April 24, 2024, 06:56:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 7 1/27/10 - 4/6/11  (Read 325601 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 10:06:20 PM »

Have we ever truly established that Lindsey had stopped by Tag and Libby's the night that she disappeared? Didn't Libby deny it but others stated that Lindsey had?

Well, we know KK said she went by there looking for Lindsey around 11.  Makes you wonder why she went there.

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2010, 01:19:51 PM »

Have we ever truly established that Lindsey had stopped by Tag and Libby's the night that she disappeared? Didn't Libby deny it but others stated that Lindsey had?

Well, we know KK said she went by there looking for Lindsey around 11.  Makes you wonder why she went there.

Just MORE inconsistencies with the timeline. I wonder why LE would interview Tag and Libby so many times unless Lindsey actually HAD gone by their house that night. I also wonder why KK waited until 11pm to go by their home? Didn't she say that Lindsey left her house at 9:15pm? Why the delay? Why did Libby deny that Lindsey had been by her house that night? Where was Tag? KK says that when she went by there all of the girls were home alone. I wonder if this is why Marilyn Lassiter went silent. Perhaps she was defending Libby in the beginning and then started seeing inconsistencies herself?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2010, 02:39:45 PM »

KK's states her phone was on the charger and it wasn't receiving phone calls, that is why she didn't go looking until that time. The dogs didn't track Lindsey leaving KK's house so that makes me wonder if either she didn't leave in the conventional way or she came back thinking maybe she left her phone or something and on her way back met up with whatever happened to her.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2010, 06:10:18 PM »

According to KK, Lindsey and KK's daughter were swimming there all day.  Not so as has been proven over and over.
Trust me, she knew MB was out looking for Lindsey way before 11 o'clock.

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2010, 06:33:10 PM »

the assault was actually not an assault as in 'hitting' etc.  I am told she "poked" him, so I guess they just did not feel like fooling with her.

the police were asked to come there because of a guy who was at the house. 

There must be more to this story. Libby was not released today and there is no bail? Do you think that they are trying to put the squeeze on her thinking that she knows something about Lindsey's disappearance?

I don't know why there is no bail set... the only reason that would make since is if she is on probation and has a probation hold, but it doesn't state that either.  I will try to find out what is going on... maybe bail was set and they have not updated the site yet?  I don't know. 

I do know why they police came there and it had nothing at all to do with the Lindsey case.  They were asked to come there by someone at the house.  It had to do with some guy that was at the house.  Why they ended up taking her to jail I don't know.  My guess is they said something to her she did not like and she told them about it and ended up poking them while she was telling them what she thought... that probably gave them a reason to take her to jail, get the guy out of her house and stop whatever it was they were asked to come there for in the first place. 

I think the police think someone at that house might know something.  They had been there way too many times before.  Whatever it was they thought someone might know must have not given them any answers and heaven knows they were there enough times to have found out. 

I have no idea what LE thinks anyone there might know.  But if anyone there did know anything, now might be the time to start re-asking them; we have both tag and libby in jail now and the girls are obviously with someone other than tag and libby.  Seems if there was ever a time to re-ask anyone at that household anything, now is the time to do it.
-
Hi DD, That makes me wonder if the kids at school who were chatting about what had happened to her right after she went missing were the girls in the swimming party? 

Does anyone remember talk about that? 

no, they were not the same girls

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2010, 06:39:49 PM »

There was a person back in July 2009 who said they knew for a fact that lindsey had stopped back by tag and libbys on her way home... this info was relayed to me by a person who asked for me.  At the time I did not know whether or not to believe this however this same person had said their was a slumber party at libby's that night(same thing Kara said. 

This same person said they saw a man on beck street and his truck up a logging road... HO also talked to this person, so that gave me more reason to believe this person. 

so I don't know what is true and what is not about all of this.  I only know what I have been told.  Did the person tell the truth?  Did they say what they believed to be the truth?  or did they just make it all up?  who knows.

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2010, 06:47:10 PM »

Just MORE inconsistencies with the timeline. I wonder why LE would interview Tag and Libby so many times unless Lindsey actually HAD gone by their house that night. I also wonder why KK waited until 11pm to go by their home? Didn't she say that Lindsey left her house at 9:15pm? Why the delay? Why did Libby deny that Lindsey had been by her house that night? Where was Tag? KK says that when she went by there all of the girls were home alone. I wonder if this is why Marilyn Lassiter went silent. Perhaps she was defending Libby in the beginning and then started seeing inconsistencies herself?

