April 26, 2024, 03:25:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 7 1/27/10 - 4/6/11  (Read 325686 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2010, 01:46:13 PM »

Just curious if any of you saw this on DD's site

http://truecrimes.50.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=343&t=2074

Melissa Baum saying she saw Lindsey at 9:15 the
night Lindsey Baum went missing...Ron and Don show
August 28, 2009 3pm..30:33 interview starts with
Mbaum on the video

Host:
Melissa, when was the last time you saw your daughter
and do you remember what she was wearing the last
time that you saw her?

MB:
The last time I saw her was at um nine-fifteen
on that night, and that was actually, we found since
then that is the longest day of the year, it didn’t get dark
until after ten-thirty that night.
No I have not seen this, very interesting indeed 
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2010, 02:07:32 PM »

Hello monkeys...

What time do we say she was last seen on the time lines all the monkeys put together?

I'm confused...it was earlier then that wasn't it?
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2010, 03:41:26 PM »

DD thanks for the heads up. Sorry, as Lovin said been over on the amber threads for the past week. I hope this leads to finding little Lindsey. Please keep up updated!

Wow Kara's and tags and libby's, glad to hear of it!

I wonder, or can't remember if a througoh search was done of Kara's house before?  I don't recall Tag and Libby's house ever being searched. 

First Thank you Doubledecker for the encouraging news with photo. 

Hi AZ,  I think we learned LE have done over 40 searches at the Nelson's.  To me that makes yesterday's search almost remarkable, eh?   It makes one wonder what brought them back so many times.  I wonder if this search is just part of an organized sweep to redo everything?  xox

Hi Scandi... so much info in this case, sometimes hard to keep up and remember it correctly, but since I am the one who stated LE had been to Libby's over 40 times, I remember this correctly... The house was not SEARCHED  40 times, just that LE were there to talk to people over 40 times(is what I was told).  The new search with the CARD TEAM is the first time I have heard they actually SEARCHED Tag and Libby's house.  They also luminoled the house. 

They are searching a lot of houses.. so hard to say if they suspect something at Libby's or if her house is on the list to be searched because it was known Lindsey was there that day. 

They have been asking a lot of different people questions and they are getting new info that they had not known before or info that was ignored before this.  I do not believe they are going to ignore anything at all now. 

They also have all the info that was stated the first time around and now they can ask again and go back and compare what they were told.  I am sure the lies are going to start showing up.  Rick Scott stated they were not plowing any new ground... I know that is not true, they have new info and they are responding to that info.  I believe they will get to the bottom of this mess of a case.  They are "listening" whereas, at first a LOT of what LE was told was ignored.  Also since LE first heard info, it has been changing, and they have to be seeing all these lies.  And they have info we have never heard about.  Names are popping up we have never heard of... so I am confident they are on this case and not going to overlook anything.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2010, 03:50:13 PM »

DD, thank-you, that is all good to know.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2010, 07:37:13 PM »

http://**/articles/2010/03/10/local_news/doc4b97feb8c5672122969959.txt

Officials continue push for new leads

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:11 PM PST

Local and federal investigators plan to continue their push for new information into next week as they work on leads arising from recent interviews in the search for missing Lindsey Baum.

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said detectives and FBI agents have received huge amounts of information from McCleary residents as they work to create a “snapshot” of the rural town on the summer evening Lindsey disappeared.

“All of that’s helping us to more thoroughly investigate leads,” he said. “The focus of the case is much clearer.”

After a week of questioning residents, Scott said he hopes to keep extra officers from other regional departments around until next week to continue the recent drive for new evidence. He said deputies and FBI agents may conduct follow-up interviews beyond next week as information surfaces.

“It’s not like we’re going to just put the lid back on the box,” he said. “I don’t want to shut the stove off when we’ve got something cooking.”

Lindsey Baum went missing on June 26 while walking a short distance home from a friend’s house. Investigators have found no evidence in the past eight months to explain her disappearance.

