April 30, 2024, 08:49:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #556 12/8 - 12/9/2006  (Read 110396 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #280 on: December 09, 2006, 08:03:29 AM »

hits and the firewall finding them..

In ref. to the Monkey who asked if our firewalls were getting more hits than usual.

I have never tracked the hits my firewall receives when on SM. but I have looked/followed the hit log when on eBay last year, where I'd get more than the usual hits, especially on weekends and Holiday weekends.

I did two individual  minutes of testing while here and here is the info:
ISP numbers that came in
e2.e3.5446.static.theplanet.com
a72-246-48-27.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com
dialup-4.232.228.171.dial1.losangeles1.level3.net
One minute was 294 hits to the firewall      Another minute was 601 hits
e2.e3.5446.static.theplanet.com and akamai had the most hits.

Sometimes my log will say the ISP or company the hits are coming from; then sometimes it says "unknown"

so I then researched using the ISP # ex. 70.84.227.226 and e2.e3.5446.static.theplanet.com at http://ws.arin.net/whois where you can trace all IP #s

I found out that 70.84.227.226 and e2.e3.5446.static.theplanet.com  are from "theplanet.com" ISP out of Dallas, TX. Knowing the ISP number and the name of the provider attached to it, doesn't mean that I or they would know who is sending it. To achieve that you'd have to complain to them. http://ws.arin.net/whois usually provided an address, owner and an email for abuse.

I am concerned about the one that says static... for a to get a static site you have to pay more for a static site is used by businesses, those into playing games online and gambling.

Since a few hundred hits came from them in those 2 minutes I will email them via the abuse email and giving the times, and then what site I was own (Scared Monkeys) for they might have someone using their ISP Internet Network for ill gain.
      abuse@theplanet.com  IPS service out of Dallas, TX.  Plus I think it is an Darnn  thing someone is attempting to find out/ or get into my computer.. if the computer is live at this end.

These hits usually,  have nothing to do with being on the SM site when they come in. Happens at all sites. Of course, the world isn't perfect so many one could wish ill things to Monkeys, but that is why we have firewalls and watch out for each other/

I feel extra safe here for Red, Tom require us to be members and our posts are monitored.. so I feel safer when I am logged on. But you can gets hits anywhere... it's just the way the Internet is.

"dialup-4.232.228.171.dial1.losangeles1.level3.net" I already know that level3.net is a huge Internet Provider out of Colo. and provides the Internet portals for some of Earthlink,  universities,  and govt. sites, et al from their press releases.

I knew this for about a week ago my Earthlink went down (first time in 12 yrs) and the cust. rep told me all level 3's were down. I had no idea what a lever3 was, so found out.

I needed to go online immediately so figured I'd see if an Earthlink # in Indiana was up and running. It was, for that particular tele. # access didn't use a level3 portal to get into the Internet. (it was long distance so an expensive 10 minutes online)

"dialup-4.232.228.171.dial1.losangeles1.level3.net" is interesting to me in another way for that is how I am coming online now.. at least the location but many use Earthlink same ISP # portal. I don't think I could ping myself or try to hack into myself. Help Metro?

I am getting the most hits on the firewall from  akamaitechnologies.com
http://ws.arin.net/whois tells me they are from"
Akamai Technologies
OrgID:      AKAMAI
RNOCHandle: NF81-ARIN
RNOCName:   Freedman, Noam
RNOCPhone:  +1-617-938-3130
RNOCEmail:  noam+arin@akamai.com  
There is no abuse email address listed but from the info above I know I can use the email given to get to Mr. Freedman.

These hundreds of hits concern me as I believe AKAMAI is a info mining company that helps generate revenue among sites.

I know I have a lot of cookies from them when I visit sites. Their link (for lack of a better term) comes in when I go onto SM.

That kind is OK.... for that is the way I know that companies like Akamai keep track of say for example: when we link from the SM page to amazon.com..... each time we use an advertizing link from SM pages SM gets revenue to help SM stay in business.

But when the Akamai company is sending hits out randomly see if it can find a live computer at the other end,  then this isn't right. It has nothing to do with the particular site I am on. It's Akamai out there, so I will write them and ask why.

If I don't like their response, then there's always the FCC site and FBI site to complain to about online invasions.