I'll try to explain this the best I can...

when I received information that it was known for a fact that lindsey had stopped by libbys on the way home... that same person talked to ML.. this person told me ML's response to that info was that it was not true that she had talked to libby the next morning and Lindsey had not stopped by there.  After my asking for this person to keep asking and find out exactly, this same person told me that ML then said... libby had not actually said lindsey had not stopped by...rather.. libby had not mentioned anything about lindsey so ML assumed that meant lindsey had not stopped back by. 

the person stating they knew lindsey stopped by there FOR A FACT... you have to wonder how they know this FOR A FACT... were they there at libbys and saw lindsey there?  or were they told this by someone and believed it to the point the thought they know this for a fact?  I don't know. 

I had asked about this peron and am told this person is very credible. 

there is no way to know who really knew what, or just thought they knew it, or who is lying to cover up something else?  perhaps someone wants people to think lindsey was at libbys when she was not.. maybe lindsey was with the very people who are saying it, or with someone they know who they are covering for?  you just never know.

To find me:
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2010, 11:12:36 PM »

I'll try to explain this the best I can...

when I received information that it was known for a fact that lindsey had stopped by libbys on the way home... that same person talked to ML.. this person told me ML's response to that info was that it was not true that she had talked to libby the next morning and Lindsey had not stopped by there.  After my asking for this person to keep asking and find out exactly, this same person told me that ML then said... libby had not actually said lindsey had not stopped by...rather.. libby had not mentioned anything about lindsey so ML assumed that meant lindsey had not stopped back by. 

the person stating they knew lindsey stopped by there FOR A FACT... you have to wonder how they know this FOR A FACT... were they there at libbys and saw lindsey there?  or were they told this by someone and believed it to the point the thought they know this for a fact?  I don't know. 

I had asked about this peron and am told this person is very credible. 

there is no way to know who really knew what, or just thought they knew it, or who is lying to cover up something else?  perhaps someone wants people to think lindsey was at libbys when she was not.. maybe lindsey was with the very people who are saying it, or with someone they know who they are covering for?  you just never know.

Thanks for that DD,  In my mind I accept what this person told you as a fact as I think your intuitive abilities are well honed.

Also to Sister, I thought KK said the first place she went looking was to Libby's.  But I agree, it sure makes one wonder why she headed there first! 

There are just too many circumstantial possibilities we have learned about that night at the Nelson house, like all these 5+ men drinkin' there and then at 11 even Tag was gone somewhere which seems very odd to me. Ya think he's be passed out by then, eh?  Libby calling for a change of clothes at 10:30pm, overly odd.  And to me the combination of the men assembled seems odd too, although they could have been regular drinkin' buddies.

I find it so odd that none of these men got up to clean the area around the pool where the girls were swimming, their diving or jump/splashing off the old stove seems so unsafe to me.

Gee Whiz, maybe one of them did venture forth to make the accommodations for the girls swimming a bit more safe, even pleasurable!     Just a thought
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2010, 11:55:28 PM »

Where did the information come from that there were 5 guys at Libby's that night? Do we have any names? Were all of the kids at the slumber party related to Libby? It seems weird to me that a bunch of men would be hanging out drinking while a slumber party is going on. Does anyone else think that is odd? I know I am overly paranoid with my kids, but I don't think I would be comfortable with that. Having said that, my kids would not be caught dead in that pool, if it is the same one with the stove for the diving board.
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2010, 11:51:33 AM »

Where did the information come from that there were 5 guys at Libby's that night? Do we have any names? Were all of the kids at the slumber party related to Libby? It seems weird to me that a bunch of men would be hanging out drinking while a slumber party is going on. Does anyone else think that is odd? I know I am overly paranoid with my kids, but I don't think I would be comfortable with that. Having said that, my kids would not be caught dead in that pool, if it is the same one with the stove for the diving board.

5+ men at a girls slumber party seems strange to me as well.  The only thing that might make it okay is if the men were the girls fathers...but it still is strange.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2010, 07:28:39 PM »

the girls are all relatives, it's not like it was any kind of "party", the cousin stayed over etc.  I don't know why they call it a slumber party?  maybe just staying up spending the night and watching movies etc is a slumber party to people. 

as for guys over drinking with tag, I don't know who was there or not but he has friends over drinking, that is the norm, so was not odd to THEM to have friends over drinking and libby's kids or nieces around.  I think that is pretty common for them. 

