly a year. I can't imagine have one after another rupture....  Oh goodness...you have to wait a month?  Bless your heart.....you just went to the top of my prayer list with Tevye and a few others. 

Good gravy, girl!

Good thing you have that hard head to land on!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #855 on: December 20, 2009, 11:41:18 PM »

All the recipes for the other day are in the cooking thread and start here

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1203.msg1034332#msg1034332

No Rose - I hope you saw the change to the saltine recipe to 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter. 

I have a whole NRose folder!!!

I hope Muffy didn't hear that.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: December 20, 2009, 11:46:03 PM »

Hey Miss Bearly

How you doing? Are you all ready for Christmas? Did you get snow from the storm that seems to have gotten so many of the monkeys.

Hi GE!

We got snow, but it was only about a foot.  School is delayed for 2 hours tomorrow.  I was really surprised at that.

Christmas isn't for another several days yet, it is no where near time to be ready.

Are you ready?  The kids?   

I was reading Sunny's fudge recipe and was thinking of you.  Did you see her instructions on the spoon and not the metal whisk or the fudge would not turn out.  Maybe that was the problem for the heavenly hash.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #857 on: December 20, 2009, 11:51:54 PM »

Bump for GE

Christmas tradition #2 in our family

we MUST make this old fashioned fudge

<snip>

In large heavy saucepan stir together first three ingredients; stir in milk, with a wooden spoon*.

<snip>

*it is very important not to use a wire whisk or the fudge will not set up. Also just stir gently, even though the cocoa will stay floating on top, it will mix in as the mixture heats up.

Hope this helps you, GE!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #858 on: December 20, 2009, 11:54:48 PM »

Northern, if I pay your flight & board will you come down and cook all these yummies for Bubba & Me?

Just call me Bubba!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: December 21, 2009, 12:05:57 AM »

Hola! How's everybody? 

Finger Food? AHHHHHHHHH!! I have an EASY, EASY, EASY one that tastes great! 

SAUSAGE PINWHEELS
1 pound sausage
1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

That's it! Lay out a piece of wax paper. Open roll dough and leave in the rectangle shape on wax paper. Sort of pinch together the perforations. Spread uncooked sausage ( with fingers ) on the dough. Roll up like a jelly roll (From the long edge of the rectangle. You end up with a longer thinner roll, not a short fat one.)

You can slice it right then and bake slices in 350* oven until sausage is cooked , but I usually wrap in wax paper and freeze a little for ease of slicing. If I'm freezing for a later day, I finish with a wrap of aluminum foil. Either way, slice thawed roll approx 1/2 in thick, and bake @ 350* approx 15 minutes or until sausage is cooked.

Hmmmmm don't I look pretty??

Yes, Boo, I have often admired your balls!

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.