Monkeys... always have a firerwall working, one for your dail-up, cable et al and another if you use wi-fi. The Macs with OS X vs. from about OS 10.3++ have them build it , but you have to activate it, I think. I know mine is on, but I don't know if it came that way or an Apple rep. did it when I got my new hard disk a few weeks ago and he told me it was on.

Now my backup external Hard Disk drive has gone down. UGH and it was only 3 mos. old.

PS....It's also a good idea to clean out your browser's cache files (look under preferences) and clear out all cookies that you don't want ie: keep the ones your recognize like sites where your passwords are stored online where you shop. I do this cleaning after each session on line and sometimes when online if I don't what the next site I go to, if they have cookies, I don't what them to know where I have been.     Guess I just don't like nosey people.

But I love the Monkeys!

This has taken me an hour to write/ research. Hope I haven't bored you this morning.

IBE   (sleepless again)

IN last minute ... 300+ hits from akamai and theplanet.com again in last minute; that static IP# at theplanet.com is very active as hits

PS http://www.hotpot.com and http://www.dogpile.com I used instead of google for searches. Those sites sometime pick up ref. that google doesn't.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #281 on: December 09, 2006, 08:12:05 AM »

Tom or Red

Your Front Page used to show the error Apache server down or something like that

It is now showing logged on the "another WordPress blog site,Thought you'd like to know.

IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: December 09, 2006, 08:14:27 AM »

06/30/06
Permalink 08:42:31, Categories: Celebrity News  
Johnny Depp's Teeth Troubles Are Nothing New

Johnny DeppJohnny Depp's gold teeth have been a constant pain for the movie star - he once found a dentist's drill bit buried in his gums. The actor donned the gold teeth for his role as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl and has put them back in for the sequels.

And, though he worries about having the fixtures extracted later this year, he insists the pain will be nothing compared to his past teeth troubles.

He explains, "I've had many problems over the years with my teeth; several root canals. Once they found an eight-millimeter tip of the drill bit in one of the canals. That was horrible. That was a six-hour ordeal. The process of taking the gold teeth off can be ugly too. Sometimes it just goes `ding' and it shoots off, and other times you got to really address the issue a little more intensely."

Check out Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

(This news article provided by World Entertainment News Network)

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #283 on: December 09, 2006, 08:36:40 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Way back in the beginning, at RWV we were looking for the company that poured the concrete.  I thought I remembered that we actually found it at one time.

Does anyone else remember anything like that?  I even thought there was an invoice but can't remember. Embarassed

I wonder if VMS has anything on that concrete.  They had to be pretty darned sure no one was going to be doing anything on their property to have poured concrete while under suspicion of murder.

I do remember that, Anna, but I do not recall the name.  Do you think Granny Toad is right about the concrete being poured early June?  I do not. I think it was later, perhaps July or August.  Maybe I am the forgetful granny here, but I think it was more like July or August.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #284 on: December 09, 2006, 08:36:45 AM »

Um, anyone know what happened to the front pages?

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #285 on: December 09, 2006, 08:38:04 AM »

Never mind...

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #286 on: December 09, 2006, 08:39:21 AM »

O/T

Tyler,
I am not a wine drinker but thought with all the reports on how good it is for ones health I would make an attempt.  Son and new DIL brought me some from Montecello, label says Jeffersons Own.  I sort of am cynical as they never brought me wine before and wonder if they bought it and don't like it themselves.   Embarassed

Yes, I feel sort of mean thinking that but you know how these kids can be!  Anyway, am opening a bottle to try it as am sneezing like anything and not over last respiratory infection good yet, bummer.

Will report back on it but wondered if you had ever had any of it.

It is probably a relatively good wine, Anna.  I get frequent mailing from the Monticello site. They are probably going the way of Biltmore who has a winery, one of their main draws.  I think it is a trendy right now for all the historical "castles" to have wine cellars or at least a reasonable facsimile.

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #287 on: December 09, 2006, 08:44:26 AM »

I didn't see any translations but did pick up this article in the Globe from The Dark Side:

Natalee - Buried UNDER CEMENT!

Quote:
...Joe Tacopina says...claims about the secret meeting are "a flat-out lie."

He also denied that Natalee could be buried on the van der Sloot property and that cement was poured....

Lots of other new tidbits to think about.

