April 25, 2024, 09:19:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 7 1/27/10 - 4/6/11  (Read 325643 times)
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #820 on: December 17, 2010, 02:02:03 PM »

i don't understand it either

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #821 on: December 17, 2010, 06:25:31 PM »

I don't understand why they won't put a banner on the fire truck or pass out something about Lindsey? I think they should just do it, wont hurt anyone and doing it might help.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #822 on: December 18, 2010, 12:20:10 AM »

I don't understand why they won't put a banner on the fire truck or pass out something about Lindsey? I think they should just do it, wont hurt anyone and doing it might help.
it might help remember Lindsey, but honestly i don't believe that she is still in mccleary, so i don't see how putting up a banner on a truck during a holiday parade (in a tiny town that i have a feeling remembers she is missing) is gonna help find her.  nor do i think that in not doing so, they are 'refusing to help find the missing girl'.
but hey, it just my opinion.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #823 on: December 20, 2010, 05:53:25 PM »

it might help remember Lindsey, but honestly i don't believe that she is still in mccleary, so i don't see how putting up a banner on a truck during a holiday parade (in a tiny town that i have a feeling remembers she is missing) is gonna help find her.  nor do i think that in not doing so, they are 'refusing to help find the missing girl'.
but hey, it just my opinion.
Mama, I agree with you.
Tracygirl, from what I gleaned from the articles, every year they pick a family to help and this year the focus was on that particular family.  The vigil was held right before the parade so it isn't like she was ignored.  We also don't know how the fire department was approached -- having read some of the . . . my words, "entitlement" attitudes . . . To the family that was helped, God bless you and God bless Lindsey too!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #824 on: December 25, 2010, 08:56:50 PM »

God Bless you Lindsay and Merry Christmas little big girl.

Prayers to Lindseys family and friends today. May God comfort you today and always.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #825 on: December 26, 2010, 10:46:47 AM »

God Bless you Lindsay and Merry Christmas little big girl.

Prayers to Lindseys family and friends today. May God comfort you today and always.
an angelic monkey

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #826 on: December 28, 2010, 12:17:33 AM »

Thanks to everyone for the updates and links.  I check here every week hoping for news.

I kinda feel like No Rose about this case, just a bad sense...or feeling. Not really anything I can express in words though.

Is you are so inclined - http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=FLB

an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey

Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #827 on: January 05, 2011, 08:57:12 AM »

Vanished: Lindsey Baum Case Heartbreaking for Family, Frustrating for PoliceVanished: Lindsey Baum Case Heartbreaking for Family, Frustrating for Police http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/vanished-lindsey-baum-case-heartbreaking-family-frustrating-police/story?id=11582168

http://www.findlindseybaum.com/

$30,000 Reward http://helpfindlindseybaum.com/submit-confidential-tip/

The Connection Between Michael Jackson and Lindsey Baum by Susan Murphy-Milano http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2011/01/connection-between-michael-jackson-and.html

Crime Wire Investigates 1/4/2011
Monica Caison of CUE Center for Missing Persons will join us in the second segment. We will be featuring the case of Lindsey Baum, a 10 year old little girl missing from McCleary, WA since June 26, 2009.
Information about Lindsey Baum: http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/index.php?s=lindsey+baum
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/crimewire/2011/01/05/crime-wire-investigates-tuesdays-900-pm-eastern-ti

Comments are my opinion, not fact, not malicious, a commentary on the topic, an exercise of 1st Amend Rights.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #828 on: January 05, 2011, 09:27:19 AM »

Thank you for posting this Cherry.

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #829 on: January 09, 2011, 10:17:52 AM »

