March 28, 2024, 05:02:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Petey goes for his puppy booster shots tomorrow.  He weighed 3.07lbs 3 weeks ago.  How much does he weigh now?  (Voting closed: January 22, 2010, 10:13:08 PM)
More than 4 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
More than 5 pounds - 7 (30.4%)
More than 6 pounds - 8 (34.8%)
More than 7 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
Who cares? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #53 11/24/09 - 1/21/10  (Read 499511 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1740 on: January 12, 2010, 06:11:37 PM »

Petey update:

1.  Petey has been having fun with stepson and DIL's little ShiPoo but it's been hard to capture a picture of them as they (all 3 dogs) are all over the place when they are all in the same room.

2.  Last night I let Petey stay out in the living room with our other dog to see how he'd do.  He did great!  Went outside to do his "business" through the doggie door.  Petey is so smart.

The photo below is the calm before the storm.  Stepson, DIL and their little puppy Coco will return this evening and the games will begin! 

Petey   

Coco   

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1741 on: January 12, 2010, 06:16:19 PM »

Petey update:

1.  Petey has been having fun with stepson and DIL's little ShiPoo but it's been hard to capture a picture of them as they (all 3 dogs) are all over the place when they are all in the same room.

2.  Last night I let Petey stay out in the living room with our other dog to see how he'd do.  He did great!  Went outside to do his "business" through the doggie door.  Petey is so smart.

The photo below is the calm before the storm.  Stepson, DIL and their little puppy Coco will return this evening and the games will begin! 

Petey   

Coco   

I just love it.  Klaas, did you go through the same things with your older dog when it was little?  This little dog is a Hoot.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1742 on: January 12, 2010, 06:20:13 PM »

Hi BlueMoon - of the 3 Jack Russell Terrier's we've had, Petey is by far the funniest.  Our first that we had for almost 14 years (just past away) was perfect, smart, kind and gentle.  Our 2nd who is now almost 12 it a bit of a B**** and always has been one however, she has been doing a good job with Petey.

Petey is just too cute and too smart for his own good, lol. 

P.S.  We really can't wait for him to lose his baby teeth though.  Monkey Devil!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1743 on: January 12, 2010, 06:31:16 PM »

When the voting was going on about his name, not too many of us liked the name Petey....but now I think it is perfect.

He is just the cutest pup.  I find myself looking to see if there are new pictures or
any "petey news" posts.

CBB put up a screeching cat and I still can't find my Annie....she may be under a bed
somewhere....lol.

Have you thought of Petey on UTube....?

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1744 on: January 12, 2010, 06:37:41 PM »

Hi BlueMoon - of the 3 Jack Russell Terrier's we've had, Petey is by far the funniest.  Our first that we had for almost 14 years (just past away) was perfect, smart, kind and gentle.  Our 2nd who is now almost 12 it a bit of a B**** and always has been one however, she has been doing a good job with Petey.

Petey is just too cute and too smart for his own good, lol. 

P.S.  We really can't wait for him to lose his baby teeth though.  Monkey Devil!

After a long, hard day at work I enjoy coming here and seeing what he is up to today  (much better than looking at that picture you posted in Natalee's thread of Julie----that sure did not make my day).

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1745 on: January 12, 2010, 06:58:11 PM »

When the voting was going on about his name, not too many of us liked the name Petey....but now I think it is perfect.

He is just the cutest pup.  I find myself looking to see if there are new pictures or
any "petey news" posts.

CBB put up a screeching cat and I still can't find my Annie....she may be under a bed
somewhere....lol.

Have you thought of Petey on UTube....?

I should try and get a video of all 3 while Coco is still here, it's pretty comical.  I could put that on Youtube.   I saw CBB's cat but had my sound turned off (thankfully), lol.

I'll try and get more pictures of Petey when he wakes up later.  Right now he's resting.  It's been a bit harder with company.

BlueMoon - Renfro is a hag.  She looks like a transvestite in that picture, IMO  She has the hands of a lumberjack.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1746 on: January 12, 2010, 07:02:33 PM »

Just heard there was a big quake in Haiti

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1747 on: January 12, 2010, 07:13:53 PM »

Klaas,thanks for the Petey update.   

Mere,the Haiti situation is terrible.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1748 on: January 12, 2010, 07:13:59 PM »

Yes, happened a couple hours ago 7.0 or 7.3 depending upon which report you read.  A hospital has collapsed.  It's pretty bad.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1749 on: January 12, 2010, 07:16:22 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,582877,00.html

Many Casualties Expected in Haiti Earthquake

Tuesday , January 12, 2010

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti —
The largest earthquake ever recorded in the area shook Haiti on Tuesday, collapsing a hospital where people screamed for help. Other buildings also were damaged and scientists said they expected "substantial damage and casualties."

With communications disrupted there were no reports of deaths or injuries soon after the quake, as powerful aftershocks shook the country.

The earthquake had a preliminary magnitude of 7.0 and was centered about 10 miles west of the capital of Port-au-Prince, the U.S. Geological Survey said. It had a depth of 5 miles. It was the largest quake recorded in the area, said USGS analyst Dale Grant, and the last major one since a magnitude-6.7 temblor in 1984.

An Associated Press videographer saw the wrecked hospital in Petionville, a hillside Port-au-Prince district that is home to many diplomats and wealthy Haitians. Elsewhere, a U.S. government official reported seeing houses that had tumbled into a ravine.

Haiti's ambassador to the U.S., Raymond Joseph, said from his Washington office that he spoke to President Rene Preval's chief of staff, Fritz Longchamp, just after the quake hit. He said Longchamp told him that "buildings were crumbling right and left" near the national palace. He said he has not gotten through by phone to Haiti since.

