April 18, 2024, 12:20:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 7 1/27/10 - 4/6/11  (Read 324962 times)
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2010, 11:35:51 PM »

Hello DD nice to see you around again. I have a question for you or anyone that wishes to answer.
I recall reading that the dogs didn't track Lindsey leaving Kara's home, they track her there and then nothing. What do you make of that? Does the theory fit that Lindsey never left or may have left and turned around to get somehing she may have forgotten or believed she had forgotten and was taken from in front of Kara's house. There is something that you always said and I can't move away from it, Dogs don't lie.
Can you also please refresh my memory if the woman standing in front of the friends house talking, I think it was a co worker to MB, she is the same person that says she saw Lindsey on the corner of 6th and maple. Has this person been investigated at all and what if anything was found out about her?

the dogs never trailed lindsey from kara's porch.  I don't believe the dogs lie, they have no reason to...

its possible she went out the back door? but then why would they not take the dogs to the back and trail her?  its possible the house door leads into the attached garage and she got into a vehicle that was in the garage?? I don't know... don't even know if the house door opens into the garage, but most of the time they do open into attached garages...

because kara had asked me what happens if lindsey were "carried" would the dogs be able to track her... its possible she was carried out of the house off the porch into a car... normally the dogs would know that though... but the trail might have been weaker and for such a short ways the dogs did not pick it up..

otherwise we have to assume lindsey never left kara's house...

the second witness is said to have come forward on tuesday, so this tells me the 2nd witness is not the first witness, who is rena who kara told me was standing outside of the stroms house when lindsey was going TO karas... this would be about 3 houses to the east of kara's house.  I don't know why rena would not also see lindsey walk FROM kara's as well as TO if lindsey was at kara's for only 5 minutes as kara claims.  you would think rena would see lindsey go back by again being it was just a few minutes.  And I also have to wonder why the other people outside with rena did not notice lindsey?  None of it really makes much sense. 

Would anyone know how the dogs can tell if Lindsey was going toward the house or leaving the house?  Could she have followed the same path?  Sorry for what may be obvious to some, but has just been tapping on the back of my head for a while.  How does the dog know it was only one way, and which way it was?  Thanks!

Hi Bearlyhere,  First, your Valentines Avi is simply too precious, those little hearts falling one by one from her hand - well the whole Avi is great.  Isn't our CBB something else?     

I wish I knew the answer to your question.  I first started thinking about your question picturing her walking up and then down the street, how she would do it.  And then it dawned on me her footprints would mean nothing as the soles might not have any scent.  I don't know, but think the scent comes from the tiny rafts of skin which fall down around us as we walk around.

Lindsey only had about a 5 min + turn around time acc to Kara so there wouldn't be much difference in time.  And I don't think she walked a straight path, but maybe stopped, turned around to talk, did a little skip or two, maybe a dance step thrown in as she made it closer to KK's.  Just like any spirited young pre-teen would do, probably singing along to her steps.  But for sure, one path of rafts would be a bit fresher or newer than the other.  I don't know if a dog would sense that difference.  And we know she wouldn't walk back in exactly the same footsteps as she took walking up to Kara's.

Whatever that means    Oh, this guy agrees with me  LOLOLOLOL  Monkey Devil!  I really wish I knew the answer, just trying to visualize how it would work.  xox
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2010, 09:29:08 PM »

I was at a meeting today for the Amber Dubois walk-a-thon next Saturday. I just wanted to share some things that I heard from people who hear things through the grapevine about Lindsey. Some had even helped in the Lindsey case at one time or another. KK is well liked by everyone that has ever worked the Lindsey Baum case. From what I heard today, she gives 150% of herself to helping to find Lindsey. It is also my understanding that KK's daughter has been getting a whole lot of ugliness at school about Lindsey just because Lindsey was at her house. It breaks my heart that kids can be so mean. I asked about the dogs and the fact that the scent was not picked up of Lindsey walking away from KK's house. It was told to me that the dogs were having a hard time picking up a scent anywhere. They did not have a fresh scent of Lindsey to go by. I know there are those of you that have been suspicious of KK, (myself included). I just wanted to pass on what I heard. Maybe those locals that see KK's daughter around town can give her a smile. First she loses her best friend and then she gets a bunch of nastiness from other kids. She does not deserve that.
Banana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2010, 09:19:27 PM »

I come here looking everyday , praying and hoping the new investigation team assigned to Lindsey's case will find something that tells them where she is or who is responsible for her disappearance.