To understand this case we have to realize and remember that most of these people are nothing in every day life like most people on these crime forums.  They people have a different culture.. what is the norm and acceptable everyday life for them seems totally out of place for most of you...

also having a pool like that in the yard and set up that way is most likely very acceptable to them... it might even be considered a luxury to a lot of people. 

It's a different living style than what any of you are use to.  To them all of this is "normal" so nothing was going on that was not always going on.

To find me:
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2010, 01:20:38 AM »

Hello DD nice to see you around again. I have a question for you or anyone that wishes to answer.
I recall reading that the dogs didn't track Lindsey leaving Kara's home, they track her there and then nothing. What do you make of that? Does the theory fit that Lindsey never left or may have left and turned around to get somehing she may have forgotten or believed she had forgotten and was taken from in front of Kara's house. There is something that you always said and I can't move away from it, Dogs don't lie.
Can you also please refresh my memory if the woman standing in front of the friends house talking, I think it was a co worker to MB, she is the same person that says she saw Lindsey on the corner of 6th and maple. Has this person been investigated at all and what if anything was found out about her?
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2010, 01:41:44 AM »

Hello DD nice to see you around again. I have a question for you or anyone that wishes to answer.
I recall reading that the dogs didn't track Lindsey leaving Kara's home, they track her there and then nothing. What do you make of that? Does the theory fit that Lindsey never left or may have left and turned around to get somehing she may have forgotten or believed she had forgotten and was taken from in front of Kara's house. There is something that you always said and I can't move away from it, Dogs don't lie.
Can you also please refresh my memory if the woman standing in front of the friends house talking, I think it was a co worker to MB, she is the same person that says she saw Lindsey on the corner of 6th and maple. Has this person been investigated at all and what if anything was found out about her?

the dogs never trailed lindsey from kara's porch.  I don't believe the dogs lie, they have no reason to...

its possible she went out the back door? but then why would they not take the dogs to the back and trail her?  its possible the house door leads into the attached garage and she got into a vehicle that was in the garage?? I don't know... don't even know if the house door opens into the garage, but most of the time they do open into attached garages...

because kara had asked me what happens if lindsey were "carried" would the dogs be able to track her... its possible she was carried out of the house off the porch into a car... normally the dogs would know that though... but the trail might have been weaker and for such a short ways the dogs did not pick it up..

otherwise we have to assume lindsey never left kara's house...

the second witness is said to have come forward on tuesday, so this tells me the 2nd witness is not the first witness, who is rena who kara told me was standing outside of the stroms house when lindsey was going TO karas... this would be about 3 houses to the east of kara's house.  I don't know why rena would not also see lindsey walk FROM kara's as well as TO if lindsey was at kara's for only 5 minutes as kara claims.  you would think rena would see lindsey go back by again being it was just a few minutes.  And I also have to wonder why the other people outside with rena did not notice lindsey?  None of it really makes much sense. 

To find me:
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2010, 02:09:33 AM »

Where did we get the information that the dogs never caught a scent leading away from KK's house? Sadly, this case has been going on for so long that I am forgetting who said what. I can tell you this, however I cannot get into details. Dogs don't intend to lie but they make mistakes all of the time. I know this from the Amber Dubois case. They have had several dogs out and the dogs have taken them all over the place and nothing ever came out of any of it. Additionally, Lindsey's scent should have been all over that town. She had walked all around it for a very long time. I am sorry but I do not put a whole lot into the dog and or dogs that were used. Dogs, like people are not 100% all of the time, no matter how good they are supposed to be.
JMO
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2010, 02:42:42 AM »

the dogs never trailed lindsey from kara's porch.  I don't believe the dogs lie, they have no reason to...

its possible she went out the back door? but then why would they not take the dogs to the back and trail her?  its possible the house door leads into the attached garage and she got into a vehicle that was in the garage?? I don't know... don't even know if the house door opens into the garage, but most of the time they do open into attached garages...

because kara had asked me what happens if lindsey were "carried" would the dogs be able to track her... its possible she was carried out of the house off the porch into a car... normally the dogs would know that though... but the trail might have been weaker and for such a short ways the dogs did not pick it up..

the second witness is said to have come forward on tuesday, so this tells me the 2nd witness is not the first witness, who is rena who kara told me was standing outside of the stroms house when lindsey was going TO karas... this would be about 3 houses to the east of kara's house.  I don't know why rena would not also see lindsey walk FROM kara's as well as TO if lindsey was at kara's for only 5 minutes as kara claims.  you would think rena would see lindsey go back by again being it was just a few minutes.  And I also have to wonder why the other people outside with rena did not notice lindsey?  None of it really makes much sense. 