So Taco is denying that new cement was even poured?  I think if new cement was poured, it is a pretty easy thing to prove.  Didnt they prove Scott Peterson poured new concrete in his driveway?  I doubt Sloot poured it himself, so he probably paid someone, should be some record of that - tie that in with trips to the bank and late night ATM withdraws.  Someone might have seen a cement truck in the compound.

Also, if new concrete truely WAS poured, and Natalee was NOT buried under it, why would you deny it was poured?  There would be no reason to lie about it.  Why call you judge buddy and tell him to get over to your house so he can restrict the search warrent to Jorans room?  Afraid they might find a body?
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #288 on: December 09, 2006, 08:51:48 AM »

Leslie, I am interested in the Bon Dia article where the car appeared to have been burned on the inside and the outside was left intact.   It made me go HMMMMMM.  It might not be burned but it looks like it from what I am seeing.  Internal combustion ? ? ?  Shocked

Blah, I know that cement was poured there last summer but if memory serves it was about the time or just after that Red went to Aruba.  Perhaps if he is around, he will recall that timing.  I bet Tim remembers.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #289 on: December 09, 2006, 09:00:17 AM »

Check this out.  Another lie by the Bon Dia, Aruba Today publicity ho's.

OFFONATANGENT I think Paulus knew his corrupt buddies would never allow his well to be searched. Of course, he would bury her there and cement over it.
Posted by: punkingale | Wednesday, April 26, 2006 at 07:39 PM

To settle this once and for all. THE SEPTIC TANK WAS SEARCHED. we have pictures of the team in biohazard outfits going into the tank.
I get a copy and post them at FOB

Posted by: scubajap | Wednesday, April 26, 2006 at 10:25 PM

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: December 09, 2006, 09:05:29 AM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
What about Shango? Did he mention the cement? Laughing  Laughing

I once said something that San liked.

When you and your son are the prime suspects in a murder and disappearance investigation, who in their right mind would start pouring cement?

Is that not just the height of arrogance?  Most people would expect it to be dug right up as improper behavior in the first place.  That old appearance of wrong doing is just lost on these people, sort of like they are tone deaf in that regard and have no insight at all as to how they appear to others.

. Rolling Eyes

Beth hears neighbors monkey in background of phone call......

Beth "I know Natalee was here".....

Joran the liar says they went by the sloot house but didnt go in....

Croes and some kid see Deepaks car "inside the compound".....

Sloot takes a long time to come to gate when police and Twitty's show up, then lead them on a wild goose chase only to find 3 suspects at sloot compound.....

Sloot allegedly makes late night ATM withdraw.....

Sloot very concerned about making it to bank next day....

Paulus admits working in the garden.....

Search warrent was changed at the scene.....

Photo of a furniture truck in the driveway and appears might be delivering a new matress....

New cement is poured in the backyard.....

Now I ask WHY would this place still have never been searched?  I think even some dumbass automotive engineer with no law experience like myself could convince a judge to give me a warrant.  Why cant they go get a warrant, right now, right this friggen minute and get a search warrant?  What are they waiting for?  There is no reason they cannot do this.  Cant someone from Holland demand that friggen property be searched?
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #291 on: December 09, 2006, 09:08:14 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
[
Well, I just thought that BT considered that activity somewhat important in her life.

But given your stance of being "reasonable" and absolutely stubborn as a mule about Guido and Joran having their special relationship that is more than platonic by Guido's own words, it is odd you don't hold a similar position for Johnny Depp.

Unless you have personal knowledge concerning his toothbrushing habits, you are freely speculating where HE is concerned but think it is so bad to do so about the Sporter even with a sworn statement!!

That's just not right, Carnut.  That right there is just wrong, sorry.
 Laughing

Ah, I was just referring to a rumor about Johnnys tooth brushing, nothing about his sexual proclivities.

if y'all are talking about that pirates from the caribbean guy, he's queer as a 2 dollar bill.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #292 on: December 09, 2006, 09:09:38 AM »

Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
What about Shango? Did he mention the cement? Laughing  Laughing

I once said something that San liked.

When you and your son are the prime suspects in a murder and disappearance investigation, who in their right mind would start pouring cement?

Is that not just the height of arrogance?  Most people would expect it to be dug right up as improper behavior in the first place.  That old appearance of wrong doing is just lost on these people, sort of like they are tone deaf in that regard and have no insight at all as to how they appear to others.