It saddens me so for there to be absolutely nothing new in this case. 

Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2010, 12:04:56 AM »

I come here looking everyday , praying and hoping the new investigation team assigned to Lindsey's case will find something that tells them where she is or who is responsible for her disappearance.

Sad Hopefully we'll hear something positive in regards to finding her soon. I'm really sad that the case has gone on this long too, it seems like since it was in McCleary, someone would have seen something, or at least have an idea of where the heck she may have gone if she left independently.
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2010, 04:23:36 PM »

The dogs tracking Lindsey here and there, around and nowhere indicates to me that they were just too late getting there.  They may not lie, but they can be confused and not able to trail someone. 

Also, I think the very last thing Lindsey wanted was to return home alone.  It looks to me as if she wanted to stay elsewhere, or have someone with her at home.  That is an excellent defense plan when there is conflict or abuse at home.  I know I used it for years. 

Could Lindsey have been afraid of something/one following her, and hidden instead of going home?   I hope and pray that all the empty stores and homes have been searched including cabinets and fridges.   Also, abandoned vehicles which were unlocked.  What about old water cisterns?   Lindsey probably knew hiding places in that little town that only she and maybe Josh would.   The complete lack of information to this point makes me wonder if she hid herself too well and could not get out. 

OK... this may be too far out, but it does seem possible to me.     

JMOO naturally. 

Chi-M
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2010, 04:43:16 PM »

Still talking to myself. ...    M Lachester(?) at one time was quoted as worried that Lindsey might have run to her old home, but she had moved away, so she could not help her.  That house was empty then as I recall.   I would like to take it apart board by board.   ML may have changed stories or misunderstood someone, but it could be that some of what she said was at least partially accurate. 

Do any Monks have thoughts on the possibility that Lindsey was not kidnapped by strangers and sold to the sex trade.  Maybe she was injured in an accident on the way home.  The property owners may well have moved her then to avoid investigation and lawsuits. 

I just can't buy that that whole town is evil, or just don't care about Lindsey.  They may not know anything more than we do.   For such a small and poor town, I think they did the best that they could to find Lindsey.   

Anyone want to discuss? 

IMO of course.

Chi-M

Chi-M

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2010, 09:31:01 PM »

Chi-Monkey I don't know what to believe sometimes with this case. I find myself going back and forth and back and forth more then a tennis match.

I posted in the Amber thread a story of a young girl that was put into an underground to protect her from abuse she suffered. Anyone suppose that could have happened in this case...Maybe MB felt she couldn't protect Lindsey from Josh or from a friend or relative? Maybe Lindsey's dad did it, after all he doesn't seem to be too involved in helping to find her, maybe that is why?

Another thing I wonder you know there are so many places in Washington state to hide a body, maybe she just hasn't been found?
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2010, 12:06:59 AM »

Chi-Monkey I don't know what to believe sometimes with this case. I find myself going back and forth and back and forth more then a tennis match.

I posted in the Amber thread a story of a young girl that was put into an underground to protect her from abuse she suffered. Anyone suppose that could have happened in this case...Maybe MB felt she couldn't protect Lindsey from Josh or from a friend or relative? Maybe Lindsey's dad did it, after all he doesn't seem to be too involved in helping to find her, maybe that is why?

Another thing I wonder you know there are so many places in Washington state to hide a body, maybe she just hasn't been found?

Sadly I agree with your last statement.  Not finding a body is no indication of anything except that no body has been found.  Does not mean she is alive, or not alive.  The entire town could search the woods and lakes up there for years and not find her, if she is even there.    The same could be said of Amber.

Chi-M
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2010, 02:32:26 AM »

Still talking to myself. ...    M Lachester(?) at one time was quoted as worried that Lindsey might have run to her old home, but she had moved away, so she could not help her.  That house was empty then as I recall.   I would like to take it apart board by board.   ML may have changed stories or misunderstood someone, but it could be that some of what she said was at least partially accurate. 

Do any Monks have thoughts on the possibility that Lindsey was not kidnapped by strangers and sold to the sex trade.  Maybe she was injured in an accident on the way home.  The property owners may well have moved her then to avoid investigation and lawsuits. 

I just can't buy that that whole town is evil, or just don't care about Lindsey.  They may not know anything more than we do.   For such a small and poor town, I think they did the best that they could to find Lindsey.   

Anyone want to discuss? 

IMO of course.

