April 19, 2024, 10:04:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 7 1/27/10 - 4/6/11  (Read 325129 times)
sherip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #420 on: May 04, 2010, 06:37:43 PM »

sherip

When the truth is revealed ... many Monkeys on this forum who have directed speculation on various residences of the McCleary area who had nothing to do with the disappearance of Lindsey Baum will be eating crow pie ... including me.

As I said before ... I believe that LE should have focused attention on ALL those who are known to have contact with Lindsey in a specific time frame.  In the name of justice for Lindsey Baum ... nobody should be given a pass ... including Josh.

It only takes an impulsive action that cannot be taken back to cause unintended harm.

A young man close to our family lives with the same disorder as Josh and ... we are aware that at times the responses to frustrations ... to the challenges ... he is forced to cope with are not appropriate.  Jonah responses are "at times" aggressive.  This is the reason his family attempts to control and oversee his environment.

Janet

++++++

sherip
Re: Lindsey Baum #3 7/28/09 -
« Reply #1518 on: August 11, 2009, 07:38:55 PM »

It appears that Lindsey would have trusted her (Marilyn) - she most likely would have went with her without any fuss. Something is really wrong with her.....

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5790.msg907407#msg907407

What you say is true Janet - everyone should be looked at and they have been----I would say comfortably that Josh was ruled out immediately.

A person who suspects Josh would have to be able to say that he is then smarter than all of the FBI and other Detectives working on this case, which happen to be the very best around.  The idea that he had the ability to make Lindsey vanish without a trace is just not a concept that I can wrap my mind around.  I dont think that Josh can even read - Melissa and Lindsey have always read books to Josh because he struggles so much.

Josh is now 13 but his maturity is about 4-6 years old.  He is big and lovable and exasperating at times and he cannot keep a secret, Josh tells on himself.

The young man that is close to your family has the same disorder as Josh....which disorder since Josh has several?

sherip

What you shared regarding Josh's endearing characteristics may be true but ... are you revealing everything.  Is there another side to Josh's personality.  What about CPS and/or LE involvment regarding actions encompassing happenings ... happenings that may raise some red flags regarding this young mans character.  Did they occur?

Janet

You are missing the point Janet.....of course he has problems and of course he has various agencies involved in his life that is a no-brainer. The Bottom Line is "could a child with his problems fool all of the best LE has to offer?  NO

Is there a reason to rehash his life and cause more hurt for him than he is already experiencing - NO Does he hear things from other kids that are posted on these boards? YES
Is his medical problems anyones on-line business?  NO

LE has been thorough....in fact I understand that they even know who each one of us posters are.  Melissa and Josh are both victims here, so the FBI monitors these boards.  That is a fact.  Cyber-bullying is not longer accepted in our world no matter how you want to say it - this is what has happened in regards to Josh.

Josh is an innocent child and a victim - he should be off limits.  He cannot defend himself.  I don't think it is his "character flaws" that need to be put under a microscope...........it's not helping in any way to find Lindsey.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #421 on: May 04, 2010, 07:10:33 PM »

While I understand what you are talking about sherip, in my opinion, that is very harsh to accuse Janet or others just asking questions of cyber bullying. 
sherip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #422 on: May 04, 2010, 07:19:08 PM »

While I understand what you are talking about sherip, in my opinion, that is very harsh to accuse Janet or others just asking questions of cyber bullying. 

I am pretty sure I didnt accuse Janet of it - I said that is what has happened in regards to Josh.  You can go back thru the earlier boards and see how often he is brought back up.

Is being honest really a MoneyNo.No?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #423 on: May 04, 2010, 07:31:42 PM »

I am sure Josh is having a difficult time of it. Prayers are with him and MB as they wait for answers as to what happened to Lindsey.

So this truck and this man, this is so very interesting. Has anyone had the chance to look at the SO I posted, do you see a resemblance? The SO I posted lives in an area not too far from McCleary more into the Olympia area outskirts. The place listed is next to what seems to be a car graveyard or something.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #424 on: May 04, 2010, 09:18:25 PM »

I am sure Josh is having a difficult time of it. Prayers are with him and MB as they wait for answers as to what happened to Lindsey.