As I have not read every single post on the forums, I'm going to assume that Rena is the woman who saw Josh and Lindsey arguing and she sent Josh home. And then I also read that there was another woman who was driving to work that night and she saw Lindsey walking home where she was spotted at Maple and 6th.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2010, 12:23:53 PM »

Where did we get the information that the dogs never caught a scent leading away from KK's house? Sadly, this case has been going on for so long that I am forgetting who said what. I can tell you this, however I cannot get into details. Dogs don't intend to lie but they make mistakes all of the time. I know this from the Amber Dubois case. They have had several dogs out and the dogs have taken them all over the place and nothing ever came out of any of it. Additionally, Lindsey's scent should have been all over that town. She had walked all around it for a very long time. I am sorry but I do not put a whole lot into the dog and or dogs that were used. Dogs, like people are not 100% all of the time, no matter how good they are supposed to be.
JMO

Sebastian, the dogs pick up the freshest scent. Amber had dogs tracking her back home, the same thing as what has happened here. They picked up the scent from the school to the house, or that is what I was told and has been posted.

Lindsey was tracked to the house and then nothing. If she left either from the back or the front and walked anywhere else they would have tracked her there. I really think what ever happened to Lindsey, happened around Kara's house. Does that mean that Kara or her family did it? Not necessarily, it could have been someone around Kara's house. Then there is the scent that lead up to someone's door. Lindsey could have left Kara's house by car via the inside door and taken to that house. Was it searched? If I recall correctly it was not. 
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2010, 01:46:46 PM »

JMO

Hi TracyGirl

Sebastian, the dogs pick up the freshest scent. Amber had dogs tracking her back home, the same thing as what has happened here. They picked up the scent from the school to the house, or that is what I was told and has been posted.

Lindsey was tracked to the house and then nothing. If she left either from the back or the front and walked anywhere else they would have tracked her there. I really think what ever happened to Lindsey, happened around Kara's house. Does that mean that Kara or her family did it? Not necessarily, it could have been someone around Kara's house. Then there is the scent that lead up to someone's door. Lindsey could have left Kara's house by car via the inside door and taken to that house. Was it searched? If I recall correctly it was not. 

Hi Tracygirl, 

Do you mean the house on Cedar?

I would also add that a dog is only as good as how he has been trained and how good a handler he/she has.  In Lindsey's case I think LE kept most of the dog info they gleaned tight to the vest, thankfully.

I know she was scented up by the water tower which might be why it was searched several times.  Also HO's dogs scented her going uphill on 6th, right?  And also wasn't it said she was scented up off of Beck St?  I know she had been to both the WT and Beck within the last few days with her friend/s before she disappeared so maybe that is what LE meant by saying her scent was weak.

I also don't think LE used cadaver or human scent recovery dogs.  Has anyone heard about that?  I think HO's dogs were dual trained in tracking and recovery but usually those are very special dogs, like the ones used on 9/11.
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2010, 02:54:40 PM »

I believe that Lindsey did leave the Kampen residence that night. I believe that Kara's daughter is telling the truth that she watched Lindsey walk until she couldn't see her anymore.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2010, 06:11:33 PM »

Would anyone know how the dogs can tell if Lindsey was going toward the house or leaving the house?  Could she have followed the same path?  Sorry for what may be obvious to some, but has just been tapping on the back of my head for a while.  How does the dog know it was only one way, and which way it was?  Thanks!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2010, 10:34:47 PM »

I believe that Lindsey did leave the Kampen residence that night. I believe that Kara's daughter is telling the truth that she watched Lindsey walk until she couldn't see her anymore.

Hi Jademoff,  It's great to see you again.  I agree with you for 2 reasons.  First LE had to have some reason to search that corner property on 6th and Fir so many times, all done by the Sunday after she went missing.  And second it would b e the logical way for Lindsey to walk if she was heading over to Libby's house on Main St, it being only a couple of houses up off Fir.  DD has stated she was told as a fact {capped} the person who knew Lindsey went there and had no reason to disbelieve her.  And then the first place KK went to look for Lindsey was at Libby's,  Just sayin'.

PS:,  Hey, that's really 4 reasons.  LOL
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.