Chi-M

Chi-M

It had come to my mind also about the possibility of her being injured on the way home. But if that was the case they would have found signs involving body fluid of some sort. And that for sure would have been something the dogs would have picked up on.

I'm still trying to think of connections from the area she was last seen.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2010, 11:46:04 AM »

I do also  And since I'm not good at sleuthing anything I appreciate all that I read here.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2010, 12:44:37 AM »

Do any of the locals know if there is anything coming out of the beefed up investigation regarding Lindsey? I think of her daily!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2010, 05:54:49 PM »

This case is driving me bonkers. What on earth happened to this girl? Still to this day we know nothing more then we did. Did she leave the house? We don't kniow. Not leave the house? Don't know. Go anywhere afterwards or began to walk straight home? No one knows foresure. I sure hope this is nto the case to those in LE. I pray they have something to go on.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2010, 07:47:18 AM »

Hello DD nice to see you around again. I have a question for you or anyone that wishes to answer.
I recall reading that the dogs didn't track Lindsey leaving Kara's home, they track her there and then nothing. What do you make of that? Does the theory fit that Lindsey never left or may have left and turned around to get somehing she may have forgotten or believed she had forgotten and was taken from in front of Kara's house. There is something that you always said and I can't move away from it, Dogs don't lie.
Can you also please refresh my memory if the woman standing in front of the friends house talking, I think it was a co worker to MB, she is the same person that says she saw Lindsey on the corner of 6th and maple. Has this person been investigated at all and what if anything was found out about her?

the dogs never trailed lindsey from kara's porch.  I don't believe the dogs lie, they have no reason to...

its possible she went out the back door? but then why would they not take the dogs to the back and trail her?  its possible the house door leads into the attached garage and she got into a vehicle that was in the garage?? I don't know... don't even know if the house door opens into the garage, but most of the time they do open into attached garages...

because kara had asked me what happens if lindsey were "carried" would the dogs be able to track her... its possible she was carried out of the house off the porch into a car... normally the dogs would know that though... but the trail might have been weaker and for such a short ways the dogs did not pick it up..

otherwise we have to assume lindsey never left kara's house...

the second witness is said to have come forward on tuesday, so this tells me the 2nd witness is not the first witness, who is rena who kara told me was standing outside of the stroms house when lindsey was going TO karas... this would be about 3 houses to the east of kara's house.  I don't know why rena would not also see lindsey walk FROM kara's as well as TO if lindsey was at kara's for only 5 minutes as kara claims.  you would think rena would see lindsey go back by again being it was just a few minutes.  And I also have to wonder why the other people outside with rena did not notice lindsey?  None of it really makes much sense. 

Would anyone know how the dogs can tell if Lindsey was going toward the house or leaving the house?  Could she have followed the same path?  Sorry for what may be obvious to some, but has just been tapping on the back of my head for a while.  How does the dog know it was only one way, and which way it was?  Thanks!

Hi Bearlyhere,  First, your Valentines Avi is simply too precious, those little hearts falling one by one from her hand - well the whole Avi is great.  Isn't our CBB something else?     

I wish I knew the answer to your question.  I first started thinking about your question picturing her walking up and then down the street, how she would do it.  And then it dawned on me her footprints would mean nothing as the soles might not have any scent.  I don't know, but think the scent comes from the tiny rafts of skin which fall down around us as we walk around.

Lindsey only had about a 5 min + turn around time acc to Kara so there wouldn't be much difference in time.  And I don't think she walked a straight path, but maybe stopped, turned around to talk, did a little skip or two, maybe a dance step thrown in as she made it closer to KK's.  Just like any spirited young pre-teen would do, probably singing along to her steps.  But for sure, one path of rafts would be a bit fresher or newer than the other.  I don't know if a dog would sense that difference.  And we know she wouldn't walk back in exactly the same footsteps as she took walking up to Kara's.

Whatever that means    Oh, this guy agrees with me  LOLOLOLOL  Monkey Devil!  I really wish I knew the answer, just trying to visualize how it would work.  xox

Thanks, Scandi, I love my avi, I hate to give it up.  I love your avi, too.  CBB has been doing my avi forever and I have always been surprised and pleased.

Thanks for your answer.

Another thing I have been thinking about--anyone who heard the woman who sent Lindsey's brother home and was around at the time of that incident, might assume Lindsey was walking home alone as her brother had been sent home and waited for her.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 07:58:50 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2010, 05:23:48 PM »

Human Remains Found In Toledo-
http://www.kirotv.com/news/22611317/detail.html

No info yet as to age, gender or race.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2010, 06:10:58 PM »

Human Remains Found In Toledo-
http://www.kirotv.com/news/22611317/detail.html

No info yet as to age, gender or race.
That looks pretty close to a road.How far is Toledo from McCleary?

