March 28, 2024, 12:21:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 7 1/27/10 - 4/6/11  (Read 323304 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #520 on: May 12, 2010, 11:47:24 PM »

Rob ~

I totally agree with your post!  It is perplexing why the police hold onto those videos.  Seems to me that they'd want the help of the public to identify who is on the video.  Someone somewhere might say, 'omigosh I know that person!', or seeing the video could jog their memory of that night, etc. 

Am guessing the reason the police holds these videos back is so that it doesn't seem they are 'blaming' whoever is in the video.  Couldn't they just say that they need to speak to that person, that they aren't necessarily going to be a POI? 

Guess it's a fine line to walk, trying to decide which is more important, protecting what may become evidence, or trying to find out someone's identity.   A lot of times, it seems that 'ego' plays a hand in this as well.  Some LE want to believe themselves fully capable of solving the case on their own without help from anyone anywhere.  That kind of attitude is likely why a good deal of cases go cold.  IMO. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #521 on: May 13, 2010, 02:36:23 PM »

Oh Geez this is so sad. Why isn't she living with family?! 

This is sad. I can't believe what the families have to go through in order to find their children. I know for myself, I would be a worthless lump of nothing if my child went missing. I would like to think I would be like Carrie, Amber's mom, but I really believe I would not be able to function. I wouldn't be able to work, take care of my other children, take care of myself..I wouldn't care about anything. I could see me in a corner rocking and babbling nonsense until my child was found. 

I don't know the circumstance on why they turned out their nephew and his mom, they could have very good reason given if his behavior was disruptive to their household. I know that when my son is at someones home, a few days is all they can really take. After that it becomes difficult. Patients, acceptance, understanding and a genuine willingness to learn how to help is what I call, "outsiders" need to have. Maybe they didn't have these things, I don't know.

MB needs help, not only with daily living but help with her son. Parents of children with disabilities cannot and should not have to do it alone. These kids as wonderful as they can be challenging at best on good days throw in change and they get even worse.
Maybe it is best that he goes to his dads, let the dad be a parent and give mom the break she needs and deserves. Although it will most likely leave her feeling even more empty then she probably already feels. The person that took Lindsey away will in a sense be taking her son too, as well everything else she once had, such as her job, her house. It does make me sad for her and I am sorry for everything that has happened.

My prayers go out to her as always.  I hope everyday they find Lindsey and she is brought back home safe and sound. Unfortunately if she is deceased, I pray her remains are found so she can be laid to rest with respect and the family be awarded some kind of closure.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: May 13, 2010, 05:39:40 PM »

O/T

Missing, Exploited and True Crime
Crimes Against Children, Elderly and the Disabled

Topic: Ethan Stacy, 4yr old, found dead

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7800.0

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Starlit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #523 on: May 13, 2010, 06:42:18 PM »

I dont know how to bring the video over so maybe someone can show me or do it for me.

Missing Girl's mom now homeless

http://www.komonews.com/news/93633999.html?skipthumb=Y
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #524 on: May 13, 2010, 08:15:17 PM »

I dont know how to bring the video over so maybe someone can show me or do it for me.

Uggg that was heartbreaking. I feel for this mom, she has lost everything. Poor Josh, seeing him gave me an understanding of him. Lindsey needs to be found. This family needs to be let out of this torture.
sherip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #525 on: May 13, 2010, 10:23:43 PM »

I totally agree with you. 
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #526 on: May 14, 2010, 11:03:11 PM »

nature vs nurture? 
nevermind...

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #527 on: May 15, 2010, 01:14:02 AM »

Uggg that was heartbreaking. I feel for this mom, she has lost everything. Poor Josh, seeing him gave me an understanding of him. Lindsey needs to be found. This family needs to be let out of this torture.

My thoughts exactly.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #528 on: May 15, 2010, 07:45:01 PM »

Thank you for this video

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #529 on: May 17, 2010, 02:45:32 PM »

Lewis County Crime Stoppers added information about Lindsey to their website May 16, 2010

http://www.lewiscountycrimestoppers.org/2010/05/16/may-16-2010-crime-795/
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #530 on: May 17, 2010, 02:53:33 PM »

Does anybody know if Lindsey was on the Lewis county Crime Stoppers before? The only thing I found was when it was added yesterday and I'm wondering if there's a reason they are putting this out in that area. It's just a county over from McCleary so that's not strange but it just made be wonder. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #531 on: May 20, 2010, 02:20:43 AM »

Does anybody know if Lindsey was on the Lewis county Crime Stoppers before? The only thing I found was when it was added yesterday and I'm wondering if there's a reason they are putting this out in that area. It's just a county over from McCleary so that's not strange but it just made be wonder. 

