April 26, 2024, 05:21:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 7 1/27/10 - 4/6/11  (Read 325658 times)
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2010, 04:05:31 AM »

I so appreciate your updates DD, thank-you 

Me too Rose!   Thanks DD for that.  I so appreciate your updates. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2010, 01:20:01 PM »

I hope this thread doesn't turn into trashing fest again. I think the rumors has hurt this investigation more then anything. 
Waitinginmccleary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #202 on: April 08, 2010, 01:37:26 PM »

I hope this thread doesn't turn into trashing fest again. I think the rumors has hurt this investigation more then anything. 
Your right, this should not turn into a trashing fest, but also remember that part of investigating a crime is talking about and bringing forth evidence.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion about this but I don't condone it going beyond words.  And as with any crime certain activities sometimes make you look guilty and there are those of us who pay attention to that.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2010, 01:49:27 PM »

Your right, this should not turn into a trashing fest, but also remember that part of investigating a crime is talking about and bringing forth evidence.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion about this but I don't condone it going beyond words.  And as with any crime certain activities sometimes make you look guilty and there are those of us who pay attention to that.

I think it is important to bring evidence. Sorry it is not that I don't be YOU, it is I don't believe anything that comes out of that town right now. Too many rumors for me.

You and everyone, including myself, are entitled to our opinions, that is more then true. However, we also have a responsibility to be careful in what we say so not to hurt investigative measures. If she is using funds for personal use, then get evidence of that. Telling the story is not evidence or proof of something.
Waitinginmccleary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #204 on: April 08, 2010, 06:52:56 PM »

I think it is important to bring evidence. Sorry it is not that I don't be YOU, it is I don't believe anything that comes out of that town right now. Too many rumors for me.

You and everyone, including myself, are entitled to our opinions, that is more then true. However, we also have a responsibility to be careful in what we say so not to hurt investigative measures. If she is using funds for personal use, then get evidence of that. Telling the story is not evidence or proof of something.

Well as soon as I can get the security camera video from Sam's market where she took the money from the jar for beer and cigarettes I will let you know. Smile  Question for you?  Do you live here in McCleary or know someone who does?  I can tell you that Lindsey's disappearance is a very emotional thing for everyone in this town and yes there have been some rumors go around but they don't all come out of McCleary.  I know that for a fact.  Also as far as I know, witness testimony is used every day in prosecuting crimes.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #205 on: April 08, 2010, 08:05:27 PM »

Well as soon as I can get the security camera video from Sam's market where she took the money from the jar for beer and cigarettes I will let you know. Smile  Question for you?  Do you live here in McCleary or know someone who does?  I can tell you that Lindsey's disappearance is a very emotional thing for everyone in this town and yes there have been some rumors go around but they don't all come out of McCleary.  I know that for a fact.  Also as far as I know, witness testimony is used every day in prosecuting crimes.
I don't doubt you that Lindsey's mom took money out of the jar for beer and cigarettes. I'm sure there are many, many rumors. I've been following Lindsey's case right from the start, and I know one thing, when I started reading a very sick feeling came over me. I've followed many, many missing people cases, and never got that feeling before. I'm not good at researching anything, but Lindsey's thread I always come and check for any info. I'm appreciative of any info, and my prayers are that soon Lindsey will be found. I can't say what I think about Lindsey's mom, my thoughts change all the time, I don't think she had anything to do with Lindsey's disappearance.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #206 on: April 08, 2010, 08:15:35 PM »

waiting-i believe what you are saying is true.  i cant imagine what must have been going through your head when you saw MB reach into that jar and use the money for cigarettes. it is sickening. you did nothing wrong by repeating what you saw..there have been a lot of conflicts so far with this case and some unethical things that have gone on with the search center which i think has sickened a lot of us on this board.  your account of what happened with mb taking the money from lb's jar is not suprising in the least based on other things that have been reported..
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2010, 09:29:28 PM »

Obviously you know I do not live in mc cleary. I don't have to live there to know that the rumor mill is alive and well there. I read about it all of the time. This one is arrested, that one said this, she did this or that then it is unproven.

In the beginning of this case the problem has been these rumors and some times flat out nastiness and lies. Unless I am reading something based on evidence, I am not going down that road.