Investigators are conducting their interviews based on recommendations from the FBI Child Abduction Rapid Deployment team, which recently reviewed the investigation and offered its expertise on the case. 

“It’s doing exactly what the CARD team said,” Scott said of the recent interviews. “These are the techniques that have proved successful in their other cases.”

Scott said the recent interviews, which can last hours, allow residents to elaborate on their earlier statements to officers and provide new details.

He said investigators have been “pleasantly surprised” with the amount of detail many residents have been able to provide.

All of those details help “paint a picture” of the town on June 26.

“It’s like when Mount St. Helens blew,” he said. “People remember where they were and what they were doing. ... This was an emotional event for them.”

Scott said detectives are also asking residents about their theories on the case or rumors floating around the community.

“Now they’ve had a chance to think about it,” he said, later adding, “Everybody’s had a chance to play armchair investigator here. ... Some of (the ideas) seem plausible.”

As details come in, Scott said he and others felt the interviews were developing into new leads similar to other child abduction cases that were solved. Scott said he hopes and prays they can make a breakthrough in locating Lindsey.

“We are definitely making progress,” he said.

Law enforcement officials are asking anyone who might have any information about the whereabouts of Lindsey Baum to come forward with tips. Tips can be made by phone at 1-866-915-8299 or via e-mail at soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us. A $20,000 reward is available for information leading to her.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2010, 07:48:11 PM »

Hello monkeys...

What time do we say she was last seen on the time lines all the monkeys put together?

Hello Canadianmonkey.  I think that the reason everyone is  regarding above statement by MB is because KK has always stated that she was the last one to see Lindsey approximately 9:15-9:30 pm when she left KK's house to head home.  If the "original" timeline is correct, Lindsey and her friends went to the video store approx 8:15pm then Lindsey went home to take a bath and change.  KK's daughter, Josh and Lindsey walked from the Baum residence to KK's house.  Very detailed timeline by Janet (Tomikosmom) here: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5703.0  So if MB is now saying that she saw Lindsey at 9:15, could lindsey have made it home?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2010, 08:07:27 PM »

Hello monkeys...

Hello Canadianmonkey.  I think that the reason everyone is  regarding above statement by MB is because KK has always stated that she was the last one to see Lindsey approximately 9:15-9:30 pm when she left KK's house to head home.  If the "original" timeline is correct, Lindsey and her friends went to the video store approx 8:15pm then Lindsey went home to take a bath and change.  KK's daughter, Josh and Lindsey walked from the Baum residence to KK's house.  Very detailed timeline by Janet (Tomikosmom) here: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5703.0  So if MB is now saying that she saw Lindsey at 9:15, could lindsey have made it home?
Excellent point, and something that I have been wondering from the beginning.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2010, 11:47:14 AM »

Just curious if any of you saw this on DD's site

http://truecrimes.50.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=343&t=2074

Melissa Baum saying she saw Lindsey at 9:15 the
night Lindsey Baum went missing...Ron and Don show
August 28, 2009 3pm..30:33 interview starts with
Mbaum on the video

Host:
Melissa, when was the last time you saw your daughter
and do you remember what she was wearing the last
time that you saw her?

MB:
The last time I saw her was at um nine-fifteen
on that night, and that was actually, we found since
then that is the longest day of the year, it didn’t get dark
until after ten-thirty that night.
No I have not seen this, very interesting indeed 

Although I have not wavered from my position that Lindsey's brother and/or mother should be a focus by investigators ... a focus in the process of elimination ... I believe that Melissa Baum meant to say 8:15 PM rather than 9:15 PM in her guest appearance on the Ron and Don Show.  8:15 PM is the approximate time that Lindsey and friend were at the Baum home prior to leaving for the Kampen residence with Josh in tow.

Janet

++++++++

Linda Cunningham

The Olympian – June 30, 2009

MCCLEARY – ... Linda Cunningham, owner of McCleary Video, said she remembers Lindsey coming into her store with a group of friends to rent movies around 8:15 Friday night. “They were all laughing and joking and having a good time.”