So this truck and this man, this is so very interesting. Has anyone had the chance to look at the SO I posted, do you see a resemblance? The SO I posted lives in an area not too far from McCleary more into the Olympia area outskirts. The place listed is next to what seems to be a car graveyard or something.

i see a little resemblance. thanks for that post tracygirl! 

i think the man and the child that walked into the store with him looked like out of towners, i dont know why but thats the immediate vibe i get.  i think maybe they saw something that caused them to go in and out of the parking lot like that before pulling up to the gas pump.

i know i posted this previously but i think i read somehwere that there were reports/rumors that LR was seen around the shell station with a young girl around the time LB disappeared
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #425 on: May 04, 2010, 10:08:30 PM »

Witnesses sought in Baum case
BY JACOB JONES The Daily World
Tuesday, May 4, 2010 1:18 PM PDT

Investigators in the Lindsey Baum case have released surveillance video of three potential witnesses they have not been able to identify for questioning.

Undersheriff Rick Scott released the video Monday after detectives failed to identify the individuals, two men and a boy, videotaped at a Shell Gas Station within sight of where the 11-year-old McCleary girl disappeared last summer.

“We’ve been able to — through conventional means — identify everyone else,” he said, adding, “We’ve tried every other means to locate, to talk to these other folks ... We have no other choice. It’s important to us.”

Scott said the video depicts a man in a blue flannel shirt and camouflage hat stopping into the Shell station at about the time Lindsey would have been walking home. But he did not buy anything, so investigators could not track any receipt.

A second man, wearing a brown shirt, also walks in with a young boy during the same general time period. Investigators believe the man may have been driving a white Honda Ridgeline truck.

“After all of our efforts we still didn’t know who these ... people were,” Scott said. “We’re fairly confident that they’re not local people.”

Lindsey went missing on June 26, just days before her 11th birthday, as she walked a short distance home from her friend’s house. She was last seen shortly after 9 p.m. along Maple Street just a few blocks from the Shell Station.

Investigators have found no evidence explaining her disappearance, but suspect she is the victim of an abduction.

Scott said the three people in the surveillance video may have seen important details without knowing it and should be interviewed. Investigators are treating the individuals as potential witnesses, not suspects or persons of interest.

“We really don’t know what role they might play in this investigation,” he said. “They may have seen any number of things. It could very valuable to the investigation.”

Based on the preliminary response to the surveillance photos, Scott said he hoped investigators might identify the three people by the end of the day.

This is the first surveillance video to be released during the 10-month investigation. Scott said detectives from several departments have pored through security footage from the Shell station and a nearby 76 gas station that has now closed.

Investigators faced some delays and challenges in obtaining the videos due to technical issues, Scott said, but they are reviewing as much footage as possible.

He noted a few other businesses have security cameras, but not covering public areas where the footage could prove useful.

Local, state and federal authorities continue a second “surge” for information today as they return to McCleary homes with additional questions.

“It’s a much more focused follow-up,” Scott said.

Investigators announced the surge last week as the search for Lindsey entered its 11th month. The reward for information leading to her whereabouts also increased to $25,000.

About 30 investigators from local departments, the FBI, neighboring sheriff’s offices and the State Patrol will be knocking on McCleary doors throughout the week with new questions. Scott said detectives are still conducting a wide investigation into all possibilities and details.

“We’re continuing to look at everything,” he said. “Right now, all of it is important.”

http://**/articles/2010/05/04/local_news/doc4be05eef2e0b5726197362.txt
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #426 on: May 04, 2010, 10:20:37 PM »

I remember there was discussion a long time ago in this thread about whether Josh had been interviewed/spoken with by LE.  And at that time, I asked a detective and also a 25 year veteran of a police department in Texas about this.  They both told me it's basically LE 101, that family are the FIRST to be interviewed and those that would have had contact/spoke with the missing person that day (Lindsey)  would have been interviewed.   Why does there seem to be doubt Josh was asked questions/interviewed by the police?  Do you REALLY think with all the man hours and resources being spent at this time, during the case being re-examined that the police haven't spoken with or interviewed Josh at least once?

Also keep in mind that there are several things that also would need looking at.  IF (and it's a big IF) Josh harmed Lindsey, just where is her body?  Would he have the capability to harm her, to hide the crime, to hide a body and all this time no one has found anything.  How would Josh have pulled that off?  Wouldn't the dogs have found a trail.    I just don't see LE looking at Josh as a person of interest because he didn't have a car/transportation for one thing.  And I don't think LE is not considering him a person of interest because of his special needs.  I think LE doesn't believe Josh was responsible for Lindsey's disappearance.  JMHO

Muffy, I totally agree with you.  Common sense says LE and CARD have talked with Josh because it is basic 101 as you stated.

