April 19, 2024, 09:03:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 7 1/27/10 - 4/6/11  (Read 325288 times)
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #360 on: May 03, 2010, 08:36:19 PM »

New surveillance video released in search for Lindsey Baum
By KOMO Staff
Story Published: May 3, 2010 at 5:24 PM PDT Story Updated: May 3, 2010 at 5:25 PM PDT

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- Grays Harbor County Sherriff's have obtained new surveillance video that they hope will help in the search for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum, who has been missing since last June.
The video is from a Shell gas station in McCleary that shows two people there around the time Lindsey would have been walking back to her home and disappeared.

One segment shows a Honda Ridgeline truck that went through the station twice during that same period.

Investigators would like to talk to the driver, but Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott says the driver is not considered to be directly connected to the case. They just want to talk to him to see if he witnessed anything that evening that could provide a clue in the case.

http://www.komonews.com/news/92726054.html
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #361 on: May 03, 2010, 08:43:28 PM »

they might have not said anything early on about the shell video because you could not see who it is on the tape... they probably just were able to get those photos where you could see them.  this is my guess... however, if this is not why, they yes, why they heck wait almost a year? 

they say they think these two guys might be witnesses... that does make sense to me...

however, if they are thinking they might be witnesses, does this tell us they NOW think Lindsey was there?  how you going to be a witness if she was never by there? 

and if she was by there, then, hmmmm that tells me something too.  So are they trying to get enough evidence/witnesses to make an arrest?  or is there tape screwed up so bad they need these two guys to tell them what they saw because the tape did not show it. 

I will be happy to see the truck outside, because if that tape now shows that truck clearly, then I would suppose anything else outside on that tape is NOW clear too? 

I'll comment more about what I think after I see how clearly that white truck or anything else shows up on that tape. 

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #362 on: May 03, 2010, 08:44:48 PM »

Police search for car in case of missing McCleary girl

By LISA BROOKS
KIRO Radio
Authorities are looking for a white Honda Ridgeline in connection with the case of missing McCleary girl Lindsey Baum.

Baum disappeared one night last June while walking home from a friend's house.

The Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Department has released new surveillance video from a mini-mart on the girl's route home.

Under-sheriff Rick Scott says they're looking for a white or light silver colored Honda Ridgeline seen on the video around the time Baum disappeared.

"We've identified this vehicle. A Honda Ridgeline vehicle that we've never been able to identify the occupants of that car."

Scott says it took a long time to get this video because the mini-mart went out of business and there have been some legal delays.

Scott says the customers were probably from out of town. Police want to question them about what they might have seen that night.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=316767
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #363 on: May 03, 2010, 08:49:20 PM »

they might have not said anything early on about the shell video because you could not see who it is on the tape... they probably just were able to get those photos where you could see them.  this is my guess... however, if this is not why, they yes, why they heck wait almost a year? 

they say they think these two guys might be witnesses... that does make sense to me...

however, if they are thinking they might be witnesses, does this tell us they NOW think Lindsey was there?  how you going to be a witness if she was never by there? 

and if she was by there, then, hmmmm that tells me something too.  So are they trying to get enough evidence/witnesses to make an arrest?  or is there tape screwed up so bad they need these two guys to tell them what they saw because the tape did not show it. 

I will be happy to see the truck outside, because if that tape now shows that truck clearly, then I would suppose anything else outside on that tape is NOW clear too? 

I'll comment more about what I think after I see how clearly that white truck or anything else shows up on that tape. 

The channel 5 news I saw showed the truck pretty clear but the video isn't online yet. I have some thoughts now about why this wasn't released earlier but I'm not putting my thoughts out in the open. The news said it wasn't put out earlier due to technical difficulties and language problems with the owner.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #364 on: May 03, 2010, 08:50:58 PM »

By KOMO Staff
Story Published: May 3, 2010 at 5:24 PM PDT Story Updated: May 3, 2010 at 5:25 PM PDT

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- Grays Harbor County Sherriff's have obtained new surveillance video that they hope will help in the search for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum, who has been missing since last June.
The video is from a Shell gas station in McCleary that shows two people there around the time Lindsey would have been walking back to her home and disappeared.

One segment shows a Honda Ridgeline truck that went through the station twice during that same period.