This is where I am coming from. If someone was planning on sending money for the search for Lindsey and they came across a posting that talks about her mother using the money for cigs and beer, that person? They would send money and that hurts Lindsey. I just don't see the point of posting that. If you or others disagree with me, that is not the first time that has happened and I am sure wont be the last in this thread.

Banana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2010, 11:40:23 PM »

You are not the first to tell of MB's misuse of the money from the LB Jar's.
We have heard from others about her using the money for things such as coffee's from the espresso stand and the like.

Keep up the good work ! 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #209 on: April 09, 2010, 12:56:44 AM »

So it is a good thing to post things which may stop the money coming in for the searches? I just don't see that as a good thing.

IF MB is dipping into the money, there are things that can be done to change that. Get it on film and send it to the authorities.  I am sure no one wants the money to stop, right? Well posting there is misuse of funds will only stop the money. I suppose it is all in how you look at it.

You know what is important? The little girl that is missing and finding the person that took her. None of this leads us to Lindsey.

Waitinginmccleary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #210 on: April 09, 2010, 01:27:23 AM »

So it is a good thing to post things which may stop the money coming in for the searches? I just don't see that as a good thing.

IF MB is dipping into the money, there are things that can be done to change that. Get it on film and send it to the authorities.  I am sure no one wants the money to stop, right? Well posting there is misuse of funds will only stop the money. I suppose it is all in how you look at it.

You know what is important? The little girl that is missing and finding the person that took her. None of this leads us to Lindsey.

Is there a law that states she cannot use the money for anything other than the search or is it at MBs discresion?  Its a serious questions as I truly do not know.  Yes it is sickening but is it against the law?  You are suggesting to go to the authorities but will it do anything? And as far as something like this making people not donate maybe it will make them think that  they should send their money directly to the search parties and not into the jar that is so easily accessible to MB to dip into.   Idea
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #211 on: April 09, 2010, 01:42:57 AM »

Hi there. I actually live in Shelton. I worked at Gordon's up until 2 years ago. I was hearing all sorts of rumors right after she first came up missing, even the day after she came up missing one of the locals brought in fliers to my work and showed me. I didn't recognize her until I saw her picture online of the one she is wearing the green hat. I was hoping that it would be like the other missing persons fliers we had seen around McCleary in the previous years where the kids just took off with a friend and were brought home safe by police a week later. My first gut reaction after she wasn't found within the first few days is that someone who was traveling through McCleary picked her up, because that time of year a lot of people from out of town, state, and even out of country have come through town just traveling the coast, going to the beach, or just going camping.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2010, 01:55:29 AM »

Is there a law that states she cannot use the money for anything other than the search or is it at MBs discresion?  Its a serious questions as I truly do not know.  Yes it is sickening but is it against the law?  You are suggesting to go to the authorities but will it do anything? And as far as something like this making people not donate maybe it will make them think that  they should send their money directly to the search parties and not into the jar that is so easily accessible to MB to dip into.   Idea

None of this leads us to Lindsey. If you feel MB is doing something unethical with the money then contact the proper authorities.   
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2010, 01:58:50 AM »

None of this leads us to Lindsey. If you feel MB is doing something unethical with the money then contact the proper authorities.   
Agreed. I'd say contact whomever started the jars. And if it is illegal, they can contact law enforcement.
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2010, 02:03:05 AM »

Jademoff is this the news story you're looking for? 
(Video Avail)
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/88224357.html
Sources: Persons of interest ID'd in girl's disappearance
March 17, 2010

FBI agents and local investigators have been going door-to-door, interviewing nearly everyone in town regarding Lindsey's disappearance.

Lindsey Baum

McCLEARY, Wash. -- A renewed investigative effort in the search for a 10-year-old girl who vanished last year has identified a dozen persons of interest, law enforcement sources told ABC News.

Nightline reporters were given behind-the-scenes access to the FBI's Child Abduction Rapid Deployment (CARD) team, which has been leading the search for Lindsey Baum.

Lindsey disappeared while walking home from a friend's house last June.

Investigators from multiple agencies have spent months searching for the girl, and the FBI recently moved in a high-tech command center to coordinate efforts.