. Rolling Eyes

Beth hears neighbors monkey in background of phone call......

Beth "I know Natalee was here".....

Joran the liar says they went by the sloot house but didnt go in....

Croes and some kid see Deepaks car "inside the compound".....

Sloot takes a long time to come to gate when police and Twitty's show up, then lead them on a wild goose chase only to find 3 suspects at sloot compound.....

Sloot allegedly makes late night ATM withdraw.....

Sloot very concerned about making it to bank next day....

Paulus admits working in the garden.....

Search warrent was changed at the scene.....

Photo of a furniture truck in the driveway and appears might be delivering a new matress....

New cement is poured in the backyard.....

Now I ask WHY would this place still have never been searched?  I think even some dumbass automotive engineer with no law experience like myself could convince a judge to give me a warrant.  Why cant they go get a warrant, right now, right this friggen minute and get a search warrant?  What are they waiting for?  There is no reason they cannot do this.  Cant someone from Holland demand that friggen property be searched?

If my memory serves me right, it was about the time that the cement was poured or just before that Tim from Equaasearch wanted to go in and search the place and he did search the neighbors but Paulus denied a search of his place and (I might be wrong about this, but seem to recall) that Paulus called ALE to Tim to prevent the search.  I am sure Red & Klaas will probaby recall more of this than I do, but I do believe it was about the time the cement was poured or just before that he denied the search.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #293 on: December 09, 2006, 09:11:44 AM »

Ah, I was just referring to a rumor about Johnnys tooth brushing, nothing about his sexual proclivities.

if y'all are talking about that pirates from the caribbean guy, he's queer as a 2 dollar bill.[/quote]

Aw, blah, he ain't. He's just metroish.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #294 on: December 09, 2006, 09:12:35 AM »

Hey Tyler here's a little compact you might like, only $185K or so.

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas....   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Frijole
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: December 09, 2006, 09:12:37 AM »

I am consistent, I don't believe Guido and JVDS had a sexual thing going and I don't think that was what Guido was referring to in whatever statement, that we haven't seen yet, was saying.

your "gaydar" must be broken or something.......
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #296 on: December 09, 2006, 09:14:56 AM »

Quote from: justinsmama

if y'all are talking about that pirates from the caribbean guy, he's queer as a 2 dollar bill.

Aw, blah, he ain't. He's just metroish.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #297 on: December 09, 2006, 09:15:37 AM »

Bean! Still no ciggies!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #298 on: December 09, 2006, 09:19:08 AM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
Bean! Still no ciggies!

Good girl!  You can do it.  A decent support site:  quit.net  
NOPE = Not One Puff Ever
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #299 on: December 09, 2006, 09:23:27 AM »

Monday, August 22, 2005
Van der Sloot Family Denies Hiring PI

Word came a week or two ago that the family of Joran Van der Sloot had engaged Chicago Private Investigator Ernie Rizzo. Rizzo said nothing to deny that report in a recent brief phone call and stated that he planned to travel to Aruba sometime around September 4.

Word passed along from the Van der Sloot family today states that Rizzo did approach the family to offer his services, however it was said he was not engaged. Additionally it was stated that the family plans no public statement to or through the media until Joran is released.

It's unclear whether any knowledge they may have of the investigation suggests that will be the outcome on September 4th - the date of the next hearing to end or extend his detention as a suspect in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

Tito Lacle stated that he met with Paulus Van der Sloot today at the offices of the Van der Sloot attorney. No public comment was offered and Lacle reported on Fox News that Paulus Van der Sloot appeared to be relaxed and was not "sweating."

This post is also available at Blogger News Network.

Monday, August 22, 2005 at 11:52 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink
TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/3047413

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Van der Sloot Family Denies Hiring PI:
Comments

well now, they might as well call off the search now that Paulus has stopped sweating. No body no case, and he's confident confident dry and secure, raise your hand (you got it) raise your hand (you got it) raise your hand if you use Sure!

Posted by: vincent | Tuesday, August 23, 2005 at 12:12 AM

Could it be that he was not hired by the VDS family but someone else hired him on their behalf. Gotta think through the smoke-and-mirrors.

Posted by: proudredneck | Tuesday, August 23, 2005 at 12:13 AM

ABSOLUTELY.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.