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/896613.html

Kara Kampen

KaraK
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #992 on: July 04, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »

Video store - Took place at 8:19 according to the video store records - so it happened before she went home to change. The video store is less than 1/2  block from where the girls were swimming and they went to the video store with the friends who they were swimming with.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg864342;topicseen#msg864342

Ron and Don Show
Friday August 28, 2009 - 3:00 pm

Melissa Baum - 7:59

Working Link:
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=9909&p=&n=

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2010, 12:01:08 PM »

In the past ... my position in regards to Josh Baum was upheld by some and not others.  That is OK.  The truth remains ellusive and ... speculation based on what is out there is where it is at.  Justice for Lindsey Baum implies that all avenues of suspicion should be explored.

Janet

++++++

I am not implying anything. what I just said was word for word exactly what I was told.  To tell you the truth I don't have the time to really think about all this because personally I am onto something else that has nothing whatsoever to do with Josh.  But if I can post something I have been told to help others, then I post it. 

I personally am not going to sit here and research josh baum.  I have to work on something else right now that I personally feel is something I need to do to help with something about this case. It involves something totally different, so sorry, I just don't have the time to discuss Josh Baum.  I personally believe he had nothing whatsoever to do with lindsey's disappearance and I am looking at something which I believe might very well have something to do with her and so I have to concentrate on that right now. 

Janet, I strongly agree with you on this.  If we cannot consider or discuss Josh, the only one fighting with Lindsey that last day, then we have no reason to be here.  The reasons given for not looking at him are not compelling to me.    A moment of uncontrolled rage and a little help with cleanup is all it would have required for Josh to be involved.   Feeling sorry for Josh is not the point here; finding Lindsey is.   

Chi-M

TIMELINES AND THEORIES
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5703.0

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2010, 12:15:34 PM »

Maybe I am wrong, but IMO this site is not about who sides with whom.  Bumping opinions that support or are different from our own reeks of ego-inflated I told you so.  Bad form, IMO.
It has been obvious to most researchers that the players in this case have lied, lied, and then lied again and their stories have changed over and over.  Everyone is delighted that CARD is starting from the beginning and they assuredly will uncover the truth, IMO.  The purpose is to find Lindsey -- but that's just my opinion.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2010, 12:16:50 PM »

Hi Janet, glad to see you in here again, I sure have my doubts on many things, and I keep going back to my original thoughts. You know sometimes you get a gut feeling, and it just doesn't go away 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2010, 12:39:37 PM »

Hi Janet, glad to see you in here again, I sure have my doubts on many things, and I keep going back to my original thoughts. You know sometimes you get a gut feeling, and it just doesn't go away 

I know what you mean No Rose.  However ... until the truth is revealed and ... justice prevails for Lindsey Baum ... ALL avenues of speculation is where it is at.

Have a good day.

Janet
9:40 AM PT

++++++

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2010, 12:47:41 PM »

I know what you mean No Rose.  However ... until the truth is revealed and ... justice prevails for Lindsey Baum ... ALL avenues of speculation is where it is at.

Have a good day.

Janet
9:40 AM PT

++++++

Thank-you, you have a good day also.  I'm really hoping now with this new investigation we will hear something soon  an angelic monkey
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2010, 01:57:56 PM »

NO SEARCH WARRANT?

When the argument that Lindsey had with her brother minutes prior to her disappearance is considered ... when the underlying family dynamics which were already known to CPS and LE are considered and ... when it is consider how close Lindsey was to home when observed by witness sighting … I cannot comprehend ... in the process of elimination ... why there was not an official search warrant immediately issued by LE and approved by a judge ... something akin to the September, 2009 searches.

If police activity that reflected the magnitude of the September, 2009 searches had taken place at the Baum residence/property ... I assume the media would have covered it accordingly.

In the majority of missing person cases … the family is the immediate focus and … from there the investigation branches out.

Could it be that the focus of the investigation has never been on Lindsey's mother and brother as persons of interest is because there were red flags from the past … red flags that LE and CPS did not want exposed ... red flags that LE and CPS disregarded ... red flags that should have been addressed ...