Monica Caison-Founder
 CUE Center For Missing Persons
 PO Box 12714
 Wilmington, NC 28405
 (910) 343-1131
 (910) 232-1687
 http://www.ncmissingpersons.org
 For immediate release
 “Family of Missing Child Lindsey Baum joins forces with the CUE Center for Missing Persons”
 Wilmington, NC – The CUE Center for Missing Persons will launch a campaign geared toward hunters in the region where missing child, Lindsey Baum vanished from over a year ago; the objective is to involve the community of people who know the region and can eliminate space, in hope to bring Lindsey home. “I am so excited about this idea, it gives me hope and I believe in the hunters because they know every inch of the wilderness out there and I need more help to find my daughter”, said the mother of Lindsey, Melissa Baum.
 The non profit, all volunteer group is asking for area hunters to adopt a piece of land and or property that they are familiar with or hunt on regularly to search for missing Lindsey Baum; registration will begin on January 10, 2011 and run throughout the month. Hunters may call in directly to the center at (910) 232-1687 anytime or visit CUE on the web at http://www.ncmissingpersons.org and click on “The Hunt” where they can enter and submit information; during the effort a map will go up coloring in areas that have been adopted. “We are also extending invitations to forestry and park personnel as well as land owners in the concerned areas of focus”, said CUE founder, Monica Caison.
 Areas this effort will concentrate on will be the McCleary town itself and 15 miles radius of each direction leaving the place Lindsey was last seen. These areas consist of the following:
 McCleary Focus Area
 • North – The National Olympic Forest
 • South – Malone-Porter
 • South East – The Capitol Forest
 • East – Shelton
 • West – Elma & Grays Harbor County
 Lindsey disappeared on June 26, 2009 while on her way home from a friend’s house in McCleary, WA at approximately 9:30 at night; noted one of the longest days of that year, darkness came around 10:30 pm. In the short distance Lindsey had to walk, accompanied by a few friends and her brother, they were sighted while in route and all was well. Minutes later Lindsey left the neighborhood house alone and on her way home she vanished; she has not been seen or heard from since

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #830 on: January 09, 2011, 10:40:22 AM »

Thanks, mamacrazy.  I'm hoping Lindsey can be found.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #831 on: January 09, 2011, 05:06:11 PM »

Thank You Muffy.  i hope so as well. an angelic monkey

nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #832 on: January 15, 2011, 04:16:19 PM »

TV's Nancy Grace to feature Lindsey Baum in series

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/113818889.html

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer January 15, 2011

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) - HLN's Nancy Grace on Monday will launch two months' worth of special programs on missing persons, hoping prime time attention can loosen fresh clues in some cases that are as much as 20 or 30 years old.

"Nancy Grace: America's Missing" will air 50 separate cases on 50 weekdays at 9 p.m. EST, following Grace's regular nightly program.

Grace said it's often frustrating on her show when a missing persons case is covered that it often gets quickly shoved aside when something new comes up.

"Anything that can move a case forward to me would be worth it," she said. "If a case gets solved that would be like a blessing from heaven."

Her effort starts Monday with the story of 10-year-old Lindsey Baum, from Washington state, who was last seen leaving a friend's house in June 2009. The majority of the cases involve children or teenagers, but not all: Grace will talk about a 27-year-old television anchorwoman from Iowa who has been missing since 1995, for example.

Grace said she's not naive enough to think that many, or any, of the missing people will be discovered alive through the attention paid on her show. But she said if information can be uncovered that would lead to closure for a suffering family, that would be valuable.

Her focus on missing people has sometimes borne fruit. In December, San Francisco police arrested a man found panhandling with a 12-year-old girl who had been abducted from Virginia. Police said a witness reported she had recognized the two from Grace's show.

Grace's show had proposed "America's Missing" when HLN approached them with a request to do a second hour as part of the network's transition to a new schedule. After the 50 days are over, HLN is premiering a Drew Pinsky talk show in the 9 p.m. EST time slot. Joy Behar's show moves to 10 p.m., starting Monday.

"They always have to make hard choices on what they can fit into their one hour," said Scot Safon, HLN's chief executive. "So they viewed the second hour as a real opportunity to spotlight 50 cases they feel deserve attention."

Grace also noted that "we're very conscious" of criticism that television gives outsized attention to missing white women, and will have several cases involving minorities.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: January 16, 2011, 03:11:55 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-in-seattle/lindsey-baum-1st-case-on-nancy-grace-s-new-hln-show-america-s-missing
Videos
Lindsey Baum 1st case on Nancy Grace's new HLN show 'America's Missing'
January 15, 2011
Lindsey Baum 1st case on Nancy Grace's new HLN show 'America's Missing' (VIDEO)

PASADENA, Calif. -- HLN's Nancy Grace begins her new show "America's Missing" Monday night, and will begin the series spotlighting the Lindsey Baum case - 11-year-old Washington State girl who went missing while walking to a friend's house in June 2009.

The network will launch "Nancy Grace: America's Missing" at 9 p.m. EST. She will air 50 separate cases on 50 weekdays following her regular nightly program.