Sherip, disabilities effect people differently as you mentioned.  I thank you for sharing your perspective.  There is no way to have a complete checklist of "if you have this" then "you will do that."  Trust me, I have discussed this same issue before and finally had to just leave it alone.
Continued prayers for Josh and all who love Lindsey. 

Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #427 on: May 05, 2010, 01:03:54 AM »

Melissa B. will be on Blog Talk Radio this Saturday May 8.

Dawn Drexel and Melissa Baum (daughter Lindsey was kidnapped June 2009) will both be on "Voices for Justice - Missing on Mother's Day -- On our Mother's Day Special, we speak to mother's whose children were kidnapped and abducted and all they want to make this year better, are hope, answers, and/or closure.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/helpingheroes
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #428 on: May 05, 2010, 01:16:16 AM »

Earlier reports claimed LE didn't know who was driving the truck that it could be either one of these two men. The man in the plaid shirt walked to where the truck was coming from as it headed to the rear of the shell station. We don't see the man in the brown shirt walking outside of the store just walking in. Why is that? Out of the two men the older man looks more suspicous to me. He didn't buy anything, just walked in and out. Was he asking if they had air pumps or water pumps or something? Can anyone local tell us what is behind that station or to the left side of it that the truck could have been going to? 
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #429 on: May 05, 2010, 06:20:39 AM »

Here is an example, but theycome in all different sizes and colours.

Thanks that is what I thought but in stopping the video it seems maybe too square-ish on top. Are there pet carriers that are square in shape without the rounded corners?  could it be a box? I was thinking perhaps a TV box but I can't tell what the black part is, if it is words or what. Not sure what it matters but maybe this man bought something from someone in that area? 

Sorry I took off so quickly, we were having severe t-storms and I get offline when that happens. Best to safe than sorry.

I have a huge one for one of my dogs and it is more square than rounded. To me the black areas look like the wire windows that are in the larger ones instead of the little round holes that are spaced out for ventilation. JMO though..

NCSunny

Starlit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #430 on: May 05, 2010, 12:20:58 PM »

ABERDEEN: Police want to talk to 3 in Lindsay Baum case THE OLYMPIAN | • Published May 05, 2010

Comments (2)  Recommend (1)Investigators in the Lindsey Baum case have released surveillance video of three potential witnesses they have not been able to identify for questioning.

The people were videotaped at a Shell Gas Station within sight of where the McCleary girl disappeared last summer.

Undersheriff Rick Scott said the video shows a man stopping at the Shell station about the time Lindsey would have been walking home. He did not buy anything. A second man walked in with a young boy about the same time.

The Daily World (Aberdeen)

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/05/05/1228648/aberdeen-police-want-to-talk-to.html#ixzz0n4ZJ5azz
Starlit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #431 on: May 05, 2010, 01:13:25 PM »

I just have to say everytime I am in McCleary people there point the fingers at the mom and Josh and it really makes me angry! I know im my heart that mom and Josh did not have anything to do with her dissaperance. I hope we are getting a little closer to finding what happened to Lindsey!
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #432 on: May 05, 2010, 01:47:16 PM »

I just have to say everytime I am in McCleary people there point the fingers at the mom and Josh and it really makes me angry! I know im my heart that mom and Josh did not have anything to do with her dissaperance. I hope we are getting a little closer to finding what happened to Lindsey!

Starlit - Yes, I see your concern for MB and Josh.  We too are concerned for them, but the primary victim here is Lindsey.  If Josh is being treated badly by the other kids, it seems to have been going on before Lindsey disappeared.  I really do not think that discussions here have much influence on that. 

Our questions and comments in no way constitute cyber-bullying.   If the FBI and LE are reading here and have our names, I am OK with that.  I have nothing to hide, and will not be threatened with that.   

Let's get back to trying to find Lindsey. 

Chi-M
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #433 on: May 05, 2010, 02:08:17 PM »

Starlit - Yes, I see your concern for MB and Josh.  We too are concerned for them, but the primary victim here is Lindsey.  If Josh is being treated badly by the other kids, it seems to have been going on before Lindsey disappeared.  I really do not think that discussions here have much influence on that. 