Janet

++++++

Search warrants issued in Lindsey Baum case
Sep 26, 2009 at 3:58 PM PST

MCCLEARY, Wash. - In what could be a big break in the case of a missing 11-year-old girl, authorities executed search warrants Friday at two locations to seek evidence in the mysterious disappearance of Lindsey Baum.

The searches, both in the McCleary area, cover so much ground that agents were brought in from the FBI, along with detectives in the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office and King County Sheriff's Office .....

More:
http://www.katu.com/news/61475637.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2010, 02:26:04 PM »

Unless it is revealed otherwise ... I will continue to ask myself the following questions regarding Lindsey Baum's disappearance:

1.  Following the witness sighting ... is it possible that an impulsive action by someone close to Lindsey unintentionally ... in the act of wrongdoing ... caused her death?

2.  Did Lindsey stop at the Shell Station to retrieve her bike and met with foul play?

3.  Did Lindsey make it home and it was there that something went terribly wrong?

4.  In a sincere attempt to protect a loved one  ... is it possible assistance to cover up was requested and provided?

5.  Considering there have been no arrests ... could there be underlying legal issues encompassing the questioning of an underage person of interest without any concrete evidence? 

Janet

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2010, 03:49:09 PM »

Questions are good.
Unfortunately, there is a great divide between what is known as "facts" and what somebody told somebody that told somebody, who then changed their story.
We do not know for a fact if Lindsey took a shower at home, we do not know for a fact if Lindsey wanted to spend the night at KKs house or if KKs daughter wanted to spend the night with Lindsey, we do not know for a fact when the bike was taken or retrieved from the filling station, we do not know for a fact what time Lindsey arrived at KKs house or if she ever did, we do not know for a fact if the "witnesses" saw her coming or going, we do not know for a fact where else she went that day or that night, we do not know for a fact where else the girls went swimming that day or what else they did, we do not know for a fact all who have or have not taken lie detector tests, we do not know for a fact if MB even saw Lindsey before she left home, we do not know for a fact who else what at Lindsey's house, we do not know for a fact who was at KKs house, we do not know for a fact what Lindsey was afraid of, we do not know for a fact what has happened to the monies donated . . . because based on what people say on a particular day, their "facts" change constantly.  Bottom line, all we know is Lindsey is missing and needs to be found.

Banana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2010, 12:36:43 AM »

Questions are good.
Unfortunately, there is a great divide between what is known as "facts" and what somebody told somebody that told somebody, who then changed their story.
We do not know for a fact if Lindsey took a shower at home, we do not know for a fact if Lindsey wanted to spend the night at KKs house or if KKs daughter wanted to spend the night with Lindsey, we do not know for a fact when the bike was taken or retrieved from the filling station, we do not know for a fact what time Lindsey arrived at KKs house or if she ever did, we do not know for a fact if the "witnesses" saw her coming or going, we do not know for a fact where else she went that day or that night, we do not know for a fact where else the girls went swimming that day or what else they did, we do not know for a fact all who have or have not taken lie detector tests, we do not know for a fact if MB even saw Lindsey before she left home, we do not know for a fact who else what at Lindsey's house, we do not know for a fact who was at KKs house, we do not know for a fact what Lindsey was afraid of, we do not know for a fact what has happened to the monies donated . . . because based on what people say on a particular day, their "facts" change constantly.  Bottom line, all we know is Lindsey is missing and needs to be found.

Amen !!  We have zero proof of what we have been told is 100% fact.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2010, 11:04:16 AM »

Local and federal investigators plan to continue their push for new information into next week as they work on leads arising from recent interviews in the search for missing Lindsey Baum.

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said detectives and FBI agents have received huge amounts of information from McCleary residents as they work to create a “snapshot” of the rural town on the summer evening Lindsey disappeared.

“All of that’s helping us to more thoroughly investigate leads,” he said. “The focus of the case is much clearer.”