Investigators would like to talk to the driver, but Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott says the driver is not considered to be directly connected to the case. They just want to talk to him to see if he witnessed anything that evening that could provide a clue in the case.

okay, that video looks pretty dang clear to me.  Unless it is over on the edges or something but right there it is clear. 

expect an arrest

To find me:
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #365 on: May 03, 2010, 08:53:56 PM »

By KOMO Staff

You might be thinking what I was thinking. 

okay, that video looks pretty dang clear to me.  Unless it is over on the edges or something but right there it is clear. 

expect an arrest
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #366 on: May 03, 2010, 08:55:14 PM »

By KOMO Staff

expect an arrest

I screwed up that quote. Whoops!

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #367 on: May 03, 2010, 08:57:59 PM »

By KOMO Staff

expect an arrest

I screwed up that quote. Whoops!

you very well could be thinking what I am thinking. 

I've been waiting for that video for a long time.  I did not think they were ever going to get it out here.  gee. 

you know who is on it?   

To find me:
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #368 on: May 03, 2010, 09:00:19 PM »

I now see they added more to this news story and several videos.

By KOMO Staff
Story Updated: May 3, 2010 at 5:40 PM PDT

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- New surveillance video has surfaced that investigators hope will help in the search for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum, who has been missing since last June.

A second video shows a man in a brown shirt that is in the gas station with a young kid. Scott says they think it could be who was in the Ridgeline, but can't say for sure since the Ridgeline parked off-camera and there is no footage of anyone exiting or entering the truck to say for sure.

A third video shows a man in a blue plaid shirt with a camouflage baseball hat. Scott again said this man is not believed to be connected to the case either, but police would like to ask if he too saw anything that night, as any little observation could be crucial.

"We've never been able to identify the occupants of that pickup truck or that man in the plaid shirt," Scott said. "So we are asking that if you are the person that owns or was operating that truck or if you are the gentleman in that plaid shirt or you know him... we'd like to speak with him, because we know now they were in the store at that time that Lindsay would have been walking down the street... they may have seen something that is important to us but may have meant absolutely nothing to them at the time."

Investigators have determined neither man is from the area and were likely just passing through.

As for why such a long delay in getting these tapes, Scott says they thought they had all the video camera footage from the nearby stores, but there was a language barrier with the owner of the station and the owner was not that familiar with the surveillance software. They didn't even know the video existed until now.

"It's truly been an emotional roller coaster," Scott said of the ongoing investigation. "(But) we're not going anywhere; we're going to keep working on this as long as it takes."

A $25,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to finding Lindsey. If you have any information, contact the Grays Harbor Sheriff's Department.

Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #369 on: May 03, 2010, 09:02:57 PM »

doubledecker, I'm just going to say that some things are making more and more sense to me and one person in these videos is much more interesting than the other person IMO.   
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #370 on: May 03, 2010, 09:11:55 PM »

what I am thinking...

they think the driver might have seen something. 

notice in the video, the truck makes a circle and comes around(front of truck heading to the left of the video, as it pulls up by the pumps closest to the building.  When the truck makes that circle it goes out of view of there on the right side of the video behind the building... so was there someone over on that side of the store? 

however, I know there is something else on that video we are not seeing.  If anyone knows the layout of the front of that place where the cameras would catch it, where would there be another vehicle that we are not seeing? 

if they are trying to see what this driver might have witnessed (at this point in time, NOW) then either they can't figure out who else in on that tape and need this driver to identify the person, or... they do NOW know who is on that tape, and they just want a witness to help tie up this case. 

can a local tell me what other part of the front of that place would be showing on the video?  I doubt it would be what is behind the building??? so they are leaving out part of what is out in front? 

I'll try to get ahold of someone and find out

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #371 on: May 03, 2010, 09:13:57 PM »

what?  what do they mean they never knew the video existed til NOW

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #372 on: May 03, 2010, 09:15:02 PM »

and how do they not know who that guy is?   huh?? 

good lord... I am sure someone knows who that guy is, let me go find out

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #373 on: May 03, 2010, 09:24:46 PM »

they are not showing the person I am looking for    but I know they are there

To find me:
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #374 on: May 03, 2010, 09:25:54 PM »

I don't get this part:

--Investigators have determined neither man is from the area and were likely just passing through. --

If they don't know who these guys are how do they know that they aren't from the area?
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #375 on: May 03, 2010, 09:38:08 PM »

I don't get this part:

--Investigators have determined neither man is from the area and were likely just passing through. --

If they don't know who these guys are how do they know that they aren't from the area?