Agents with the CARD team have been checking hours of ATM security camera video taken from cash machines throughout McCleary and the surrounding area, looking for anything that seems out of place.

They have also been checking cell phone records to see who was in the area when Lindsey vanished.
"We can start putting a timeline together," FBI Assistant Director Kevin Perkins told Nightline. "And we may see that call and a certain cell phone and, perhaps, our missing individual coming together at a certain place at a certain time."

The agency also has profilers and psychologists analyzing evidence.

Detectives from the sheriff's department are working with the FBI to check new sites that might be connected to the case, and they're also re-searching sites checked previously.

The investigators are also interviewing most of the people in the town, hoping for new leads and watching for unease.

"We're looking for the whole picture, but there are sometimes when you get a gut reaction or gut feeling about a certain individual or their reaction to your questioning," sheriff's Det. Keith Peterson said.

Investigators have talked with more than two-thirds of the town's population.

Drawing on the interviews, searches, security camera video and cell phone data, the FBI has built a model and timeline of the day Lindsey was last seen.

Lindsey's mother, Melissa Baum, thinks someone is holding out.

"I guess what gets me is I know aliens didn't just beam her up and take her away," she said. "Somebody knows something."

Sources tell ABC news that 12 people identified as persons of interest in the case live inside and outside of McCleary, and at least two of those people are considered "high interest" by investigators.

While an arrest may not be imminent, police say the case is active and they are hopeful.

And Lindsey's mom is still spending every day working to find her daughter.

"I don't care who you are," she said. "I just want my Lindsey back safely."

This one isn't it, but I did read this the same day as I read the other one. Thank you Muffy!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #215 on: April 09, 2010, 02:03:42 AM »

Hi there. I actually live in Shelton. I worked at Gordon's up until 2 years ago. I was hearing all sorts of rumors right after she first came up missing, even the day after she came up missing one of the locals brought in fliers to my work and showed me. I didn't recognize her until I saw her picture online of the one she is wearing the green hat. I was hoping that it would be like the other missing persons fliers we had seen around McCleary in the previous years where the kids just took off with a friend and were brought home safe by police a week later. My first gut reaction after she wasn't found within the first few days is that someone who was traveling through McCleary picked her up, because that time of year a lot of people from out of town, state, and even out of country have come through town just traveling the coast, going to the beach, or just going camping.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was a stranger abduction and she was taken right off the street. I think in this case there are a lot of lessons on what to do and what not to do. Such as don't allow a child to go out alone, don't allow a child to leave alone. I go back and forth about what could have happened to Lindsey and who took her, whether or not she knew the person or not. One thing I feel is if she wasn't alone this wouldn't have happened.  I don't feel she is alive and I pray I am wrong. I think one day she will be found in the woods.

Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2010, 02:16:07 AM »

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was a stranger abduction and she was taken right off the street. I think in this case there are a lot of lessons on what to do and what not to do. Such as don't allow a child to go out alone, don't allow a child to leave alone. I go back and forth about what could have happened to Lindsey and who took her, whether or not she knew the person or not. One thing I feel is if she wasn't alone this wouldn't have happened.  I don't feel she is alive and I pray I am wrong. I think one day she will be found in the woods.

I'm constantly thrown back and fourth with if it was someone she knew or a stranger. My reaction after I did a bit of research (growing up in a small town, I don't know street names, but I know a place by location) and found that Maple street was the road right behind the main road made me start to think that it might have been someone more local because after 9pm it seems odd that someone would drive on one of the back streets that isn't from the area, since the grocery store was closed and the only options would be gas stations. My mind is a huge jumbled mess, I hope that they will find some answers soon.
Banana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2010, 02:18:25 AM »

Don't get your panties in a bunch 

We are just discussing the misuse of funds from the JARS in our opinions.
Is it illegal ? I do not believe it is illegal. Is it unethical ? I feel it is very much.

Your doing great holding your own in here waitinginmccleary !!
Banana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2010, 02:29:37 AM »

BTW, MB has access to the search center funds as well since she is now in charge of the search center too.   
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2010, 03:05:21 AM »

BTW, MB has access to the search center funds as well since she is now in charge of the search center too.   
Hi Banana,  She has moved to a town a bit away from McCleary so does she still come to the SC?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.