After a week of questioning residents, Scott said he hopes to keep extra officers from other regional departments around until next week to continue the recent drive for new evidence. He said deputies and FBI agents may conduct follow-up interviews beyond next week as information surfaces.

“It’s not like we’re going to just put the lid back on the box,” he said. “I don’t want to shut the stove off when we’ve got something cooking.”

Lindsey Baum went missing on June 26 while walking a short distance home from a friend’s house. Investigators have found no evidence in the past eight months to explain her disappearance.

Investigators are conducting their interviews based on recommendations from the FBI Child Abduction Rapid Deployment team, which recently reviewed the investigation and offered its expertise on the case. 

“It’s doing exactly what the CARD team said,” Scott said of the recent interviews. “These are the techniques that have proved successful in their other cases.”

Scott said the recent interviews, which can last hours, allow residents to elaborate on their earlier statements to officers and provide new details.

He said investigators have been “pleasantly surprised” with the amount of detail many residents have been able to provide.

All of those details help “paint a picture” of the town on June 26.

“It’s like when Mount St. Helens blew,” he said. “People remember where they were and what they were doing. ... This was an emotional event for them.”

Scott said detectives are also asking residents about their theories on the case or rumors floating around the community.

“Now they’ve had a chance to think about it,” he said, later adding, “Everybody’s had a chance to play armchair investigator here. ... Some of (the ideas) seem plausible.”

As details come in, Scott said he and others felt the interviews were developing into new leads similar to other child abduction cases that were solved. Scott said he hopes and prays they can make a breakthrough in locating Lindsey.

“We are definitely making progress,” he said.

Law enforcement officials are asking anyone who might have any information about the whereabouts of Lindsey Baum to come forward with tips. Tips can be made by phone at 1-866-915-8299 or via e-mail at soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us. A $20,000 reward is available for information leading to her.

Were there any updates from Undersheriff Rick Scott regarding the outcome of this search which was deemed warranted eight months following the disappearance of Lindsey Baum?

Janet

_____

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2010, 01:17:23 PM »

(Snipped)

Were there any updates from Undersheriff Rick Scott regarding the outcome of this search which was deemed warranted eight months following the disappearance of Lindsey Baum?

Janet

I haven't heard anything.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2010, 01:20:57 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/lindsey-baum-missing-girl-fbi/story?id=10107104
Special FBI Team Joins Hunt for Missing Girl
High-Tech Tools Join Old-Fashioned Police Work in Search for Lindsey Baum, 11
By PIERRE THOMAS, LISA A. JONES and
TED GERSTEIN
March 16, 2010

The disappearance last summer of 10-year-old Lindsey Baum continues to haunt her family and her small hometown of McCleary, Wash., pop. 1,500. Now the FBI has stepped in, deploying an array of cutting edge law enforcement techniques in an effort to crack the mystery.

"To the person or persons who stole my daughter," reads an open letter Baum wrote to the kidnapper she imagines. "Please let my daughter go. She needs her family. I don't care who you are, I just want my Lindsay back safely."

Watch the full story tonight on "World News" and "Nightline" at 11:35 p.m. ET

Last month, ABC News accompanied local police and members of the FBI's Child Abduction Rapid Deployment (CARD) team as they worked on the case.

The task force questioned two-thirds of the town's residents. They also set up a massive command post with state-of-the-art equipment capable of tracking down leads around the country. An FBI computer database tracked leads as they came in and identified sex offenders who may have been in the area at the time of Lindsey's disappearance.

"Thousands of children go missing every year," said Kevin Perkins, assistant director of the FBI's criminal investigation division. "Many of them are runaways in family issues. But there's between 100 and 200 cases a year where it is a stranger abduction. These are very, very serious crimes that the FBI places a high priority on. There's no greater crisis in a community, and I can't imagine a greater crisis for either a parent or a community, then to have a child go missing."

The questions for the local police and FBI's CARD team: Was it an abduction? Or was it an accident? Where could Lindsay be now?

The model allowed the FBI to identify twelve new persons of interest in the case, inside and outside of McCleary, with at least two people of high interest.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.