LOL... nothing they are saying is making a bit of sense to me.  they did not just NOW know about that video... I've known about it for quite awhile.  I've been waiting for it to come out. 
well if that is out now, I think they must also have more stuff back??? hopefully...

but come on, I am like you.  if they have no clue who this guy is how do they know he was just passing through ? 

same way they never knew about this video til now i guess.  In other words, they don't want the public knowning what they are doing or what they know.  God forbid I tell it   

I'm trying to see if someone knows who that guy is. 

To find me:
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #376 on: May 03, 2010, 09:40:34 PM »

New Surveillance Video Released In Lindsey Baum Case
KIRO 7
Posted: 5:35 pm PDT May 3, 2010
Updated: 6:30 pm PDT May 3, 2010

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- Detectives in Grays Harbor County have released new surveillance tape Monday and hope it will provide crucial clues in the disappearance of Lindsey Baum.

Baum, now 11, has not been seen since June 26 when she was walking home from a friend’s house in McCleary.
The surveillance videos are from a Shell gas station in McCleary on the night of Baum’s disappearance. Detectives released the videos in hopes of identifying a man and also a driver and passenger of a truck.

Detectives would like to talk to a man in a plaid shirt and camouflage hat who went into the convenience store.
Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott said the man is not a suspect, but detectives hope he is a witness and may have seen something that night.

UNCUT: Surveillance Video Of Man In Store
http://www.kirotv.com/video/23439010/index.html

Detectives also want to talk to the driver and passengers in a white Honda Ridgeline pickup truck also seen in the surveillance video.
The truck went through the Shell station twice that night, Scott said. Detectives said they don’t believe it’s related to Baum’s disappearance, but would like to interview the people in the truck.

UNCUT: Surveillance Video Of Truck
http://www.kirotv.com/video/23439110/index.html

“These folks may have noticed something that at the time meant absolutely nothing to them, but may be very important to us,” Scott said.

Lindsey is 4 feet 9 inches tall, 80 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a light blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans.

Last week Baum’s photo was posted on two trucks donated by Gordon Trucking. One truck is parked in McCleary and the other in a parking lot near Elma.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/23439309/detail.html
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #377 on: May 03, 2010, 09:45:31 PM »

I don't get this part:

LOL... nothing they are saying is making a bit of sense to me.  they did not just NOW know about that video... I've known about it for quite awhile.  I've been waiting for it to come out. 
well if that is out now, I think they must also have more stuff back??? hopefully...

but come on, I am like you.  if they have no clue who this guy is how do they know he was just passing through ? 

same way they never knew about this video til now i guess.  In other words, they don't want the public knowning what they are doing or what they know.  God forbid I tell it   

I'm trying to see if someone knows who that guy is. 

My wheels are turning! I just wish these videos would have come out earlier and hope someone will speak up and identify these people.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #378 on: May 03, 2010, 10:30:04 PM »

I don't believe they could figure out who was for sure on that video until recently.  but to say they never knew it existed is crazy... I have known about that video for a long time.  but what I was told is it did not show up very well, that they had to see if they could clear it up...

so I kept waiting for them to clear it up to see if what they thought they saw is what they really did see.  So now the question is.... is what they thought they saw really what is on there?  so, did they clear it up well enough to see it... looks to me like that video is pretty clear, so ... do they now see what they thought they saw?  or... do they need these two guys for witnesses because they can't see it clear enough to see what they thought they saw. 

I am wondering if there is an area that the camera would catch that would not be clear on the video even though they have the pumps and white truck showing up clear... maybe the other vehicle is off to the side and you can see it clearly????  or it is clear now and they know who was there, but they want the witnesses to see if they saw something going on?  heard something?  I don't know...

also I figure if the video is now cleared up and put out here, that they also have other things back???? 

I would suspect if other stuff is back we will know about it soon if there is anything positive that came back. 

gee... this is driving me crazy.  They just make things confusing... when if they would ever just ask people things, someone might answer.  grrrr... but who am I to tell them what they should do LOL

I'm nobody, so I just sit and watch

To find me:
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #379 on: May 03, 2010, 10:52:04 PM »

I don't know what's true about why these videos are just now coming out but it makes me hopeful that they are closer to solving this case. That might be wishful thinking but I sure like thinking it!  an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.