While Grace plans to spotlight mostly missing children and teens, she does plan to spotlight some adult cases, and some cases that are 20 to 30 years old.

She hopes some prime-time attention will bring new clues to help solve these heartwrenching cases.

Grace's show has proved successful in finding a missing 11-year-old girl from Virginia.

Last December San Francisco police arrested a man found panhandling with the 12-year-old girl who had been abducted from Virginia. Police said a witness reported she had recognized the two from Grace's show.

About Lindsey Baum

Lindsey Baum disappeared while walking home from a friend’s house in McCleary, Washington, the day before her 11th birthday.

Her mother, Melissa Baum, believes someone took her daughter as she walked from her friend's house, a route she took several times a day. A police officer saw her in her travels earlier in the day. A motorist looked into Lindsey's eyes as she drove past just moments before she disappeared.

Melissa thinks the person who took her daughter is likely someone Lindsey knew and trusted.

Lindsey disappeared June 26, 2009. At the time, she was 4'9" and weighed 80 lbs. She has brown eyes and brown hair, and was last seen wearing a light blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans.

Tipline: Gray's Harbor Sheriff's Office 866-915-8299 (Click on video - left - for more on this case.)

Police re-questioned a 47-year-old man last July when information he provided conflicted with information they obtained independently.

At the time, authorities conducted two new searches related to information they received from the 47-year-old man.

Investigators received information from the man a year ago. Both Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office and the FBI grew suspicious when they found inconsistencies in his story.

"We found that what we were being told and what we now believe to be true were two different things," Scott said. "Those inconsistencies gave birth to some concerns that we needed to explore further."

Search warrants were obtained by the Sheriff’s Office. Searches were carried out on the man’s residence and a shared storage unit. Some items were seized and investigators spoke to the man at length. Investigators also searched his car.

Undersheriff Scott told ABC News that this man is one of many persons of interest in the case and has not become a suspect.

To date, Lindsey remains missing. Melissa Baum says she will never stop looking for her.

"I know somebody took her," Lindsey's mother, Melissa Baum, said. "I believe it was somebody she knew or thought she could trust. Meaning somebody she would see as safe."

Baum said she has walked the route her daughter took that night hundreds of times. "I want to feel her," she said.

"To the person who took my daughter -- if they're a parent and they have any idea what a parents love feels like," Baum said, crying, "I just have to appeal to their heart and to their morals and stop this."

The two-month "America's Missing" series is part of a prime-time transition for HLN. Drew Pinsky starts with his own 9 p.m. show once the 50 days for "America's Missing" are over, and Joy Behar's show moves to 10 p.m.

Sources: Examiner.com (Lindsey Baum), Examiner.com (America's Missing), CNN, ABC News

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #834 on: January 17, 2011, 11:35:43 PM »

Thank you NG...(i never thought i would ever type that)  an angelic monkey

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: January 18, 2011, 09:17:28 AM »

I watched NG last night when she was covering Lindsey's story..
I am glad that NG is covering some of the past missing childrens' stories...maybe it will jar someone's memory...xxxx

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: January 18, 2011, 09:27:05 AM »

I am glad that NG is covering some of the past missing childrens' stories...maybe it will jar someone's memory...xxxx

I'm glad to see Lindsey's case getting some exposure again.  It's my hope not only will NG's airing "jar someone's memory", but I'm hoping perhaps it will also jar someone's conscience.  It's only my opinion, but I think there are people that have information they aren't currently sharing. 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #837 on: January 18, 2011, 09:40:03 AM »

I agree Muffers..
wonder which missing child NG will feature on tonight's show? I will be watching..

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #838 on: January 18, 2011, 03:16:52 PM »

I'm glad to see Lindsey's case getting some exposure again.  It's my hope not only will NG's airing "jar someone's memory", but I'm hoping perhaps it will also jar someone's conscience.  It's only my opinion, but I think there are people that have information they aren't currently sharing. 

Muffy, I agree.  I absolutely believe there are people who know and aren't sharing for whatever reason(s).

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #839 on: January 27, 2011, 04:50:41 PM »

Where is this girl and what happened that night? Is she alive still, being held captive somewhere? Was she unfortunatly killed that night? I can't believe she has not been found, with all of the attention this case has received it shocks me she is still missing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.