Our questions and comments in no way constitute cyber-bullying.   If the FBI and LE are reading here and have our names, I am OK with that.  I have nothing to hide, and will not be threatened with that.   

Chi-M
Thank-you and I totally agree. Prayers that LE are getting closer to finding out what happened to sweet Lindsey  an angelic monkey
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #434 on: May 05, 2010, 02:29:26 PM »

Chi-M
Thank-you and I totally agree. Prayers that LE are getting closer to finding out what happened to sweet Lindsey  an angelic monkey

I believe in my heart there is a "trace" somewhere.  Yes, the prayers are to know where Lindsey is and bring her home to those who love her.  For reasons I can't put into words, I am feeling positive something is going to break in this case soon.  Just my inside feeling.

chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #435 on: May 05, 2010, 02:45:27 PM »

Chi-M

I believe in my heart there is a "trace" somewhere.  Yes, the prayers are to know where Lindsey is and bring her home to those who love her.  For reasons I can't put into words, I am feeling positive something is going to break in this case soon.  Just my inside feeling.

Yes, for the first time I do think LE is getting ready to break the case.  All this manpower and activity lately are very encouraging. 

Chi-M   
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #436 on: May 05, 2010, 03:13:27 PM »

Earlier reports claimed LE didn't know who was driving the truck that it could be either one of these two men. The man in the plaid shirt walked to where the truck was coming from as it headed to the rear of the shell station. We don't see the man in the brown shirt walking outside of the store just walking in. Why is that? Out of the two men the older man looks more suspicous to me. He didn't buy anything, just walked in and out. Was he asking if they had air pumps or water pumps or something? Can anyone local tell us what is behind that station or to the left side of it that the truck could have been going to? 

There is a payphone and some parking off to the left. You can play around with this google map by using the arrows to get a grasp of what's around there. (The parking is hard to see but it's right by the big sign with the gas prices.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=140+s++3rd+mccleary&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=140+S+3rd+St,+McCleary,+Grays+Harbor,+Washington+98557&t=h&layer=c&cbll=47.054361,-123.265023&panoid=asYmWTgLbxAtAWzJMx958w&cbp=12,90,,0,5&ll=47.054445,-123.265028&spn=0.000515,0.001206&z=20

I'm hoping this is going to be ok to put on here -- it's a photo I found by a person on another forum (websleuths) named Mike. It shows the Shell from above.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7814456@N08/3856824413/sizes/l/in/set-72157622145620046/
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: May 05, 2010, 03:40:13 PM »

Chi-M

Thank you Chi-M.  You are a voice of consistent reason.

It is the deafening silence ... the silence embraced by LE/Melissa Baum regarding Josh's actions on the evening when his sister went missing that is fueling speculation.

All the FBI/LE is required to do to stop speculation encompassing Josh Baum is to affirm through a spokesperson that this underage young man has been questioned without restrictions and he has been ruled out as a person of interest.

All Melissa Baum is required to do to stop speculation encompassing Josh is to affirm when interviewed by the media or appears as a guest in the talk show circuit that her son heeded the instructions of the family friend who intervened in the argument and he went straight home.  In other words ... Josh was sitting with her in the timeframe when Lindsey embarked on what should have been a ten minute journey home.

I have listened carefully to LE spokespersons ... I have listened carefully to Melissa Baum and ... other than concede there had been an arugument between Josh and Lindsey over the bike ... a family friend intervenes ... NOTHING!  Josh is a non-issue.

I HOPE the FBI/LE as well as Melissa Baum are reading this forum.  Maybe the silence will be broken and speculation can cease.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #438 on: May 05, 2010, 03:51:27 PM »

LE/FBI or MB are not "required" to do anything for speculation to stop.  As those of us who have been posting on Lindsey's thread from the beginning can attest, this topic has been hashed and re-hashed to the point of misunderstandings, misquotes, and hurt feelings, etc.  I hope we don't go there again because at one point, no one was posting here.  As Chi said, let's focus on Lindsey and bringing her home.
 study

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #439 on: May 05, 2010, 03:58:39 PM »

Yes, for the first time I do think LE is getting ready to break the case.  All this manpower and activity lately are very encouraging. 

Chi-M   

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.