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2010, 06:20:43 PM »

I was looking into these remains today and wondered if there was a Lewis County connection to this case. Not that there needs to be, but I was curious.

McCleary to Toledo, WA is apx. 73 miles as per google map, but this article says apx. 50 miles...>>>>>>>

An 8-year-old boy out playing Thursday in rural Lewis County discovered skeletal remains.

Aerial footage of the scene captured by KOMO News' Air 4 shows detectives combing the area with cadaver dogs. A search team also can be seen forming up near the rural site.

Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott said authorities do not have any indication that the remains might belong to Lindsey Baum, the young girl who disappeared June 26 in the small town of McCleary, about 50 miles away.
http://blog.oregonlive.com/nwheadlines/2010/02/8-year-old_boy_finds_human_rem.html
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 06:22:50 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2010, 06:44:42 PM »

I was looking into these remains today and wondered if there was a Lewis County connection to this case. Not that there needs to be, but I was curious.

McCleary to Toledo, WA is apx. 73 miles as per google map, but this article says apx. 50 miles...>>>>>>>

An 8-year-old boy out playing Thursday in rural Lewis County discovered skeletal remains.

Aerial footage of the scene captured by KOMO News' Air 4 shows detectives combing the area with cadaver dogs. A search team also can be seen forming up near the rural site.

Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott said authorities do not have any indication that the remains might belong to Lindsey Baum, the young girl who disappeared June 26 in the small town of McCleary, about 50 miles away.
http://blog.oregonlive.com/nwheadlines/2010/02/8-year-old_boy_finds_human_rem.html
Thanks for the info Nut.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2010, 07:13:37 PM »

The remains were found at a location along the 100-block of Cougar Lane. Stacey Brown also said it is too early to determine if the person was the victim of a crime. She said the remains are most likely those of an adult.

Cadaver dogs are being called in to help search for additional clues, including something that might lead to the identity. The investigation includes checking missing persons records.

Undersheriff Scott confirmed with Examiner.com that the remains are not those of Lindsey Baum and that the case of the discovered remains is being handled by Lewis County Sheriff's office.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m2d19-Officials-say-remains-found-by-8-yearr-old-near-Olympia-not-believed-to-be-those-of-Susan-Cox-Powell

Karma Is Coming

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2010, 01:51:45 PM »

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22639498/detail.html

Mom Searching For Missing McCleary Daughter Ordered To Pay Back Unemployment

Posted: 6:25 pm PST February 22, 2010
Updated: 6:52 pm PST February 22, 2010

RAINIER, Wash. -- Her daughter's been missing since June and now the mother of Lindsey Baum has been ordered to repay unemployment benefits the state said she never should have received.

Melissa Baum took three months unpaid leave from her job as a call center operator and then filed for unemployment when her employer said she could not return to work part-time.

Baum left her job so she could assist in the search for her daughter, Lindsey, who has been missing from McCleary since June 26.

“We discussed it when I did my initial interview for unemployment. They all knew what was going on, they approved me, I started getting unemployment,” Baum said.

The checks came for five weeks then just before Christmas the state said she was ineligible and asked her to send a $1,000 back.

“I paid into unemployment, I earned the unemployment and now they're saying I can't have it,” Baum said.

Baum and her 13-year-old son just moved to the town of Rainier to live with relatives. She said she can no longer afford the rent for the house in McCleary where she knows her missing daughter is trying to get home to.

“It's very hard, extremely, and I put it off as long as I possibly could. I don't want to do it, but I don't have a choice,” Baum said.

She said she also doesn’t have the $1,000 the state of Washington is demanding her to pay back from unemployment benefits.

“It's just one more battle that I just don't have the time or energy to fight.” Baum said.

Due to federal privacy rules, the state could not make a comment on Baum’s case. They said the federal rules require Baum to pay back the benefits that she wrongly received.

Anyone with information about Lindsey’s disappearance is asked to call the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office at 1-866-915-8299 or send an e-mail to soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2010, 03:41:18 PM »

My heart goes out to MB.  It's bad enough her daughter is missing.  Now she has to pay back unemployment and has moved out of the house where Lindsey went missing. 

I really pary there would be some clue as to where Lindsey went.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.