Am not sure if she was or not.  I saw her come up on another County crime stoppers page too, just last week, and wondered the same thing then.  So with two now, am thinking they may be spreading out to the County site close by??  Also saw her on a page advertised thru twitter, it was a reward page for her, and wondered if maybe the reward had been upped again? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #532 on: May 24, 2010, 02:44:56 AM »

I hope that LE has checked out everyone that has moved away from McCleary shortly after Lindsey went missing. Regardless of what has been posted, I truly believe that Lindsey was not in the best of living situations and she had pretty much come and gone as she pleased for a long time. I wonder if someone offered to let her move away with them and she took them up on it? I sometimes believe that Lindsey is still alive, but I felt that way about Amber Dubois and that was not the case. All of these cases are so horrible!
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #533 on: May 25, 2010, 01:39:31 PM »

any locals around?

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #534 on: May 25, 2010, 01:49:26 PM »

if any local is around, can you please drive down around 6th and see whose house they are by.  Le and men in white suits are down there somewhere dredging the sewer.  My contacts are all tied up.  ugh.  I want to know whose houses are there or if that is a MAIN sewer line or what.

To find me:
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #535 on: May 25, 2010, 01:59:46 PM »

if any local is around, can you please drive down around 6th and see whose house they are by.  Le and men in white suits are down there somewhere dredging the sewer.  My contacts are all tied up.  ugh.  I want to know whose houses are there or if that is a MAIN sewer line or what.

oh wow, hopefully this is a break in the case
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #536 on: May 25, 2010, 02:00:32 PM »

oh wow, hopefully this is a break in the case
Prayers for Lindsey  an angelic monkey and her family and friends.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: May 25, 2010, 02:03:15 PM »

http://**/articles/2010/05/23/local_news/doc4bf8c325549dc029869116.txt
Six World writers honored
May 23, 2010

The Daily World

Six Daily World staff members received 2009 Excellence in Journalism awards from the Society of Professional Journalists for reporting, writing and photography published last year.

The Northwest chapter of the society announced the awards Saturday evening during a dinner in Bellevue. The annual competition is open to print, broadcast and online journalists in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Alaska.

The Daily World competed against other newspapers with circulations of 25,000 or less.

Former reporter Callie White won a first-place award in the Spot News category for “Rough crossing north of Hoquiam.” In the story, White documented devastating flooding in the Copalis Crossing area.

Sports editor and reporter Rick Anderson won a second-place for his long-running sports column, Going the Rounds. The subjects of his columns this year ranged from legendary University of Washington football coach Jim Owens to the state’s new concussion law.

Reporter Jacob Jones won second place in the Crime & Justice category for an in-depth analysis of the ongoing search for missing 11-year-old Lindsey Baum. For the story, Jones interviewed detectives, family members and searchers.

“Commercializing Kurt,” reporter Steven Friederich’s piece about businesses capitalizing on the image of Kurt Cobain, garnered him third place for

Business Reporting.

City Editor Dan Jackson’s photo “Cameron waits” was awarded third place for News Photography. The photo depicts young Cameron Beck, the nephew of Pfc. Aaron Fairbairn, waiting with his family for Fairbairn’s body to arrive at Bowerman Field in Hoquiam. Fairbairn was killed on the Fourth of July in

Afghanistan.

An exploration of alleged paranormal activity at the Lake Quinault Lodge titled, “Haunted Harbor?,” garnered reporter Rachel Thomson third place in the Short Feature category.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: May 25, 2010, 02:13:48 PM »

BUMP

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #539 on: May 25, 2010, 02:19:02 PM »

ok I got someone down there

message from contact...

There is many fire trucks and ambulances . . They are using special equipment to search the sewer lines . . From kara house to main street . .

as soon as they get a chance we'll have a couple of photos.

To find me:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.