President Barack Obama says his thoughts and prayers — and, possibly, U.S. aid — go to the people of Haiti.

Obama said Tuesday in a statement that the United States is watching the situation is ready to assist Haitians.

White House officials say Obama was told of the earthquake at 5:52 p.m and he asked aides to make sure U.S. personnel at the embassy in Port-au-Prince were safe. Officials also say Obama told them to start preparing in case humanitarian assistance is needed.

Don Blakeman, an analyst at the USGS in Golden, Colorado, said such a strong quake carried the potential for widespread damage.

"I think we are going to see substantial damage and casualties," he said.

The quake was felt in the Dominican Republic, which shares a border with Haiti on the island of Hispaniola. Some panicked residents in the capital of Santo Domingo fled from their shaking homes.

In eastern Cuba, houses shook but no major damage was immediately reported.

"We felt it very strongly and I would say for a long time. We had time to evacuate," said Monsignor Dionisio Garcia, archbishop of Santiago.

In Haiti, the extent of the damage was unclear.

"Everybody is just totally, totally freaked out and shaken," said Henry Bahn, a U.S. Department of Agriculture official visiting Haiti. "The sky is just gray with dust."

Bahn said he was walking to his hotel room when the ground began to shake.

"I just held on and bounced across the wall," he said. "I just hear a tremendous amount of noise and shouting and screaming in the distance."

Bahn said there were rocks strewn about and he saw a ravine where several homes had stood: "It's just full of collapsed walls and rubble and barbed wire."

The U.S. National Weather Service issued a tsunami watch for Haiti, the Dominican Republic and the Bahamas, but said historically the region has seen few destructive tsunamis.

In Washington, State Department spokesman Gordon Duguid said U.S. officials were holding emergency meetings.

"We need to gather what information we can quickly. We will of course assist in any way we can," he said.

Felix Augustin, Haiti's consul general in New York, said he was concerned about everyone in Haiti, including his relatives.

"Communication is absolutely impossible," he said. "I've been trying to call my ministry and I cannot get through. ... It's mind-boggling."
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1750 on: January 12, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »

Yes, happened a couple hours ago 7.0 or 7.3 depending upon which report you read.  A hospital has collapsed.  It's pretty bad.

Klaas and Trimm....thank you.

I turned the TV off this afternoon and missed the initial reports.

This sounds pretty awful.  I understand that many of the homes are made of concrete
and simply cracked and collapsed.

The building codes are not the same as they are here.  And I wonder if there is any
search and rescue there.

They need help and prayers...!

Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1751 on: January 12, 2010, 07:56:08 PM »

not sure if I can start a thread so I will leave this here to be found.

Missing 2 month old Dezmond Ortez Amber alert

http://www.amberalert.com/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1752 on: January 12, 2010, 08:00:53 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show at 9pm ET:

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW...

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:49:42 PM by klaasend » Logged
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1753 on: January 12, 2010, 08:18:38 PM »

not sure if I can start a thread so I will leave this here to be found.

Missing 2 month old Dezmond Ortez Amber alert

http://www.amberalert.com/

Hi...I started it but am not able to transfer his picture.  His mom is only 15.
I'll take your amber alert link over to the missing persons section.
Thanks.

Edit:  Here is the link at Scared Monkeys for Dezmond Ortez's thread MtnMom suggested and Mere started in Missing Persons:
MB

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6917.0
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 10:43:29 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1754 on: January 12, 2010, 09:07:59 PM »

My son's going to have pretty serious knee surgery this month and my ex will be coming in for it. I'd love that cat to greet him at the door!   

Here, kitty, kitty!   

Prayers for your son's surgery to come out well......and LOL to cat meeting ex!!

hope son's surgery goes well!
so, will your ex be staying in your guest room? lol...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1755 on: January 12, 2010, 09:47:36 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show at 9pm ET:

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW...

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u

ROBIN SAX

http://robinsax.com/

JUSTICE INTERRUPTED

http://www.justiceinterrupted.com/
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1756 on: January 12, 2010, 11:36:21 PM »

Monken, Im so glad to hear that Haley is so much better.....God Bless Him;

CBB...I will be praying that your sons Kneww surgery comes out just fine and he recovers rapidly..

Klass, I love the pics of petey, and I love his name too, your right....it seems to fit him..

Bearly, My son just texted me that he is safe and sound at the hotel in Oklahoma City Ok.......they will continue on to King Fisher in the morning which is where his puppy is....which , by the way he insists on calling him Jake, why I dont know, me and Maria both are hoping he will name him something else when he finally meets him.......I cant wait until they get back with him and I can post some pics of him.....the ones we have already seen through e-mails show a handsome little fella, I hope he travels well on their way back with him!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1757 on: January 13, 2010, 02:16:12 AM »

Monken, Im so glad to hear that Haley is so much better.....God Bless Him;

CBB...I will be praying that your sons Kneww surgery comes out just fine and he recovers rapidly..

Klass, I love the pics of petey, and I love his name too, your right....it seems to fit him..

Bearly, My son just texted me that he is safe and sound at the hotel in Oklahoma City Ok.......they will continue on to King Fisher in the morning which is where his puppy is....which , by the way he insists on calling him Jake, why I dont know, me and Maria both are hoping he will name him something else when he finally meets him.......I cant wait until they get back with him and I can post some pics of him.....the ones we have already seen through e-mails show a handsome little fella, I hope he travels well on their way back with him!

Petey is already taken.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1758 on: January 13, 2010, 03:20:15 AM »

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1759 on: January 13, 2010, 08:16:10 AM »

Good Morning Bearly.   
I wonder what Petey is up to?   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.